mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Haru's English Teacher Application!

Jay.

Level 12
jayharu
jayharu
Fundraiser+
What is your Minecraft username?:
jayharu

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
jayharu#8211

Do you have a microphone?:
Yep.

How old are you? (Optional):
N/A

What is your time zone?:
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Fully acknowledged.

Describe your activity on the server:
As of recently, I have just been getting back into the server but since then, I have spent more than 6+ hours on in the weekdays.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
N/A

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Grade-9 (Grade 11 now as of this edit)

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I would like to teach English Arts

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
The SRP society is very welcoming, and I enjoy the concept of assisting new students and members in the same way that others have assisted me. I also see teachers at SRP giving engaging assignments, activities, quizzes, and much more, and I'd like to give it a shot and give other students a great time. I've always wanted to be a teacher, and I believe that working in the server will be a good stepping stone in my line of work. This also allows me to demonstrate my role-playing abilities whilst also making the server experience quite immersive. This job also provides students who are struggling in school with some tutoring whilst playing their favorite game.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Understood. Will take any training necessary to better myself and my role as a teacher.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
To my understanding, Teacher Class Logs are what keep track of a teacher's activity throughout the month: they become very important due to the need for evidence for validating the classes that were hosted and keeping track of quota.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Rule No.1: Harassment & Bullying is strictly prohibited.
- Harassment, bullying, as well as other forms of abuse will not be tolerated in class or while on school grounds.

Rule No.2: Respect
- You must be respectful to faculty as well as other students on school grounds.

Rule No.3: Usage of Phones in the Classroom
- It is strictly forbidden to use your phone in class; it is to be turned off or set to silent.

Rule No.4: Illegal Items
- Illegal goods such as cigarettes or alcohol are not permitted on school grounds or in classrooms. If a student is caught with these items, they will be seized and further, disposed.

Rule No.5: "Class Clown"
- I highly discourage disrupting the class or the teacher. If the said student overly disrupts the class, it will be a trip straight to detention.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I used to roleplay as a teacher in a roblox highschool once, and it was an extremely enjoyable experience for me, and I whenever I roleplayed within the class, it used to be a fun experience for the students and I. Not only that, but I used to roleplay with my friends from early 2017 until now, trying out different fantasy minecraft servers and watching other minecraft youtubers do roleplay series. Roleplaying, in my opinion, feels like a world apart from reality. It allows you to make your version of reality real while still experiencing the sensation of reality. Servers like SRP immerse you in roleplay with their large towns and school buildings, allowing me to have a fun and thrilling experience. So i'd like to think I have an adequate amount of roleplay experience.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: This is the official teacher in charge of one subject. The Head of Department manages their subject area by distributing activities, organizing events, making decisions and giving orders, establishing processes, establishing criteria and rules and such.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: This means possessing an academic qualification as well as a satisfactory pedagogical level. A qualified teacher is recognized when you have strong communication skills with pupils, knowing the requirements needed to become a QT, and a lot of intellectual stimulation.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: NQTs are teachers that have passed the classifications needed of becoming a teacher and have showcased their abilities to the fullest degree. They can host their own classes without needing to be overseen by a QT or HD. NQTs don’t have a set time before being considered a QT and are expected to prove themselves able to handle the classroom environment independently.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: UTs are newly recruited teachers who must still go through the training period in order to better grasp their position as a teacher and pass their training. They may also need the help of a QT or HD

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers must be respect both IC and OOC. They must set a proper example for students on campus and off campus if the situation arises. They must abide by guidelines and conduct themselves in a manner which is both formal but unintimidating. They receive an additional 50,000 yen after fulfilling an additional five lessons, with a base allowance of 350,000 yen after finishing ten full classes. Teachers frequently have more limits, although they still need to know their limit as well. In their spare time, oversee detentions, socialize in the break room, converse with pupils, and do other things. Most importantly, they must teach their classes to the best of their ability and engage students.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers give SRP server members the power of education, providing them the chance to improve their lifestyle. Teachers help students understand abstract concepts by simplifying the complicated. Teachers also expose students to concepts and topics that they may have not explored otherwise.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The 'MoSCoW' lesson planning system is used at the school. Must have, Should have, Could have, Would have or Will not have

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Jay is a quiet man who wants to be a decent samaritan and help those in need. He is a 5'4 man that weighs roughly 149 pounds. He always kept himself in shape by going to the gym once a week. On a rainy or snowy day, he usually wears sweaters and long jackets and his hair is silky and jet black. He always walks throughout the school with a "spring in his step" and a welcoming smile on his face as he walks by pupils and other members of faculty. Whenever a student cracked a joke in the hallways or before class, he'd laugh and offer something amusing to accompany it.
He was always regarded as a pleasant, loving individual who offers delight to everybody with whom he conversed or joked. He also treats everyone with respect, as his parents used to say, "Treat others as you would like to be treated!" His favorite color is also Jade Green! (A picture of him is included below.)

1670612147342.png

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Jay would approach the students in a stern but calm manner, almost seeming as if he went sadistic. He'd remind them of the school guidelines, politely ask them "Settle down please!". If they refuse to listen, he'll again tell them in a sterner and more angry tone. "Keep talking in this manner, and it'll be a trip to the dean." he'd most likely administer them detention or a visit to the dean or principal's office.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Jay would quietly assess the situation, thinking to himself the best way to quiet the class down. He'd tell the class in a calm, gentle manner to "Please quiet down!". If that doesn't work, he'd sternly say "Please quiet down!" once more. If all else fails, he'd start calling on the names who are disrupting the class and let them answer a few quiz-like questions as a little punishment.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Jay would quietly enter and make some coffee, snack on a cracker and review his exam papers or homework done by his students. He'd most likely be sitting by himself but he'll always start a conversation when the time arises.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
"jayharu" would waltz into class in a jolly manner, as he gently places his textbooks down on his desk before opening his folders, quietly reading to himself in a soft manner, the lesson plan for the day. He'd open his pencil-case and pull out a range of colorful, vibrant chalkboard markers. He'd pick up one as he arises from his seat to introduce himself to the class. "Ello, good morning class, how is everyone doing this fine day?". He then gets a range of emphatic answers from the pupils standing infront of him. A subtle smile grows from his face, cheek to cheek, being glad to have such an interactive class.

/me "jayharu" while teaching, in the middle of his sentence "Okay so now we are going to-" ,hears a group of pupils, chattering away at the back of his class. He then slowly turns around, and politely asking the students "Please students, quiet down while I'm teaching." in a soft but stern manner, he then turns back around to face the chalkboard standing in front of him. He then goes back to repeating his lecture and writing his note on the board once more.

/me "jayharu" then proceeded to say "Have a good day class!" as the students tucked in their chairs and picked up their belonging as they walked out of the room. He'd then sigh in a feeling of relief knowing that he had a quite fun but tiring class. He then strolled towards the teacher's desk and as he once did, gently hoisted his belongings and made his way towards the classroom door. He shut it behind him and locked it with a "Click!" at the lock. He sauntered away with a pep in his step knowing his class was well.

/me "jayharu" silently, took up the examination papers from his desk then steadily placed each paper, on each student's desk one by one. As he rests down the last paper to one of the students, he wandered towards his desk and yelled out to the class: "You may now begin." as he observed the class flip over their exam booklets, then proceeded to write nimbly. He modestly took a seat and overviewed the quiz that was taking place. He then promptly grabbed his coffee cup beside him and took a brisk sip of some temperate coffee.

Backstory
Jay Christopher Douglas, or Jay, hails from a wealthy family from Tribeca, New York. He was a typical rich kid. Smart, getting A+ grades, well known by his classmates and so many more that I could list. He was always the kid who his classmates went to for help with homework or upcoming exams. He even got a girlfriend not too long into his highschool life. Everything was going so well it seems to people on the outside, but on the inside he was hurting. Every night when he came home from school, his parents would always be arguing and squabbling amongst themselves. All Jay wanted was to see his parents happy and proud, and the only way he could do that is by bringing home good grades. It'll be the only time he'd see them both smile and the world feels still for a while. Jay always looks at his parents as nice people but they failed to realize, buying him luxury items isn't true family bonding and love.

Eventually the fighting would get worse and worse until cried himself to sleep every night, just to wake up the next day and go to school. This took an immense toll on his mental health until he started to drop in grades. When Jay would come home with C's and F's on his tests, his father would always want to beat him. He was therefore frightened to come home, thinking he'd get a bruise on his face one of these days.

The day came when his parents were fighting once more, but this time when he came home with a 'C' on his exam paper, his father lost it. Jay's father swung a belt at him but his mother charged in and took the hit for Jay. Jay finally realized that this was enough and a few weeks later, they were filing for divorce. All of his luxury items, such as his home, watches, as well as shoes, were slowly disappearing from his life seeing as he couldn't afford to replace them. Unsurprisingly, all of Jay's "friends" left him. All he had was his mother and his friends from Japan. Jay's mother saw the detriment in Jay's eyes, the dark circles under his eyelids. She knew that she had to make a decision, and that was.
Jay was moving to Japan. His mother knew he had family and friends there, friends who wanted to be with him for him.

It was a whole new frontier for him when he arrived. New school, new classmates, new house. Everything changed.
As the years passed, and Jay grew, he'd slowly become as good as he once was when he was younger. He graduated with his Bachelor's degree and his best mates by his side. Now he's going against the world with passion in his eyes, and determination in each step he takes.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Jay Douglas
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr. Douglas
Given Name(s): Jay
Preferred Name: Jay

Age (Minimum is 27): 28
Religious Denomination: Christian (Methodist)
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Asian-American
Current Location: Karakura Town

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:
Bachelor's Degree
Year of Graduation: 2008
Major(s): English, Social Sciences
Minors: Business

Native Languages: English, French
Other Languages: Korean, Japanese, Mandarin

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
N/A
Extra

Additional notes about your application:
N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for applying for Teacher!

- You'll be contacted via Discord about this role, apologies for the delay in response.​

Users who are viewing this thread