mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted History Teacher Application [Subject Change]

luvkaiix

Level 34
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?: tasha9580
Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): I do, it’s KaosRP#0666
How old are you? (Optional): I am 18 years of age.
What is your time zone?: AWST [Australian Western Standard Time]
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, seeing as I have been in many different jobs on the server, they all follow the same rule, and I can promise that I will try to remain as active as I can. If I am to be inactive for a certain period of time; I will make a log.
Describe your activity on the server: Over the past month, I’ve mostly been more active on my ‘KaosRP’ and ‘QwQMeHarderSeggsy’ accounts, due to being unsure of what to teach on my teacher account. However, I am fairly active in general.
Do you have any previous bans?: I have never been banned on RPH/SRP. However, I have received one warning for OOC Toxicity. I have learned from my mistakes and I understand what I did was wrong. I can promise it will not happen again.
Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Tasha9580 KaosRP KaosRP2 (ItsJustKaos) Alt account

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level): My current role on the server on my tasha9580 account is as follows;
[Teacher][NQT]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?: National History.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: As someone who has been a College Professor two times, and a High school Teacher, I would like to come back to it as after testing multiple different roleplays, I feel as if I fit into the teaching more than I do anything else. As well as this, due to being in these positions before, I know how the school works and I can handle students easier as I know the punishments that should be given to them. I always see teachers online, but most of the time none of them are hosting classes, especially during the earlier hours. I am also able to get on pretty much any time of the day as long as I am not asleep, meaning I will be able to complete my quotas easily and bring fun to the high school students that enjoy going to classes. I am also patient with greenies and students who misbehave as I have experienced it all before, meaning I will be able to handle them and help them if needed.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Classroom logs are important as they keep management in a classroom, from keeping history from previous classes, for example in a classroom log book you would write down the names of misbehaved students. These logbooks will then be shown or shared with the other teachers. Classroom logbooks are also here to show that the teacher is doing the responsibilities they need to do.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: If I want to start a field trip, I must discuss this with one of the vice-principals, I must then tell him/her what the field trip is about and how it will have educational values with the students. I would then need to await his/her approval.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Rule 1: All students must not talk out of turn to the teacher or any other student in the classroom.
Rule 2: All students must remain in their seats, whilst the class is in session.
Rule 3: No food or drink should be consumed during the lesson.
Rule 4: All phones must be kept in your pockets at all times and switched off.
Rule 5: Always complete all homework and assignments given.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have been playing on Roleplay Hub since 2017, and have had breaks here and there. I came back to SchoolRP in late 2019, and have applied to become a Receptionist, which was accepted. After about a month, I applied for KPD. Due to the lag I was receiving during the Physical Training, I was unfortunately removed from the Police Force. Since then, I have experienced TeacherRP (x3), ProfessorRP (x2), and MedicalRP. I have also experienced CollegeRP.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning: Head Department.
↳ Description: The Head of the department is a teacher responsible for an academic department/subject. They are responsible for NQTS as well as the curriculum for their subjects. The Head Department is chosen by the VPs and Principal when they have seen that that person can be on time, and active.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher.
↳ Description: A QT is a teacher experienced in education. They can start classes without the permission of their HD.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher.
↳ Description: A Newly Qualified teacher is somebody who has gained the Qualified Teacher status but has not yet completed their induction.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

In-game, teachers are provided to teach and benefit the education and knowledge of a student in the school. This is also the same out-of-game. Without teachers, no one would learn and no one would benefit from it. Teachers receive a salary of 450,000 if they complete 15 classes in that month. If they manage an extra ten classes within that month, it's an additional 50,000 yen on top of their paycheck. The bonus yen may be claimable twice per month. A teacher may use their spare time to plan lessons and mark books and homework, whether it be a free period during school hours or outside of school hours.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers can act as a support system that is lacking elsewhere in students’ lives. They can be a role model and an inspiration to go further and to dream bigger. They hold students accountable for their successes and failures and good teachers won’t let their talented students get away with not living up to their full potential. Teachers of all walks of life and subjects have the ability to shape opinions and help form ideas about society, life, and personal goals. Teachers can also expand students’ limits and push their creativity. In saying so, teachers are important to SchoolRP, because it is what the server is based on a school. Without the role of teachers or professors, it wouldn’t be much of a SchoolRP server.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: The school runs on the ‘Must have, should have, could have’ system.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does she look? What makes her unique and different? What is her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is her personality like? What is her plan for the future?

In front of you would be a Japanese female at a height of 5'3. She would have glinting grey eyes which would complement her dark black hair and her pale skin tone. She would smell slightly of Chanel perfume.

While on school grounds, Kaori would be a relaxed and bubbly lady, trying to be friends with students to make them feel comfortable to speak to her about any problems they have, whether it be school related, home-related, or just an issue they have in general. However, she would still be ready to turn strict at any moment, especially during classes. She would give the class a chance for her to be friendly and bubbly, but if students were misbehaving, she would turn strict, prepared to take the class back into the classroom to just do writing instead of games. She’d have the same friendly attitude towards other teachers, always offering to assist them with any troubled students and often trying to have a friendship with the teachers to have a friendly environment while working.

Outside of work, Kaori would often take some time to plan her lessons further to make sure they are fun for the students, even trying to make the most boring lessons fun. She’d also plan boring lessons for the days that students had been misbehaving too much. Apart from this, Kaori would always try and hang out with her friends and those who she considers family, possibly even her loved ones if she ever gets into a relationship. On weekdays, she would be responsible, avoiding drinking or doing something that would reduce her performance for the next day during school, yet if it was a Saturday, she would often take the chance for a night out with her friends, remaining responsible and monitoring her actions, yet laying back and loosening up to enjoy his night. This would contribute to her dream of being able to be free in life.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: I would kindly ask them to stop loitering and swearing in the hallways. If they do not listen, I would ask them again before telling them to stop. If they STILL do not listen, I would take them to the Principal or Vice-Principal’s office unless told to take them to the front desk.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: Firstly, I would tell them that if they are not going to listen, they will spend their break time with me in detention, and if they continue to not listen, I would kindly ask the Principal or Vice-Principal to come down to my class, and have them sort the students out.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Kaori’s actions do not change. She is the same when she is off-duty and on-duty. Kaori is respectful, responsible, and fun to be around. She does not disrespect her students or her co-workers. She is polite and caring. Kaori always puts others first before herself. If someone in the teacher's lounge is having issues, she always offers to help in any way possible.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me She’d open her mouth, speaking in a slightly raised tone, “I’m going to hand out some booklets! Copy down important notes from what I’m about to say for me! If you all do it well enough, we might be able to play some fun games next lesson!” She’d then lower her voice, grabbing a few booklets as she counted the number of students in the room, mouthing the number to keep track.

/me She would do a rough count of how many students were there, then she’d glide through the booklets, counting them just as she had done a headcount of the students, making sure she had the correct amount of booklets before handing them out. She’d then grab her pot of pencils, handing them out to any students that needed them. After doing so, she would begin speaking about the lesson.

/me She’d stand at the front of the classroom, smiling as she watched the group of students coming in one by one as she said “Good morning students, please take a seat while we wait for the others to arrive”. She would then take out the bundle of papers she had brought with her in her purse, organising them on the left side of the desk, making it easy for her to grab them later when needed.

/me She’d collect the test papers in, making a neat bundle of them on her desk, before putting them away in her bag to mark later after school. She would then turn back to the class informing them that they will be playing a game for the remainder of the period. “We only have about 20 minutes left and you all have worked very hard so let’s play a game to end this lesson off. We will be playing the Buzzer Game…” she would then continue to explain the game so everyone was aware of how to play.

Backstory
Kaori was born into a tight-knit family in Shibuya City, Japan in 1993, where she resided for most of her childhood and teenage years. She was born into a family of 4 older brothers and her parents, leaving her being the only female alongside her mother in the family. Throughout her childhood, she was very pampered and protected by her brothers, which made their relationship very close. Kaori was a very active and happy child, she would brighten up any room she entered just with her sweet presence and her laugh. Her laugh was a contagious one from childhood, making everyone around her smile and laugh too. When she was around 4 years old, one of her older brothers started to teach her how to ride a bike. At first, Kaori struggled to find her balance, but with the help and time dedication of her brother, she soon learnt how to ride it on her own. She was so excited about riding a bike that she would often spend her weekends going on long bike rides with her brothers, racing with each other. Of course her brothers would win, since she had only learnt, but this became a real bonding activity for the siblings.

Kaori’s mother found out that she had lung cancer soon after Kaori was born and had started to mostly stay at home in her bed, resting. Throughout her childhood, Kaori would always see one of her brothers taking care of their mother, even sleeping at night with her in case of an emergency. Kaori would often sneak into their bed, sliding herself in the middle of them, hugging her mum as she drifted off to sleep. As Kaori got older she started to spend more time outside with her school friends which meant that she would have less time at home with her parents and brothers. In 2014, Kaori’s mother passed away as she was trying her best to battle the cancer, whilst Kaori was away on a school trip. When Kaori’s teacher passed on this news to her, she went into shock and denial. She couldn’t believe that her mother was gone, that she would never be able to lay in her arms again, that she would never be able to talk to her and see her again. Kaori instantly felt a huge wave of regret wash over her, ruining the rest of her time at the school trip, since she just stayed in her room at the cabin. When Kaori went back home, she ran into her brother’s arms, still in disbelief.

Over time, they all got used to the new way of living without their mother, and Kaori gained a maternal figure through her brothers’ partners. They would take care of her, feed her, help her with all the girl problems etc, trying to fill the absence of her mother. Kaori started to learn the piano at the music club at school, as a way to distract herself from everything. She managed to compose a song of her own, dedicated to her mother which she played at the school talent show 2 years later, and came in 1st place. Throughout her high school life, Kaori was a very studious and calm girl - she was very engrossed in history, one of her favourite subjects at school. She decided that she wanted to move away for college since she wanted to live somewhere different, amongst other people, so she moved away to Karakura for college. She continued her passion for history at college, and realised that her favourite part of history was Natural History, which she then decided that she wanted to teach to other people. She had always been of a helpful nature and had been told by many that she would be a great teacher, so it was something that she had always had on her mind as a career option.

In-Character Information
SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Kaori Yoshi
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Kao
Preferred Name: Kaori
Age (Minimum is 27): 28 years of age
Religious Denomination: N/A
Marital Status: Single
Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 6 years
Working Experience (# of years): 7 years

Academic Degree: Bachelors Degree in History
Year of Graduation: 2011
Major(s): History
Minors: Child Development

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: Swedish, English and German
Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, I do

Extra
Additional notes about your application: N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been permitted to switch to the History Department at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions re-setup: @KimiNoUso#9697.​

Users who are viewing this thread