Iris.fi

Level 32
IrisFi
IrisFi
Rich
GENERAL INFORMATION
What is your Minecraft Username?: IrisFi

Past warns/kicks/bans?: Warning for not being on school grounds once

What is your timezone?: UTC +3, EEST (Helsinki time)

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?: yes, tech suport iris#7339 I will always be able to join calls and I own a microphone (though I won't be able to use it on mondays and sundays)

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):
Finnish Language Application (for my alt account) Accepted
Art club application(No link available :( ) Accepted

Describe your activity on the server?: I play every day on one of my accounts for 3-8hrs, but I might push it up to 10hrs on weekends. I am usually online somewhere from 15.30-22.00 in my timezone. I also check the forums day, along with a few of the server discords.

List your accounts and roles on this server?:
Oriana Uozumi - IrisFi - Grade 12
Eislyn2 - Grade 12

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?: Yes, I have understood this. I will make an inactivity log in case I ever had to go offline for a long time.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is student council and what do they do?:
The student council is a group of students that all work together to make the school community safer and a more fun for everyone. Their job is helping and listening to students in the need of it, for example resolving fights or simply telling the students ideas to the teachers. The student council hosts theme days and other events with the help of an adult. They share any concerns or ideas with each other and the helpful adults. Everyone in Karakura's student council has applied to be a part of this experience. They also decide everything with democracy, usually by voting.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.): I haven't had a lot to do on my main account lately, and I think the student council would give me more stuff to do on it. I am also interested to join, after seeing how well put together the council is, and the overall atmosphere. I want to be able to use my creativity and ideas to help in making the school a more motivating and comfortable place for others.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events): Yes, I am aware of this. I enjoy using my creativity to help others and use it in teamwork.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
The roles in the council:
-President
The leader of the student council. Their behavior must be a good example for others to follow, in both academics and manners. The president can call a meeting if necessary, and is also the person who speaks for the student council in meetings with other groups.
-Vice-president
The vice-president assists the student council president with anything needed, and takes the place of the president when they are absent.
-Treasurer
The treasurer keeps track of all income and expenses of the student council. In other words, they are responsible of keeping an account of all funds.
-Secretary
Keeps track of all meetings and decisions made. They also check all the people absent at the start of the meeting.
-A casual council member
A student who participates in meetings and helps when needed.

Roles important to the council:
-Teachers and other school staff
The school staff and teachers help in providing materials to host events. They are essential within the student council, and always hold the final word.

These roles may be different in different cities and schools. These are the ones I am aware of that exist in most schools.

SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

Before I jump into conclusions, I would listen to their conversation. There's always a possibility of them being close friends and it being their way of showing care for each other, or just overall having fun. If it is clearly offending themselves or other students, I would politely tell them to cut it out. If they still continue, I'd warn them with some form of punishment, for example detention. I would also remind them to apologize to each other. If nothing is changing despite my warns, I would give them detention. At the end of it, I would apologize to the students around for any misunderstandings that could've happened because of this.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
In this case, I would let an adult or another councillor nearby know of this student, and then go after them. Once found, I would let whoever is helping me know, and put them in after school detention. If I could not find them anymore, I would let the other councillors know of this student and ask them to give them detention when found.

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
I would first ask the councillor themselves about it, trying to figure out why they're doing this. I would then firmly tell the councillor to stop this, and then I would comfort the student. If the councillor refuses to stop, I would remind them about what the council exactly is, and that our job isn't making the students scared, but safe. I'd also inform the school council president know of what happened.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
I would be honest and ask the information holder about it. If this is not possible for some reason, I would ask some other councillor for this information and apologize for my misunderstanding.

A teacher/receptionist has told you or done something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
In this case, asking them about it politely would be the first thing I'd do. I wouldn't make it into an argument, but rather figure out if it was an exception of some sort. After figuring out if they did something wrong, I would continue on doing things the way I was trained. I would possibly let one of my higher-ups know of this if what happened was very rude or definitely wrong of them.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):

I had a couple of ideas for this part and I didn't want to ditch all of them, so I decided to write three of them here. All of them are 300 words or more in their description!

1. The survival game
Have you ever wondered how you would do if you got left on an island with 31 other people? Well don't worry, you get to test yourself on that in this event!

The survival game is, as it states, a survival game. That doesn't fill you in on anything though since there are thousands of different survival games, so let me explain! In this game, 32 students in total will get a big space on school grounds all on their own. These 32 student will form 8 teams with 4 people on each, and one team will work together to help each other. Remember, everything else but your own team is your enemy! During the event, these people are going to go through challenges where they need teamwork and intelligence to work. If you fail a challenge, your entire team will be eliminated from the event. The teams remaining after the challenges will have a quiz, and the winner team of that quiz is the winner of the day! The winner team's members each get 5k yen. The event might go on for a few days so more than 32 people can get the opportunity to join it. Only 32 students per day are going to be actually participating. One day lasts from 8.30 to 15.00.

Now, this event might sound very tricky to make, and it really is, I can't lie about that. But, it is very much possible to do it in the end, just a lot of things need to be adjusted!
Before anything actually happens, students who would like to participate in this event will sign up with a paper about a week or two before, so the student council can estimate how many days the event will continue on for, and if any rules need to be adjusted. If everything looks clear and this event will be possible, the next thing to do would be to find a good space. It needs to be spacey, but hopefully it could still work. In the space selected, the student council together will craft many things, like trees, bushes and fake grass. The space needs to look like the wilderness, with small traps and other stuff.
Next up, the challenges have to be crafted into the event area. These challenges can be almost anything challenging. Some ideas for these include:
-Basketball, one team vs other team. They will play for one round, and whichever one wins, gets to keep on their journey. The other team will get eliminated from the event. If neither team wins, both teams get eliminated.
-Chess with another team, one team vs one team. They will also play for one round, and whoever wins gets to continue.
-The floor is lava! A simple game. There will be a space with some levels, chairs, rocks and others to climb on. A councillor will be watching over this challenge, making sure no one is cheating. Every once in a while, this councillor will yell "The floor is lava!" and the team has to survive. This challenge will only take 5 OOC minutes at maximum, because otherwise it could be too difficult.
-A puzzle, any sort of a puzzle. The team would have to press buttons, find correct buttons, pressure plates and other stuff to work as a team and get everyone out in one round. If every member of the team isn't out in time, the team gets eliminated.
-A simple game of uno! The loser team has to leave the event, while the winner gets to stay.

These are just some challenge ideas. There will always be more! One round will last 15 OOC minutes, so an hour IC. A student council member will follow each team to make sure none of the challenges were cheated, and to make sure all of them were actually made. Once a team has completed all challenges, they will meet up with the remaining teams. If other teams are still alive and well, a quiz about survival will be held. Whoever wins the quiz, wins the game.

2. The week of gifts
Christmas is one of if not the most loved holidays. The Christmas time is the time for your family, friends and your significant other. It is also the time of receiving, and giving gifts. Because of that, in this event all students will first gather to the ballroom. Everyone will write their full name and grade on a paper before returning that paper to a box at the front of the hall. Once everyone is done, the council will make random pairs for every name written in the box, and will then announce them to the students. After all pairs are announced, you will have to remember your pair for the following week, because both of you will be interacting with each other. The pairs will be announced a few days before the new week starts.
Get ready to prepare gifts for 7 days, because you'll be giving... well, 7 gifts in 7 days. During the week of gifts, you will give your pair (or should I say your new friend!) gifts every (OOC) day for a full (OOC) week when seeing each other. Obviously, your pair will give you gifts as well. It is recommended to get your pair's number, so it will be easier to meet up.
Some important rules to note:
-Please do not participate in the event by putting your name on a paper in the hall, unless you are sure to be able to afford or get 7 gifts for each day.
-Please keep in mind that it is not possible to change pairs after they have been announced, you have to be ready to be anyone's pair.
-Not all students are required to join, this event is completely optional!
-If you forget who your pair is, you may always ask about it from the student council as long as you state your name and your grade.

