hotwiring's Professor Application | Speech & Debate

dorian

Level 11
hotwiring
hotwiring
Rich
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?:
spikedbat (If accepted, the role would preferably be given to my alternative Minecraft account, hotwiring.)

Do you have any previous bans?: No

What is your timezone?: CST

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666): dorian#9625

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, though I do not think inactivity will be an issue, given my already consistently high activity on SchoolRP.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: On average, I’m on SchoolRP from 3pm-5am CST. Said time is spent engaging with other people’s characters and developing the relationships that my own OCs have. While I may not post on the forums often, I frequently find myself myself browsing through other people's postings, as if scrolling on social media. I'd say anywhere from 30-60 minutes a day is spent catching up on recent posts and updates.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?: SchoolRP has been a summer hobby of mine that has recently grown into a true passion. I’ve been playing for countless hours every day for the past three months. During those hours, I’ve realized how captivating the lore surrounding the town and the characters that inhabit it are, leading to a striking interest that only seems to grow with every fact I learn. While my stay on this server may seem short, I can assure you that I am whole-heartedly dedicated to it.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/latin-language-application.50485/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/latin-language-application.51852/

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
[ Grade 12 ] - spikedbat
[ Grade 9 ] - hotwiring (This would be the account given the role of Professor.)

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

Since the age of 11, I have heavily considered pursuing teaching as a profession in my OOC life. I love gathering and sharing information, especially on topics that I am heavily educated on, such as Speech & Debate. OOC, I am head of my school’s Speech & Debate club and dedicate much time to it, which would surely reflect on my writing for my class.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:

Classroom logs help make sure that a professor is doing their job, both for the actual professor themselves and for any onlooker. They not only help to tally up the monthly classes taught, but how long classes ran for and the amount of students that each class had garnered.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1: Above all else, you are expected to have common sense.
2: No goofing off. If you’re coming to class, you’re expected to handle it professionally. You are not children.
3: Any illegal items or substances will be confiscated, and being caught with the possession of any will get you an immediate referral.
4: Phones and any other electronics are strictly prohibited. When in class, you are expected to learn, not to text.
5: Any inappropriate language is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, swearing and poking fun at other students.
6: Any food or drinks, aside from water, are to be confiscated if brought out during class. Save it for lunch.
7: If you wish to speak, raise your hand (Unless in a class-issued debate). Your opinion is valued, and your voice should be heard, but it is not any more important than that of your peers.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
I’ve been consistently roleplaying for the past eight years of my life. I’ve pretty much seen it all, from early age casual Hypixel Housings to intense, application required long-term lore heavy roleplays. Because of my heavy experience, I’m easily adaptable to different scenarios. This goes without mentioning the multiple cases of which I’ve dealt my own hand at hosting roleplays, all of which have gone swimmingly and added to my long, growing list of past roleplay experience.
I believe that my heavy experience also goes to credit towards my activity on SchoolRP. While I've only been playing on Karakura for around two months, I've previously shown how dedicated I am in roleplays, many of which spanned on for far longer than a year. The longest roleplay I've been apart of ranged on for three years, and I logged on nearly daily. I only stopped writing for that roleplay because it had concluded.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

A Karakura College-Professor is tasked with the duty of providing higher education to those of Karakura who wish to obtain it. They have to teach classes, along with keeping the halls clean from any misconduct. While the main objective is to spread their vast knowledge, they may find themselves breaking up occasional fights and helping to guide students down the right paths in life, serving as a mentor. A College-Professor’s salary can change depending on how many classes they host in a month. The mandatory amount of classes is 15 per OOC month, which, when completed, would mean a payout of 450,000 yen. If 10 more classes are hosted, making for a total of 25, the teacher would get an extra 50,000 yen added onto their paycheck.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

R. Hallward, a self-proclaimed pretentious intellect, was always raised under the idea that he was superior to the average person, dominating others with his sharp wit and thoroughly calculated decisions. Unfortunately, Hallward learned the hard way that walking around with your head held abominably high is an awful idea, especially in a town like Karakura where the streets run rampant with indescribable crimes on a daily basis. That, Hallward one day thought, after a harsh awakening to the true nature of this town, That is what I want to fix.

Hallward's main motivation for becoming a teacher was not the pay, or the lack of employment finally creeping up on him (Though that was surely a factor), but the urge to help clean this corrupt town up. Higher education in Karakura was difficult, with the lack of teachers limiting the professions a student could choose to pursue, shoving them further down a tunnel that ended with nothing but crime. Hallward thought that applying as a professor, helping to show his students a life beyond the crime so commonly introduced to the youth of Karakura, would help encourage them to go about their own lives in a similar manner, getting the best education they can and living a legal life to its fullest.

Hallward's attire compliments his personality well, consisting of a mix of warm browns and overly professional suits. Monogrammed pocket squares fill the space of his jacket’s front patch, accompanied by an eloquent pen held close to his heart. He’s always wearing his prized custom-made oxfords, their loud clicks alerting students of the professor's imminent arrival.

Hallward's always had difficulty interacting with his peers in a correct manner, due to his overly-professional attitude that tended to mix poorly with the average nonchalantness, or extreme violence, a citizen of Karakura carried. Working in a school, he’s found is the perfect mix colleague wise. He works infinitely better when paired with those of like minds, and being accompanied by others who are as enthusiastic about teaching as he is would be a welcomed change. While his colleagues may occasionally bug him, he’s aware that his style of teaching could be considered fairly ‘old-fashioned’, and he’s sure he could learn a thing or two from his peers on how to better adapt to current-day Karakura. Nothing wrong with teaching an old dog new tricks, right?

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

“Alright, that’s enough!” Hallward shouted out, sharply skidding into the hallway after being informed by an underclassman of what was, the child had explained through panicked breaths, a case of ‘Unacceptable behavior’. Hallward gave a disapproving nod towards a student he recognized as one of his own, before tugging the troublemakers apart as he led them to a secluded area. He explained to the athletes how disturbances like this are not only unpermitted on school grounds, but a general upset to their health, remarking, “Fighting is the leading disturbance in the brains of you young pupils.” He encourages the students to work out their differences without the usage of such vulgar language, and writes them up. Hallward informs his pupils that another disciplinary infraction like this could result in serious consequences, such as detention and expulsion, or being pulled from their respective teams.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?

Enough!” Hallward’s voice rang loud and prominent, silencing the class. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in pure annoyance. He loved his students, truly, he did, but they had begun to get on his nerves with their senseless bickering and loud off-topic conversations. He took a seat in his cushioned chair behind his desk, mindlessly reorganizing a stack of papers as he spoke. “It’s… clear you aren’t finding my class engaging enough, hm? I… sincerely apologize for the boredom.” He stood, walking to stand in front of the disturbance’s desk as his hands neatly folded themselves behind his back, “How’s this? You clearly want to speak, to converse.. I’m sure the rest of you do too, yes?” Hallward looked around to his silent class, taking in the quiet nods, “...Which is perfectly reasonable, you’re school children… Hm, the rest of this period can be dedicated to.. Eh, how do I put it… A good old-fashioned debate, yes? You get to speak, whilst still participating in our class.. Does that sound fair to you all?” Nothing but agreement followed his query, “Wonderful! Alright, then. What shall the topic be..?”

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me looked from side to side, watching his passionately engrossed students with nothing but awe twinkling in his eyes. They’re six minutes into a debate on if cats or dogs are better, and he’s never had a group of students so eager to participate. It’s a simple topic, but one of Hallward’s go-to’s… Everyone’s got an opinion on something like that, and everyone’s itching to pitch in their own thoughts.

/me stood, his loud clapping echoing in the room and encouraging his pupils to join in. He smiled at his student, who had just finished up with their assigned speech of the week. He gave them an approving nod before gesturing to their seat, implying it was time to move on… After class, he’d have to be sure to compliment that student personally. Truly, amazing work.

/me waltzed over to his personal record player, a pleased smile rested on his face as he flipped through the mental catalogue of his music choices… Beethoven, he had decided on. An obvious choice, but always promised to be good. Hallward pulled an expensive vinyl out from its sleeve, his calculated hands placing the disc on the player. He rested the needle on the record and pressed play, joyfully listening to the static before a large-scale symphony erupted within Hallward’s classroom.

/me rapidly clicked a pen on his cluttered desk. His grading for the day had been long finished, leaving the man alone with his thoughts as he impatiently waited for the final bell. “Any minute now,” Hallward thought aloud, speaking to nobody but a deserted room, “Any minute now, and I can finally go get some damn food.”

Backstory

Born in Greece and raised god knows where, with his strange, vaguely European accent hinting towards the complicated nature of his upbringing. Hallward was born into wealth, as his formal choice of dialogue and richly decorated outfits clearly tell. He was raised with columns of ivy supporting his every move. Anything he wanted, he had. That sentiment was a grueling one to unlearn, as Hallward was swiftly informed that acting like a prince among Karakura residents who clearly had… different opinions on you, would only end with you getting a nice big blossoming bruise on your cheek.

The wealth that had been ‘promised’ with his given surname hadn’t lasted long, for not far after Hallward's shipment to Karakura at the ripe old age of eighteen (Which he interpreted as a wonderful opportunity to study abroad), he was permanently cut off from his family’s trust fund…
What a lovely going away present.

-

Hallward was born alongside his identical twin brother, [REDACTED] Hallward, but quickly proved to be the ‘superior sibling’... An awfully cynical way to put it, for Willow passed away not long after birth due to health complications. Complications that, to Hallward's own dismay, are problems that carried over to him. Hallward's not a healthy man, cursed with that fact from birth, and his illnesses plague his life to this day. For the first half of his life, the man sat with a ticking clock, waiting for a scythe-carrying man to finally claim what should’ve been his decades prior.

Enough of that, a random thought of his had said one day.

Enough of cowering in his apartment, enough of just waiting to catch the bug that served as the final blow to his already poor immune system, enough of counting down the days until his body could no longer function. Hallward was tired of surviving. He wanted to live. He wanted to put himself out there, he wanted to meet new people and he wanted to live his life to the fullest, despite whatever ‘God’ had predetermined for him.

He had missed his teenage years, and most of his twenties, but now… At the ripe old age of twenty-eight, R. Hallward was finally ready to put himself out there and start working for a real man’s wage. He was going to put his eight grueling years of meticulous college work to use, and apply for that damn job, teaching the youth of Karakura like he had always wanted to do.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Hallward

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Dr.

Given Name(s): Dr. Hallward, Hallward

Preferred Name: Hallward

Religious Denomination: Agnostic

Marital Status: Unmarried

Nationality: Greek

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
5 years

Working Experience (# of years): 5 years

Academic Degree: Doctorate

Year of Graduation: 2015

Major(s): Chemical Engineering, Conversational Latin

Minors: Social Science & Humanities

Native Languages: Greek

Other Languages: Latin, Japanese, English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, specifically I have a TESOL, earned after a year of teaching English to young pupils in Takarazuka, Japan.

Preferred Teaching Subject: Speech & Debate

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
Thank you for taking the time to review my application! ^__^ I’ll have the alternative account the role would be applied to by the end of the day on 7/27/2022. If this application has been reviewed after this date, disregard this as it has already been updated with my current information.

Do you have any questions?: Nope!

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 167
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #college-staff-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/wcAdvrRP

Users who are viewing this thread