Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):

twigyg

What is your discord username?
twigyg

Previous bans:
N/A

Describe your activity on the server:
I have been a member of this community for a very long time. My original forum account was created in May of 2017. I have not been very active on the server recently. I have played on SRP periodically since 2017, with the last time being in 2020, where I played over one-hundred hours. Over the past two years and a half my attention has regrettably been taken away from the server. Life got busy, but now I’m making time for the things I used to enjoy. I have played extensively over the past few years, and can guarantee that with that experience (though it may not be recent) comes knowledge. I have dedicated much of my time in the past to the server. Though my activity has fallen off in the past two years, that will be changing. Looking towards the future, I plan on playing much more regularly.

What is your timezone?:
EST

List your current and past applications:
2020 - Korean Lang - Accepted
2018 - Technician - Accepted
2018 - Police - Denied
2017 - College Prof - Accepted

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
Throughout my time on SRP I have not really participated in very specific types of RP. While being generally informed on the various types of RP, I have not been a part of anything significant enough in recent memory to mention. I have held roles in what are now called factions, but it was much before things were so detailed. In 2017 I was a College Professor for a brief time, and in 2018 a Technician for an even briefer time. Although I have regrettably not been a part of any (real) factions thus far, I view this as a potential strength. I think I have the opportunity to bring a new perspective to the Hospital. A fresh point of view.

What is your motivation for applying?
I have wanted to join a faction for a while now. I can vaguely remember when the concrete structure of them was introduced, and have been enamored with the concept ever since. I have not participated in as wide a variety of roleplay as I’d wish. Within the Hospital, a very unique atmosphere is created that I believe is specific to this faction. I would love to participate in that environment and take part in more of what this server has to offer. I have been content with not experiancing specialized roleplay for quite some time, but recently I have felt a burning desire to change that. I would be absolutely thrilled to work within and alongside EMS. Just in researching and creating a character for this application, I have felt a passion for this server I thought I had lost entirely. My motivation does not end at applying though, I am ready to dedicate as much as possible to this position.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

Doctor

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
Funnily enough, I learned a lot just to be able to fill out this application. Admittedly, I still know very little. I hope, however, that with this application I have demonstrated my willingness to learn for this role. I have a basic understanding of what the role I am applying for consists of, and am extremely excited to participate in those tasks if accepted. I know the role involves giving diagnoses, filling out prescriptions, working closely with coworkers, and sometimes participating in surgery. I wish I could say that I know everything there is to know, but I don’t. I want to know everything, though, that is part of my motivation for applying to EMS.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes!

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS
Character’s Full Name:

Nakanishi Aiko

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Female, she/her

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Bachelors in Biology
Medical School Graduate

Character’s Nationality:
Japanese

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Shinto

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese
Korean

Backstory (100+ Words)

