mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Implementation of previewing accessories/wears.

What's your Minecraft Username?: YunYunPaws
What's the title of your suggestion?: Implementation of previewing accessories/wears.

What's your suggestion?:
This is personally coming from my experience of making a purchase at the auction house, and I have too many occurrences of me having unsatisfactory purchase being let down after trying it out to see the cosmetic isn't what I thought it out to be because from my view the simple superficial item icon isn't enough to make me decide whether it fulfills or compliments my persona. Yes I know it is pretty obvious small cosmetics are not very conspicuous and be noticed easily unless scrutinized to be acknowledged. However, I recently purchased a bike helmet, I had a expectation it would look very fitting to one of my character's personality but I was disappointed the bike helmet is almost comically large and not small. I feel as if though it wouldn't hurt to make a plugin or a script of some sort that allows the buyer at the auction house to simply preview the cosmetic and try it out to see if they are satisfied with how it looks on their character before finalizing and purchasing. It is a hassle trying to resell a accessory or wear you don't want anymore after trying it out, because it takes a lot of time for certain items to be sold if the demand is pretty low and only a minority of people would probably happen to buy it because it fits their specific needs to accommodate their character's physical appearance.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
It will most indefinitely lead players having more satisfactory purchases instead of facing initial disappointment after wearing the product to see it wasn't what they thought it out to be. Personally including me a individual I face occurrences of disappointing purchases.

DarkEclipic

Level 169
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
neutral / leaning +1

most people will say that you can go to the shop that sells the item and see what it looks like. But with the lack of shopkeepers and people being in different timezones. This is not doable for everyone. so why not have like a ingame thing or like a forums post of all of the public cosmetics to see what it would look like on a skin(could be a default skin to see where placement was)

Arocatula

Level 196
Arocatula
Arocatula
Rich+
This has been suggested before, and as said in the thread link above, they may already look into doing this in the future. :)

Vexosphere

Level 21
vexosphere
vexosphere
Notable
good idea but i doubt they will implement it. i can see alot of bugs with this feature on srp already when its added
still +1

soratheonly

Level 64
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
Leaning towards +1
As said above it's likely they're already working on this. I also feel like there's a possibility of going into a creative singleplayer world and like spawning the item to look at it, but I'm not 100% on that.

Stunseedbackwrd

Level 4
neutral / leaning +1

most people will say that you can go to the shop that sells the item and see what it looks like. But with the lack of shopkeepers and people being in different timezones. This is not doable for everyone. so why not have like a ingame thing or like a forums post of all of the public cosmetics to see what it would look like on a skin(could be a default skin to see where placement was)
Honestly, having a forum post of all public cosmetics with the help of other people contributing to share screenshots of themselves wearing the cosmetic with a set of rules to follow such as background being blank and a specific skin would probably the most plausible one instead of making a feature that allows cosmetic preview because from how I see it trying to execute it would be very troublesome and impose lots of bugs. And speaking of your suggestion this gives me the idea maybe I should make a forum post dedicated to preview of cosmetics.

soratheonly

Level 64
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
Honestly, having a forum post of all public cosmetics with the help of other people contributing to share screenshots of themselves wearing the cosmetic with a set of rules to follow such as background being blank and a specific skin would probably the most plausible one instead of making a feature that allows cosmetic preview because from how I see it trying to execute it would be very troublesome and impose lots of bugs. And speaking of your suggestion this gives me the idea maybe I should make a forum post dedicated to preview of cosmetics.
Honestly instead of implementing a system to review cosmetics in SRP, it's much easier to just make a public post where people can share what cosmetics look like! That way people can also show off their cool characters, looks, and accessories while helping the public

Joe.exe

Level 47
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
In the auction house, you can choose an item to try on, the player will temporarily get it, the player is prohibited from throwing it away, and the item is removed when leaving the auction house.
This is my idea

Users who are viewing this thread