HOW TO ROLEPLAY AS AN ANIMAL CORRECTLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xangaji

Level 78
DVaRVMAxwmih.png
━━━━━━━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━━━━━━━

Introduction to Animal Roleplay

SchoolRP offers a lot of features that other servers don't: Apartments, a realistic classes setting. But one of the most prominent new features is the addition of Animal Whitelisting, where people can purchase a £12 package ($15) for the ability to turn into any form of animal allowed. This can allow multiple things like pet roleplay, interaction with other animals and even in some cases, animals and humans gangrping eachother.

There are quite a few things you should know before roleplaying as an animal though, which is why I've made this in-depth guide for the community to read to acknowledge how to properly RP as an animal.

Types of Animals

There are 9 types of animals you can become on SRP right now, and some have variations and specific addons to their species of animal, such as language, or specific movement. They'll be listed below in spoilers for the purposes of keeping the page clean and neat.

Dogs are the most common animal you will find on SRP seeing as in real life they are also one of the most universal pets. Dog-specific abilities include the ability to speak to other dogs by doing /lang Dog message or adding a w or y to lang to increase or decrease the sound. Dogs are not restricted to locations apart from usual animal restrictions, like school grounds not permitting them. There are 3 colours/types of dogs, There's a yellow and white dog (/disguise wolf setAngry), a white and brown dog (/d wolf), and a black and brown dog. (presumabely a form of /disguise dog tamed or something, dw I'll find out.)

[BLACKBROWNDOG Image W.I.P]
ezgif-7-8a0e9a2cde05.gif
ezgif-7-74b719c14db5.gif
Images taken with @TulipTips I believe, IGN tulipss.
Cats are probably the second most common animal you'll find on SRP, due to also realistic reasons plus how adorable they can be, but still they're not TOO common. Cat-specific abilities include the ability to speak to other cats by doing /lang Cat message or adding a w or y to lang to increase or decrease the sound. Cats are not restricted to locations apart from usual animal restrictions, like school grounds not permitting them. There are 4 colours/types of cats: There's a brown cat (/d ocelot), a black cat (/d ocelot setType SIAMESE_CAT), a gray cat (/d ocelot setType RED_CAT) and a mixed spotted cat (/d ocelot setType BLACK_CAT).

ezgif-7-5c5d68a5d455.gif
ezgif-7-7961d4081d3d.gif
ezgif-7-045641181608.gif
ezgif-7-0a75c3d3dcf9.gif

W.I.P
W.I.P
W.I.P
W.I.P
W.I.P

How to Create a Character

So now you have chosen the animal you like, now what? Now let's learn how to make a character as said animal.

First of all, when you log on you will be your player self, full model. To change into your animal whitelist role after you've got it, you do /disguise [nameofanimal], and pick your variation if there is one or you want to. After this, you're an animal to others and yourself! Good job. Now to create your character.

When creating a character, you need to make sure it's realistic, especially seeing as you're picking an age and name.

Average Lifespans of Animals:

Dog: 11-13 Years
Cat: 15-16 Years
Rat: 1-2 Years
Rabbit: 1-3 Years
Snail: 10 Years
Bird: Depending on size 5-30 Years
Fish: They can live up to 60 years! But realistically 1-10
Dolphin: 30-60 years

After you've picked an age, it will show up like this in your chat:

Displayname [RANKIFANY][AGE][ANIMAL] RPNAME: "Meow"

After you've picked your age depending on the animal you'd like, you will need to relog to be given your role. Admins can try to give you this role, but it's best you DM the owners to do this as they give you all perms.

Once you have your animal disguise, you need to pick a name and work on a character description. The names don't have to have a surname, you can be called "Christine" or "Bell" and for descriptions they are also different.

E.G Description:
Christine is a small, british-blue cat who has a big, loving heart. On her purple-knit collar the name would read "Owner: Rose Terror - Number 000-000-000"

And there! You're done! No skins, no nothing. Now let's go on to how to roleplay and the rules of roleplaying as an animal.

Rules of Animal Roleplay

1. All normal rules apply to animals that apply to humans, no failrp, no erp, no mingegrabbing etc.
2. No going onto school grounds under any circumstances.
3. Do not abuse animal roles to sneak into places, use gadgets or anything else.
4. Animals have to be realistic, no weird names, animal apartments or having humans ride on you as it's unrealistic.
5. No cheating whatsoever, some animals can fly, but abide by specific rules to the animal.
6. You must stay disguised, you can't be a player-size model.

How to Animal Roleplay

Here's the main section and probably biggest on how to actually roleplay and use features to interact with humans and other animals as one.

Let's start with the basics. Animals can max roll 100 because they are not as big as people who can roll 150, it's just realism because of strength, animals also abide by similar rules humans have about attack or kill permissions. To get KPS or MPS on someone, you have to get one of the following.

You can attack humans if:
They try to kidnap you.
They kick or physically hurt you.

You can kill humans if:

They try to kill you or kill an animal family member or owner.

Animals do not need weapons, only the correct physical attributes like a mouth, claws or any physical attack strategies. E.G dolphin slapping someone and jumping onto them or a cat scratching somone.

Ways animals can roleplay that humans can't, is that they can lick without being weird, they can hug random people and they can unfortunately get picked up and its hard to get out of it if you lose roll as you're smaller.

The correct way to interact with humans or animal is like this:
For dogs and cats you can use /lang feature, as you can speak to them in a series of meows and woofs heard by humans. To speak to humans, you can't or to speak to other species you can't either, you can indicate with /me, but nothing that isn't able to be mimed out the way an animal can, for example you can indicate a physical object or person in front of you, or do /me cowers or /me is scared and people can tell from body language.

You're not allowed to do /me indicates she was chased by a tall man with a blue jacket. Animals can't identify or describe things to people as they're not able to communicate with a human being.

Closing Notes

If you have any questions about AnimalRP contact Samra on discord, or if you have image additions to the guide then DM me on discord: Weasel#6704

Thanks for reading and enjoy your time as an animal on SRP! Be sure to leave me a useful or informative rating if it helped you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread