HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
Out-Of-Character Information
What is your Minecraft username?:
HighlightedTwin

How old are you?:

Do you have any previous bans?:
A ban for ERP which I appealed and one on my alt account for misuse of /me.

What Country are you from?:
United States

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):
HighlightedTwin#8826

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I'm mainly active during weekends or whenever I'm not in school. I usually check forums to look at anything I find interesting mainly through everyone's suggestions/feedback. On Weekdays I guess I'm active most of the time unless something has come up or not feeling it that day if I'm feeling ill or tired. My schedule? Oh yes, I play Minecraft on the weekend 15/2: 15 hours, 2 days, Sunday & Saturday.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
I reached my year mark not too long ago, going onto 2 years in August! I'm definitely an experienced player in most aspects of the server.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
Main:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/science-teacher-application.20127/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-application.20169/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/highlightedtwin-staff-application.20806/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/reapply-science-teacher-app.22163/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/teacher-application.26741/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/subject-change-teacher-app.29909/ - Accepted

Alts:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/yumyips-shop-application.20917/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/yumyip’s-french-app.21160/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-language-app.27068/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/service-dog-application.27131/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-application.27686/ - Accepted

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
Adult - 27

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:
Back then, I was afraid of being a professor simply due to the fact that I know my character doesn't really act her age plus with being too serious. Instead, I became a teacher multiple times, dealing with the students and the chaoticness of the newer ones. Compared to when I first was a teacher up until recently, the way I work has indeed changed and therefore I believe I'm ready to face college students! I've started thinking about it for a while now and I still do love to teach even though I resigned.

Motivation? The idea of trying something new! Especially with the subject I'm applying for. I want to really simulate my abilities of what I learned so far from being a teacher and try to apply it with being a professor. There are a few things that are different with the college system that I want to try out myself! Some of my friends who were initially my older students who moved up to college pretty much misses my teaching and suggested that I should be one. In other words, I can never stop being some kind of teacher for a long time as it's one of my dream occupations that I had in mind! This gives me the opportunity to see what I can really do!

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
Yes. I roleplay on the server and outside of the server. I've roleplayed as a teacher before so I pretty much know how most things run.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
The class logs are used by the professor/teacher in order to prove they have taught in class and to check for the person's activity, lesson plans, etc. This is important as this is proof of your activity in order to earn your proper payment!

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Since these are college students we are talking about, I expect the majority of them to be mature and disciplined enough to use common sense in the classroom. With this in mind, I only have three rules:

1. I talk on my time, you talk on your time. - This means when I'm teaching, it should be silent yet a focused environment in the classroom. Whereas when I'm not teaching, you may discuss among your peers.

2. Excuse yourself to speak. - Pretty simple. We aren't really children anymore, you may simply say excuse me. We don't raise our hands to interrupt a conversation in public.

3. Do not hesitate to talk to me about a situation that happens. - If a student needs a trusting adult to talk to about any situation, I would like my students to know that I am there and that they should not have to think twice about discussing, especially if it's about another student breaking the rules.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
The majority of my roleplay experiences were good and especially fun when I have friends there. It can be frustrating if certain things don't go the way you expect to be and that's when I have to take a small moment to recollect myself and think over the matter. But overall I like roleplaying. It's fun!

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?
College-Professors plan their lessons for the day and ahead of time, yes future lessons. They take the time to teach their students, making sure they're well behaved and focused on what the professor is demonstrating. They also have the task to deal with any student causing trouble or simply breaking rules to eventually discipline them accordingly. In a real case scenario, College-Professors may have little to no tolerance and expect them to be mature, therefore may kick out a student who only takes up oxygen. However, it is my own personal goal to make sure every student is as active as can be within the classroom. They spot the good ones and reward them properly, using them as an example to other students of what they should strive to be! From a real-life standpoint, after doing a bit of research, a college professor's salary varies depending on their position, skills, location/school, etc... It seems as though the pay may range from around 70k to nearly around 150k! Then obviously the pay for College Professor within SRP is 450k for 15 classes with an extra bonus of 50k per every 10 extra classes.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?
Iris R. Cortez (Iris Rososora Cortez) is a young lady who's either bald one day or rocking a wig another day! She has green eyes, usually wears glasses because it fits her aesthetic, not because she's blind! She has an interesting personality as she's an unusual character, especially outside of school while maintaining proper composure inside the school. She usually wears her iconic green jacket with her black high heel boots! However, I may change her style a bit!

Her personality is quite interesting to some and may be seen as weird. A quirky little woman, yes, little woman. As blunt as she can be, she is outgoing, a very open-minded person. She can be harsh if deem necessary. Of course not harsh as in cruel or plain mean but in a disciplined, loving way towards the people she cares about!

With her students, I guess you could say she would treat them as adults in this case sometimes giving her students a shoulder to lean on. While she was a teacher, even though she disciplined students, putting them in detention, there were some she found to be very disruptive and wanted to have a chat with them. In other words, she somewhat sees herself as their “counselor” or mother figure. She hopes to see her students succeed in life just like her own kids. She views her co-workers as either a friend or simply... coworkers she can rely on when needed and vice versa! Any troubles, concerns, or questions she may have, they are the first she may go to!

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
I would ask what is the issue. This situation can play out in multiple ways and it has happened before though I will take it from a standpoint where they are just doing it to solely disrupt the environment. So after I hear what they have to say, I will remind them of where they are and WHO they are, as to say they are adults at this point, they should act like it. The world of Karakura does not casually let a person yell at them without some kind of fight starting- therefore be punished if they do not listen to my warnings, sending them to detention and logging what happened. If a college student, especially one on a team, has time to yell and scream as if they don't have common sense, then they should reconsider their position and future.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
There are many ways this can go and it really varies on the student. One of my options is to try to pull the student to the side and have a quick chat with them before returning to the lesson. The only reason why a student wants to disturb the class is that they lack the attention they desire or something is going on outside of school. Another option is to quite actually kick them out, allowing them to step out of class so I can go back to the students who are actually there to learn. If push comes to shove where they simply won't leave my classroom and/or constantly being disruptive near/inside my classroom then it will be at that point where they may receive detention and log what happened.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me &b&oAs she stood up from her seat walking towards the front of her desk- her heels tapping the flooring- she would face her students as she leaned back a bit on her desk, arms folded as she scanned the classroom while making some quick observations.

/me &b&oShooken by <insert student name here>'s correct response, a slight smile appeared on her face as she began to clap gently as a way to praise her student. &f"Wonderful response <insert student name here>!"

/me &b&oShe stood before the class, checking the time on the classroom clock while she waited for the students to settle down into their seats. She quickly turned her head towards a student who called out to her, replying to them in a happy tone. &f"Why, good morning to you as well!"

/me &b&oWith her right eyebrow lifting up into an arch as her arms were crossed and her top lip lifting as if she was disgusted, she looked the student up and down as if they had lost their mind. She was bamboozled by their actions as she rolled her eyes, sighing as they explained what happened.

/me &b&oAdjusting her glasses while clearing her throat and her book in hand, she vocally read out loud to the class the English sentence, often lifting her eyes at her students to spot anyone not following along. &f"The woman's advice to the child caused it to cry in fear." &b&oShe spoke in English with a strong accent that followed with every word that escaped her lips.

Backstory
In 19XX, Iris was born in Seoul, South Korea. She lived in an orphanage with other children she called her family. She was soon adopted along with the other children into a family called the Cortez and was given their name. Iris grew up close to the head of the family, Oni. Oni was a teacher herself and Iris decided to be like her as well, believing it would be fun to teach her own class of students. Oni one day took Iris with her to view what it was like teaching and it sparked her motivation to become one as well.

Going into middle school, Iris set her sights on being a teacher while also participating in school events and even helping come up with events as well. They called her "Little Star Student" due to her being shorter than the average girl at her age. She worked closely with her teachers, trying to learn as much as she could such as: what to do when the class isn't focused and how to deal with disruptive students. She was able to learn way much more once she got into high school. She took some classes that helped guide her thinking when being a teacher. She was able to learn what to do in certain situations while teaching is in session as well as how to handle students out of the classroom.

The family decided to move to Japan, specifically Karakura, Japan as their family was slowly becoming toxic living in Korea. It was a fresh new start for everyone including Iris but it didn't change her mind about becoming a teacher. Years later, she got into college and decided to major in her favorite subject, science as it felt easy for her to do. She also took classes related to teaching and learned more about class setups, lesson planning, detentions, etc.

Fast-forwarding she finally became a teacher at Karakura, a science teacher at that, and had many different experiences while teaching. After some time of re-teaching science once again, Iris began to feel a little repetitive with her teaching style and lessons. Since she's already taught Science many times before, she wanted to take a step into another subject that she found to interest her. With the motivation and right mindset to change the subject she teaches, she applied for a subject change, awaiting her possible acceptance letter approving her. Eventually, she was qualified to become a culinary teacher!

After years of teaching her high school students, she decided to resign from her position, taking a break from teaching to be with her children while picking up a small job. Yes, some of the stress got to her and she needed a bit of a vacation. A couple of years later, she wanted to come back into teaching... Again! This time she wanted to try a subject that lingered in the back of her mind since she first became a teacher. But why a college professor? Perhaps the memories of teaching her old students? Maybe to get more experience in the teaching field? Whatever the reason she was, sure enough, going to turn in her application and hope for its acceptance.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Iris Rososora Cortez

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss

Given Name(s): Iris

Preferred Name: Iris

Religious Denomination: N/A

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Korean

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 5

Working Experience (# of years): 7 (I think teaching is part of work experience so yes.)

Academic Degree: Masters in English

Year of Graduation: 20XX

Major(s): Cooking & English

Minors: Baking & Pastry Arts and Writing

Native Languages: Korean

Other Languages: Japanese & English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, I have a TEFL certificate.

Preferred Teaching Subject: English

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): Thanks for reading. The spacing became weird but that's okay. The backstory was copied and pasted from the old teacher application with the ending revised if that's okay.

Do you have any questions?: No.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread