mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted History Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC INFORMATION

IGN (In Game Name): WolfTheMurderer
Previous bans: None

Describe your activity on the server: I am on everyday, Usually for about 10 hours each day during Summer Break. After Summer Break my time on the server may or may not go down.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?: Yes!

Do you have a microphone? Yes.

List your current and past applications: No previous applications.

What is your motivation for applying?: I am a huge History Buff, I find History to be an amazing subject and with so much to learn from it, and how History has many different subjects to talk about.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): In real life, I take multiple History Classes to learn as much as possible about how we've come this far. I am an Average A student in History. I talk about it to a lot of my friends, and it always feels like I'm teaching them something when I do.

Your Teachers In Game Name (Make it relevent to your Minecraft Name): Mr. Wolfe
Your Teachers In Game Age: 30
Teachers Subject: History

Have you read & understood the megathread? Yes, I understand the do's and don'ts of being a teacher.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? A lot of the classes are very underwhelming, as in the teacher doesn't really do anything. I'd actually try and make classes as unique as possible to have a bigger impact on the students.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knolledge about Teachers in game and out of game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in there spare time in general. Teachers in-game and out of game must teach their students in a way that helps the student get the grade they want. The teacher is responsible for the students marks as "bad students" are due to the teacher having certain flaws pertaining to the student.

Teachers usually teach in a way that is comfortable for them, but will step out of their comfort zone to help students understand what they are teaching.

In their spare time Teachers are grading tests, homework and are generally focused on their job.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: Teachers are important to the SchoolRP server because it is a school, without teachers, no one would be teaching the classes and students would act freely, misbehave, and possibly do much worse.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Shane Wolfe a 30 year old History Teacher from Canada. (Moved to Japan) He lives alone with his dog, "Bear".He has short brown hair, with a scruffy brown beard, and is usually found wearing his green jacket. He is usually really laid-back and calming due to him having Insomnia and not being able to sleep for too long. He loves teaching his students about what has happened in the past, and will help out any student that doesn't understand something. He's not afraid to give detention to students who misbehave as he lives by the rule of "giving respect earns respect back". He respects the other teachers as he would like to have respect given back to him, and is usually pretty talkative with the everyone. He strives to make sure all of his students understand the importance of History and how we can learn from it. As well as make sure his students have a good time in his class and get great marks. As for himself, he plans on becoming a journalist and make documentary's about Historical events.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
At first I would talk to them, tell them to stop. If they continue I would ask them to leave the area, and if they continue to ignore what I say, I would issue a detention and talk to a staff member.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? Start giving warnings to people to start listening. If they continue to ignore my lesson, I would tell them to leave or issue a detention depending on the situation.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? He likes to talk to the other teachers, ask them about how their day has been, while working on marking tests/homework, and having his lesson prepared for his next class.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me Writes down lesson about (event) on the board
/me Hands out work to the class for them to complete
/me Asks (name) to come to the board and answer a question
/me Hands out test while telling the class not to talk during it.
/me patiently waits for the students to leave before packing his bags

BACKSTORY

Mr. Wolfe is the oldest child of his family with his brother only being two years younger than him. His father was an Archaeologist, while his mother used to be a Journalist, this lead him to develop an interest in Writing and History, His parents supported him with this new Interest he had gained. His mother told him that in order to be a good Journalist he had to treat people with as much respect as he would want back, this lead to him becoming very well-mannered and friendly to where he had made many friends in High school. He had great grades throughout High school always getting above 90’s. While in college he struggled a bit more with his classes, getting decent marks, but not as great as he had hoped for, after getting his Degree in History he decided he would try and become a Journalist, but was denied due to him having a severe case of Insomnia that he had developed in College due to staying up all night studying and working. This lead to him going back home to his parents where he stayed for a couple of years working as a Security Officer at the Royal Ontario Museum. He would talk to the curators at the Museum about certain exhibits and would then go home to tell his Parents about what he had learnt. After four years of working as a Security Officer for the Museum, he had decided that he wanted to become a History Teacher, and enrolled in Teachers College, he did well in his classes being one of the top 5 students in the class. After he had finally graduated from Teachers College he tried for months trying to find work but only able to pick up jobs as a substitute teacher. He was starting to feel like it was a waste of time going through Teachers College to not get a job, but he then heard of a High School in Japan that needed a History teacher, he scrounged up as much money as he could for a flight to Japan, as he wanted to apply for the job.

Additional notes about your application (if any): None that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread