HostageRP Rules

pashy

Level 183
IGN:

PashOP

DATE:

It's the 24th of February

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I wanted to suggest adding rules for HostageRP. I have reviewed the rules, and I didn't find anywhere it talks about something such as this. So I wanted to mention it as it goes more for realism.

Now, if you put a weapon to someone's throat. He should be unable to action dipping or something. This is something that I've seen. Player A putting a weapon to B's throat, and B magically just hits him to get out of it or dip. Now I'd say if the other person is going to resist, he can roll for getting a weapon to his throat. However, he cannot act if he loses the roll. I also think as he cannot act the turn should be back to the first player to kill him maybe. I think this is fair because let's say I went to kill someone and I had KPs. Instead of stabbing him, I have put a weapon to his throat and won the roll. I could've simply stabbed his throat instead, but I'm taking him hostage. Maybe the KPD pulled up and I needed something to try to escape. This will build more RP and will build more realism.

I also wanted this thing to be added to the rules too which is FearRP hostages. Meaning, if for example KPD pulls up and finds me with hostages. They cannot just get in and taze me. The way to solve this out is to be figured out ICly. Whatsoever, they cannot just try to taze me. They have to FearRP the hostage's life. It's not only for KPD but for rival gangs too, and families, or anyone related to each other and close. Now I'm killing a rival gang member and his mates pull over, I can just tip my knife to his throat and use him as a hostage in which they will have to listen to me and FearRP for their mate's life.

Thank you for taking time reading this suggestion, and I hope you agree with me.
Luv u

qbigail

Level 77
+1
I agree with this completely, as a member of not only KPD but EMS also. I like the idea of the FearRPing a weapon to the throat, as it is highly realistic. In reality, if a sharp blade was being pressed against your throat- you wouldn't really be wanting to aggravate your attacker more than you already have. The FearRP is a nice idea, as not only is the weapon being FearRP'd, the attacker and the consequences of this situation is also being FearRP'd. Hostage situations are quite exciting and fun for KPD as we have to work together and coordinate not only ICly but OOCly also. This brings more realism to the situation and makes the roleplay at hand less boring. However, moving onto your second point- with the KPD FearRPing the fact that lives will potentially be lost, we already do this to a certain extent. We do not just barge in with all guns blazing, we carefully think it through beforehand. The problem is, the individuals who are keeping hostages do not know what they want. The KPD has a protocol where we negotiate for the hostages, but most of the time this does not work out the way we want it to. We also have to be fast because normally there are individuals inside the area who are potentially bleeding out. This means that we need to secure the area and detain the armed individuals so EMS can safely make their way inside so they can treat patients. Overall, this was a good suggestion and I hope it gets implemented.

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
+1

- Creating new aspects in the world of GangRP is always a +1 from me, great suggestion.

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
1+
Police Officers actually already do this. Although it may seem like we don’t, we actually take our time to think about what we’re talking about. If we didn’t FearRP, we would shoot every hostage taker in every situation. What I like about this idea, though, is that other bystanders NEED to FearRP. I have seen many situations where people decided it’s a good idea to stand 3 blocks away from a person with a weapon, and we always need to tase upwards to enforce FearRP onto these bystanders.

As for KPD Officers, I do agree with the fact that we can’t take reckless actions. However, when we do, it’s because the lives of other people are in great danger, due to the fact that they have already been stabbed and are bleeding out. And, to be honest, I’ve never been to a hostage situation where the captors haven’t stabbed someone. In these situations, there’s almost no margin of time, and we need to act as soon as possible so that the person does not bleed out. What I would like to see more, however, is that captors don’t actually stab hostages the minute we arrive. I can assure that we will not shoot them in the spot, given that it could endanger the lives of other people. It could bring many roleplay possibilities and I can assure you that the KPD will always try to negotiate before reaching out to the last resort, which is opening fire.

As for resisting the hostage taking, I also agree that it should be honored. It wouldn’t be realistic for you to resist knowing that there’s a knife to your throat. Nice suggestion

lamby :3

Level 22
octoplush
octoplush
Omega
1+
Not only will this make a wonderful role play this would make a lot of sense
I'm always open for GangRP suggestions :O
Luv ya too dimbo.

-
"IS LA CACAPCACACACACA"

It's me.
Me.
Chicken Tenders!.
CannibalismRP-CannibalismRP5

Mwah

BramvanZijp

Level 10
IGN:

PashOP

DATE:

It's the 24th of February

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I wanted to suggest adding rules for HostageRP. I have reviewed the rules, and I didn't find anywhere it talks about something such as this. So I wanted to mention it as it goes more for realism.

Now, if you put a weapon to someone's throat. He should be unable to action dipping or something. This is something that I've seen. Player A putting a weapon to B's throat, and B magically just hits him to get out of it or dip. Now I'd say if the other person is going to resist, he can roll for getting a weapon to his throat. However, he cannot act if he loses the roll. I also think as he cannot act the turn should be back to the first player to kill him maybe. I think this is fair because let's say I went to kill someone and I had KPs. Instead of stabbing him, I have put a weapon to his throat and won the roll. I could've simply stabbed his throat instead, but I'm taking him hostage. Maybe the KPD pulled up and I needed something to try to escape. This will build more RP and will build more realism.

