OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:
Im_LLost
Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
TrxKay
List your timezone and country:
CST, United States
Describe your activity:
As of recently Ive been spending most of my time on this server hitting over 4-5+ hours a day.
Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
N/A

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
My Passion for writing stems from the act of wanting to follow where stories are born, and action repeats itself. I naturally am drawn towards where there is a story and I like to witness history and write it/Capture it into my own form of literature. I find that I excel in areas when I am not the direct factor but the outsider who is capturing what and when something goes down. I also find that I enjoy myself most when I am in a more creative field, and I feel that this job would fit me the best.
Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I have always been writing ever since I was young but I feel that I made the biggest jump in my writing career when I did a mock school paper for my high school every month it was just for a high school and I knew that it wasn't important but I enjoyed it and found myself putting the most effort into it with every month's issue challenging myself and seeing how Creative and how interesting I could make it to others.
Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes I am aware of the rules.
Why should we accept you over others?:
I Feel that I should be accepted over others because I have natural experience writing papers and my passion for this job stems from that experience I feel that I am naturally more driven to do this job for the job experience and Roleplay aspect compared to others need for money or whatever they are applying for. I also feel that If I had to choose one best aspect of myself it would be my creativity and ability to draw a scene with a group of words.
Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
I understand that I will have to be completely neutral to all sides and factions which will be no problem considering I have no contact or connection with any big or small factions. It is important to stay neutral to Make certain that I write good-quality and correct reports.
Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I am fully confident that I will be able to excel even past the monthly quota and match the quota every month with good quality stories that meet the criteria of what a report should be.
Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:

I imagine being a reporter is a combination of looking for stories and going through sources that give potential stories then confirming for yourself what these stories are and making sure they are true and not false. This job can also be a combination of interviewing say workers or small businesses and getting their opinions on certain matters or events that happened. Both of these are important cause citizens prefer to hear what other people like them are thinking and their opinions on the matter.

IC (In-Character) Information:

Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name: Lex Thurston
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr) Lex, Mr.Thurston
Current Age (25+):
Past job/work experience:
Newsroom Assistant back in his small home town in America
Degree/qualifications:
Degree in broadcast journalism and in historic Preservation
Nationality and born location:
American, Washington, Missouri
Phone Number:
030-969-7754

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?: I would say that lex a person who keeps to himself but in a creative field he truly blooms. he prefers to not do too many things out of the ordinary, but you put him in something he excels in and you will see a side of him you never expected. He truly is another person when he is doing something he is passionate about. He is a truly Neutral person not choosing one side ever but waiting til the very end to see both sides no matter what.
What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?: I want to write about the more community side of this world. I want him to focus on subjects like the school, the local shops, local events and traditions, and more. Interviewing locals will be a big part of his work. As we all expect the community to be cheery 24/7 that's not how it is so I fully expect to be sent out of my comfort zone if a disaster ever strikes the community and am fully ok with covering more topics if it falls upon us. I will achieve this goal by making interviewing local businesses and people my main focus and making sure that our people are heard and understand that they are important and that we can hear them.
What are your expectations for the job?:
My expectations for this job are being a part of a team where we all cover different subjects, but we are there for each other and can help each other grow and become better writers altogether. I am fully willing to help fellow writers when they are in need just as I would want help if I'm in need or in writer's block, Etc.
Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
No, I do not
Fluent Languages (Underline your native):

Japanese, English
PROMPTS:

You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)
#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

The History of "Mom and Pop's Games"
View attachment 54978
We all know that one Arcade shop around the corner it has one nice older fellow and an old lady who always hands out free cookies. But what is the story behind them and how long has this old rickety building been around? The story behind Jerry and Shanice is a really simple story Jerry worked at a factory and Shanice worked for a diner and loved cooking they lived simple lives till one day Shanice decided that she was done with the diner and wanted to open one for themselves. That sparked the creation of this place, Jerry wanting this to be a fun place for adults and kids chose to buy arcade machines and base this place around food and fun. June 21, 1993, is when this place had its grand opening showcasing a whole range of foods and famous games like Super Pacman, Ms. Pacman, and Mortal Kombat II. The amazing food attracted the adults and the fun game machines brought the kids making this overall a family choice for a good way to spend the afternoon as a family. When asked for one piece of advice when opening a business with your Wife/partner Jerry left us with the tip "No matter how the business is doing make sure that your love for your partner remains stronger the any hope for the business to prosper". From one customer to another Thank you Jerry and Shanice for all that you do and the amazing blessing this restaurant has been to all of us.

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.​
Station Worker He would start a countdown to start the interview quietly mumbling "3, 2, 1, Go"

The Karakura Melting Pot
December 1st, 2023
Lex: (LT) "Hello hello everyone it's a sunny day in Karakura as always I'm your reporter Lex Thurston and I'm here with local shop owner Takura Keogh, Thank you for talking with me today how are you today?"
Takura Keogh (TK): "No no thank you This is an honor to be able to talk about my passion and what I've built and I'm doing fantastic today thank you" [!] he would be swaying.

LT: "Let's continue I'm here with you today to talk about your grand opening of this new restaurant so tell me about it what is it" [!] His eyes would focus up and his back straighten up.

TK: "Uh yea- Alright This is my pub the Scorched Pub my goal here is to bring culture all together into one place with foods events and People" [!] He would let out a sigh slowly getting use to the conversation.

LT: "That's fantastic I do have one question though when you say bring together with food and events what do you mean by that exactly, It definitely sounds unique [!] He would turn his head slightly

TK: "Oh no worries I get the confusion, what I am doing is a big ask, basically what I want to create is almost a melting pot in this town of different cultures and a place where everyone feels welcome and that a part of their culture is appreciated and welcomed at my establishment"

LT: "I wish you the best on your adventure, karakura could always use more culture and community brought to it, so what inspired you to open up this Pub?"

TK: "Ooh that's a deep question I guess I've just always loved cooking and with my many weeks and months traveling the world I've realized that so many parts of the world have a piece that needs to be shared with each other. Most people will never see that part of their communities and culture and I think that needs to be shared."

LT: "That is truly magnificent, and I must amend you for your urge to unite us in a way. What made you want to travel or what drives your passion to travel around the world?"

TK: "My passion to travel around the world was probably sparked by when I was young, I just loved to watch the History Channel when it would talk about the history of all different parts of the world and their come up into this world."

LT: "As a History Preservation major myself, I must agree with the part about so many places in the world having a deep history and having the need to learn about them, so if you had one favorite area you loved learning about or cooking their food what would it be?"

TK: "If I had to say one, I would say the Hispanic culture and cooking is my favorite their definition of family and community is so much more compared to any other place I've been to."

LT: "Very interesting I have heard that they consider family over anything. So, With this business in 5 years where do you see yourself?"

TK: "I see myself hopefully on a larger scale hosting bigger events and having a normal 360 Degree of business being able to survive on itself, Some more staffing wouldn't hurt either"

LT: "That would be nice we always need more events, and I would love to see an almost cultural festival type of event maybe you could even work with the school for that, You never know what could happen by then. What is your Demographic for this business just so our fans at home can see what you are going for?"

TK: "Ah yes at my restaurant I plan to reach all ages and all types of people we plan to have events targeted towards the kids and more after dark events based for the adults and more, but we do aim to please everyone."

LT: "Truly amazing what you are doing here. So where did your passion for cooking come from or is that something you just randomly started doing one day?"

TK: "My passion for cooking came from my dad who was in the service, and we would always be following him for his missions, we would travel around the world and that's what mainly got me into my love for traveling and cooking too."

LT: "Lastly if You could say one thing to the camera right now what would it be?"
[!] He breathes in before puffing his chest out and exclaiming.
TK: "Come down to my restaurant. Do not be afraid if it's out of your comfort zone we aim to please everyone, if you think you have nothing special about yourself to share, I will tell you that it's not true we would love to have you at our pub to hear about anything you have to say."

LT: "Well folks thanks for tuning in today for our talk with the owner of "The Scorched Pub" Please feel free to visit his pub and that's all folks It been Lex Thurston and back to the station [!] He gives an almost grand slam gesture towards the camera before the camera cuts back to the station.

Users who are viewing this thread