main - literalworm
alt - hahgetbonked <— applying on alt

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

-worm- #0333

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:

EST+1

Describe your activity on the server:

I normally try to login to SRP every couple days for a few hours at a time (2-4hrs), I may not be on as consistently as I used to be but I do have responsibilities in real life like my job and regular chores etc. On a scale from 1-10 I’m probably somewhere between 6 or 7-10 just depending on my personal schedule and mental health.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

N/A

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes I understand.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:

Caretaker

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

Caretakers are normally responsible for keeping the school grounds clean and safe for students and faculty, as well as fixing any damages to the property such as general repairs or vandalism in and out of the school building. Caretakers are essential to keeping the school environment healthy and safe whether it’s patrolling the halls, cleaning desks, chairs, floors etc. or restocking necessary toiletries, even taking out or changing trash bags. Caretakers also add additional support to the faculty by aiding in situations like school fights or dangerous encounters with weapons or other restricted items, caretakers are there to help defuse the situation. Most of these small things wouldn’t get done without caretakers on the premises, as teachers and other faculty members just don’t have time to do these things on a daily basis.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I have a few years of roleplay experience mainly from this server, but I have improved greatly since first joining the server in 2021. Most of the time I get on with my friends, we roleplay together to add on to lore and character development however I do get on by myself occasionally and look around for strangers to interact with as well so it's not always the same groups of people. I do also have a few months experience roleplaying as a teacher, I would have liked to continue it at the time but I was experiencing an increase of hours on my work schedule and just didn’t have time to do it anymore. I also have many months spent roleplaying on my bird account which I have had some fun with on the server!

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:

I need a change in my roleplay experience or a refresh if that makes sense. Being a part of the employee faction will give me more roleplay opportunities and hopefully give some inspiration/motivation to become even more active on SRP. Remaining on a grade 12 account can only bring so many opportunities, especially considering how much the city roles have grown recently, there's now more than just ten or so adults to interact with. I look forward to experiencing a different side of roleplay again, and hope to find more inspiration with this role.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

literalworm - [Grade 12] High School Student
hahgetbonked - [Bird]

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Zarina would cross her arms, resisting the urge to roll her eyes as she stared down the student. She tapped her foot impatiently while waiting for the student to decide to be quiet or just “let it all out”. Zarina doesn't like having her time wasted, especially for trivial acts such as this. When the student has eventually stopped cursing her out, she’d say “I understand bad days can happen but taking it out on others is not the right thing to do. If you need someone to talk to I’ll gladly direct you to the counsellors. However, if this becomes a recurring issue I will not hesitate to give you a detention slip and trust me, scrubbing the toilets after school is no fun.”

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

She would make her way to the students, pushing herself in between the two breaking the fight up. She’d ask both of the students what happened, listening to both sides of the story making an attempt to fully understand what was happening before making a rash decision. When both had told their sides, she’d begin to lecture them like a mother, saying “Why would either of you think it's smart to fight on school grounds? If I see either of you remotely close to one another for the rest of the day you’ll both be visiting the detention room for assaulting another student on school grounds, no excuses. Now hurry on and get out of my sight.”. She'd then watch the two, making sure they walk off in separate directions before carrying on with her duties.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

Zarina would ask to speak to them in private, telling the employee that they’re setting a bad example for the students and would ask them to stop doing whatever it was that they were doing. She would continue to observe the employees' behaviour for the next couple days, only reporting it to SLT if they continued to act/do the same thing once again after being spoken to/informed of their inappropriate actions. Though, depending on the severity of inappropriateness (ex: drinking on the job, assaulting another employee or student, etc..) she would make a report to SLT almost instantly, especially if there was solid proof of said actions (ie: CCTV, recording on a student or employees phone).

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?:

While on break Zarina sips on a hot cup of coffee and occasionally snacks on a few fruits or granola bars, normally keeping to herself unless she's approached by another faculty member. She partakes in small talk but normally nothing more as she's there to relax and enjoy her break not make friends, most of the time if someones speaking to her for too long she just ends up tuning them out. She likes to observe her coworkers as they chat, catch up on work or just eat their meals in peace.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

*all of these /me’s are appended
/me she’d slip a pair of rubber garden gloves on, they had clearly been well used as they were frayed and discoloured but it didn't seem to affect their ability to keep her hands safe. She’d grab onto the edges of the trash cans’ bag, tugging it out of the bin rather efficiently, she’d then set the used bag on the ground, tying its edges tightly. Zarina would reach into her pocket pulling a fresh bag out, unravelling it open then placing it in the trash can.

/me would lay out her supplies consisting of a disinfectant spray bottle, cleaning cloth, garbage bags and the almighty paint sc****r. She’d grab the spray bottle spraying each desk and chair in the classroom, twice for good measure. After letting the disinfectant sit for a minute or so, she’d go around wiping down each chair and desk in a swift circular motion. Once the surfaces were clean she’d grab the paint sc****r, checking under each desk for discarded chewed gum, scraping off and throwing out any that were found. Zarina would then gather her supplies and head to the next class, repeating the process.

/me she’d stick her head in the washroom doorway shouting “Anyone in there?” waiting a few seconds before entering with her mop bucket and normal cleaning supplies. She’d slide on a pair of clear disposable gloves before grabbing her trusted disinfectant spray bottle, she’d spray down the seat and base of each toilet as well as the sinks and handles. Zarina would mop half of the bathroom floor then proceed to scrub down each toilet and sink after the disinfectant rest. She’d make sure each stall was stocked with toilet paper and that the paper towel rolls were also stocked by the sink. She’d finish mopping the rest of the floor, collecting the rest of her cleaning supplies, then head on to the next washroom.

/me Zarina would let out an angered huff, gripping the mops’ wooden handle tightly as she stared up at the bright red graffiti on the side of the building. She’d kick open the step ladder and dip her mop in a mix of bleach and boiling water, she’d climb the ladder giving her an extra two or so feet above the ground to reach. Zarina raised her arms dragging the boiling bleach soaked mop against the side of the building, scrubbing and scrubbing while muttering curses about ‘the damned kids who did this’.

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):
Zarina Konstantinov
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Preferred Name: Zarina

Age (Minimum is 25): 31

Academic Degree: Bachelor’s Degree
Major(s): Automotive Engineering
Minors: Communications, Japanese (language studies)

Nationality: Russian
Known Languages: Russian, Japanese

Backstory

Zarina was born and raised in Primorsky Krai, Russia more specifically in Spassk-Dalny. Zarina was the first born of her family, her mother Klara was more than happy with a baby girl but her father Ivan, was not. Her mother and father fought quite frequently throughout her childhood even while her ears and eyes were covered she could still understand what was happening, as many children do in semi-abusive scenarios. It wasn’t until Zarina was five years old that her first sibling Anna was brought into the world. Her mother started to distance herself from Zarina only caring for her basic needs and plainly focusing on Anna, all the while her father Ivan was busy working in his mechanics shop.

As the years went on the Konstantinov family grew and grew, by age sixteen Zarina was helping her father in the mechanic shop, doing basic oil changes and ordering parts for cars he was in the process of repairing. Her siblings Anna (eleven), Sasha (seven), Karina (five), Katya (five) and Innessa (three) were far too young and fragile to help out as she could. Her mother remained a housewife for the majority of her life, cooking, cleaning and taking care of each child restlessly. Zarina didn’t speak to her mother much as she was too busy taking care of the children and Zarina was too busy helping her father keep the shop running and still attending mandatory schooling. While working in the shop she noticed her father spoke more than just Russian, he spoke a bit of Korean and Japanese as well. The shop brought many different clientele and many different languages in. She observed her father eagerly, wanting to understand every word he was saying but alas she couldn’t.

Around two years have passed and Zarina is now eighteen, freshly graduated from high school. She may not have received honours but she was still passing at an above grade level compared to others. She continued to work in her fathers shop daily, picking up some Japanese here and there from clientele that would teach her if she asked. Her father scolded her for even speaking to them about something that wasn’t ‘business related’ but she didn’t care. After working the summer in the shop Zarina had decided to apply to university with her fathers partial approval, “As long as you go into engineering” he had scoffed. Indeed she did go into engineering, but she also took a communications class and Japanese language studies in order to try and connect with her father and his business further.

While Zarina was away during her third year of studying her mother unfortunately passed away during her final childbirth, the twins miraculously survived with no health burdens and were named Dmitri and Ivan. Zarina didn’t find out about her mothers passing until she was back from her third year of university. She was extremely upset and overwhelmed, her father demanded she quit university altogether to take care of her siblings but she refused, she was determined to finish her schooling. Zarina ran to the bank, demanding they give her mothers last bit of savings. With that money she was able to hire a personal nanny for the time she would be away for her last year of university.

The year passed quickly as she was still burdened with her saddened siblings who cried “We miss you!” or “We miss mommy” every single week over the phone or through direct letters to her dorm building. But with her siblings on her mind a glimpse of hope shone through, she had made it, she had graduated. She knew her mother would be proud, even if they didn’t get to spend as much time together in the past. The only person who showed up to her graduation was her closest sister in age, Anna. Zarina could see her in her seat, slowly clapping with a blank expression on her face for every other person whose name was called. When it was finally Zarina’s turn, Anna’s face lit up, her smile grew ear to ear as she walked the stage.

Zarina came home from university. The house was not quite a mess but it wasn't clean either, Anna explained “I’ve been doing my best to keep tidy but it's not exactly enough.”, she understood, as their father had never ever cleaned before and the nanny was doing her best to take care of the much younger siblings. Zarina had eventually found an overnight job at a local middle school as a janitor; she was willing to do anything as they needed as much funding as possible to support the family. A few months later Zarina was forced to quit her job as it was just too much to work nights and take care of the entire family (basically by herself). She confronted her father saying “If you don’t help out I’m leaving, I care about this family and you should too, but I can’t do this without your help.”. Eventually he did cave in, taking some days off earlier to help out with the siblings, even bringing some of them down into the shop.

Years had passed and Zarina was now twenty-nine, due to her working so frequently in her fathers shop, many of the Japanese folk she spoke to on a daily basis suggested she move to Karakra. A smaller town in Japan but many of the clientele said it was a “lovely place” for someone like her to live in. She eventually sc****d together enough funds to fly herself over to Karakra. She said her goodbyes to her siblings, promising eventually she would come back or at least visit frequently. When she arrived in Karakura all she had was her small blue suitcase and a cheap flip phone, she was able to ask for directions to her apartment from the locals though when she arrived the apartment seemed… strange to say the least.

Zarina spent a few months fully settling into her apartment. A new environment was strange after living in the same place for practically six years plus her whole childhood… but she grew to like it. She never visited her siblings as frequently as she intended to, however she called and wrote them letters filled with charms and small candies constantly. Zarina had lived in Karakura for around two years now, she just had her thirty-first birthday, celebrated alone of course but maybe it was time for a small change. A job posting from Karakura’s school seemed to have piqued her interest…

Motivation for Joining KHS:

“I’ve lived in Karakura for a few years now and everyone I’ve spoken to has said how amazing the school is here and that there's plenty of opportunities for people like me. This could be the start of an amazing new chapter to my life. I know kids can be a handful but I’ve practically raised half my family by myself anyways, it's just like raising them all over again… except there's probably thirty more kids I’ll have to help on a daily basis. But it’s nothing I can’t handle! Call me an overachiever if you want but I know I can help keep Karakura’s school safe, secure and clean. I wanna try and be there for the kids who might not have anyone too y’know? Add on a new face so they might find someone new to trust… I know some of them will appreciate the extra moral support anyways.”

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):

“When I first got out of university I did work part time as a caretaker, night shifts just to pick up some extra cash for the family. Unfortunately things didn’t last too long, I was there for probably four months, maybe a little more… but pops needed someone to help with the shop so I had to quit.”

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

“Like I said before, I had a little experience in the past with this type of job. It might not be as much experience as other people but it’s better than nothing, right? I’ve spent lots of time around my siblings that are similar ages to most of the kids attending at Karakuras' school. I feel like I can understand most of em’ have a better connection with them and help them grow, that's what the goal is as an employee. See em’ succeed and hopefully graduate and then go on to be better people. I'm willing to learn new things, I won't just shut out other peoples idea's or recommendations especially if it helps me out and makes the job go quicker! If you give me a chance I can prove I'll be a great face to add on to this team."

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

*Backstory may change slightly in the future
*Application edited April 6th
Character reference below (base WIP)

Do you have any questions?:

N/A

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations, you have been accepted for the role of Caretaker! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.

Users who are viewing this thread