What is your Minecraft Username?:

ThatBurningFox

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
None.

What is your timezone?:
UK, BST (GMT+1)

Please provide your Discord tag and Identifier (ExampleName#0001):
TheRealBurningFox#7983

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):
No prior applications.

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity is a bit of a mixed bag in the sense that I have not been around for very long. I have accumulated roughly 24 hours of time on the server in my first week, however, and aim to hop on as much as I can.

List your accounts and roles on this server:
ThatBurningFox - [Grade 10] Miyako Sakai
(Currently my only account. Grade may go up before reviewal process)

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
Absolutely!

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?:
A pseudo-hierarchy within a school environment, the Student Council is a student/management chosen selection of individuals believed to be shining examples of what a student should behave like for utmost success. They enforce rules and guidelines verbally and ensure that their peers behave, always keeping a watchful eye upon their fellow students for any troubles they may have - or perhaps even cause in acts of delinquency. The Student Council bridges the gap between the common student and the school’s faculty, providing a circle of easily approachable and attentive individuals for the more easily intimidated students, ensuring that the school is not only represented well by each student - but also a safe and welcoming place for everyone to be able to study and grow as individuals in their sturdy climb to adulthood. Additionally, the Student Council is responsible for organising events - always vying for ways to upkeep the morale of the students and rewarding those that stay out of trouble.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
My strongest motivation for applying for the position of a council member is my character, who is in my eyes extremely strongly suited for the role. However, I also have a sturdy interest in the way that Student Council members operate in a traditional Japanese school setting and the responsibilities that they face. The stress and burdens that they feel from upholding the rules with little room for compromise - yet brimming with the pride they feel for their school and classmates. I would like Miyako to be able to act as a welcoming face for players that may struggle to find their footing and a vigilant hawk for any troublemakers. Let’s aim for the stars: NO DELINQUENCY! (...If only.)

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Of course. The backbone of the council is its tightly knit circle of like minded students. Together, they make the organisation. I will strive to provide what I can to meet expectations and perhaps even surpass them.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
  1. President - Leader of the council and the one with the most responsibility, the President is tasked with not only being the pinnacle of what it means to be a student, but also with organising and managing the Student Council as a whole; communicating with the teachers frequently and being relied upon as a sense of guidance and making sure that every member is doing things right. If there is something wrong in the Council - the President will no doubt hear of it and be the first to have a try at fixing it!​
  2. Vice President - The right-hand of the Student Council President, they act as a strong pillar of support for the President who takes most of the responsibility. They help keep the President’s workload down by assisting where they can and on days where the President themselves is unavailable, the Vice President can step in and temporarily function as the leader. A failsafe to prevent Student Council anarchy and a very strong asset overall.​
  3. Council Member - The remainder and bulk of the Student Council, the rest of the members exist to uphold the rules and function as a collective group of model students. They have essentially the same stipulation as the Presidents, just with less overall responsibility. Still - they are expected to be proactive rather than reactive and to have some initiative. They should not have to be babysat. The President can’t do it all alone; that’s where the rest of the members come in. The Council Members’ eyes are the Presidents’ eyes, and vice versa!​
  4. Students - The students themselves are naturally extremely important in the function of the Student Council. They are what the Student Council represents and set an example for. The student body is what gives the Student Council a purpose to begin with - acting as a voice for the collective and keeping a watchful eye on them, but they are also valued classmates that provide morale and satisfaction to the members. They are worth working hard for - keeping them on the right path is what the Council should strive toward.​
  5. Faculty - Needless to say, the faculty plays a significant role in the success of the Council as the school staff are part of the overall governing bodies of the school that lay down the ground rules to begin with. Of course, faculty does not just encapsulate the Principal and Teachers - every single faculty member plays a part in the Student Council by working toward making the school successful. From the Caretakers that keep the school grounds pristine and beautiful, making it something to be proud of - to the Counsellors that talk to the students and perhaps even Council Members themselves about deeper issues to ensure the happiness is maintained overall - to of course, the Senior Leadership Team that holds the responsibility of dealing with students that are deemed much too troublesome for the school to be able to keep any longer. It’s all a big circle of turning gears and everybody plays a part making the school what it is.​

SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

Seeing the argument, I’d first assess the two and the immediate risk they pose to each other. If they seem like they are going to fight at any moment, then I’d step in immediately to break it up; though if it seems like they are simply yelling at each other, I’d use the fact that they were not paying me any heed to try to understand, at least briefly, what they are arguing about. From there, I would step in and break it up - calmly asking them why they were fighting. If they seemed too fired up by being in the same room, then I would pull them aside separately to ask for their account of the situation individually. With an explanation of the ordeal, I would then simply do what I could to solve it - IDEALLY so that they were both satisfied. I’d give them both a warning for the harassment/disorderly conduct at the minimum, escalating it with my fellow council members or the school faculty if necessary.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
Trying to pursue them is probably a fruitless endeavour, so I’d simply alert faculty to the masked individual running around the school with a description of the clothes they were wearing, while also patrolling around and keeping an eye out to see if I could find them again and perhaps get the drop on them. If I am lucky, I would be able to catch them without their mask. No matter the case, however, it would be something that would need to be alerted to the teachers to escalate.

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
I would push in to speak with the councillor directly and get their attention with something perhaps related to the council, with the goal being to change the focus from the scared student. This would get said student out of the uncomfortable situation and give them an opportunity to leave and recover. Following that, I would ask my fellow council member why they were being so harsh and at least hear their side, finding out if the student actually needed to be punished or not, before explaining that they were being too forceful. I’d encourage them to keep in mind their emotions, that they can’t let themselves get too worked up. I’d also remind them that they are meant to be the bridge between the students and teachers and not an intimidating bully. Rash and forceful conduct is inappropriate, especially from those that are meant to lead by example. I’d then ask them to apologise to the student, overseeing it to make sure things go okay. I’d then talk to one of the Presidents about the ordeal so they could handle it how they saw fit, given that the image of the Council could have been slightly shaken by the behaviour.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
It happens! I’d simply communicate that I missed some details that might have been important and ask for one of the people in the meeting to fill me in on them; whether that’s by calling them or speaking face to face, as long as I clear up the missing information, everything is good. Teamwork makes the dreamwork. Or something like that.

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
Well, first, I would be most certainly surprised! But a teacher is the authority and should not be disrespected. I would politely bow, and inquire them as to what I was doing that was going against conduct, sincerely. I would hear out any complaint they may have and work toward fixing it. If it seemed to be a misunderstanding, I would not get mad about it, simply accept that they happen. Though if it was a case of me actually stepping out of line, then I would most certainly have to do some personal reflection on the matter and make sure that it doesn’t happen again, speaking to one of the Council Presidents if necessary for extra guidance.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):
  • Blind Runners - The students in the event are divided into pairs. Each pair will decide on who will be the runner, or the guide - with the runner being blindfolded and put up to a miniature obstacle course/maze, the guide being tasked with simply guiding them through it, to the end. The catch, however, is that the runner is only allowed to move when the guide gives them an instruction! Whether that’s taking a single step to the left, or moving forward until they touch a wall, they are only allowed to do those instructions and nothing more. The goal is to get your runner to the end of the course as fast as possible - relying on creative thinking with instructions and complete trust on the runner’s part. The students could also rotate, with each pair taking a turn as both the runner and guide, with their total time as a pair being added together to get the total. The three (or more) pairs with the lowest times overall in the event get a reward of some kind! Teachers or Council Members would supervise each run and ensure that cheaters are disqualified, with of course SOME leeway being allowed for misinputs or general excitement on the runner’s part.​
  • The Great Escape Room - Gasp! What’s this?! A smaller scale event that could be run multiple times, the Great Escape Room would see one of the class or club rooms in the school slightly redecorated and changed to have puzzles hidden inside. With one of the Student Council or Teachers acting as a mysterious ‘guide’ to help the lost find their way through instructions and hints, the Students would have to combine their wit and creativity to figure out the solutions to riddles and puzzles in a bid to get the key. Only then do they have the ability to leave the classroom… but they can’t take too long, oh no - time is ticking! Each group would be graded on their teamwork, time taken and general enthusiasm, with the best teams getting rewarded. Puzzles would range from colour coded block sequences to figuring out where to place certain items. This event would HEAVILY encourage roleplay between the groups involved, rather than relying on Minecraft mechanics.​

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name:

Miyako Sakai

Character Gender:
Female

Character Age:

Character phone-number:
(+81) (030)-838-1056

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
Determined and prideful, Miyako is the embodiment of a perfectionist. Flawed as she may be at times, she has a strong drive toward being the best she can be, holding a deep love for a community feeling within the school. Obsessed with the idea of being a model student for the sake of her own and the school’s image, Miyako is stubborn, yet overall warm: she yearns for her fellow students to also aim high; not at all afraid to throw herself into a tricky situation if she believes it to be beneficial for everyone. She is prone to showing her t***** side when faced with people that clash with her ideals, however, putting her foot down and speaking her mind - though it is all because she cares that much about her peers and what she believes in. Perhaps intimidating to some, yet soft with those that need her to be, Miyako’s strong heart beats for success - for the school as a whole.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
I do not compromise. Where others may let their attachments to their friends get in the way, turning a blind eye so they avoid trouble, I will absolutely not. I believe that the ‘trouble’ is necessary, for consequences are important in life and help those that act out get back on the right path. I believe that my sense of honour and drive for perfection is unparalleled. I will be vigilant and alert. But I will also be compassionate and careful. I understand that every student’s needs are different and so I aim to meet these needs.

Why do you want this position?:
I have a strong sense of pride for the school and my fellow classmates. I want to see them succeed and be there to let them be the best they can be just like Karakura High aims for. I really believe that I care, that my actions show as much. I want to be able to help people through their troubles and be a shoulder they can rely on for support. I want to be able to put people on the right path. I strongly believe that this position would let me contribute to my fullest. I would be able to lead by example and help the school shine.

What interests you the most about student council?:
Their organisation and their sense of justice! I want to be part of the students that guide others to be better. Seeing them in school and how they do things, their influence and diligence in patrolling. It really inspires me. I’ve also had a small tour in the Student Council’s room and it looked really cosy. I’d love to have tea there and discuss plans for the day as a group. I believe that everyone in the council will no doubt share my mindset, too, so I’d love to get to meet them all properly and work together with them.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
I’d be contributing all of my attention. No delinquents in my sight would be able to cause any trouble as long as I am there. My presence alone acts as deterrence, but I would also be aiming to understand why people are the way they are and work with them to fix themselves. I would like to make the school safer overall this way. Cutting down the delinquent activity by reforming them outright, to the best of my ability. I’d also be aiming to keep things interesting where possible. If I see anyone that looks lost in the school, I’d reach out to them and help them. Finding where they need to go, or getting them something to enjoy, either works!

Whew! That was an intense write - I hope it isn’t too hard to read. The events section was tricky simply because I was trying to think of what would work with Minecraft's limitations in mind, but I think I came up with something adequte!

Thank you for your time in checking over my application!​

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

Thank you for taking the time to apply, The Council found your application great, however, The council have decided to place this application on pending until the council falls out of ratio.

If you have any questions, please contact @Customable on discord​

Last edited:

jaaaayla

Level 199
Council Lead
Jaeyla
Jaeyla
Fundraiser+
ACCEPTED
Congratulations on your application being accepted. Please ping @[Dean] gotsnapped in the RPH academic's discord's help channel for your roles.

Users who are viewing this thread