Out-Of-Character (OOC) Information
IGN:
heiran_ (Main is KoalaRP)​
DISCORD TAG:
Koala#1590​
PREVIOUS BANS:
I have never been banned on ether accounts.​
DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:
I do, however I do have some issues which I'll address to you in dms if accepted!​
POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:
I am applying for Shrine Maiden / Miko.​
DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
My activity is increasing as I get more time, due to being a college student, I have to be careful with my timetable. However, usually this doesn’t affect my playtime. I am applying on my alternative account which the playtime is to be expected to be rather low. But I can promise you that won't be the case. But my activity overall is rather active within the server.​
WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION?
Personally I don't know that much information about the religion, but I am super willing to learn more! I'm very interested in this religion and want to expand my knowledge.
However, i do know a few aspects of religion. But I don't think I know enough. So again, I'm super willing to learn more about the shrine. I usually go up there when I see a maiden/priest online to find out more information whenever I can. The shrine has to be one of my favourite factions within the server.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I'm a very focused and serious person when it comes to a certain aspect, for example the shrine. I will put most of my time and effort into helping people. I think I should be accepted over other applicants because I'm highly motivated and ready to support people. I also know how to detailrp from basic cleaning to teaching people how to pray.

On top of that, my detailrp is slowly increasing as I spend more time at the shrine. I’ve always loved the aspect of the shrine and it would be a complete honour being able to join that fraction and work with people around it. The Shrine is one of the most fascinating places on SRP in my opinion too, the detail of roleplay that goes into it is just amazing and being able to have that chance on joining is beyond the unthinkable.
FULL NAME:
Ulyana Medwedev​
WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:
35​
WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
As a little girl, I was always turning to Kami for guidance since my accident with my parents. They passed away and I had no one to guide me. Worshipping Kami helped me and I've always had that strong bond with her, at least I hope I do. Applying for this job gives me the chance to expand my knowledge as well as increase my relationship with Kami, it would also be an honour to be able to work at the Monastery, being able to complete daily tasks to keep the place clean and ready for new-comers.​
TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
The history of the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery (Shrine) is that it was built in the 8th century, 8th June 744. It was merely used to baptise children. However, more along the timeline the Shrine was set on fire, Most of the building was damaged and couldn’t be re-fixed to its original state so they rebuilt it and used it to allow people from all religions to come and do prayers.​
(This is as much as i know so far, I apologise if it's not much)​
TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
Born to two Russian aristocrats, Ulyana was the precious gem her parents pampered with their wealth. Born and raised in the Russian city, Vladivostok, she had a fairly happy childhood that was better than most people in her life. She was called the ‘Little Princess’ by others due to how spoiled she was. However, on one very life-changing day, Ulyana had lost both her parents to a car accident. She didn’t only lose her parents, but the shock had hit her hard to the point she lost the ability to speak. The news of the death of her parents spread like wildfire and reached a certain Japanese man. In the depths of the night, Ulyana was abducted from her bedroom and the man took her to Japan, attempting to raise her as his daughter. Haito Kastaoi was his name and had taken care of her. Ulyana believed this man was a friend of her parents, or that is what he told her at least. The true reason behind the abduction of Ulyana by Haito was due to his hunger for her wealth. He’d tell her when she’d grow up to give him all her assets as he’ll take care of them. That was the original plan. But a change of circumstances occurred and Haito, being a convict of other crimes, was murdered by debt collectors. In Japan, stranded and alone, Ulyana had no hope and nowhere to go. This is when she discovered Kami, the Shinto god. Ulyana had sought refuge in a Shinto shrine and there, she learned all about the Shinto religion and how peaceful and fair it was. A suffering year in her life, she found the hope she was long seeking for. It was right in her hands. The maidens of the shrine took her in, teaching her and lecturing her. Educating herself even further with the religion, the head maiden in the shrine had made her a maiden, believing she has the ability to be one. For many years, she continued her maiden. A Shinto shrine in Karakura had requested more maidens as they had a shortage of staff there. Ulyana, ready to move onto the next chapter of her life, decided to take the offer, moving to Karakura to become a maiden of its Shinto shrine.​
LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Dear Monastery Lead,​
-
I sincerely hope you take me into consideration. I’ve always had a strong connection with Kami since I was a little girl, upon my arrival to the srhine on my first encounter, I felt a strong connection, it was my only escape from my 'adoptive' family at the time seeing as my parents had passed away, thanks to Kami i felt free and rather relived so I continue to grow my connection with Kami daily while I can, Accepting me would be a great honour. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kindest Regards,
-
Ulyana Medwedev
Knowledge Section
What are the steps before entering the Shrine?
Just before you enter the main Shrine, you are required to do a hand cleanse. Then as you enter you'll see steps up to the main Shrine, you'd bow before the pillar above you, walking to your left as a way of showing respect and then you've been given permission to enter the shrine.​
How are rituals to a Kami performed?
The one I know of is you place an offering of 100 Yen into the box, before ringing the bell and afterwards you bow before clapping your hands twice. Out loud or in your head saying your prayer then bowing once more to allow it to be heard, However this is only ONE of the many methods to perform a ritual to a Kami.​
What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
Shinto Priest ;​
The job of a Shinto Priest is officate shrine ceremonies on request of worshippers. Their job is also to ensure the peaceful relationship between the worshipper and Kami.​
Maiden ;​
The job of a Maiden is usually to be trained to perform certain tasks. For example they are trained to do the sacred Kagura dance, perform rituals and complete sacred cleansing.​
Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:
First of all I would welcome them to the Shrine. Then I would proceed to explain the requirements of the rite of passage to occur. Informing them that they can bring the child back, 31 days for a boy and 33 for a girl. Upon the return I'd bless/wish them a life full of happiness and a very healthy life.​
Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:
I would begin to explain to them the lower basics of the shrine, including the historical aspects and how the Shrine is to be treated. E.g the respect side of things, reminding them it's always important to remain respectful on the shrine grounds. I would also tell them anything else they wanted to know about the Shrine, including how to pray!​
(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?​
N/A​

Last edited:

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
ACCEPTED

Welcome to the Monastery! If you haven't already, go ahead and join the discord.

- Once in the discord, ping the monastery lead for your roles in the #help channel
- Next time you are online, you can ask in /help for the Maiden role (make sure to include your age) ; if no staff are able to assist fill out a form here for staff to get back to you

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Users who are viewing this thread