(0-18)
Childhood
Aiko’s youth was rather unremarkable. Her family never struggled in terms of wealth, living comfortably in the upper echelons of the middle class. Aiko had two siblings, an older sister and a younger brother. The life of a middle child was well suited for Aiko. Aiko’s parents never paid much attention to her, instead taking a more passive approach in their parenting style. They always supported her endeavors, and were delightfully surprised when Aiko expressed her wishes to enter the medical field. Aiko was lonely throughout high-school and instead chose to focus on her studies rather than social aspects. She wouldn’t consider her time in high-school a bad period of her life, it was just so uneventful. This crushing sense of boredom, of loneliness, is what originally drove her to pursue what is considered to be an extremely strenuous career path. She didn’t care about the money, she wanted purpose. Fulfillment.
(18-25)
Higher Education
Tired of her life in Japan, Aiko lived out her escapist fantasies by studying in Korea. In preparation for this change of scenery she devoted a large amount of time to studying the language in her final high-school years. Aiko finished high-school without knowing even half the names of her graduating class. When Aiko received her letter of acceptance in the mail, she was just happy to be able to leave Japan. Attending Seoul National University, Aiko worked diligently towards her bachelor degree in Biology. Aiko appreciated the change of scenery that came with the foreign setting and quite loved the fast paced city life present in Seoul. Friendships continued to be a source of struggle for her. She had never taken the time to develop her social skills. She regretted it, but didn’t know what she could change. Feeling helpless, she continued to focus first and foremost on her education. It was the only thing Aiko knew she was good at. While she did make many new acquaintances in class, she would not have called any of them “friends.” Aiko would go on to spend another four years in South Korea attending and finishing medical school. She was constantly surrounded by her one point of weakness, socialization. The idea of being anything other than acquaintances with her peers turned from a challenge into an insurmountable feat. In her third year she chose to specialize in Internal Medicine, believing that to be the best choice for her future.
(25-28)
Residency
Due to her work ethic and dedication to her studies, Aiko was presented with the opportunity of a three year medical residence in Seoul. She accepted it, though she could tell the city life was beginning to get too lonely. Constantly hearing people having conversations she’d never had, with anyone. It was almost crushing, the quietness that surrounded her outside of the hospital. Those three years were hard, but very rewarding. Aiko appreciated the opportunities created for her in Seoul greatly. Within herself, though, she knew it was never quite the right fit. She needed to go home.
(28-29)
Home Again
Instead of returning to her family, Aiko believed another drastic change in her setting would be beneficial. Aiko sought out a position in a rural town, far away from any cities. She found a private practitioner in the Japanese countryside– one willing to hire her even without the most experience. Mukai Yuka. An old woman, one who had been practicing medicine since before Aiko could walk. Yuka was the first person in Aiko’s life to seem to care about her past her achievements. She would ask Aiko if she was eating enough, if she’d had a good day. Casual conversation about personal subjects. To a normal person, it was nothing. To Aiko, it was everything. In Yuka, Aiko had finally found a friend. While Aiko did technically work full time for a paycheck, she would have done it for free. That job was Aiko’s nirvana. It was what she’d been looking for for so long. It broke Aiko’s heart when Yuka recommended she find work in a city. It made sense, Aiko wasn’t even thirty yet, why close herself off to a world full of opportunity so soon? But sometimes something making sense isn’t enough. To Aiko, that suggestion hurt more than if her mother had kicked her out to live on the streets. Aiko would leave a few weeks later. Her memory of that time is hazy, the only cognizant part being an almost debilitating sadness. She felt she had caught lightning in a bottle, and while running around in excitement she had fallen flat on her face. The decision to move to Karakura was an intimidating one, but Aiko couldn’t bear to stay on the mainland. An unwanted fresh start awaited her.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Internal medicine. Her reclusive nature and history of loneliness led to her heavily identifying with those in pain. If there’s someone out there who’s hurting and just needs a little help, Aiko figured she could do it. She could be there for those who have no one, when everything may seem hopeless. Believing pervasive sicknesses– generally those affecting internal systems– to be the most destructive, Aiko desired to specialize in this field. The idea of someone, scared and confused by a potentially life threatening disease, invisible to the naked eye, horrified Aiko. If she could help these people, give them another chance at life, then she will.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
She completed a three year medical residency at Seoul National University Hospital.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Aiko has one year of experience working under a private practitioner in rural Japan.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Nothing past acquiring her bachelors and finishing medical school.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Aiko is a little under average in terms of height, being around 160 centimeters tall. She has been recommended to put on weight but oftentimes finds herself forgetting to eat. Her dark brown hair is shoulder length and kept in a messy style. Her eyes are a fierce hazel, shadowed by persistent eye bags. Patchy eyebrows and little makeup are a result of her casual approach towards outward appearance. She believes actions to be more important than such superficial aspects, though this is more of an excuse for her disheveled appearance. To summarize, Aiko is an overtired and unkempt individual. She puts her work over everything else, even her own body.

How does your character act on and off duty?
On duty - Passionate, introverted
Aiko’s dedication to her work is readily apparent. She hates bothering others, and typically tries to accomplish tasks without outside help. This hesitancy can come off as cold, but it stems from her introverted tendencies. With patients this antisocial behavior disappears completely. Aiko tries to create a positive environment for them, one where they can feel comfortable and respected. She prides herself on providing a service to others, though her self-esteem is not built on an entirely sound foundation.
Off duty - Exhausted, gloomy
Outside of work, Aiko generally spends her time at home. She gives her all to her work, but this dedication is draining. Be it a bad patient, or a stupendous workload, Aiko has little energy left over for when she’s off the clock. Aiko constantly experiments with hobbies in the hopes of finding something new she’s passionate about. Those who don’t know her would most likely assume her to be a lazy, emotionless shut-in. Her lack of energy oftentimes causes her to be unintentionally cold or distant when outside of work.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Aiko prefers to work on her own, but understands that isn’t always the best option. Though she doesn’t quite realize it, she functions much better with others. Having lived her life, for the most part, alone, Aiko assumes that it’s her natural state to be lonely. Aiko can find it difficult to be the one to approach others. She can function entirely on her own, but not to her fullest potential.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Whenever work comes to a peaceful lull, for however few minutes that may be, Aiko daydreams of returning to the countryside. She plans on starting a private practice in a rural town, one where she can focus purely on helping those who need it. In a city, there will almost always be access to immediate medical care. In a rural town, that is not the case. Preventable problems turned into major issues just because the nearest medical center is too far away. Aiko wants to be there, wherever there’s no one else. Though, admittedly, a tiny part of her just wants to get away from people.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
By others, Aiko is perceived in a myriad of different aways. This perception often hinges on how well they know her. On a surface level most would assume Aiko is a useless shut-in with zero prospects, if not homeless. Those who know her professionally find her an honest and dedicated worker. Her passion for those she helps, as well as her enthusiasm in providing that help show plainly. Aiko sees herself as someone who doesn’t do enough. If only she had more time, more energy, she could do so much more. She also quite resents her desire to move away from the city, believing it to be selfish. She knows this desire truly stems from her wanting to reunite with her mentor. She sees herself as an anti-social outsider, and because of this perception, she is often blind to how others see her, or, their desire to see her.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted!

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 4lx. - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread