https_bugz

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
cheezeballs#0643

How old are you? (Optional):
20 years old

What is your time zone?:
EST (Canada)

Describe your activity on the server:
I would say my activity is 7/10. Reason being, I work and am a full time college student getting my advanced BA. I like to log on whenever I have free time, like after school I'll log on for a few hours and on weekends i'll log on to play as I have a lot more free time. As of recently, I took a small break due to hospitalization but I am normally pretty good with being active everyday, if not every weekend or every few days.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
N/A

I have been warned before due to a minor thing such as farming. It was quickly resolved as I was sitting at my computer and simply forgot to move around before I went AFK.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I completely understand that if I am inactive I am at risk for being demoted. If I see that I may be away for a long period of time, I will be sure to create an inactivity log and speak to someone about my prolonged inactivity.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
KHS Counsellor

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
A counselor has many responsibilities.
A counselor's position within the school is to provide for other students, giving them the tools and resources to succeed in their academic future, career path and personal lives. Within the counselor's role they have many personal traits that carry into their work, such as, being respectful, open-minded, trustworthy and resourceful. A counselor should be able to assess someone's struggles and work with them to form a resolution to help make their lives easier. Providing them with tools and exercises accustom to their everyday lives, making them see the importance of small baby steps in their journey along the way.
A counselor's job isn't always just focused on their mental health, but also to their academic futures and their future careers as well. Getting a student on the right path, while also helping them develop as a student and giving them small boosts to get them to achieve good grades and habits is just a important key to a good academic path. Whilst also helping them sort through struggles they may experience with big life decisions, such as, careers and job opportunities outside of school. It is a counselor's job to have a student's needs and goals as a priority.

Counselor's Important Skills

Nonverbal Communication (body language)Open-MindedJudgement FreeStrategicActive Listener
Self-AwarenessRespectfulCivilTrustworthinessInterpretation
Emotional Compartmentalization
(maintaining professional boundaries)
ConfidentialityRecord KeepingNote TakingInformation Recall

These are all just some important skills I could think of that come into play in the counselor role.
I think it is also important to note that a counselor has role to others as well, not limiting their capability to students.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have experience on multiple servers that were roleplay based, SRP became my primary source of roleplay after I lost interest in the other servers. As for OOC experience, I come from many years of theater and drama. I have stepped into the shoes of many different characters and had to act out scenes that may not have been my "normal".
As for SRP, Here is a small list of things I have experienced roleplay wise.

School Sport Teams

Being on a part of a school's sport team has opened my eyes to a whole new world of roleplay. Being a part of multiple different teams has taught me that every one has slight differences that make up the team in the end. While on a team I have learnt how to manage my time to attend practices, hosting as well as attending small events, practicing a routine and writing out actions ahead of time and also having to keep and maintain a decent social life.

Shops

I have had an opportunity to work at a few shops throughout my time on SRP. While being a part of a shop's small employee count, I have learnt how to time manage, host openings, schedule employees for each shift, and meeting quotas at the end of each month. I have also had to help out on other things such as small events, inventory and paychecks. This has given me a chance to continue roleplaying as a college student, yet still hold a decent amount of responsibility.

Town Faction

I spent several months, if not, a year or so a part of the town faction. Learning and adapting to a new roleplaying method such as this can be challenging at the beginning due to the information overload. During my time i've done a great amount of work such as information recall, emotional compartmentalization, time management, multitasking as well as maintaining a professional stance during difficult times or situations. Whilst doing all of this, I also got more and more comfortable with writing actions and doing trials in front of my citizens and being able to provide information to those who asked.

School Faction

Whilst in the School's faction, I had to manage my time in order to meet the end of the month's quota, along with having to maintain a good amount of knowledge to apply it to the work I was actually doing (I struggled...). I had to perform every task as someone that students looked up to, and looked to for guidance when they were struggling with homework or just simply daily life things. As a tutor, I also got a good grasp of what rules were like and how I was able to reinforce them when they needed to be.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
I would love to rejoin the School Employee faction for a few reasons. Playing the tutor role was one of the first roles I had on SRP, I enjoyed everything about it and what challenges came along with it. As a tutor it took some time to adapt to the new style of roleplaying that was required, however, after I had gotten a good grasp of the job I never wanted to leave. I learned a lot about how the school functioned, the rules applied, and the work that was involved when playing as an employee which made the experience all that much better.
Unfortunately, I wanted to do so much more after many months playing in the role. I wanted to apply to become a teacher, however, I doubted my ability to successfully do so. That was until I saw the town faction and wanted to give that a shot and see how well I would do. After almost an entire year of roleplaying within the town faction as a lawyer, I began to miss the environment of the school and wanted to be more involved within the server and connect with people I used to be around. As much as I love the town faction and everyone in it, I didn't find it to peak my interest anymore as more and more people are being accepted and want a chance to roleplay as a government employee.

