HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
IGN: HATOLA
DATE: 21/1/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I want cannibalism to be against the rules in SRP.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Firstly, most of the time when people do this horrible thing it involves gore which is already against the rules but people don't understand. Second, I believe that it involves also a sensitive topic and it doesn't nice to see it or RP it out, in addition when cases that somehow involves this topic are coming to the EMS I know it's not nice for the surgeons and the EMS workers in general to see that and the way you need to help in case the person decided to hurt another person. In general, I believe that due to the reason the server is family-friendly and supposed to make the players feel okay and comfortable, this topic doesn't have to exist.

xiiineso

Level 2
+1
I don't know why people even try to roleplay cannibalism besides being edge lords. Plus I think the neighbor in my apartment block ate people so.... It's surprisingly more common than you'd think

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
massive valid -1

Killing people is also wrong, but there's a way to roleplay it respectively and not be too gorey (in which our anti-gore rule exists, a rule in which really is a great great thing.) Now I think about it, I don't particularly like smoking! In fact it triggers me. Let's ban cigarettes, oh no somebody had a car accident ICly? That triggered me, now lets ban cars from existing.

Some things that have been banned such as committing suicide / sh MAKE SENSE. Others things like Cannibalism or torturing do not.

The crimes that are not allowed on SRP that I will not be name-dropping are banned because of their explicitness (usually of sexual nature, gross.) or because they could be triggering. I don't know about you but I don't think that is the same case when it comes to cannibalism, something so rare that it's almost fictional itself in real life.

Personally, my family used to be known for cannibalism, but I myself think it is somewhat cringe in present day and my characters have never practiced it for that reason, despite that I think we need to protect our standards for what's okay and what isn't. (Remember when we couldn't swear in OOC? Yeah attempting to be family friendly can be bad too.

There's a tipping scale for this type of thing and I think starting with cannibalism is just the first step in a long line of mistakes. Soon we'll be banning torture or beatings because it's scary. It's just a no from me. To the people in 2022 who still do cannibalism, you go girl.

Last edited:

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

As much as I'm all for banning really sensitive topics on the server, there is a fine line between properly restrictive and too restrictive. I don't see cannibalism making anyone uncomfortable, and if it is that most likely falls under the anti-gore rule. Remember, YOU as a player have the responsibility to report extensive gore or any rule that's been broken.

It may seem edgy, or even completely unnecessary, but cannibalism can be one of the defining features of someone's character. If written correctly, it can be an incredibly interesting concept to write your character on, especially if you can make it fit into the lore. I know this post was littered with bad grammar but it's late, I cba.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
It's not that deep, just report it if you happen to see people being way too gorey, a ban is just kind of exaggerate.

SkyFantasyWorld

Level 76
SkyFantasyWorld
SkyFantasyWorld
Omega
Neutral

For one, though I do agree there should be at least some restrictions on it, like RPing it out too much to the point of it just being graphic then that's where you could get ban, there are some points Toto and Kana dropped that I agree with and disagree with the suggestion hence my neutral stance in this.

Cannibalism has been around SRP even before I joined, some characters has integrated being a cannibal into their story but in the present time has quit. It gives the characters a more interesting backstory, I think it shouldn't be completely banned, though perhaps actioning it should be against the rules but still allow people to add it into their story without it being too gorey.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
Hmm, Kana, I made this BECAUSE OF the reason it makes people feel uncomfortable.
How often is cannibalism happening? Like I’ve only heard of a certain family into that and that was like over a year ago but I never seen it happen. Does it happen a lot lately?
Cannibalism = survival of the fittest (joking obviously)

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
How often is cannibalism happening? Like I’ve only heard of a certain family into that and that was like over a year ago but I never seen it happen. Does it happen a lot lately?
Sadly I had a case with that like, few days ago ):

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
massive valid -1

Killing people is also wrong, but there's a way to roleplay it respectively and not be too gorey (in which our anti-gore rule exists, a rule in which really is a great great thing.) Now I think about it, I don't particularly like smoking! In fact it triggers me. Let's ban cigarettes, oh no somebody had a car accident ICly? That triggered me, now lets ban cars from existing.

Some things that have been banned such as committing suicide / sh MAKE SENSE. Others things like Cannibalism or torturing do not.

The crimes that are not allowed on SRP that I will not be name-dropping are banned because of their explicitness (usually of sexual nature, gross.) or because they could be triggering. I don't know about you but I don't think that is the same case when it comes to cannibalism, something so rare that it's almost fictional itself in real life.

Personally, my family used to be known for cannibalism, but I myself think it is somewhat cringe in present day and my characters have never practiced it for that reason, despite that I think we need to protect our standards for what's okay and what isn't. (Remember when we couldn't swear in OOC? Yeah attempting to be family friendly can be bad too.

There's a tipping scale for this type of thing and I think starting with cannibalism is just the first step in a long line of mistakes. Soon we'll be banning torture or beatings because it's scary. It's just a no from me. To the people in 2022 who still do cannibalism, you go girl.
-1 i agree with sam and am too tired to type

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Hmm, Kana, I made this BECAUSE OF the reason it makes people feel uncomfortable.
your able to abstain from it (easiest way to avoid that), or if you see it being too gorey, report it (that's what the report feature exists for)

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
Okay toto I finally have time to respond

Killing people is also wrong, but there's a way to roleplay it respectively and not be too gorey
In this topic, there's no way to make it not be so gorey.

oh no somebody had a car accident ICly?
90% from the times this thing get voided

That triggered me, now lets ban cars from existing.
There's a difference between car accident and eating people.

I know it's rare but sadly I had a case this week with this topic.

Suicide most of the time won't be so gore, people refuse to RP it out. .for obvious reason. torturing and Cannibalism isn't the same, it's gross to see people eating people.

I myself think it is somewhat cringe in present day and my characters have never practiced it for that reason
Even you didn't rp it out for an obvious reason.

Soon we'll be banning torture or beatings because it's scary
It depends on how much it will be gore, but again it's diffferent.

YOU as a player have the responsibility to report extensive gore or any rule that's been broken.
How can I know what counts as gore? if I see someone eating someone's skin(trigger warning) and I'm going to a staff member with that, first of all, why would a staff member want to see that? and if they will say it's okay bc Cannibalism isn't against the rules?

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Okay toto I finally have time to respond

In this topic, there's no way to make it not be so gorey.

90% from the times this thing get voided

There's a difference between car accident and eating people.

I know it's rare but sadly I had a case this week with this topic.

Suicide most of the time won't be so gore, people refuse to RP it out. .for obvious reason. torturing and Cannibalism isn't the same, it's gross to see people eating people.

Even you didn't rp it out for an obvious reason.

It depends on how much it will be gore, but again it's diffferent.

How can I know what counts as gore? if I see someone eating someone's skin(trigger warning) and I'm going to a staff member with that, first of all, why would a staff member want to see that? and if they will say it's okay bc Cannibalism isn't against the rules?
again, if it is too heavy on gore you are more then entitled to report it. I abstain from cannibalism (Also I play every day and have not seen any cannibalism since 2019.) for personal reasons but am still very much in favour of it being allowed.

If something troubles you but isn't gore heavy you do have the option to log off or remove yourself from the roleplay (nobody is really keeping you there)

Users who are viewing this thread