HaloBoss29

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Dupa Yash#5110

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I do own a microphone.

What is your time zone?:
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I completely acknowledge and understand.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am on almost every day unless there is some sort of family issue that needs to be dealt with, I am more active on weekends rather than weekdays, however I will continue to work my hardest to meet quota and be active on SRP.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No, and I plan to keep it this way.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Accepted:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/german-application.37987/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/art-teacher-application.40346/

Denied:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-application.39046/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/halos-art-teacher-application.40336/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
I am currently playing as a 27 year old Art teacher, my exact rank at the moment is NQT. I will be using the same character as before.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

P.A, more specifically drama/acting.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Being a Teacher on SRP has been one of the most fascinating and fun experiences I have ever had the pleasure of doing, the reason I originally wanted to begin teaching was for a better roleplay experience and a chance to meet new people and generally be in the presence of others. Teaching has not only improved my detailRP but my overall view on roleplay and I am so glad I applied when I did. The reason I am applying to change positions is simply because I know more about Drama as opposed to Art and I believe I can make everything just slightly more fun for all of my students while maintaining a calm and professional, yet fun attitude.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I acknowledge this fact and I understand completely.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
After hosting a class, every teacher must log it and state the OOC date, subject, their IGN, the class plan, and provide a screenshot of the class with clear proof that it is in fact them that is hosting. This is to ensure that every teacher has met quota that month and is eligible for payment.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: Respect others around you,
  • Be aware of your surroundings,
  • Listen to any questions someone may have,
  • As a teacher, don’t yell at your students, and don’t lose your temper. Yelling at your students and losing your temper will only make them act up more than they already were, instead, calmly clap your hands or find a fun way to get the students to quiet down.
  • Be considerate of other students as you participate.
  • Try your hardest on the work you provide for your teacher.
  • Respect yourself, and your assignment whilst in the classroom.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

Apart from playing SRP for a few years now, I also used to, and still do on occasion, RP a lot in discord with my best friend. We have gone through generations and generations of roleplay characters, each generation lasting a minimum of 2 months. I have been improving my RP skills for about 4 years in general now.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning
: Head of Department
↳ Description: The HD of a department is the teacher that watches over the NQTs and UTs until they are promoted to QT, the HD’s job is to ensure everyone in their department is doing their job and doing it correctly, in addition, if another teacher in the department has a question, it is the HD’s job to answer the question to the best of their ability.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A Qualified Teacher is a Teacher that has finished all training and has put noticeable effort into their work, this meaning an active teacher who deals with troublemakers accordingly and knows the overall rules of teaching.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A teacher that has only recently gone through training, a newer Teacher that can still learn from other teachers along the way. They can now hold their own classes, with guidance

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: A Teacher that has yet to finish Teacher training and prove themselves worthy of NQT, they have a lot to learn and a lot of time to learn it. They have yet to hold any classes, they have a lot more to learn

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers make sure students are well-informed about the subject they teach, they make sure they know what is required for them to move onto College and to enter adult-hood in general. Teachers get paid 350k for hosting 10 classes, 450k if they get 15 classes in, if they teach 10 more bonus classes they earn 500k. Every teacher has a different method of teaching, however the most common Method I've seen is hands-on teaching, for example in Culinary class, you aren't shown how to make the dish but instead you find out as you work, it's more-so learning from mistakes you made and moving on from them. Teachers are to be used as mentors for students, as responsible adults students are meant to rely on.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Without Teachers, there would be no school. Without school, there would be no SchoolRP, Teachers are a very important part of the server as they help manage the school, Teach students and ensure that they are well informed, and they make up SRP as a whole. Roleplay hub started off being nothing but School roleplay, without Teachers roleplay hub would have never gotten the opportunity to expand as much as it has today. Without the classes everyone would be extensively bored throughout the school day, especially those who regularly don't go out of their way to talk to new people, or strangers. It would just be everyone standing around, talking and waiting for the school day to simply end, you would be stuck there.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: MoScOw (Must have, Should have, Could have, Won’t have)

