mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

ImPuggyBTW | Reporter Application!

ImPuggyBTW

Level 1
What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:
ImPuggyBTW

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
Yes! puggy6307 is my Discord and I do have a microphone, I am often in VCs when on SRP.

List your time zone and country:
My time zone is Central Standard Time (CST) in the US.

Describe your activity:
Despite work and school, most of my free time goes towards SRP and projects surrounding it. It’s a great creative outlet for me personally and on a scale from 1-10, I’d rate my activity at about a 9.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

Man’en UVG Application - ACCEPTED

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
Since the day I joined SRP, a lot of my experience has been centered around gang roleplay. I’d like to expand a bit and branch out into other factions, but with me leading a gang it’s a bit difficult to find one that could fit. As I write a lot for fun on the side anyway, I figured reporter could be the perfect opportunity for me to not only continue doing what I enjoy with Man’en, but also branch out and use my talents in another faction for another unique experience.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I would say my amount of professional experience with writing is significant. I took quite a few classes in university for creative writing and even wrote for our school news blog. Not only that, but I worked on the school news broadcast as well, so I’m fairly familiar with the writing that goes along with that. Aside from professional experience, I write a lot in my free time simply for fun. A lot of the lore surrounding my characters goes extremely in-depth and my love for storytelling fuels me to write even when it’s not necessary.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes, I’m aware of and will follow the set of rules provided to me

Why should we accept you over others?:
I believe I should be prioritized over others because I have quite a few positive traits that I think would benefit the faction. I am friendly, easy- going, and quick to adapt to change, as well as being able to converse with people easily. Aside from that, I think that I could bring interesting and exciting role play opportunities to people within the faction as well outside of it. I believe I will be able to create a positive image for not just my character but the News faction as a whole and add to the already fun and welcoming energy it provides.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
Yes, I understand.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes!

Summarize what you imagine work as a reporter is:
Honestly, I’d imagine the work is quite similar to that of a detective. Reporting the truth and keeping people informed by investigating situations and being able to summarize them in a way that the general public can easily understand. It may consist of having conversations with people, asking questions, and being able to take your findings and answers and organize them into an effective message for citizens. Reporters serve as a bridge between the uninformed and the informed, playing a much bigger role in Karakura than some may think.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:

Yesenia ‘C’ Fadel

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Ms. is fine.

Current Age (25+):

Past job/work experience:
N/A

Degree/qualifications:
Highschool

Nationality and born location:
I’m Italian and African-American on my mother’s side, born in the small city of Andria, Apulia. (In southern Italy)

Phone Number: 030-321-3733

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
Being the oldest sibling of three and the heir to a family vineyard, I am no stranger to hard work. However, despite me having to take care of my family so early on, I nonetheless developed a very down-to-earth mindset and am extremely empathetic. People often see me and assume that I am high-strung, but I am quite the opposite. I like to have a good laugh every once and a while and am not, in any way, shy.
While I am as easy going as previously described, I also know how to read a room and understand people in a way some others may not. Not everything is as it seems and I am one of the many that like to dive deep into why people are the way they are.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I am most interested in writing about criminal trials, KPD cases, and paranormal activity in Karakura. However, I am accepting of all stories that come my way, and can find ways to make them exciting even for those who may not be initially interested.
I will do my best to form connections with those closest to what I am interested in reporting and use those connections to my advantage. If, for any reason, I’m unable to form these connections, I will simply remain professional and see what I can discover on my own. As for getting out of my comfort zone, I’d be more than willing to explore new topics and ways of reporting. If you’re too comfortable, you’re doing something wrong.

What are your expectations for the job?:
I expect to be able to thrive creatively whilst being held to a set of specific standards. I understand the concept of neutrality and can separate my emotions and opinions from the facts, being able to write effective reports for the general public and keep the people informed. I expect a mixture of individual work and cooperation, as I am able to work well with others and find that sometimes a second or third opinion makes your work all that much more excellent.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
N/A

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese, Italian

PROMPTS:
You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

Karakura Frozen Over

December 11th, 2023

I bet you thought shoveling your sidewalk was going to be the toughest thing about winter in Karakura. An unprecedented snow storm has swept over the city, bringing with it harsh winds and relentless snowfall. Not only this, but the emergence of rolling blackouts have added a layer of complexity to what’s predicted to be an already challenging winter. The demand for electricity continues to combat freezing temperatures and rolling blackouts occur in order to create less strain on the city’s power grid. Homes, businesses, and essential services find themselves plunged into darkness, intensifying the challenge that is survival during a winter storm.

Despite the intensity of the storm, I managed to engage in a few conversations in order to gather the citizens’ perspectives.

“Walking to school in this weather isn’t ideal... But I wouldn’t recommend driving either.” -Maurice Togomi-Rivera

When asked about what he would say to citizens suffering through the storm, Commissioner Schwartz stated,
“We recommend actively seeking shelter amidst the storm and if that’s not possible, head to any of the shelters being made available to the public.”

Amidst the chilly hardship, Karakura’s essential workers serve as a beacon of hope. Karakura Police Department, Healthcare workers, government officials, and volunteers are working tirelessly to ensure the well-being of the city’s residents. Individuals without shelter are being provided refuge at Karakura’s Town Hall, and those grappling with the unfortunate consequences of frozen pipes are being offered access to clean water.

We are doing our best to keep the public updated on this situation. Follow us on Onrain @KaNews for consistent updates and resources!

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

Karakura’s Urban Canvas’
An interview by Yesenia ‘C’ Fadel with Detective Kenji Nakamura

[!] A link to a recording would be at the bottom of the page. Once clicked on, the sound of a recording beginning would be heard. [!]

[!]Ms. Fadel could be heard clearing her throat before speaking[!]
[Y.F] Thank you so much for meeting with me today, I understand you must have an extremely tight schedule..

[!] A male voice responded, holding a very charismatic energy in his tone [!]
[K.N] Not a problem at all!

[Y.F] Would you mind stating your name and occupation for the audience?..

[K.N] Detective Kenji Nakamura, Karakura Police Department.

[Y.F] Pleasure to meet you sir.. [!] There would be a brief pause as she wrote something down [!] I’d like to ask you some questions regarding vandalism in Karakura, is that alright?

[K.N] Of course.

[Y.F] Perfect.. [!] The shuffling of papers could be heard before she continued.. [!] ..So it seems that graffiti is becoming a popular artistic trend in the city, despite the legality of it.. What factors do you think are contributing to this?..

[K.N] Graffiti isn’t necessarily uncommon in Karakura.. However the recent rise could be due to a variety of reasons. Social.. Cultural, etcetera.

[Y.F] Hm, you say it’s not uncommon.. Having said that, how do you believe that the citizens of Karakura perceive this artistic trend?.. Speaking from their point of view of course, I’m sure KPD views it a bit differently..

[K.N] [!] A short chuckle would escape the male before he answered..[!] Well then, speaking as a regular citizen of Karakura.. I think that it could be perceived one of two ways. The first way being that it stains our beautiful city for the sake of sending out a message.. [!] A brief pause..[!] ..The second way being an artistic outlet for those seeking to be heard..

[!] Another brief pause as it sounded like something was being written down..[!]

[Y.F] That’s nice.. Well, getting back into the headspace of an officer, what measures are being put in place to curb the rise of vandalism such as illegal graffiti in the city?

[K.N] The Karakura Police department is already implementing increased patrols and surveillance for a variety of reasons, vandalism being one of them.

[Y.F] And as far as the vandalism itself and its causes, is there any specific demographic that you believe is more so involved with this trend than others? If so, why do you think that is?..

[K.N] Well, I’d say it’s quite obvious if you’ve stopped to take a look at any of these art pieces.. Majority of the time, they seem to be callouts to gangs and criminal organizations..

[Y.F] I suppose that makes sense.. So you believe that gangs are most responsible for vandalism in Karakura?

[K.N] Yeah, I’d safely assume so.

[Y.F] Ok! Transitioning to a slightly different approach to this topic.. [!] The flipping of a page could be heard before Ms. Fadel continued.. [!] Do you feel like this graffiti might be affecting local businesses at all? Considering that most of these sprays can be viewed in business prominent areas.. Such as the shopping district or at the beach..

[K.N] [!] There was a brief pause as Nakamura thought on his answer..[!] I suppose that it could affect businesses in a way.. Especially if the content of the art were to be anything particularly violent or sensitive..

[Y.F] Mhm.. and assuming that the solutions brought forth by the KPD are ineffective.. What alternative forms of artistic expression could you suggest to vandalizers?

[K.N] Something legal. [!] A chuckle escaped the male [!] Drawing, painting, maybe even looking into creative clubs in school. Assuming that the perpetrators are youthful.. If that doesn’t do the trick maybe approach someone about a community art project?

[Y.F] All good options. [!] The woman laughed, her laughter fading into a longer pause as it seemed that she might end the interview..[!] ..I’ve personally noticed a few intriguing symbols within the art itself.. Such as butterflies and dragons.. If what you say about gangs and criminal organizations holds true, then do these symbols hold any significance to KPD at the time being? Should we be worried?..

[K.N] ..I cannot disclose any details.. But trust that the Karakura Police Department works extremely hard everyday to ensure that the public is safe from crime, no matter what threats these gangs might spray on the walls…

[Y.F] ..So what would you say the KPD’s general sentiment on gang graffiti is?

[K.N] We strongly discourage it. [!] His tone had become more strict and straight to the point [!]

[Y.F] ..Alright.. Well, I won’t hold you for much longer, to end off, do you have anything you’d like to say to those responsible for said graffiti?

[K.N] [!] A long pause... Like he wished to say something but kept his professionalism. Much to Ms. Fadel’s annoyance [!] ...I strongly recommend finding a different artistic outlet.. and... if you are part of the groups responsible for threats slash promotions of your gangs... We’ll take care of you in due time.

[Y.F] Thank you for your time, Detective. [!] The tape cuts off [!]

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
deniedapplications.png

We appreciate the time and effort you put into applying - however, you have not been accepted this time around.
Please DM @ aania on Discord if you have any queries about the application

You are free to re-apply at any point in time!

Users who are viewing this thread