players online

HS Student Council Application

mootascoota

Level 1

GENERAL INFORMATION
What is your Minecraft username?:
mootqvo

Any previous warns/kicks/bans?:
No warns or bans. Only have been kicked once for a role-change concerning my age.

What is your timezone in GMT?:
CST || GMT-6 ~ I'm located in Texas.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord username)?:
moomoo#9730.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
As of now, I don't have any previous applications that I've applied for. This is my first one.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
On SRP, I'm on for about 9+ hours, at most. Though on days I have online school I spend my time attending to my work and other school based activities. So, that being said; that'll be the reason if my activity tends to decrease now and again. I want to keep up on what needs to be done concerning my education, nonetheless. I'll still be as active, just not as much as I'd like to due to such circumstances! On the forums, I pop on once in a while— I'd say on a regulars basis, but it's every other day, a consistent pace to look and see if there's anything new regarding rules, important updates, suggestions towards the server or forums. Or, I spend my time reading biographies since they're some really nice ones.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS
What is the student council?:
The student council is a group of students that are elected by their peers and volunteers to look over and care for issues and concerns their pupils might have— they're the voice of the student body. They have the power to deal with students who sullage to follow a set of rules, as well as give them detention if need be. The council organizes school events / activities, make sure everyone is following the rules, and contributes in the school spirit in the best ways they can, providing ideas, finance or opinions. They work together as a group to make sure that a safe, enjoyable and peaceful environment is given and settled for the students— not only that, the council gives students an opportunity to develop leadership, teamwork and communication skills of all sorts which can help in the long-run. Those skills are useful both in university and outside in the world. Weather it's for a class, collaborations or job applications.

Who or what brought you to applying for the student council? (e.g. a friend, colleague, etc):
I've seen a few members of the council around and about, they've always interested me and sparked my curiosity since they seemed to be having fun. Plus, a few friends of mine suggested that I apply. So, I decided to give it a go! Personally, for me, I've never been a councilor before, nor have I interacted with one, but I think it would be a fun and intriguing experience to better myself with. Other than that, I always enjoyed the thought of helping one another and making sure others know they're heard and comfortable.

What does the school council of Karakura do?:
The Student Council of Karakura keeps their students in check when it comes down to discipline and reinforces a strict set of rules that wholly need to be followed; as well as making sure they also hold respect for teachers, and guidelines that are set in stone.
The council assists school staff and aid to manage school grounds. They host meetings to go over ideas, and talk over concerns and issues someone may have, planning events that are enjoyable for both adults and students alike. They tend to watch over the school, just in case an emergency breaks out or they're needed for a particular task.

How would you describe your work ethic?:
I'd like to say that I have a sustainable work ethic. Once I'm set to do something, I take my time to get it down properly and as it should be. Being able to learn as I go is always enjoyable for me, since I find it gives me even more motivation to get better and work harder. Being kept busy, on my feet, and making sure things are in order is something I have no problem with dealing with. It's fun for me I'd say. Being able to see that my work as made someone else's task easier or valuing my work fills me with a strong sense of joy, knowing that all my hard work paid off and I was helpful towards another individual.

What interests you the most about the student council?:
What interests me is the role itself is quite different from all the other roles that are scattered around SRP. It holds far much of a different feel I believe. Most of the students tend to gravitate towards popularity in school, but the Student Council takes pride in helping the school as a whole. I've never experienced such an important role before— so I feel it would be a big step for me to take! The aspect of needing to work hard, will help me learn and improve.

Do you have past experience in roleplaying (if so, summarize your experience)?:
I do! I've been roleplaying for 6+ years. ( Including SRP and NonSRP. )
For SRP, I've been on the server early 2015 til' now, the present. I have been on and off I will admit, but I've grown more fond and addicted to the server lately the more I've gotten into the groove of things. I'm always happy to keep getting better with it's new ways, which I've done great so far in doing.

SCENARIOS
You are on the student council and a member submits an awful idea. What do you do?:
If that were to take place, I’d hear them out at first— everyone has their opinions, and their own ideas that seem to be most appealing to them than others. After, I’d respectfully lay down the idea, letting them know that perhaps another idea would be better; being I didn’t find any connection to it, as well as others who feel the same. I would either try and help make their idea better, or lead them towards a more, newer idea that’s more suitable.

You submit an idea - everyone hates it. How do you deal with the situation?:
I would understand! Not everyone thinks the same as you, and feel the same as you, and that’s alright. I would ask the opposing party what I could do to make my idea better, fitting— making sure I listen and really take it in if there was said changes needed to be done. If the idea is a total bust, I set out a new one that can be more useful.

There is a split decision on an idea. The councilors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on, the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?:
Ah! First, I would do my best to settle everyone down, always harder to talk and take in information if you're yellin’ and barkin’ at one another about a topic— it isn’t good overall. After the argument would come to a close, I’d ask around and see what we could do and see where everyone's viewpoints are. Listen to one another and see what everyone agrees with,

A councilor is stirring up problems and abusing their position on school grounds! What would you do?:
What I’ve learned in life is that it’s always important to get both sides of the story, regardless if there are multiple parties. Since you can really know both sides of the spectrum when trying to figure out the problem, one could alter another if you only have one side. I would then let them know they’re using their power in an unethical way, be firm yet respectfully, and ask if they could put an end to their behavior for it isn’t right. If they fail to comply, I’ll take it up with a higher-up to settle and deal with the situation at hand.

The council president says something you completely disagree with, how would you combat this?:
I’d hearken and let them finish, then I’d flesh out my opinion just in-case there was any misunderstandings. If they still disagree I would respect their decisions and ask what I could do to make my idea better or listen to others ideas as I should try and find a better solution than the one I had offered.

There’s a staggering amount of tension/drama between two councilors. It’s beginning to affect their work ethic; how would you try to help?:
I would recommend they’d speak to one another to roll out any miscommunications and or drama to put a closing end to such, after I get both sides of the story; such as, why did it happen in the first place? Was there something in particular that set things off? I’d do my best to give a helping hand. But, of course not apologize for them since it’s their wrong doing. So, both parties won’t get in any trouble and be removed from their current position.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS
Character Name:
Honko Chiba

Character Gender:
Androgynous

Character Age:

Character phone-number:
(81+) 256840732

Brief summary of how they act- your character’s personality:
They has a shy/timid outer shell— but Honko is an outgoing, and bubbly being once you get to know them personally, warming up to others isn't too hard when their intentions are genuine and their kind. They're passionate about their craft, topics and things they take pride in and do. Honko is kind to everyone, always happy to help others, very expressive. Some would say they're way to bubbly, but when needed they can be serious and firm, letting no-one shake them. Respectful, has a ton of patience and tolerance overall.

Character appearance/attire:
Honko is 5'2, with a slightly pudgy yet fit build. They weigh 130lbs. They have soft, read hair and dark brown eyes with milky, brown skin to match. They're features are more soft and innocent looking, always looking as if they're pondering on about something. Their clothing varies, but they prefer more of an oversized fit, or a lose fit, being they dislike tight clothing since it makes them rather uncomfortable for the most part. If needed they'll wear such.
skin located below !!
[ https://namemc.com/skin/bcabb878eb347f2d ]

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
I believe what separates me from others seeking this position is my upmost dedication and devotion I'd put into such matters of being apart of student council, a member. I'd be more than happy to put as much time needed into this position, for I always do my best and work hard, even if I have to learn certain things along the way, I'll always remain motivated and subpar; doing what needs to be done, do and follow through whatever is needed of me— doing tasks, and errands, helping other members, staff. For I think of myself to have a strong work ethic when it comes to certain things such as this. I always keep on-top of things. I think I would make a great addiction to the team.

Why do you want this position?:
I was this position because it'll offer me a whole new experience for me. I would like to put myself in a place where I can help students and the school in ways from a different point of view— how different it is from others. The impact. You can work beside those whom have the desire to help their pupils and the environment they're in. I've always found that thought to spark and ignite a flame with me; it all seems very endearing, enticing even. I'd love to indulge myself in such matters and be apart of that position of being able to contribute and guide others, make others smile and feel safe, feel heard. It's what's important!

What interests you the most about student council?:
As I said before, what interests me the most is how different the student council is from other the students that roam about the school. I understand other roles, you can work as a team— that's no misconception. Though, the council is much more different in ways. You can offer guidance and help students mature, helping them become better whilst still making sure the school is under control. You have more of an impact, weather it's minor or major.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
If I were to take part in being a member of the student council, I would contribute by doing my best in making the environment enjoyable and fun for the students of Karakura. I'd be sure to chip in and help with new, thrilling ideas and events and activities. Weather it's the finance or helping in anyway that I can. I'd make sure that all the student body is obeying the rules and guidelines and not being biased. I'd make sure that those whom are new, or aren't feel welcomed and heard if they voice any opinions. Take any suggestions, recommendations. I'll keep track of my own opinions as well and sending them as such!

Last edited:

oph

Level 165
ACCEPTED
───────────

You have been accepted as a Councillor!
Your application has been decided by the council higherups to be applicable enough to become a student councilor

. . .
Make sure to join the KA discord, by clicking HERE
and request your rank in #roles and then ping any SLT online to get the role.
You may also do the same to get it in-game, or just ask in /help; If you have any questions, DM a president or a vice.

Users who are viewing this thread