This event would make the most sense during December, but it could be done at any time of the year. The week of gifts would hopefully help people make new friends and make them feel worthy of love! (and gifts)

3. Get to work -day
The get to work day is a day made for students who want to get to know society as a whole, for example working at a shop. On this day, lots of classrooms will be turned into shops, hospitals, police stations and for example banks. The students are going to get hired to these businesses and will work there for a small amount of money. This money can then be used to buy different kinds of stuff from other businesses. Before this day would take place, each student would find themselves a workplace to work in for that day, for example, you hear a teacher is going to have a shop there, selling accessories. You decide you want to also work there on that day, so you ask this teacher if they would hire you. They agree, and the day the work day happens, you will be working at that shop for that day. Everyone that participates in this city project will get multiple breaks around the day, so they could walk around and buy stuff. Even people who aren't participating in the project as workers can go shopping around, although using real yen to buy stuff.
Some business (classroom) ideas include: A regular shop, the police station, a hospital, a news company, a bank, a marketplace, a museum
Some important rules to note:
-You are not allowed to disturb a worker who isn't working to help you. For example, if someone writes newspapers, you have no reason to go yell at them about nonsense.
-Only go shopping during your breaks
-The school day lasts from 8.30-15.00
-You may not join any classes if you are a part of the project

This event would motivate students with getting a job, and will give them an image of what working will look like. Although it isn't completely accurate, it still reflects some realism. It would require a lot of work to carry out this plan, but it would come with a high prize.

-
All of the events above would help students get to know each other and make more friends. Lots of students spend their days alone, and many of them would definitely do something else if they just had a friend.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS
Character Name:
Oriana Uozumi

Character Gender: Female

Character Age: 18 years old

Character phone-number: (030)-094-8079

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality: Oriana is a very friendly and a calm person. She always wants to offer her help to people in need of it, even if it means taking something away from herself. She is a social butterfly, always trying to find people to talk to. Though her friendly personality, she is also capable of being strict with herself and others. Oriana also appreciates art a lot. Whenever a new opera or an art showcase is going on, she will be there.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture): Oriana has blue eyes with long, wavy hair. She has a noticeable beauty mark under her right eye. Oriana loves dressing up in soft feminine clothes, usually in light tones. Oriana always likes to look her best no matter the event, whether it be a quick visit at a friend's house or a performance.
1652018920974.png1652018940156.png1652018961384.png

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?: One of the things that separates me from the other applicants is my patience and willingness to learn. I am ready to give it my all to make up ideas, help other students and learn new skills. I am also extremely active at school and in class. I like to participate in extra work, if it would be possible.

Why do you want this position?: The idea of being a part of the student council excites me, because I want more responsibility and it is one of the things needed in the student council. I love interacting with other students and teachers, and after thinking about it, I realized this would be an amazing use for my social skills and interactions.

What interests you the most about student council?: The school councillors are very good examples of manners, behavior and helpfulness. I want to be a part of that, helping others in need and hosting events or projects with the council. I want to do teamwork and help in making the school much more entertaining and motivating than it already is. Also, joining the council would help me get to know to more great people. The atmosphere the councillors have is overall fun and inspiring.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?: I would do my best to make all students feel safe under the guidance of the student council. It would be the most important thing to me, if I got the position. I want to make everyone in the school feel like they have someone to ask advice from, someone to turn to when in need and someone to help them. I can also bring many ideas to solving problems or hosting events with my creativity. I'm also always willing to learn more skills in order to help the council.

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Pending

- We found your application good, however, the highschool roster is currently full, thus, the application will be left pending until further notice​

Last edited:

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Welcome to Student Council!

Please contact cen#5204 on discord for more information on where to get started!​

[!]
Ping Customable#1590 in the academics discord in #help to receive your roles!

https://discord.gg/4cQstbfsa6

Users who are viewing this thread