mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

How does your character see Karakura?

Mialyansa

Level 54
I want to know how others characters internally percieve the city in a philosphic/poetic way, not literally one. Do they feel like its a dark and cold city? Like they are walking under the sewers. Do they percieve it like a constant night party where they can have fun and romantic drama? Is it their only way to escape from a dark past and a new life?

Last edited:

Mialyansa

Level 54
Although I made the thread I think that my character perception would rather fit in the response.

Daniel Minaya "Mina": Well Daniel sees it like a constant maze, similar to the sewers. He sees it like a harmful and hostile place to live. It has an eerie ambience that makes the city feel dangerous. The people, always masked, are hiding their intentions, past, emotions. He always knows that there is more than meets the eye. Does it look cruel? Well yeah, but lets be honest. For someone who always has had a loving familly enviorment, true friends, a ceiling over his head, this experience has changed him and will keep molding his personality and knowledge.

.Arkkwolf

Level 40
Community Team
Lore Team
Arkkwolf
Arkkwolf
Notable+
Okemia Kuroki: "A curse. Once you've been roped into it you're bound as if walking with a spell upon your body. When you leave it pulls at you, terrorizing you from the inside out. When you finally cannot take it anymore you return to Karakura to quell the mental agony. But Karakura is worse than that knawing pain. It drives you mad, until you can no longer recognize yourself. And I am one of them, who's left many times but returns despite how it has turned me into a monster. You cannot be freed from it. Not unless you die or are forcibly held. Beware of the curse of Karakura. It enchants you until you've lost the will to fight its grasp. And it to will turn you into a monster, one lusting for blood or one bleeding out."

FadedMoonlight

Level 60
Marilyn Tominaga: "It's... home? It's awful, but it's home. Can't wait for the KPD to gun down another kid for jaywalking!"

Jason Anderson: "It's a city, like any other. Crime is high and corruption is to be expected. Just stay out of people's business and you'll be fine."

Mishiro Kuragaka: :skull:

Kasien

Level 40
kasien
kasien
Notable
Rash: *raccoon noises*
"A place that's dark, where most humans are rude and hurtful... some feed, some hurt, the world is a unsafe place to live in, I dislike how many disgusting hurtful people control the world like this, it's a very... cold place to be in. Atleast some serve food."

Birdie

Level 13
I want to know how others characters internally percieve the city in a philosphic/poetic way, not literally one. Do they feel like its a dark and cold city? Like they are walking under the sewers. Do they percieve it like a constant night party where they can have fun and romantic drama? Is it their only way to escape from a dark past and a new life?
My characters' view of Karakura is based on my OOC view of how players interact in it. Roleplay in large numbers like this makes it hard to build a kind or idyllic setting because everyone designs their OC to be the special, sad little meow meow with a tragic backstory, or the bada$$ that rules the streets at night. So if everyone in Karakura is a special meow meow experiencing tragedy or a street cruising bada$$ enacting violence, Karakura becomes a very tragic and dangerous place, no matter which character I'm playing. But they interpret that tragedy and danger differently.

Ava: Has lived in Karakura since she was a kid. She's lived in nicer places, but Karakura is where she got to live with her big sister and start making choices for herself. Karakura hasn't been particularly kind to Ava, but she inexplicably loves it. She feels tethered to the city, unable to leave despite how many close friends have. So Ava's view is "It's a wreck, but it's my wreck (affectionate)".
Scarlet: Ran to Karakura from what would've been an arguably better life. She's cynical and sees Karakura as a dump, but it's inadequacy makes it the perfect place for her to hide. She wants success here, but not because she cares about Karakura. She's just too prideful to let go of the view she has of herself, even in hiding. So Scarlet thinks of Karakura as "It's a wreck, but it's gonna be my wreck (derogatory)".

Essentially, both Ava and Scarlet recognize Karakura as a rough place to make a life, but value the personal freedom and independence they've fostered there.

Mialyansa

Level 54
My characters' view of Karakura is based on my OOC view of how players interact in it. Roleplay in large numbers like this makes it hard to build a kind or idyllic setting because everyone designs their OC to be the special, sad little meow meow with a tragic backstory, or the bada$$ that rules the streets at night. So if everyone in Karakura is a special meow meow experiencing tragedy or a street cruising bada$$ enacting violence, Karakura becomes a very tragic and dangerous place, no matter which character I'm playing. But they interpret that tragedy and danger differently.
I see that many characters are unnecassarly tragic. I made Daniel Minaya especifically to combat that. The tragedy doesn't come from his past but from comparing the current situation with his beutiful life at Spain. The tragedy comes from the disaster that is Karakura. The result of having too tragic characters who now seek vengance or power is Daniel Minaya fighting to stay mentally sane and loyal to morals.

Yingyangyingying

Level 88
5SHU
5SHU
Omega
Shu 'Heping' Yoko: ". . . I think of a rose once it goes thru the world. . . Yet. . . I only see massive amounts of decaying roses.. . ."

Suki K. Satoshi: ". . . Shu eat your meds. . ."

Last edited:

jolty

Level 0
first of all real god question love it second of all why is this a question the city is its own hell hole seeing the amount of gangs you out number every bloody mafia to ever exist in that one city alone and the dam city has the highest crime rights in the world like what the hell this even a joke but yet the gangs are so weak they need to bring 5 to 3 people to beat up one dude and the dam legal government like courts why are the judge's so bad to deal with some judge's have like a snack party with their friend while a dude is in court for prob a frame or a lot of stuff idk and the dam cameras my char almost got arrested for having friendly spars then getting ambushed by cops and questioned why are there more then 5 cameras in plaza alone your telling me that the city is a good place from the outside but in the inside its like a bloody warzone revolution and in a purge didnt pwp exploded causing radiation first of all why is there a nuclear reactor in the middle of a city idk why ask the people who made it second of all why the in gods loveable earth there's a hatch inside the gender natural toilets inside the school that can only enter through the swears that's my rant why the city is prob about to get the entire army of Japan look its a nice lookin city but for the love of god please fix it

TrisTheWarrior

Level 14
"Honestly, I dont regret coming here. A place full of crime and suffering... The place where my own brother found his end by my hand... Wanna know why I dont regret it? Its because it made me what I am now, sitting infront of you. It made me strong, a blessing of power that came with a challenge. Life gets easier here with time as you learn the town like the back of your hand. Even when I thought I learned everything there was to learn, a quest I completed brought me a new one that also brought a blessing of knowledge that makes me wonder how much more there is in this town. A rather good place compared to my past. A night with a bright light above a book." -Tris

He describes it as a maze and arena that brings people that survive it power and knowledge. Something that for him and others could be a blessing.

Last edited:

markoos

Level 28
I honestly made my character based off markiplier and my DnD character, so this is very true, I am the main character

Users who are viewing this thread