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Standing at 5’3, Halo Sugimoto has long, dark Blonde hair that would almost never be styled in any way, she'd have dark Blue eyes paired with pale skin and a scrawny figure, she'd weigh 119 lbs and be pleasing to look at. A strict yet respectable young woman, she'd have a bubbly personality, always there to help with whatever a student, or friend may need. Though when hanging out with friends she acts a bit crazy, while in public or at work, she'd remain professional.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Every student must receive three warnings before being handed out a detention, the scenario should be dealt with calmly and professionally, you do not yell, nor do you use color codes to express your anger or frustration. Tell them to stop, if they refuse then warn them again, if they still refuse to comply, you give them one last warning before handing out a detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
The last thing you want to do when your class is being disruptive is raising your voice, as a Teacher, you are held on a social expectation to remain professional at all times while working. What I would do is clap my hands loudly at least 3 times, if the class still refuses to listen, give them a calm lecture. Remain calm and collected at all times.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Halo would mostly keep to herself as she planned her next class, if someone were to try and communicate with her, she would politely comply and start conversing with the co-worker. The last thing you want to do is treat your co-workers or students disrespectfully, it is your job to not only remain professional but to remain polite as well.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me As the students walked in, taking their seats as anticipated, their teacher would be dramatically sitting on the floor, her face to the ground, and looking vaguely heartbroken, but not a word spoken. A few dramatic, confused minutes would pass before she'd looked back up to her students, a smile reoccurring on the previously devastated-looking woman's face. "Quite a dramatic start!" she'd chuckle, finally pulling herself to her feet. "But a great introduction to this subject! Today we'll be reviewing, and discussing body language in drama, and it's interpretations!”

/me She'd cross her arms, her eyes narrowed as her arms crossed over each other. "Excuse me-" . . .she'd glare disapprovingly, not in the mood to deal with this today. "We do not use this sort of language on campus." She'd stand firmly in place, not backing down to the student's misdemeanors. "Unfortunately, If you persist with this." She'd look between the two, glaring. "I'll have to issue you both detention at the end of the day, so behave, yes?"

/me She'd cross her legs while seated on the ground amongst her students, watching over the student's performance and taking active internal notes, observing. Occasionally, she'd look to the class beside herself, making sure everyone was well behaved before looking back to the performing student. Once done, she'd effortlessly pull herself to her feet, her hands bringing themselves together to clap approvingly. "Yes, good job, exactly as demonstrated, however, I do have some notes I'd like to discuss with everyone on the performance."

/me she'd smile over her students, a warmly stern impression washing over the class as she'd move to the board, removing the chalk from its place next to the board and writing in bold letters; 'METHOD ACTING' before she'd turned back, tucking her arms behind her back. "As you can tell from the board.-" She'd reference it once more, for those who hadn't acknowledged her writing. "we'll be talking and working with method acting today, can everyone stand up, please?"

Backstory
Growing up, Halo faced much despair, perhaps being what initially sparked her fascination in the dramatic acting aspects of the artistic world.

She was born in Kyoto, Japan. Her mother German and a Japanese father whom fell in love in their mother's homeland. After 4 years after her sisters Kelly and Yui were born, and they'd moved to Japan, their parents got a divorce for a variety of reasons, affairs, devastation, mental problems running through the family and causing much instability, and an immense amount of stress for the young Halo Sugimoto.

Her and her sister, Yui went with their mother, and Kelly disappeared with their father. She'd discovered she'd had a brother in the mix all the meanwhile, one she wouldn't meet in depth until much later, but immediately felt close to, not that it mattered too much at the time, being a very brief realization, but one to dwell on. Her mother acted very coldy to her, being an unstable and harsh woman, and only intensified with the separation from her father and it's circumstances.

She'd need something to cope, clinging onto this specific acting interest, and finding it something to channel her life of tragedy into. As things started to get better when she was older, moving to Karakura with Kelly, Yui and eventually her brother, Winmo. She'd found a home in Karakura, where she'd discovered freedom and friendships. She'd forged bonds, meeting people as she'd grown older.

She found comfort in school, though not always following the rules, she aspired to be like one of the teachers she'd learned under, and dedicated herself to that goal, going to college and majoring in Acting and Teaching, before she'd worked found herself working at her old school, as she'd dreamed, working as a Performing Arts teacher. She'd continue to grow, however, expanding her bonds, to those new and old, and working to improve herself despite her struggles, channeling her pain into art through her work, and teaching the troubled students of Karakura the same.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Halo Sugimoto
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss
Given Name(s):
Halo Sugimoto
Preferred Name:
Halo / Miss Sugimoto

Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination:
N/A
Marital Status:
Dating

Nationality:
German-Russian-Japanese
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:
Bachelors
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Teaching, Art, Acting
Minors:
Dance, Photography

Native Languages:
Japanese
Other Languages:
German, Russian

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Unfortunately not.

Extra
Additional notes about your application:
This is an application applying to switch positions from Art to P.A (Drama)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread