mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted History Teacher Application

Mistalee

Level 104
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: Mistalee is the name of the account I'm applying on. I have an alternative account, named 'Shamlamlamdooble'. Both usernames are subject to change whenever, should either of them change before this application is reviewed, then I'll edit it accordingly.

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Knot#6368

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your timezone?: CET; Central European Time

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I acknowledge this. Afterall, inactive teachers serve no purpose on being on the teacher-team, as they'd simply be occupying a spot on the roster that a more active teacher could fill.

Describe your activity on the server: In full honestly, not always 100% active, I mean, I was demoted from my position as a Senior Administrator due to inactivity, but that's not to say I rarely log on. If I'm accepted to be a teacher, I can ensure you that I'll be capable of fulfilling the 15-class-quota, attending any mandatory meetings, or generally being online on the server when need be. If I'm unreachable for a noticeable amount of time, or incapable of reaching the quota of the month, an inactivity log posted under my name will follow.

Do you have any previous bans?: No, my history is squeaky clean, beside a warn or two. I have not been banned, and have no intention on doing anything to get me banned.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
All of the following applications have been accepted, besides the Teacher-Assistant application.

https://schoolrp.net/threads/sunswifes-certi-shop-application.21287/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mistalees-custom-script-application.20788/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mistalees-funky-staff-application.20336/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/sunswifes-rad-private-tutor-application.20213/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/knot3s-leukemia-application.19366/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mistalees-drama-teacher-application-switch.19157/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mistalees-history-teacher-application.18244/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mistalees-russian-application.18089/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/teacher-assistant-application.17734/

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I've had multiple runs as a teacher previously, as a Drama-Teacher, as well as History Teacher. I'd like to return to my roots in that sense, and teach a few classes once more.

Given that this server is called 'SchoolRP', where school is the main attraction to the server to roleplay in. As teachers are a necessity in any school setting, I'd like to indulge in the most prominent part of the server; Being a teacher seems like the most enticing way to approach it.

Another motivator is my fondness of academic settings in general; I've indefinitely been a studious type, mostly enjoying logic-oriented classes; (Maths, Chemistry, Physics, etc.), as well as history classes. Teaching (albeit, on a Minecraft server,) would be a great way to indulge in my preference toward academic settings, by teaching players in an interactive fashion to preach information and facts about subjects I enjoy.

And last but not least; Money.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Class logs are a channel in exclusive teacher chat rooms, where you're asked to provide evidence that you've taught a class. They're records for faction leaders to count how many classes you've accomplished in a month. They're a key principal in the teaching-faction itself, as without them, faction leaders wouldn't be able to pinpoint how many classes a teacher has taught in a month with complete accuracy; They'd be incapable of even seeing if the teacher is active in teaching classes whatsoever.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
First of course, plan out the exact details of the field trip; To note the location, activities, etc. that the field trip would entail. I'd ask my class, as well as fellow minecraft-colleagues on their opinion on whether or not they believe the field trip to be appropriate. If I am ever to host a field trip, I'd contact a member of the Senior Leadership Team; The school's big bosses, on the matter. As far as I'm aware, there is no official format to fill out when requesting a permit for having class excursions, so I'd simply directly message them over Discord, giving them the full details that I had in mind for the field trip, as well as sorting out any finer details with them.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Following rules are one's I'd set in my classroom;

- The use of any electronics or gadgets that prove irrelevant to the class, (e.g Phones, instruments, gameboys, etc.) are prohibited, and will be confiscated upon sight.

-Consumption of drinks is allowed, as long as the gesture is performed quietly and doesn't disturb the class or make a mess.

- Language and conversation in the classroom is always to be kept civil; Take the feelings of others into consideration before speaking, ensure that when you speak you don't use any profane language.
> This also entails no arbitrary yelling, unnecessary heckling during class, or uncalled for comments.

- If you'd like to say or share anything with the class, raising your hand is mandatory. Speaking out of turn is prohibited, and highly frowned upon.

- Come prepared to learn; It's common knowledge that when you enter a classroom, you're there to obtain some form of knowledge there. To do so, you must have the necessary materials to keep up with class, e.g notebooks, pencils, (calculators - Optional, as they're not typically used anywhere outside of math & physics classes), erasers, etc. Failure to bring these along to class is also frowned upon.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I've been on SchoolRP for round-about a year. Meaning I've been roleplaying (on and off), for about a year. Given this, I'd say I'm somewhat experience and decent in my capabilities in roleplay. Other than SchoolRP and other roleplay-oriented servers that will go unmentioned in my application out of respect for the server and unwillingness to advertise, I haven't roleplayed.

Adding on to a specific type of roleplay, though, I'd say I've indulged in the so-called form of 'Teacher Roleplay' the most on SchoolRP. I've had experience as different types of being a teacher- (Drama-Teacher & History Teacher), and have won in-game awards during events that recognize my character/my role as a teacher to be fairly capable and satisfactory.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: Spelled out; "Head of Department", as all teachers are teaching under a certain subject, they'll have a superior to look up to and answer to, (besides members of the SLT.), which are the Head's of their department. Typically these are the one's QTLS and NQT teachers look toward when needing any guidance in their department of teaching specifically. They're the highest rank a teacher can get; QTLS and NQT teachers are unlikely to obtain this role if there is already a HD in their department is already in place.

- QTLS: Spelled out; "Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills", These teachers are a rank above NQT teachers, who have proven themselves capable of teaching efficiently. They're capable of teaching decent classes, thus the title 'Qualified'.

- NQT: Spelled out; "Newly Qualified Teacher", Those who have newly obtained the title as a teacher obtain this rank. They're not yet proven to be qualified, completely new to the school and the teaching environment they find themselves in. Their options are typically to seek guidance from teachers of QTLS and HD rank.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
From my in-game experience, teachers earn a salary of 300,000 yen if they've completed the mandatory quota, this being 15 classes in a month. For every extra 5 classes they perform on top of the pre-existing 15, they earn an extra 50,000 yen. They're allowed to log and write down a maximum of 3 classes per day.

Their purpose is quite clear, as the occupation's title explains; To teach. They're given the task of spreading information to their pupils; Their duties are to grade tests, assign homework, and generally be present in an academic environment. They're capable of instructing their students on a variety of subjects and topics.

The way teachers teach is individual to each; Defining them in one simply sentence would be impossible, as different methods of teaching vary from one another heavily. Though, to summarize, most teachers should educate with the following criterias in mind;

• They are to bring the information forth in a concise and clear manner, enough for each student in the classroom to have a general grasp on the topic present in the classroom.
  • Their classes are meant to be interactive (At Least on SchoolRP), as students in-game are looking to indulge in an enjoyable roleplaying classroom, not an actual online lesson. Classes should entail teachers interacting with their students, e.g Asking questions, assigning tasks, etc.
  • Classes in the context of content are meant to have some weight. The duration of the class is not to be spent ranting about something unimportant and off-topic, instead, they're meant to stay on-topic to the subject at hand.
  • If a student has a question, the teacher should be capable of answering the question clearly and providing a factually correct answer.
Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are essential to an academic environment, as they're the ones with pre-existing knowledge about the topic they've specialized in. They're the ones conveying information in their field to their pupils, essentially educating and building the student's foundation of knowledge from the bottom up. The point of a school is to educate those individuals attending it, and without teachers, there would be no means of educating said people to begin with.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
"MoSCo", which stands for ‘Must have, Should have, Could have’.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

To keep it short; My character is a simple man of few words. He doesn't speak unless spoken to, doesn't make many jokes - More so sarcastic remarks. He's a very intelligent man, albeit he doesn't show it off by specializing in a logic-oriented teaching subject, such as Maths, Physics, etc. I wouldn't define him as 'unique' in the sense of better than others from a moral standpoint, but he does have a few oddities about him.

He dresses oddly simple - Even in cold weather, he tends to wear the same outfit. A short sleeved white dress shirt, black tie and subtly, yet incredibly expensive Levi Strauss blue jeans. (He won't tell a soul, but his incredibly expensive jeans are his pride. If anything dirties his jeans or harms their quality in any way, he'll most likely take a disliking to the cause of the damage to his luxurious pants.) If he's feeling frisky, he'll wear a mildly expensive watch. It's more of a style choice, really, because he has a phone to check the time. He just thinks the watch looks really nice. Not only that, though, but he doesn't seem to blink much. It's a very odd trait of his, his eyes are incredibly moist, thus he feels limited need to blink.

His outlook on students remains neutral. He's not the type to pick favourites, and he has no interest in getting to know students personally. Albeit his indifferent mannerisms toward students isn't the most admirable quality, the plus-side of it is that he remains professional no matter the situation. When teaching, his aim is to teach students how to think, not what to think, making them capable to be great agents of possible change in the world.

He's not the type to plan his career outward several years into the future, either. His plans for the future are not defined, he hasn't spent much time thinking about it.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Approach the students professionally and calmly, asking them to tone their loud attitude down to a minimum. Should they not oblige by the simple request, though, further consequences will be brought upon them. Giving them a brief warning that further rule-breaking will result in a detention, which will of course ensue should they still not listen. If they're misbehaving in detention, the only option from then on would to be to bring them to a superior; This being a member of the SLT. Asking them to take necessary action, the fate of the misbehaving student would lay in the hands of them.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Evaluate where any mistakes are being made on my part first of all; Why aren't the students listening to me, is it because my lesson is un-interactive, un-interesting, is the topic not comprehensible? - I'd follow up with a respectful plead for the class to tone down the chatter, and attempt to continue teaching the lesson at hand, then on baring the criterias of a teacher in mind which I had previously mentioned in the Teacher-Knowledge section.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
As previously mentioned, my character is a simple man of few words. He doesn't spend much time conversing with co-workers or students alike, instead, he'll most likely keep to himself and correct papers, plan lessons, eat his lunch, etc. If he does end up in conversation with any individual, the conversation will most likely die out quickly, as my character isn't the social type. He'd remain professional in the scenario, unwilling to talk about his day, gossip about students, or generally speak much on his own personal life.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
My actions don't start off with 'He, They, She', or any type of general pronouns. Though for the sake of context in the following /me's, I'll include them for the sake of being grammatically correct.

/me He'd seat himself on the wooden chair, shifting to make himself comfortable. He'd let out an weary exhale, placing the stack of uncorrected papers on the desk. Popping the cap off of his trusty red pen, he'd begin correcting the homework.

/me He'd raise the chalk toward the chalkboard, an oddly firm grip on the writing utensil. He'd drag the chalk along the board, writing: ""

/me He'd furrow his brows in confusion after hearing the response from the student, genuinely surprised with the ridiculous answer they had responded with.

/me He'd nod his head toward the student, before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a reward token. Saying nothing, he'd place the token on their desk. A silent appreciation for a satisfactory remark.

Backstory
Ares Cohen is a man of American and Greek descent. Taking interest in Physics and Mathematics due to his father's occupation as a Physics Professor in America, he had been well off education-wise as a child. Frequently titled a 'nerd' in his youth, his grades in most logic-oriented classes had come out outstanding and more than satisfactory. From early on in his teenage years, he was dead set on taking up an occupation similar to his father's. At the time, he had resided in America with his mother, his father being the cause of his partially greek heritage. One day, as Ares was occupied studying for an upcoming Chemistry test, his dad had walked in with a few picture of his own youth. Ares first unrelenting in his unwillingness to listen, as he was engrossed in his studies. He had better to do than listen to his father's tales. His father shrugged, who seemed indifferent to the matter, had simply placed the picture down aside Ares to look at if he ever changed his mind. Once his father had left, Ares sighed and took a glance toward the pictures, curiosity taking over him eventually. The pictures he had averted his gaze toward left more questions open than it did answers. Pictures of his father standing next to great Greek temples, historic artifacts, museums, etc. Ares was confused at first, taking in many many images of his father standing in the focal point of Greek culture. And so, Ares grew more and more intrigued, and began to research more and more about Greek culture in general. Historical moments, cultural pleasantries, landmarks, Greek mythology, the lot of it. Out of all of those subjects, though, Ares was most intrigued in Greek mythology. This way, he had learned the heritage of his name, "Ares", the name of a Greek God himself, as well as copious amounts of other stories.

This turned out to be the beginning of Ares' love for history in general. After indulging in stories of Greek mythology, he later moved on to other historical topics, varying in all parts of the globe. From Ancient Egypt to German Medieval times, Ares had completely strayed away from Science, and instead directed his interest completely toward history, much to his father's disliking. Through this, Ares had started his career to becoming a History-Teacher, though still baring his roots and undeniable love for maths and physics in the back of his mind, thus his Minors in Mathematics and Physics.

The nerd had found his way to Japan from a strangely attractive woman he had met online .. Ares being the man he was had established himself firmly in the world of Technology, a complete computer fanatic. Being a huge 'nerd', though, his love life was absolutely dull. In a small fit of boredom, he had created himself a dating profile. Not expecting to find any form of actual romantic success, though. Later on, he had proven himself to be absolutely incorrect though, as he had met a Japanese woman on the dating site. Conversing back and forth, they had slowly gotten to know each other more closer. She herself was an immunologist, and was enamoured by Ares' odd mannerisms and personality. The two fell in love, subsequently convincing Ares' to do something incredibly stupid; To move all the way to Japan - A foreign country he had never been experienced with, or visited to begin with, to be with a woman he had never even met in person. A decision that had paid off in the end though, seeing as the woman he had fell in love with online wasn't a hairy old man that Ares' thought she may be. The two dated there and had eventually gotten married, with Ares' briefly studying in Japan and getting acquainted with the culture and had decided to continue to pursue his dream as a History-Teacher in Karakura; The school with an incredibly interesting setting, with students of multiple different cultures, he felt he'd fit right in.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name: Ares Cohen
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Given Name(s): Ares, Mr. Cohen
Preferred Name: No specific preference, 'Ares' is preferred in casual conversation, Mr. Cohen in formal settings.

Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Married

Nationality: American, Greek
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 2 years in America.
Working Experience (# of years): 4 years, 3 in America - 1 in Japan.

Academic Degree: Bachelors in History
Year of Graduation: College; 2017
Major(s): History
Minors: Physics, Mathematics

Native Languages: English, partial Greek (not particularly fluent in it, though)
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No, I do not.
Preferred Teaching Subject: History

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of History Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teacher applications. There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Notes:
-Perfect application, I'm glad to see that you decided to return to this position. You're vastly knowledgeable when it comes to teaching on SchoolRP, so I look forward to attending some of your classes.​

Users who are viewing this thread