None

Describe your activity on the server.
Daily, 5+ Hours of Activity

Do you have TeamSpeak3?
Yes

Do you have a microphone?
Yes

List your current and past applications
No past applications. Only this current application.

What is your motivation for applying?
Ultimately, I usually don't apply for this sort of thing. I've been responsible for servers in the past, and I personally know the dedication and the support you need behind you to be able to accomplish anything. The fact this server is practically 'unchallenged' in it's field, alone, is a huge reason I am compelled to be more capable in providing a way of helping the server succeed even further. I see a lot of potential with this server, and I want to assist in any way possible. Personally, this is also a small way to follow my passion for teaching others without accomplishing the task of being hired by a legitimate tax-based school system away from the computer screen. I appreciate what you are doing here, so this is truly, my motivation.

Summarize your previous experience.
My origin of experience with role-play goes back to the age of eleven, having been taught by one with far more knowledge of the subject. It was generally a method of 'fighting' without the use of 'god-mod', and having to learn the three 'DONTS' of role-play etiquette. Having brought that knowledge with me, I moved away from the forums of 'GaiaOnline', to other less-known forums. This includes a Star-Trek forum, as well as Star-Wars Tatooine Forums. I personally am well versed in fighting via role-play itself, and pride myself on the lack of "Powerplay", "GodMod", & "Metagame".

Generally, my experience with Minecraft started in the Alpha Version, which still had a long way to go in comparison to what it has become today. Though, I realize some of it's community has suffered in due part from Microsoft Ownership, game version updates, and general community squabble of opinions. Having managed to prevent myself from being swept along with the under-tow of the waves of people's opinions, I personally enjoy all that Minecraft has to offer, though I am not the most achieved PvPer. Roleplay, acquired building abilities, and patience for those who have a lack of understanding for a certain situation in particular; have pushed me through many challenges within the Minecraft community itself.

Now, as for my experience within the teaching profession,
I have been an 'Assistant Teacher' or 'Teacher's Aide' on multiple occasions.
My own mother has taught English, as her major is Literature and Historical Geography, for many years now. My family has been in the line of 'teaching', so-to-speak, for almost a century away from the computer. Following in the footsteps of my family, seems only natural, as well as my own personal passion for spreading knowledge in an interesting way. In most cases, teachers will find the students leaving or running away from with their lessons, I hope to remedy that by going out of my way to provide an enjoyable environment for my classroom.

= - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =

Your Teachers In Game Name
Mauro Kassandr Sauvage

Your Teachers In Game Age
Twenty Seven

Teachers Subject
He majors in many subjects; [I myself major in these, providing the knowledge for the lessons.]
World History, Cultural History, Psychology, Sociology, Mythology, Literature
I state not a specific subject, as I have the opportunity to offer my position to multiple, as I am needed.
Any of the above may be approached with ease and understanding, and through many methods.

Have you read & understood the mega-thread?
Yes

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group.
Why would you change that?

After going over the mega-thread for a fourth time, I unfortunately find only one thing that comes as a disturbance. The idea of being possibly black-listed for an approach on the 'Dojo' after receiving the job, somewhat shocked me, as well as them. You see, my SavagePandaCrew find much enjoyment in simply passing the time on the 'weekends' during our time on the server within the 'Dojo''s walls. Whether it be to cheer each other on during a fight, or to role-play an injury that may require bed-rest, or a visit to the nurse the following week renewal. I understand how it could be a problem within itself, and why you have outlawed this, though it is somewhat,... saddening.

= - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in game and out of game, what purpose do they serve, what salary they receive. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in there spare time in general.

Having already stated that my family is well versed in the teaching profession, in the real world, I can assume that you would understand by now my views on the situation itself. Teachers are the literal under-paid, over-worked, backbone of society. Without them, there would quite literally be an untimely collapse in our adaptation within education, and spreading knowledge to the new generations that have to fill our exceptionally large shoes. Our society would be in quite the pickle, were teachers to be unavailable for the general public.

Teachers, contrary to popular belief, aren't just robots whom are plugged into the school at night. They have lives, families, problems, daily responsibilities outside of work. Simple, fleshy, mortals.. just like the rest of us. I actually find it quite hilarious, in my mother's free-time, she heads into the garage with her Kindle device, and ... reads. I suppose you can't ever take the desire to read from a truly intrigued person, even when that's their day job.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?

What exactly is the point of a school role-play without classes? You can not have classes without teachers.
Its a fairly short answer, but true.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs.
How does he look like?

Rugged Features, a slightly curved tip of his nose, slender bridge line between two eyes.
His left eye is ebony black, caused by a trauma in his younger years.
His natural eye-color is a near jade green, almost emerald along the outer edges.
Standing at a full 6 foot 7 inches tall, lean and muscled, but not 'muscular'
More on the 'average' side of attractiveness and appeal.

What makes him unique and different?
With a slight speech impediment while under emotional stress.
His bangs forever bleached white from a chemical imbalance after severe reaction to medicinal minerals.

What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers?
Having a relationship with most students and faculty resembling that of a good friend.
Having become a supportive role-model to many students early on,
Mauro is often known as 'The Stern Friend', encouraging but persistent.
Knowing and expecting better of everyone, he holds high standards for his students.
Even higher standards for the fellow teachers.

What is his personality like?
Defensive of his friends, prone to standing up for the 'little guy'.
He is a very good listener, but has a smart mouth.
\Cracking good comebacks is his forte, and sometimes forgets he is hitting thirty soon.
A naturally calm demeanor, laid back, and surprisingly 'proper'.
Despite his 'rebellious' appearance, he is extremely professional.

What is his plan for the future?
Already having the start of a small family, his hopes is to continue it.
Eventually letting it grow to two boys and one little girl, though they were already expecting the girl.
One day, perhaps, He may become a college Professor. Though that is a long time coming.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?
/me Eyes watching the group with a keen understanding of how to read out the 'ring-leader', he finally approached them. "Excuse me, I believe you are still within school grounds. If you wish to speak with such a foul mouth, I can assist you by letting the Principal handle hear what you have to say on the subject. Or would you prefer to retract your previous vulgar language? "
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
/me Standing up from his desk, he rounded it to stand before the class, setting a textbook down hard onto the front of his desk, back to the students. Turning around to face them as the slamming book caught some of their attentions, he chuckled, and stood there, hands behind his back. "Now, Either you can all listen up, or I will be handing out demerits and point deductions for the entire class, and you can explain to the rest of your classmates how apologetic you are when they fail my class at the semester's end for your behavior."
When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
/me
Casually taking a stance in front of the appropriate vending machines, the 'ching' of change in the coin slots hitting the base money collector inside of it, the ruffle of a chip bag growing louder as it was pulled free of the snack compartment door and set to the side. The whirr of the copy machine in the background as coffee was poured into his larger stainless steel hand-crafted guard mug. The final ejection of the copies he had been making for an assignment sounded as a faint beep came from the machine, alerting him, eyebrows raising slightly as he moved to take a sip of the coffee, collecting the papers in the callused digits of his left hand, coffee and chips in the other.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me Mauro found himself staring aimlessly into the grade book, though everything was mostly computerized now, he still kept a written record of the final points of each student per semester.
/me Settling into the leather-backed computer chair, a half-turn caused by the momentum of his slim framed weight, turning his attention to the thin-screened school computer.
/me Exhibiting a sigh of relief as the bell rang, the mass of bodies pouring from the small and incredibly stuffy classroom. Letting the papers that had been collected into his hands, land on the corner of the desk, sliding as a growl fell under his breath, reaching to stop the cascade of papers.
/me Stuck with Cafeteria Duty, the third day in a row, Mauro sat posted at the entrance table, a Chicken Cesar Salad plate resting on the linoleum surface. Letting the fork drop from his digits into the plate as he watched the new group rush into lunch, stumbling over each other like starving hyenas.
/me Callused fingers extending in a half-curved form, adjusting to run through the white streak of bangs, exhaling with defeat as the students around him began to mingle loudly, leaving his ears ringing and echoes cascading through the halls.

BACKSTORY

* Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended. Make sure this is over 300 words.*

Mauro Kassandr Sauvage, Aged Twenty-Seven.
Brother of younger sister, Caeda Deblanc Sauvage.
Son of ??? & ??? --- Tossed into Foster Care at 11 years of age
Upon being taken away from his family, due to violent fits from early PTSD of childhood events that proved to be ultimately traumatic for him after separation from Caeda.

Passed between many homes until the age of 16, Mauro was placed under the care of a
Psychiatric Doctor when a fit of rage caused him to rip his vocal chords to a degree, making any means of talking very strained and excruciatingly painful. While under the ward and protection of the doctor, he was used as a guinea pig in many trials of new medical research. Including shock related therapy as a way to re-connect his vocal chords. The continued harsh treatment, and terrible conditions, including malnutrition, desocialization, and constant belittling as he was locked away in a solitary room, never allowed out without the doctor's permission. A shutdown of the facility in particular after a successful lawsuit from one of the other patient's family led to his removal from the guidance of the doctor, where he was then adopted into a wealthy family. The parents were never home, though he was required to attend therapy on a daily basis, most time with the The****** even living in the home for extended periods of time. Heading to a new highschool, he quickly developed friendships with a set of twins, Zaxeal and Zionus. Zaxeal grew to hate him, not respecting his brother's choice in friends even after a few years of friendship shared between the three. In his senior year, he was introduced to their younger sister, Kyomi, whom he quickly fell for and ended up becoming infatuated with past highschool, remaining in the 'friendzone' until Kyomi's senior year. He showed up outside her house on the night of her prom, Kyomi had chosen not to go, even though others had asked her multiple times. He confessed his love to her, and soon she revealed her feelings to him after the prom proceeded. A kiss sealed the fate of their relationship, and they began to be seen as a couple. Three years of physical therapy later; while Kyomi was in highschool still, age 18 now, Mauro had regained the communication abilities once lost, which assisted him in her senior year in a final confession. Those who knew him well, understood that he still struggled with certain words, accents, or even general speech when emotional. He had to learn control over the emotional aspects of life, setting aside feelings and replacing them with logical reasoning. Two years of dating under their belt, now both of them above the age of 18, Mauro 21 to be specific, a vacation with their group of friends revealed just how much they cared for each other, Mauro popped the question. A gorgeous wedding later, he found himself married to the love of his life, and soon a bun in the oven. They were expecting some time in March, and he was anxiously awaiting his chance to be a father. Now, after finally getting through extensive years of college as a History Major, with minor degrees in Psychology and Sociology, as well as old Latin; He plans to apply to become a teacher within the school after a recommendation to school's Historical Department. The recommendation having come from a previous college Professor who supported Mauro most of his college life.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread