players online

Accepted Hamsterbutt's Art teacher Application

Tequila

Level 1
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
HamsterButt
How old are you?: 17
Do you have any previous bans?: I have no previous bans.
What Country are you from?: I am from Japan.
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): My discord is Tequila#7319
Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes I understand that there are many important rules and documents which can be found on forums. I will continuously check forums to stay up to date with the latest updates to rules. I understand that it is very important to read all of the rules, as well as all of the COC guidelines.
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes I understand fully that being inactive on SchoolRP will lead to me being demoted. I believe that this rule is very important and should be enforced due to the idea that school is one of the most important factors of ‘SchoolRP’ and teachers should be active for the server and community to run smoothly. I am active on SchoolRP everyday, and will continue to do so if I am promoted to be a teacher.
Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: Yes I understand this and will stay up to date when documenting all of my classroom activities. I will make it into a normal habit to do this.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I believe I am fairly active on the forums. I love to read other people’s forums as well as all of the new updates the server is adding to create an even better in game experience for players. However I only post when it is necessary, for example my College application, and News Reporter application. I believe that when I do post, I put in a lot of effort and work hard in my applications with much detail. Once / if I am promoted to become a teacher, I will make sure to check for any updates on new rules for teachers, and whether new guidelines are added into the COC.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
News Reporter application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/hamsterbutts-news-reporter-application.27133/

College Application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/hamsterbutt-college-application.27082/

Grade Request: https://schoolrp.net/threads/tequila-grade-request.27125/

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

In all honesty, I want to be a teacher on SchoolRP because of my desire for the same dream in real life. I believe that our world is so stuck on the idea that grades mean and define what a student is, however I disagree. I believe that a student should be identified and seen as based on their personality and interests. My motivation for becoming a teacher is to be patient with students and teach them to continue fighting for their dreams whether or not someone has told them they could not do so in the past. I would love to motivate children into believing they can do it, rather than putting them down with negative behavior.

I also believe that being a teacher in SchoolRP will hold big responsibility, however will help me improve in my tasking skills as well as a person in general as well. I believe I am mature enough to handle this in a formal and serious manner. I will treat the job much like how I would treat it OOCly as well.

Many times, as a student I would find new students asking about classes and why teachers are very inactive. I believe to a certain extent this problem has to deal with time zones as not every teacher can be online throughout the whole day. I believe that because I follow the JST Japan time zone, I will be able to host classes for students that are playing around the time I am as well. Aside from that, I am very active on the server and will be on everyday in order to host classes for everyone. As a teacher I must be there for my students for them to learn. There is no way students can learn if teachers are inactive and offline all the time which is why being active and committed is my number one priority.

The role I am going for is a Art teacher. I am motivated into teaching art to students because it is one of my favorite subjects. In school, I often hear people complaining about how bad they are in drawing or art in general. I believe that many art teachers put an image in students minds teaching them what “bad” and “good” pieces of art are. I on the other hand, believe anything is beautiful. If a student lends their time with their art work and loves it, I love it as well. I am motivated to teach students of Karakura that each and every student is capable of being amazing at art. I would like students to even carry this lesson to them oocly. Anyone can do it, as long as you believe and work hard.

To sum this in shorter terms, my motivation for being an Art teacher is to teach students to continue following their dreams and that anything is possible as long as you try hard. I’m here for every student in Karakura and I will help anyone get through anything. No matter what issue, I want to be the teacher who loves giving out advice to students. I want students to feel at home when they are in my class.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:

Yes I have had experience in gang role playing, romance role playing, as well as being a news reporter. Although I have never been a teacher myself, I have observed many teachers in class to see what kind of characteristics a great teacher makes. I am also a quick learner so I will be glad to learn any new rules or updates on guidelines for teachers.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?:

Yes I have read the faculty handbook completely and have understood which actions are accepted, as well as the type of behaviors that are unacceptable.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:

From classroom logs, I understand that during a class you must take a photo / screenshot of the ongoing class to provide evidence of the class you completed. The time should be on the bottom of the screen as an indication of when the class was held. This photo must be then uploaded in the Karakura Academics Discord. It is very important to log classes with evidence.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:

I believe that when wanting to start a field trip, I must firstly think about whether it is necessary or not. I must ask myself whether I am putting students at risk of any danger. I would never plan a field trip which could possibly harm any students.

I would only plan a field trip for educational purposes, not because students are begging the teacher for one. A field trip must be planned ahead of time, not planned on the day or during the class. Typically speaking, I would start planning for a field trip a couple of days before the destined departure date, then plan out carefully with detail of what I would like to do with students with a format of the time and schedule. I would create this all in one document with my signature. I would then show this to the HD (Head of Department) as well as any school staff with higher authority. They will then make their decision. If the field trip idea is declined, teachers should never go ahead and go along with the trip. This puts students in severe danger as no other school staff knows where they are due to the field trip not being official.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

There are a few rules which a teacher should enforce in their classes.

Firstly, everyone must be treated with respect, equally. There shall be no favoritism shown by the teacher, whether or not they are friends with another player icly or oocly.

Students shall not talk while the teacher is addressing students with information. During class, students should understand that their main purpose for being there is to learn. If students are talking, the teacher should simply ask kindly for them to pay attention.

Students and teachers should not eat in the classroom. This is as simple as it seems. Food can be distracting at times, but this must be left for break time as well as lunchtime or before / after school.

Phones should not be used during classes. Students as well as teachers shall not use phones as a distraction during class.

If students are misbehaving, the teacher has the right to warn them a couple of times. However after many warnings the teacher has the right to kick the student out of class and ask them to come down to detention.

Another important factor is foul language shall not be used. Everyone should speak in a kind manner to everyone, especially the teacher who should always use formal / professional language towards every student with respect.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

I have been playing SchoolRP for a while now, and I have experienced all sort of situations varying from romance, to combat, to gangrp, and most recently, being a News Reporter.

However oocly, I am also into drama which is why I love SchoolRP. I have been in multiple plays and I can link and make a connection between acting and role playing. You act as different characters in both instances and get to experience a whole new experience as a different person which is amazing.

On games, I have come across many creative servers which host role playing events as well as different servers that allow you to role play as witches as humans and other creatures. However I must say, SchoolRP is the best role playing server I have come across and is my favorite which is why I want to spend my time further learning more about role playing even more!

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: HD stands for Head of Department. This is the highest rank you may obtain from being a teacher. This rank truly determines how worthy you are of being a teacher and is given to those who can handle it. It is an amazing role given to amazing teachers!

- QTLS: QTLS stands for Qualified Teacher and Learning Skills. Being the second highest role, you are able to obtain this after showing your skills and that you are worthy of being a qualified teacher. You engage in classes well, have a great reputation, as well as host interesting classes which students love. I believe the HD role is very important, but every role is important with their own intent as teachers work very hard everyday to come to work and teach.

- NQT: NQT stands for Newly Qualified Teacher. This role is given to new teachers, much like explained in the name. NQT teachers are not fully prepared and know everything yet, however I see this as an open opportunity to learn more from other school staff and students as well with feedback and what you learn from hosting classes. Everyone needs to start from somewhere.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

I believe that in-game as well as out-of-game, a teachers purpose is to let students learn with an open mind. I believe that a teacher’s purpose is to be there for students. I believe that teachers should use their spare time to plan for their next classes, as well as spend time reflecting upon that current day / what they could have done better during those hours of teaching. Because Teachers are looked upon as role models, they should present mature manners for students to follow. Icly, in public, although out of the teaching environment, they should not be doing anything illegal in front of students or in general. Especially because students can be found all around Karakura after schools and on weekends, teachers should still be presenting positive behavior around them, in school as well as outside.

Oocly, teachers have their own lives to attend. They may do anything really because they have their own families and friends outside of school.

However karakura is a community in a small area which is why teachers must be on their best behavior to create an even better community. Especially because players of SRP take their time in school and they view teachers with higher authority, they should also present great manners to players by being respectful in oocly chat aswell, fixing new players mistakes by teaching them rather than being strict and rude.

A few values teachers should present in-game as well as out-of-game:

Great relationships with students:
Teachers should develop healthy and trusting relationships with students to create a positive learning environment. An classroom is much easier to learn in when everyone trusts the teacher / is not scared of them.

Patience:
Teachers should be patient with students to help them learn better. Students should feel free to ask questions whenever they want without any negative comments about them. No question is too “stupid” or “irrelevant” to ask. If a student is curious and wants to learn, they should have the opportunity to freely ask.

Dedication:
Teachers should be dedicated and committed to teach and learn with their students. An un dedicated teacher leads to no where and students become unmotivated when the teacher is not positive about their own class. A dedicated, positive and healthy teacher will be a great role model for students to follow when in the learning environment.

I believe that if I become a teacher on SRP, I will occasionally ask students for feedback after lessons to see what they would like to do next class, or whether they have some comments based on the class they finished already. This way I will be able to improve as a teacher. I believe teachers should do this icly as well as oocly to help improve in their learning skills and communication skills.

In Japan, a typical Japanese teacher receives 200,000 and 600,000 yen per month.

However icly, the salary teachers receive are based off of the rank / role they have. However I heard from a few teachers that they get paid 250,000 yen a year.

I am not fully sure how much they get paid however I am applying to be a teacher more for the role/ to create a better SchoolRP community, rather than for the money.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are very important for the SchoolRP server. School is one of the main events that happen in SchoolRp, throughout the icly week from Monday all the way to Tuesday. I believe that Teachers help create a better SchoolRp community as classes brings players together, to get to know new people, learn, as well as have an amazing time.

When I am online, I often see students complain in OOC that there are no classes or there are many teachers offline. I believe having teachers online on SRP is very important due to the idea that student players are intended to stay on school grounds during school hours. However I have observed and realized that it is very important for teachers to be online so that players have something to do during school rather than stand around close to the school gates waiting for school to end, which seems to be an occasional issue.

As well as being important, hosting creative and fun classes encourage students to have fun with one another and start actually hoping for school to start rather than end.

If I am given the opportunity to be a teacher on SRP, I will mainly focus on helping out the students have an amazing time in class which will help them look forward to school. I will do my best to help new players and teach them the basic rules if they ask, so that new students are not as clueless as they seem in school when they are new to the server.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The school follows the MoSCoW method which stands for “Must have, Should have, Could have”.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Luciana has black long hair with bangs with light blue eyes. She stands with a straight posture and would have the scent of daisies. When speaking, she’d have a soothing calm voice with a slight Costa Rican Accent. Luciana is a sweet person who loves to make new friends and help others out. Luciana is very patient with those around her, which makes her great when handling students who are misbehaving in class. She has been currently studying children’s education and would love more than anything to become an Art teacher.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would observe the situation and approach the gang of delinquents. I would calmly tell them to stop their inappropriate behavior, as foul language should not be accepted on school grounds. If they do not follow my warning, I will involve staff with higher authority to step in. If they run away without listening, I will report the incident and describe the students which were involved.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I would patiently ask the students to sit down and kindly pay their attention ahead to the teacher. If they do not listen, I would kindly warn them until it gets to the point where I would need to kick them from the class and ask them to come down to detention after class. I believe if one person is kicked the other students will realize they need to listen to the teacher.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
When in the teacher’s lounge, Luciana is very talkative with other teachers. She would never bother anyone if they are focusing on something, however she always holds a smile on her face and acts in a professional manner around other teachers as well. She is always up to talk about teaching tips and making new friends.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me would smile and nod in agreement with the student

/me would shake her head and smile in amazement at the students drawing

/me would kindly ask the student to stop using their phone

/me would scribble an example into her sketch pad quickly showing the class

/me would smile and nod at the student raising her hand

Backstory
Luciana Alvaro originated from Costa Rica and Spain. Her mother is Spanish, and her father is Costa Rican. She grew up in San Jose, Costa Rica, where she attended a public school until she was 14, which would make her fluent in Spanish. She fled to Karakura with her mother and siblings, fleeing from her abusive father who would take part in gang-related activities. She hoped to have a fresh new start with her siblings and mother in Karakura. To help cope with Luciana’s emotions, she always created paintings based on her feelings. However in school she was always told that she was a horrible artist. This did not stop Luciana from continuing to paint and draw.

Once in Karakura, she realised everything was much different in Japan than where she grew up. Learning Japanese and studying hard before she attended her 12th grade in Karakura, she changed both physically and mentally as she learned how to work harder and study more. She realised life would not always bring easy choices to the table, such as her abusive Father and the heartbreaking choice of leaving her childhood country behind.

This helped her focus more on trying harder in school as well as life in general. Since studying harder in Karakura, she got into her dream institution / college that Karakura offers.

Luciana always had the dream of becoming either a teacher in drama or art, or a News Reporter, however where she grew up during her childhood limited her dreams and goals as this was impossible for her to do.

Once coming to Karakura and working harder while putting all of her effort into her studies, her options opened up more and she became aware of the opportunity to become a Karakura teacher. Up till now, Luciana Alvaro has been studying as hard as she can in Japanese to become fluent. (She succeeded this goal and was accepted into her dream institution and can now easily speak Japanese however with a bit of a Costa Rican accent touch to it!) Now she has the opportunity to apply to become an art teacher!

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Luciana Alvaro

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss Luciana

Given Name(s): Luciana Alvaro

Preferred Name: Luciana, Miss Luciana

Religious Denomination: Still searching

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Spanish and Costa Rican

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 3 years

Working Experience (# of years): 4 years

Academic Degree: Fine arts BFA in Art Education

Year of Graduation: 2011

Major(s): Art education, Fine arts

Minors: Art history

Native Languages: Spanish

Other Languages:
Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Art

Extra
Additional notes about your application (if any):

I am currently a News Reporter, I would like to resign from this spot, Thank you!
Thank you very much for reading my application, and I look forward to hearing from you!
Do you have any questions?: Not at the moment.

Mistalee

Level 104
APPROVED
- Wonderful application, good job! Congratulations, you're now hereby qualified to become an Art-Teacher. To further your career as an employee at Karakura High, please take the liberty to join the following Discord Server. [CLICK HERE].

- Once done, please do contact me via Discord for a thorough run-down on your new-found occupation, you'll learn all you need to know there. My Tag is; Knot#6368

Users who are viewing this thread