players online

How does holding someone captive work

ImYourManMyles

Level 50
ImYourManMyles
ImYourManMyles
Omega
HOW WOULD HOLDING SOMEONE CAPTIVE WORK?
I've had this question for a while, and I was always so confused on how it'd work. I know you need major and all that jazz, but do you just keep them in a secret place at your house and just tie them up or something? Also, what happens when they have to log off, do they just log off and log back on and still be just sitting there? Also, would they be able to try to escape or scream for help or stuff? I have so many questions​

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
HOW WOULD HOLDING SOMEONE CAPTIVE WORK?
I've had this question for a while, and I was always so confused on how it'd work. I know you need major and all that jazz, but do you just keep them in a secret place at your house and just tie them up or something? Also, what happens when they have to log off, do they just log off and log back on and still be just sitting there? Also, would they be able to try to escape or scream for help or stuff? I have so many questions​
1664213798935.png

I suggest when doing something like this, you just plan it all out from the start. (consented and all that jazz). It'll make it a hell of a lot more fun as an RP experience than holding someone against their OOC will, and it'll make it fun for the person on the other end as well (where it usually wouldn't be). Then again, there are times when kidnapping someones character against their OOC will is necessary, and in this case, yes, when they log on they will still be stuck there. Everything after that is really up to you, remember, this is roleplay, not a game about permissions or following laid out OOC rules. See what you can get consented by the other player, sticking to laid out numbers from the rules sheet never creates interesting rp.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
What Kana said

Though, kidnapping someone and holding them captive is extremely hard. I'm pretty sure you would need OOC consent to itemrp ropes unless it was in your house and you had chains. But even then, having someone kidnapped in a house makes little to no sense. There's no 100% way to keep them quiet and although people cant hear talking through walls, they can most definitely hear screams. Hiding someone in your house would be risky unless your house is somehow so secluded that no one would hear their scream.

Right now, the kidnapping thing is a bit iffy. I think reworks are needed unless you consent it all oocly beforehand (consenting oocly would be hard since some players don't have alts and wouldn't want to be held for seven days). Maybe ropes could actually be implemented into BMD?

ImYourManMyles

Level 50
ImYourManMyles
ImYourManMyles
Omega
View attachment 36132

I suggest when doing something like this, you just plan it all out from the start. (consented and all that jazz). It'll make it a hell of a lot more fun as an RP experience than holding someone against their OOC will, and it'll make it fun for the person on the other end as well (where it usually wouldn't be). Then again, there are times when kidnapping someones character against their OOC will is necessary, and in this case, yes, when they log on they will still be stuck there. Everything after that is really up to you, remember, this is roleplay, not a game about permissions or following laid out OOC rules. See what you can get consented by the other player, sticking to laid out numbers from the rules sheet never creates interesting rp.
OKAY THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE, THANK YOU

ImYourManMyles

Level 50
ImYourManMyles
ImYourManMyles
Omega
What Kana said

Though, kidnapping someone and holding them captive is extremely hard. I'm pretty sure you would need OOC consent to itemrp ropes unless it was in your house and you had chains. But even then, having someone kidnapped in a house makes little to no sense. There's no 100% way to keep them quiet and although people cant hear talking through walls, they can most definitely hear screams. Hiding someone in your house would be risky unless your house is somehow so secluded that no one would hear their scream.

Right now, the kidnapping thing is a bit iffy. I think reworks are needed unless you consent it all oocly beforehand (consenting oocly would be hard since some players don't have alts and wouldn't want to be held for seven days). Maybe ropes could actually be implemented into BMD?
true. and i feel like without ooc consent, theyd get bored and stuff

Users who are viewing this thread