CarnageRP
CarnageRP
Rich
IGN:
CarnageRP

DATE:
08/01/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I would like to mention as I feel a lot of people can agree on me with this that I personally feel like SRP is no long player based. I have started to feel like this is a major problem because I feel like Sport teams shouldn't be ran by the Staff team and if a captain of the team leaves the team should take a vote on who should be the next captain or it gets given to the co-captain. I would like to say that I don't really like the fact that everything seems to be ran by staff on everything in SRP, but my main point in this is for the Sport teams.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Personally I feel like this would benefit a lot to the other members of said team and of course be able to have a lot more fun when it comes to RP situation and it gives some other players some sort of experience of running a team.

P.S Please add some more things if you feel like you wish to add anything to this.

BonBons

Level 30
Neutral / Agree

Firstly, I understand where you're coming from. You want the SRP community to be a bigger part in the direction and way the server runs and plays out. I must agree, that it seems as though many roles that play a leader type characteristic is run by staff. However this is mostly to keep charge and make sure everything runs smoothly as well as no power is taken for granted. There are a few roles on the server that I believe should stay as staff roles, for example SLTs as they mostly help the sports teams, and schools stay organized to stay in place.
Sometimes, players such as captains apply for staff and get the role after they've obtained the captain role. So this can't be helped as they've obtained the captain role through dedication and effort, and just because they got staff afterwards doesn't mean it should be taken away as it may break their character development.
However I know what you're trying to say, and I know a lot of players that may agree. It does seem like most of the staff are captains or leaders of some sort. Bringing the factor that this is RP, it should be obtained ICly rather than because of a status OOCly. However generally speaking, everyone should have a chance ICly to obtain a role, whether you are staff or a player. We must not limit the RP of anyone, including staff or that just wouldn't be fun, however there shouldn't be an advantage because of a role as well.

Overall though, I see your point. I believe if a staff member has multiple characters with leadership roles such as SLT, Captain, Hospital lead, or other things like that, they should try to sacrifice one of their roles to allow other opportunities for players. At the end of the day not everyone will agree, however it would open up more RP experiences for players of the community.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Reviewed
The choice made was because at the time the current captain was the most suitable choice. Keep in mind that highschool team captains are highly supervised by me and no role is permanent.

We do take the ex captain's choice/suggestion in consideration most of the times, but not always they are the most suitable choices, plus, the minority of captains are part of the staff team (6/20)

Users who are viewing this thread