Accepted History Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnaylo

Level 0
OOC INFORMATION

IGN (In Game Name): lordnaylor
Previous bans: Non that i am aware of.

Describe your activity on the server: I normally spend 3 hours a day on the server as a minimum with this number increasing as more free time comes available which will be over the next few weeks whilst my summer work experience finishes

Do you have TeamSpeak3? Yes

Do you have a microphone? Yes

List your current and past applications: This is my only application at this time.

What is your motivation for applying?:

As a student of history myself i feel like the subject has become undervalued and forgotten, i want to bring knowledge of others mistakes and ideas to a younger generation so that they may learn from them and continue to advance us to greater things.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
i have spent 1 year in a teaching assistant role (subjects history, geography and geology) and am continuing my teaching studies over the next year before starting university. In my free time i help coach as sports team for the less economical endowed.

Your Teachers In Game Name (Make it relevent to your Minecraft Name): Miss Naylor
Your Teachers In Game Age: 24
Teachers Subject: History (specializing in Modern History)

Have you read & understood the megathread? I have read and understood the megathread

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
I Would personally split science into the separate subjects due to the complex nature of each subject, this would allow individuals to grasp a better knowledge of each subject, this would allow more classes to be run simultaneously.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in game and out of game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in there spare time in general.

In game, a teachers role is to provide a fun source of education whilst keeping order within the school. Out of game teachers are the main source of knowledge and one of the final people to refine morals, they provide knowledge to children and young adults giving them the ability to go on and achieve their goals.
In-game Salary: Unsure
Out of Game Salary: between £22,000 and £38,000 depending on qualification, experience and role.

Teachers usually take one of to stances on teaching, their either teach with an "iron fist" and expect the utmost respect from the students, this is usually effective however this may cause students to dislike the teachers and begin skipping class
The alternative teaching method is to be more relaxed, treating the students like adults and giving them a bit more freedom, This usually means the students respect the teacher more and are less likely to rebel against them, However students may also get a sense of freedom and begin to take advantage of the freedom they have been given.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Teachers are the backbone of the server, they provide a class for students to attend and are the first line of discipline for (in character) rule breakers. Without teachers the server would have no order and no progress.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Miss Naylor is a young small woman who believes that the best method of education is mutual respect. work for rewards. Miss Naylor takes pride in her own appearance and the appearance of her class. She always finds the time to help her students in any problems they may have since she believes that high school is one of the hardest times of a persons life and that they should get as much mental support as possible.

Miss Naylor has respect for her colleagues knowing that they put a lot of work and effort into their jobs, However she doesn't allow their work ethic get in the way of their personality. She understands that under each teacher this is still a fragile human being who can only take so much work before breaking. Therefore she respects other teachers and rarely asks for anything from them.

Miss Naylors plan for the future is to continue teaching students in high school and providing them the knowledge they require to advance onto a-levels and university, She plans to help every student that comes to her asking for help.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Language like that brings dishonor to your family.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
Your grandfathers didn't fight the west for you all to sit around and do nothing.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
Calm, she uses her time in the teachers lounge to talk to other teachers about problems in class and to warn them about disruptive pupils

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me Draws "The rising sun on blackboard" and asks the class what the symbol represents
/me Writes 1904-1905 on blackboard and asks what major events took place in this time period
/me Tells everyone to open to page 283 of their text book and begin reading on the practice of samurai warriors.
/me starts marking homework assignments whilst the class read
/me reminds the class that the end of unit exam is next week

BACKSTORY

Miss Naylors early life was relatively normal, she was born into a middle class family with no brothers or sisters. She grew up learning basic morals and manners from her family. She wasn't a trouble causer and always respected those around her. She spent a lot of time reading books and asking questions and liked to know how things worked and why things were done.

Miss Naylor pickup an interest in teaching from her maths teacher in high school. She realized that the sharing of knowledge was an important aspect of human survival. After being called an "outcast" and "bookworm" She took up helping younger students with learning disabilities in her free time. This gave her a sense of purpose and a strong belief that this is what she was meant to do. Over the next few years she studied hard in her three favorite subjects, History, Sociology and Psychology. She found school hard since she had no-one to talk to but she knew if she kept pushing forward that she would find someone with similar interests as her.

Whilst applying for University Miss Naylor made 3 great friends, who all had a passion for teaching. The formed a bound and as a group they supported each other and made the work load considerably easier to cope with.They had their high moments and their low moments, but they were always together. Over the 3 years they spent at the University of Tokyo the group made several friends but more importantly cemented their love of teaching, At the end of university the group went their own ways. Naylor pushed forward for a teaching role in a high school whilst the rest of the group went into teaching primary school students

Miss Naylor started as a teaching assistant in 2014 and has been working hard to get a position as a history teacher in the well respected school of YHS

Additional notes about your application (if any):

Miss Naylor still has an interest in sociology and psychology

Some of the questions refer to "he" and "him", as the applications are for both genders i believe this should be changed to a gender neutral pronoun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread