OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:

IowkeyHades

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
hades;#9048 - I do have a working microphone

List your timezone and country:
BST/GMT - United Kingdom

Describe your activity:
I am usually extremely active, I log on daily and spend a few hours at a time within the server. I currently have a KPD, EMS and bear character, however these roles entail a lot, and with the prospect of becoming a reporter, I have decided to step down from my KPD role to ensure I can dedicate enough time to being a reporter if accepted. I don’t play much into criminal/gang roleplay at this time, where I have done in the past, and have a relatively clean record and reputation. I currently haven’t logged in a while, on any account, and I’m happy to explain why in dms. Activity wise, I am always available on discord, with the exception of sleep and can be reached there most of the time if I’m needed!

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
NONE

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

https://schoolrp.net/threads/lowkeyhades-kpd.51436/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lowkeyhades-event-team-app.50948/ [PENDING]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lilith-osullivan-ems-application.47608/ [ACCEPTED]

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
I thoroughly enjoy writing, and have found this as a passion for myself. I enjoy writing and creating stories, both nonfiction and fictional. I think my driving motivation for the reporter faction is this love and ability to write, and I feel that this role would allow me to create works people could read, and enjoy whilst also playing a pretty interesting role, such as delving into factions, and creating reports based off of these. I truly believe in what I write and take pride in it, and it would be amazing to share the stories I create with SRP! Being a reporter is a different side of roleplay too, and diving into this role could allow me to see a different side of the server and how the inner workings of SRP operate!

Do you have any experience with writing?
What is your relationship with writing?: I have a lot of experience with writing and a passionate bond with it. Personally for OOC I hope to move on to teach English Literature within the UK and possibly internationally. I love writing and reporting on factual information (even if that does seem a bit odd!) and enjoy reading literature myself. I have several instances of writing, alongside my studies where I have been awarded Distinctions on my written pieces, I have entered several writing competitions and have been lucky enough to win a few, and had my work published. I take immense pride within my work and believe I have a good writing style! I have worked a lot on my reporting word style this year (in the build up to my GCSE) and have improved significantly on creating more ‘news’ style reports; these include reports with the styles broadsheets, and tabloids. I have a personal connection to writing and have found it almost as an escapism for myself, whereas others may find sports or video games.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yep, I understand!

Why should we accept you over others?:
I should be accepted over others for numerous reasons, for starters I am passionate for writing, and enjoy it thoroughly. I am an active member of SRP, with a prominently clean reputation, and I'm well liked for the most part. I have been within two influential factions so far, and have learned a great deal about the server and have decided now is the time to strike for reporter, as it would be the next logical faction step for me personally! I feel that I should be accepted over other applicants as I am a dedicated individual who works hard, and dedicates insane amounts of times to the factions I love! I hope that with my prior experiences and this application, it shows I should be accepted over other applicants.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
I understand!

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes! I will do my best to complete monthly quotas!

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
From what I’ve observed as a reporter, I have seen that there are many aspects within the job. First you need to find a lead, a scoop of sorts. You need to look into what is causing a commotion or something interesting to report on. Afterwards, you need to gather facts and evidence. You need to find reliable sources and witnesses to corroborate your story. After, you need to find secondary sources, and verify these witness statements, such as records or CCTV. You can then go about compiling the story and showing your work within an article. Being a reporter is in parallel to detective work, and is presented in a written format for all of those to see.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
Moa Kawa Itchina

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr) :
Mx will be just fine.

Current Age (25+):

Past job/work experience:
I have worked in the past within different creative outlets in Japan, alongside being head reporter at ‘Ichiba News’, an infamous news outlet in the outer reaches of Japan.

Degree/qualifications:
Doctorate : Japanese Literature
Masters: Communication and Journalism

Nationality and born location:
Japanese, Rusutsu

Phone Number:
[Pending]

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I am a lady of Elegance, and formality. I enjoy the simplicity's in life, alongside a calm, matured environment. I would describe myself as the picture of etiquette, a lady of grace, and gentleness. I find no time for foolishness and informalities, and instead choose peace and zen.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I have lived in Karakura for a few years now, I have sat to the side observing the workings of the town. I have read numerous articles published, and viewed myself on how the town cowers to violence. I want my articles to explore in depth the different faction in the town, such as the school, or government. I want to report to the town, how these different aspects shape and control the town, how if branches are corrupt, it creates further imbalance and pushes the town closer to the words of the devil. I plan to achieve this through creating connections within these departments, to digest every little slip the members make, and have meetings with officials to learn more about the different cogs which tick. I think, going out of my comfort zone, will be pushed if I choose to create articles about the different more sinister organisations within Karakura, such as the ‘Yakuza’ themed gangs, which would go against my own morals however I think I would be up for the challenge and interested to see how these minds work.

What are your expectations for the job?:
I have my own expectations within this job, it will affect how I’m viewed of course. I expect to see strong leadership and deadlines pushed to ensure we do not slack, which sets a bad message if the reporters of the town don't work hard. I expect there to be assignments alongside our own leads, to ensure there is plenty of work to do within this role.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
No. That would go against my own morals and ethics, after all.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese

PROMPTS:

You will have to write two ‘reports’ about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you’re found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing player’s about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

The tragedy of Ky Amante
Written by Moa K. Itchina - 12.08.22

Good Evening Karakura. I have been doing research and came across an old cold case, after some investigation on my own part, I have now finalized this news report on the case. Ky Amante, 18 year old female. She had moved to the town of Karakura with her elder cousin Lilith Omori Amante. She didn’t follow her cousin's path and instead got wrapped within the criminal industries of the town. Lilith worked at the time as a doctor within the emergency services, she had little input within her cousin’s life except encouraging her to do the correct thing. On the days when Ky did attend school, she had made friends with a tutor, ‘Hansuke Ikki’. He attempted to steer the ever descending life of Ky to good, with school. However she was suspended and instead faced less and less school time. The more time she spent in detentions, and suspensions, the worse she became. Lilith gave a witness account claiming she was ‘spiraling out of control, and the school proved no help in attempting to change the life of Ky’. Was the school to blame for the spiral of Ky’s life, or was it the overwhelming criminal influences of Karakura?

The reason this is a tragedy is that Ky disappeared. Vanished, for weeks. When she resurfaced, she wasn’t the same person. She was last seen on CCTV visiting the powerplant, only never to return from that god forsaken crime hole. Her body was later recovered by the Police services, who ruled it as a homicide. The perpetrator had left no evidence, and the trail went cold. Every week, Lilith lays flowers on the roof of the power plant, hoping her cousin is resting in a better place, where the evils of the world can’t harm her. How did this happen? What caused someone so cruel to take the life of a student who hadn’t even reached college yet? The death ‘tears holes’ in Lilith’s heart who can hardly speak on what had happened. She was one of the last family members she had, and is still attempting to find the truth. This is just one of the tragic stories within the town, and not even the worst. The ones responsible have yet to been found by the police, and the more they’re out, the worst the crimes will be.​

#2 - Interview. It’s important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

Moa: I’m standing here, reporting from the scene of a brutal break in, in which five have been arrested and two hospitalised. I’m joined by a bystander, could you tell me your name and what occurred?

Bystander: I’m Laylia D. Ihodia, and as I was walking down the street from a few feet away I saw the glass shatter and a bunch of bandits jumping in!

Moa: That’s awful! What did you do about it? Did you catch anyone’s face?

Bystander: I called the police of course! I hid behind this bush, and called for the police. I didn’t see anyone’s faces, the bush blocked my view and I was too far from them!

Moa: Ah! I see, good on you for calling the police, that was very responsible and quick thinking on your part. Did you happen to spot any clothing or emblems?

Bystander: I think I saw them wearing matching leather jackets, the back had this colourful distortion of a Sanrio character.

Moa: Ah, that’s a very interesting sign isn’t it? I want to know what your opinion on all this is! How do you feel about bandits robbing stores within our town?

Bystander: I think it’s disgusting! It’s honestly embarrassing that these organisations think it’s okay to take from us normal folk, trying to make ends meet!

Moa: Mhm. I understand. How do you think the town, especially revolving around laws, could change to better stop these criminals in their tracks?

Bystander: Well, I think the government needs to step up and stop them before they turn to a life of time, intervention earlier, instead of putting useless laws when things like this happen!

Moa: So from my understanding, the government may be to blame for allowing these criminals to roam free? How do you think we can fix this?

Bystander: The leaders of this town, seem shady, I think we need a general overhaul. New people, new laws, new ways to fix our town!

Moa: Alright, thank you for your time Ms. Ihodia. I’ll let you on your way now!

Interview 2

Moa: In regards to my last interview, I have come to speak to leading detective on the case, Valentinus Wayne. Detective Wayne, could you give us some more insite to this case?

Detective: I can’t offer much, as we are still investigating ourselves.

Moa: Ah, I understand. Can you tell me about the prospect of this new criminal organisation?

Detective: Mhm, the jackets. I don’t know much about the gang myself, but they seem to be a prevalent threat to the town.

Moa: Oh! That’s interesting, can you elaborate further on the details of what they’ve done?

Detective: They seem to be delinquents who trash the town for fun, this is seemingly their first major crime, and everyone was caught. I wouldn’t say they're gonna be the best of the best, but the dedication is there.

Moa: Interesting, what can we do to prevent this rise in crime and criminality?

Detective: Honestly, I’m unsure at this time. It’s an uphill battle, and we won’t know till we know unfortunately. Is that all? I’m extremely busy at this time.

Moa: Yes, yes that is all. Thank you for your time Detective Wayne, I wish you luck on this case!​

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Accepted!

Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM Aania#0117 once you've acknowledged your application!

Users who are viewing this thread