I also wanted this thing to be added to the rules too which is FearRP hostages. Meaning, if for example KPD pulls up and finds me with hostages. They cannot just get in and taze me. The way to solve this out is to be figured out ICly. Whatsoever, they cannot just try to taze me. They have to FearRP the hostage's life. It's not only for KPD but for rival gangs too, and families, or anyone related to each other and close. Now I'm killing a rival gang member and his mates pull over, I can just tip my knife to his throat and use him as a hostage in which they will have to listen to me and FearRP for their mate's life.

Thank you for taking time reading this suggestion, and I hope you agree with me.
Luv u
+1

I agree on this, proper rules on fearrp would be good, even outside hostagerp.
Failure to FearRP and how far fearrp must go is kind of a gray area right now, so clarification really would not hurt.
But regardless if its just for hostagerp or for everything, solid idea.​

pashy

Level 183
I'm so much glad that people are agreeing with me, and they see it a great suggestion. Thanks for supporting my feedback so much!

If you're reviewing this thread without replying. You are free not to reply, but please do. Whether it's positive or negative. I like to see a reply with (+1) or (-1) and a little positive comment or a reason why they see it not good. You can also reply with something that could improve my suggestion more.

Thanks<3​

Pascal

Level 12
FearRP already acts on armed vs unarmed. If it is a 1-1 situation and you have a katana to your throat, and you are unarmed, you already have to FearRP as you're one mistake from death, and valuing your character's life is always highest priority when FearRP happens. However, it depends on the situation. If you are armed and somebody comes at you with a katana, you do not have to FearRP since you equally match them (Weapon v Weapon)

As for the officers shooting and tasing when there is a hostage, there are some circumstances that GangRPers make it impossible for us not to tase / shoot as they're an imminent threat to the public. They usually make outrageous requests like millions of yen, which we cannot give. I believe officers already try their best to negotiate. Keep in mind though that once a single hostage dies, negotiations are rare

+1 / -1

pashy

Level 183
FearRP already acts on armed vs unarmed. If it is a 1-1 situation and you have a katana to your throat, and you are unarmed, you already have to FearRP as you're one mistake from death, and valuing your character's life is always highest priority when FearRP happens. However, it depends on the situation. If you are armed and somebody comes at you with a katana, you do not have to FearRP since you equally match them (Weapon v Weapon)

As for the officers shooting and tasing when there is a hostage, there are some circumstances that GangRPers make it impossible for us not to tase / shoot as they're an imminent threat to the public. They usually make outrageous requests like millions of yen, which we cannot give. I believe officers already try their best to negotiate. Keep in mind though that once a single hostage dies, negotiations are rare

I do understand that. However, this is not the point. I do acknowledge you are to FearRP someone with a weapon. However, you can use this FearRP to run. See? How can you run with a weapon to your throat you'd probably be stabbed if it was real. And in the weapon vs weapon situations the other party wouldn't have to FearRP. Now if you put a knife to the other party's throat and he's still attempting to stab you or his gang are still attacking you like nothing. I'm a GangRPer, and as a GangRPer I face a lot of GabgRPers like this. These are "GangRPers to be the best" and the toxic ones. Let's also say you're unarmed, but you're a big group of people. In that situation I don't believe you'd have to FearRP the armed person because you're outnumbering him. Then, the armed person can use someone as hostage to dip. Now the group is attacked you without caring about them.

I do apologize for coming up with the Police too in the situation. I do now acknowledge that they act fairly.

@Pascal

Laur

Level 39
-1 / +1

I think this is a great idea, although depending on how, where, and a few other aspects of where the hostage is, they have a chance to escape. Such as if you were behind the hostage in the tunnel next to the zen garden with a knife to their throat, they aren’t tied up. They could simply backwards headbutt you depending on how hard they do it, making you fall backwards most likely or get distracted in some sort of way. If they were a child it would be different; since you’re most likely stronger than them, then again it depends on the scenario and setting. Side note: If you’re in front of someone with a weapon to their throat, there are plenty of ways for them to run away unless they’re against a wall, in that scenario they should still be able to fight back; as I have said, there are still many ways for them to escape.

I agree eighty percent on the FearRP hostage rules, not sure why, I just sort of do. As for the KPD not going in and tasing, we try to attempt to devise our a friendly negotiation. Though it never seems worthy for the other side of the negotiation, so we usually just resort to tazing and shooting.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
+1

I personally believe this should have been common knowledge to FearRP lets say a blade to the throat, though I believe if you are scared for your life and your character is unpredictable then you would make a quick attempt to run not fearing for your own life. But maybe adding a specific rule for these types of situations into the FearRP section is a better suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread