Level 8
Zoey159
Zoey159
Omega
GENERAL INFORMATION
What is your Minecraft Username?:

Zoey159

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
None that I am aware of. I plan to keep it this way.

What is your timezone?:
EST

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?:
Mhm! My discord is bee#2172

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):
https://schoolrp.net/threads/german-language-application-zoey159.51549/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/german-language-application-x2-zoey159.51678/ - Approved
https://schoolrp.net/threads/zoey159s-jsl-application.53419/ - Approved

Describe your activity on the server?:
I’d like to say I’m pretty active! I’m online nearly every weekday from around 3:30/4pm-9pm EST, and online practically all day on the weekends. There are, of course, days where I’m less active, or simply not online, as I do occasionally have things going on IRL, and I am still a student.

List your accounts and roles on this server?:
[F+] Zoey159 [Grade-12] Bee M. Hofmann-Saito

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
I am 100% aware! This is entirely fair, you need active members, and I accept any consequences if I am inactive for a long period of time. I doubt I’ll be offline for more than 2-3 days at a time, unless, of course, I am on vacation, which I will absolutely let the council/staff team know.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is student council and what do they do?:

The student council is the student-run organization that, in general, helps the school out! They’re the ones responsible for creating and organizing the fun pep rallies we, as students, get to take part in. They’re the ones that come up with all these fun, student events we get to have fun at! They’re also responsible for keeping the school’s environment healthy, fun, and engaging. They keep students, and staff at times, engaged and involved in our school! They keep the toxicity down in our school’s environment, and overall attempt to make the relationships between each student lively and great. The student council is responsible for enforcing our school’s rules throughout the day on school grounds, and they make sure everybody within the school follows, and abides by these rules. Councilors are often seen patrolling the halls, and looking out for any misbehavior. If a student is having issues, the student council is who they should be going to to sort out these issues, if they’re unable to locate one of our many staff members.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
It’s simply a big interest of mine! OOCly, I’ve been a part of multiple school ‘council’-y related organizations and groups, and I’ve also been a part of school event teams and committees! I’ve been a part of dance committees, my school government team, and have been part of the officer team for a student-run organization my school takes part in. With this student-run organization, specifically, I’ve been to various meetings and ‘camps’, where I’ve actively used my leadership skills, and improved them. This year, I’m planning on going to another leadership camp for a new organization I’ve joined. Overall, I just think it’s sort of up my alley. The student council team plays many roles, as I stated in the above question, that I actively do in my day-to-day life. Around my school, I help to enforce the rules that we have, and I help to maintain the healthy and engaging environment we have. I’m also just super into coming up with fun ideas to do around the school. I enjoy being able to put my creativity into these sorts of events!

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Yes I am! I’m completely aware that my creativity and teamwork skills will be needed. I’m quite excited for that, actually! Creating and working through school/team events sounds quite fun, and I cannot wait to share any ideas I may have!

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
COUNCIL ROLES:
  • Council President: For starters, the council’s president! This is the ‘leader,’ if you will, of the school council. This is the person who has the most sway when it comes to council decisions and activities, and I would say is the most important member! They’re the one who leads our school council, and is often a very involved figure in school-related things.​
  • Council Vice-President: Our lovely vice-president! This person does the same as the council president. They step in when the president is unable to be there for whatever reason, and help our president make decisions best fit for our school, and help lead alongside them!​
  • Councilors: The councilors, of course! These are the people we often see patrolling our school building, catching any acts of toxicity, and misbehavior! They help to make decisions that involve our school, and are typically very involved with school matters! They’re the ones that sprout ideas for school events, and they help to organize and put these events together!​
  • Council Advisors: Any council advisors we may have! These are the adults who help to supervise our school council. These are other school staff members tasked with working with our school council, and they help our school council with decision making, and our events!​
IMPORTANT ROLES:
  • Fellow Students: Students are, I would say, the most crucial role to our council! These are the people we organize the school events for, and these are the people whose opinions we take into account when organizing any school functions, and when we make and enforce our rules!​
  • Teachers & Employees: Our school staff team! Just like the students, we want to involve our school’s staff with events we may make! They’re just as supportive as our students are, and are often there to help us with whatever help we may need!​
  • Principal & Vice-Principal: These are the leaders of our school! These are the individuals that we finalize any functions and events we may create, and they have the final say in what we do! They have the power to approve or deny whatever we may come up with.​

SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

I would first take a moment to pause, and simply observe the scene before me. I need to be able to see just what exactly is going on, and to get my bearings on the situation. After taking a slight moment, I would then approach them. I would let them know that harassment of any kind isn’t tolerated in our school, and that they need to split apart. If they simply ignored this, I would then threaten them with detention, and attempt to move them apart, whether that be solo or with the help of a staff member, or another council member.
Assuming this got them to pay attention, they would receive the threatened detention, and whatever necessary punishment, and that would be that. However, if they didn’t, I would do anything in my power to grab their attention. Whether that be raising my voice, or using other nonviolent physical forms.
Harassment of all kinds simply isn't tolerated. The two harrassing each other would need to be stopped efficiently, and quickly, preferably.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
If this were to happen, I would take in whatever details of the student I could. I would then try to radio another council member, and/or the staff, to let them know what has just occurred. I then would follow/chase after the student, refusing to take a mask off after being told to is, well, straight up disrespect. Masks are clearly against our school rules, and I cannot let this slide. If I’m able to catch the student, then I’d bring them over to an available staff member. If I’m unable to, then I would continue searching, either alone or with help, until we find them.

There seems to be a councilor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
Abuse of powers is, obviously, highly against the rules. There are many ways I could approach this situation, but I will narrow it down to one. If I were to witness this, I would take a moment to observe the situation. I need to know as much knowledge as I can, so that I can later report them to our council president. Once observed, I would approach the councilor. I would let them know that what they had just done was incredibly wrong, and misusing our powers of authority is not how we function. I would then apologize to the student, letting them know that none of what the councilor did was okay. I would then make the councilor apologize, as one should, and report them.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
This is simple. I wouldn’t hide the fact that I’d missed any information, as that could heavily backfire. I would take a moment to find a council member that had attended the meeting, and ask them about what I missed or simply didn’t understand. I’d thank them, and even help if they’d missed something too! It only seems fair.

A teacher/receptionist has told you or done something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
The school’s staff has far more authority than I do. So, at the moment, I would simply acknowledge them, and continue through my duties. However, given the chance, I would inform a higher up of what has happened. I would think I’d know when something is opposite or against that of what I’ve been trained to do. I don’t have any authority over the staff, though, so that would have to be that.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):
I had two ideas – One for a club, and one for the council to use!
Council - School-Wide Bonfire! - This is exactly what it sounds like, the student council sets up a bonfire for the school to enjoy! This is an event I always see happening at my school, and schools near me. And while I haven’t personally partaken in it, it’s always been such a fun idea to me, as I’m always seeing how all kinds of students are able to bond during them. There are tons of spaces around the town where this could be set up; we could use the beach, we could use the empty plot near the town hall, or we could find a space on school grounds to host it, like the gym or the yard outside! It’s pretty flexible. This would be an event where Bobcats and Spartans can put aside their differences, and just bond as a school! We could offer live music from local bands, making a little stage for them. Food vendors could also be added, particularly a cafe, for the sweet treats that bonfires are known for!

Clubs - Show & Feast! - Okay, this event would be similar to those, like, food and entertainment things! Like Medieval Times, and similar shows. In these events/shows, there's some sort of entertainment going on, while people are served food! I thought this would be an adorable event for the school, and a chance to show off our student-led clubs! For this event specifically, I would love to see the drama and cooking clubs to work together! The Drama Club for the ‘entertainment’, which would be some sort of play, and the Cooking Club for the food! We might even be able to have a couple other clubs tag along, specifically the Photography Club! It’d be so nice to have them capture this event. The Fashion and Art clubs could potentially join in too, for the roleplay purpose of costumes and backdrops!

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS
Character Name:

Bee M. Hofmann-Saito

Character Gender:
Unlabeled, AFaB | Any Pronouns

Character Age:
18 years.