When I first began looking for other roles to apply for, I couldn't find anything besides a psychiatrist within EMS. That was until the announcement was made for the counsellor position returning! I immediately wanted to apply, as not only did I miss the roleplay as an employee but it was also in the field that I was looking to be a part of. I truly believe that I could strive in this role, not only because of roleplay but also because of my oocly knowledge on the school's faction and the role itself. I took a year of schooling in psychology, thinking that it was my comfort subject, however, I then left to pursue business and then HR. I am now specializing in the HR wellness sector of the program. The wellness sector is strongly tied to psychology, just focusing more on the employee and work mental health sections. I believe that I can bring a lot to the role, hopefully getting the chance to bring my knowledge to the new and improved counsellor role and make it great.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
[Adult] Mireya Colmenares
[College Cheerleader][Bachelors] Ines Matsuoka

Previous Roles:
[Lawyer]

[Tutor]
[Journalist]
[College Baseball]
[College Basketball]

Situations
━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
Mireya would calmly approach the student, asking them to calm down and take a few deep breaths. If the student complied with her easily, Mireya would simply try to establish the reasoning behind the sudden remark and verbal outburst. If the student seemed to have a lot going on that tied into the outburst, she would attempt to go through the situation with the student, in hopes of them learning from their mistakes and ways to avoid something like it from happening in the future. In the scenario where the student didn't comply and continued on, she would issue the student a warning - possibly a detention slip (depending on the situation).

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Mireya would immediately jump into action, approaching the students and demanding them to stop and separate. Upon her warning, if the students wished to carry on and ignore her, she would ask for assistance from a co-worker who was in the area to help separate the fight. She would attempt to get an explanation from the students once the fight had calmed down, teaching them about their mistakes and how to avoid it in the future. In the case where the student continued on, an SLT would be advised of the situation as Mireya wouldn't want to get in the middle and possibly get hurt.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Mireya would assess the situation quickly before approaching the co-worker. She would simply try to catch their attention before pulling them off to the side somewhere private, in hopes of understanding their behavior. She would go through the situation with them, explaining the issue to the best she could before trying to work with them to resolve the conflict or problem. If the co-worker were to disregard it, she would report the incident to an SLT in hopes of having them handle the employee.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?:
Mireya is quite a social yet awkward person, having a large yet loud family can do that to ones self over time. Mireya isn't someone to make a lot of commotion, however, she does like to get in on the new gossip or tea that's going on between other co-workers. She tends to remain quiet unless she is spoken to, but she does have bat ears... she hears everything. So depending on when you catch her, she'll either ask how your day is going or talk your ears off if she's not listening into other gossip.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me Shuffled her way down the hall, her multiple keys hanging on a small hello kitty lanyard would jingle with every small movement she made. As the not so quiet girl kept on walking she would glance up, only to see a student standing a few feet away and waving at her. Her almost always glossed lips would smack open before hearing a very enthusiastic "hello!" coming from her.

/me Clicked her tongue to the roof of her mouth as she stared at this piece of paper, finally finding the sentence she was looking for "AHA! I found it.". Reaching over to her small minitour cup holder, her fingers twiddled around a few of the highlighters before grabbing a hold on a purple one. She'd place the cap in her mouth, pulling to open it and highlighting the sentence. She'd quickly close it before throwing it back into her cup and then stapling the pieces of paper together, eventually, she placed it in a folder with a students name on it and filed it.

/me Would flop into her chair enthusiastically, her legs quickly folding as she tucked her foot under one of her legs. She'd quickly fidget around her desk, getting everything ready for the student she was expecting. A small glance over to her filing cabinet caused her face to light up, her hands pushed her away from the desk until she wheeled her way to the cabinet. Her hands quickly flipped through a few folders, grabbing one before scooching her way back to the desk using her only free foot.

In-Character Section
━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

Mireya Colmenares
IMG_6448.png

Personal Information
Full Name (First & Last)
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss)
Preferred Name
Age (Minimum is 25)
Marital Status
Mireya Colmenares
Miss
Miss Colmenares / Dr. Colemenares
27 years young
Female (She/Her)
Atheist
Unmarried (Single)

Academic Information
Academic Degree
Year of Graduation
Major(s)
Minors
Master's
Psychology & Education
Communications, Health Sciences, & Sociology

Other Information
Nationality
Current Location
Native Languages
Other Languages
Peruvian
Karakura, Japan
Spanish
French & Japanese

Backstory

As a young girl, Mireya Colmenares was truly a passionate yet unfortunate girl. She was raised in a large Hispanic family, full of love and hope for her to have a good life. Despite living in poverty for most of her childhood, Mireya was always one to spread kindness and love to others - scaring her family at times as they thought she had no bad bone in her body. She always wanted to go to school, having big dreams as a child to one day be like her grandmother who was an educator in France. Though, her family didn't have the money to send her all the way to France - Mireya knew what she wanted, not letting money step in her way.
Mireya eventually got a job when she turned 15, working at a small fast food joint on the corner. When she was only 17, Mireya finally had enough money to get a plane ticket, however, that didn't include any of her school fees. She was devastated, though worked hard in school in hopes of possibly being accepted on a scholarship - not allowing herself to give up on her dreams. On her 18th birthday, Mireya received the news, she had been accepted to a prestige psychology school in the south of France.
Throughout the year, Mireya worked hard in her studies. Getting rewarded for her good work, they allowed her a placement at a small office where she could get experience working with actual psychologists, in which she accepted almost instantly. As the months flew by, Mireya only grew, surprising everyone she was surrounded by. She was extremely proud of what she had accomplished, only wanting to show her family and making them proud as well - which didn't come to a surprise. Mireya eventually graduated top of her class and received a master's degree in psychology and education before she returned home.

Motivation for Joining KHS:

"My motivation to join KHS lies purely on my hope to help others. Though I did not grow up with much, I learned valuable lessons that have led me here. I knew that this field of work was my destiny, sounds quite cheesy but it is true. My grandmother was a big inspiration to me, helping me find my true passion and path in life before she passed away. Everything I have done, all those challenges I overcame just to pursue what I loved shows a great deal of determination. Despite sounding cheesy, I just moved here and I have quite a few bills to pay BUT! My main goal, is to do what I do best - which is to help others. Putting the student's career, life, and academic studies before my wants and needs is something that comes naturally to me. I have always loved helping, but other then that I am someone who is determined to see someone else achieve great things and be proud of it, which is what I plan to do with the student's at KHS."

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

"Well, I am not crazy experienced when it comes to actually being a counselor. I have however, had the opportunity to receive a placement for 2 years at a psychologists office in France. With my placement, I learnt a lot that you wouldn't find in any book or website, it was real experience and issues coming from someone who is trying to get better. Learning from some of the most incredible counselor's gave me the confidence I needed to strive within this field of work. Once I was done with shadowing them, I had a few clients of my own that I was going to be taking off of their hands. With that, I learnt that it wasn't at all what I expected. I was able to connect with the person on a personal level, helping them by providing tools and exercises that could give them results that they would be proud of. I got quite confident in my work, knowing I was capable of handling such things made me proud to have the experience and work ethic that doesn't always come easy to some. Growing up in a large Hispanic family taught me to be kind of respectful to everyone, no matter their background or difficulties. They taught me that kindness goes a long way, even if it's just a smile or telling someone to have a good day or that you're proud of them. So, I plan to share that kindness with everyone I come into contact with. My true passion lies upon helping others, I plan to help the students strive and succeed in life - that is my only goal."

I would like to thank everyone for reading this application <3

[Although I have worked in KHS before, I would love the opportunity to return!]

Attachments

• Councellor_Application_1-12.png
    Councellor_Application_1-12.png
    560.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations, you have been accepted for the role of Counselor! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.

Users who are viewing this thread