Character phone-number:
030-761-0847

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
Overall, Bee has a positive personality. Bee’s a very hardworking individual, both in school, and out of school. One can clearly see this while they do their schoolwork, and while they work at their job! They also love to help out their peers, and can often be seen helping out whoever sits by them in class. Bee can be described as a natural-born leader; they aren’t afraid to take charge when it’s necessary. They do, however, view the world from a ‘Realist’ point of view. They view the world neither positively, nor negatively. They simply view it as it is. They have a great sense of perception, and they’re able to view the impacts a decision or choice may make, on both sides.
Bee’s the person their friends call on when they need help. They’re the person that’s called when somebody needs a piece of advice, and when they want the honest truth. Bee doesn’t sugarcoat things, they’ll straight up tell you their honest opinion. That color on you? It doesn’t suit your undertone, go with the other one. That guy you brought over for them to meet? He’s trouble, please don’t settle on him. This aspect can be both good or bad, it simply depends on the situation. Bee can also be an incredibly serious person. There have been times they’ve put their friends in their place. Bee will not tolerate any rule-breaking on their watch, and will not tolerate harassment, or bullying of any kind.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
Bee’s figure is rather lean and ectomorphic, yet also quite strong, with broader shoulders, and an overall androgynous build. They stand just over 5’2, with freckles scattering all over their fair body. They have an oval-shaped face, with a nicely defined jawline. Their nut brown eyes appear to be rather tired, and are framed by long and thick eyelashes, and typically a pair of glasses. Curse the bad vision! Bee’s hair roughly reaches just past their chin, and is an absolute mess of curls! Color-wise, it’s a light brown, with reddish hues to it, reminding one of autumn. They have a few ear piercings as well.
1671810083600.png

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
“I would like to believe that the experience I have, and the abilities/skills I possess are what separates me from the other applicants. I have a lot of experience with leading. I come from a bigger family, and have tons of cousins. As a child, I was… Bossy. I was always getting my cousins, both younger and older, to follow me, and do what I wanted to do. My parents used to joke that I would end up with some sort of government job, where I would lead people everyday. I don’t want that sort of job, but the point still stands. I’m a leader. I have experience in leading, and have many leadership abilities. I’m able to joke around when it’s the time to, and also tell people to cut it out when it’s needed. I also have a very creative mindset. Ideally, I would love to have a future, and a job, in some sort of artsy subject. I’m very good at coming up with things, and following through with ideas I may have. That being said, I will be able to come up with fun event ideas for our council to do for our school. I already have a mental list of ideas! I’m also just a very hardworking person. You can ask any of my teachers, or even my boss. I’ve always worked hard at whatever I’m doing, whether it be a school assignment, delivering food to people, or helping somebody out.”

Why do you want this position?:
“I suppose I want this position simply to help out with our school. I absolutely love our school. At its peak, it’s a very lovely place. We have an amazing environment within our building, and I simply want to add to that. I want to be able to engage with my fellow students, and to help out where it’s needed. I believe that I could contribute to our school in a positive way, and leave a positive impact. I want to be able to help my fellow students, and to partake in the creation of fun events that help our students socialize with one another. I would also like the chance to be a positive role model to other students. I’ve been at this school for a while, and I know first-hand that not every student has that role model that they can look up to. I want to be that for them. I want to show them what it’s like to lead, and what good they are able to do in this world. I want to be a strong example for them to look to when they need it. Being a part of the student council could give me that opportunity.”

What interests you the most about student council?:
“To be quite honest, I’m most interested in the leadership opportunities, and experiences this council would give me. I’m a firm believer that a person’s ability to be a leader when needed, and just possessing leadership abilities, is a key necessity of life. There’s going to be a time in everybody’s life where they’re going to need to be that leader. I would like to have the extra experiences and the opportunity to enhance and hone my own leading skills now, and I believe that being a part of this council could give me that. I’m also interested in the overall event-planning aspect. I believe that this part could give me a creative outlet to simply brainstorm, and to give the school a fun function or event to attend.”

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
“By joining this council, I would be bringing and contributing my creative skills and mindset, and my overall leadership abilities to the table. I’d like to say I’m quite a creative person. I’m absolutely in love with every possible creative aspect of life; I paint, I draw, I design, I even do a little bit of music on the side. I’m able to bring unique planning and event ideas to the table when needed, and I’d be able to expand upon any other ideas council members may have. Leadership-wise, I’d say I’m quite responsible, and a natural born leader. I’m always on top of my classes, and I often contribute towards ideas, and get my work done on time. I always work to keep people on track with our school rules, and will not hesitate to call out any rule-breaking and misbehavior.”
“I will be the fun and bubbly councilor when the time is right. Councilor vs Volleyball team dodgeball match? I’m in, we’ve got this! But I will absolutely put my foot down when the time is right, as well. Somebody getting harassed in the hallways? That’s absolutely unacceptable, off to detention, and the principal with you.”​

Last edited:

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

Thank you for taking the time to apply and welcome to the student council

To get started please ping @[Vice-Dean] Tasselled in the RPH academic's discord's help channel.
From there, please contact your appropriate council lead

If you have any questions, please contact Customable#1590 on discord​

Users who are viewing this thread