Iphone76
Omega
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
Iphone76

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Iphone#6834

How old are you? (Optional): 18

What is your time zone?: EST

Describe your activity on the server: I tend to play on days that I don't work and will typically play for around 8 hours on those days.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
No sir

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Tutor

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for: As a tutor, your job is to help kids who have trouble understanding what they're being taught during class either being because they have a hard time paying attention in crowded classrooms or because they are more of a visual learner than an auditory learner. Patience is a key requirement for a position like this as you will be working with students who may have a hard time paying attention and will need that extra help to get them through school. It's always important to be kind and considerate when working with them as well as it can motivate them to continue striving for better grades and helping them in class. Some kids are reluctant about reaching out for help from a teacher or even a tutor and so being kind and considerate to everyone is a good start for helping them feel safer in the environment and helping to reinforce that they can succeed if they put their mind to it.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: My experience is a bit limited on SRP being new to the server but I have done some roleplay on other platforms like a space station RP for around 2-3 years. I have joined some roleplay discord servers here and there but they all either were poorly set up or inactive and so I saw no reason to stay. I did play a roleplay Minecraft server before this but it died out quickly and the staff was constantly abusing permissions so I quickly quit after only being a part of the server for around 1-2 weeks.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
I have made no previous applications up to this point.

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're a college, specify your degree level): Highschool Grade 11

Situations
/*Do not mention the use of FearRP*/

During a work shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?: The first time I would approach them asking them nicely to not use such profanity and to use more constructive language. If they continue to curse I would warn them more sternly and soon enough I would give them detention if I can. If not I would contact someone who does have the ability to. Being nice to them is a great way to make them understand why they should refrain from using such language as you have a better connection to them than just yelling at them which reinforces the construct that they should continue to use it.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?: I would get in the middle of the fight telling them to stop while contacting another employee if needed to help deal with the situation. If they refuse to stop I will continue to get in the middle of the fight even if it means I get punched or kicked. Depending on the severity I will give them detention or look into suspending them from school.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?: There is a difference when dealing with teachers and students as the severity is highly different and the consequences of their actions are extremely different. Depending on what they are doing I would talk to them about it or I would report the actions to a school administrations officer and then help clear up the situation removing the said teacher from the situation if I can.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act? As it's a private room I can be a little more laid back but I am still at work so I should act in a professional manner that shows respect to the other employees. Anything you use should be cleaned and ready for the next person to use and if you pour the last cup of coffee you should make another pot so others can pour themselves a cup. The break room should be kept clean and tidy as it's a privilege for us to have and should be kept like that.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me He would pick up the microphone pressing the button with a good amount of force due to the aging microphone needing to be replaced and with a small cough he would clear up his voice and as he began to talk you could hear a deep raspy voice over the intercom announcing that history tutoring would be available during the school day and after school today
/me Grabbing his pen he would begin opening it up placing the cap in his pocket and grabbing it with his left hand positioning it slightly between his thumb and pointer finger he would shake it a little making sure there was ink left in the pen before starting to grade the papers of his students writing down mistakes made in a rough but legible cursive leaving a final score at the top of the page before placing the pen down on the test to grab the next paper
/me opening up his old army backpack he would grab his lunch pale out of his back placing it firmly on the table causing a small metallic bang to be heard then after grabbing a few napkins from the side of the pale he would open it up taking out an apple and a sandwich made fresh that morning taking a bite of the apple he would smile looking up at the roof in relief finally being able to enjoy his lunch after a long morning

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only): Harry Truman
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Preferred Name: Harry or Mr. Truman

Age (Minimum is 25): 52
Religious Denomination: Conservative Judaism
Marital Status: Single

Academic Degree: Masters Degree in History and World War Studies
Year of Graduation: 2008
Major(s): World Wars, The Middle Ages, and The Cold War
Minors: Mathematics

Nationality: American
Current Location: Karakura Japan
Native Languages: English
Other Languages: None

Backstory
Being born to a poor family in a small town during the latter half of the cold war. Being born into what seemed to be a fatherless home we suffered many problems including starvation and homelessness for 2 years surviving off what my Aunts could afford us. Being an adventurous kid I would spend days roaming the vast land my family had settled on. The plan for the land was to start a farm and sell off the crops and produce for money to survive but without knowledge, the land had been used for 15 years for farming and couldn't grow anything except for the approaching forest which seemed to use up whatever was left in the soil. Recalling from my memories my happiest memories growing up were building a treehouse with my older brothers and discovering a small town on the outskirts of our land while collecting twigs for a fire. This is when my love for history showed I had found a library in town and would spend hours reading while walking through the forest looking for things that might have been lost during the wars but never finding any. As I grew older I grew closer and closer to the books distancing myself from my brothers to focus on reading but we never fought even when I ignored them to continue on my walks. My favorite book was an old leather one with a single inscription on the cover saying SPQT. My father was drafted into the Military soon after my birth and the fall of Saigon. He was stationed in Germany defending the borders and helping people flee from communist rule into what they saw as a utopia under American control but we knew the issues that West Berlin had. Around the age of 18, I decided to enlist in the Military traveling to Germany for three years before being sent to a Canadian base for joint training. While there it baffled me how much more freedom they had in the Military being allowed to attend school and even grow out their hair while serving at home. Over the next three years of training with Canada, I was admitted into the US special forces or at that time named Special Forces Detachment A. After carrying out missions with them for over 3 years I had decided to return to Canada at a permanent command post where I finally decided to enroll in college against the wishes of my supervisor. The first three years of school went well with me having no issue splitting the time between guard duty and attending classes at night time. It wouldn't be until graduation year that the real trouble would arise. With the constant growth of the military through drafting and volunteers the US wanted to train out a second Special Forces detachment and being that I was the only one left stateside I was chosen to begin training at once. It seemed as if all hope was lost but out of sheer luck, the base I was currently residing on was deemed suitable for training. I was never a big drinker but even after a night like that I sat down in the squad bay and popped open a bottle to celebrate being able to stay and graduate. But once again it seemed hopeless when two weeks later the training regiment was delivered to me. It was hell for these recruits to want to make a name for them and grab a piece of glory. If I recall correctly, out of the 78 people shipped out to the base only two had completed their first contract and a majority of them had just got out of basic training which for the time was minima and short to get soldiers on the front lines. But to my surprise, I was able to continue my studies being sent an aide to help deal with the night shift at the base while I attended classes. At the end of the year two weeks before my graduation we finished up training and of the 78 people that arrived only 56 of them graduated. After I graduated from college I stayed for another year ending off my contract and decided to stay in Canada to work as a tutor at a local school helping to motivate kids into learning about history. A few years after that I was offered a job with the US military to move to Japan helping to teach at the US school on the Army base for 5 years. After that, I decided to stay in Japan moving to Karakura.

Motivation for Joining KHS: As with most of my things in life I was motivated in creating a better tomorrow whether it be working in the military to train people or working in a school helping kids to be motivated and succeed. I work my hardest because it's my work ethic and being there for others is how my mother taught me to be in life and so I want to be there to sacrifice my time for others because they deserve it. Like me growing up others are there to help you and they deserve the same courtesy from me. I have always had a love for history and for teaching others about the amazing doors it can unlock for you in life knowing even the simplest things about it. History has a deep dig in all sorts of markets and jobs because of that I see it as the entrance into life and as something people deserve to know.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"): Before moving to Japan I worked at a local school in Canada for a few years helping to motivate kids in History. After a short time there I moved to Japan working with the military in a US school on an Army base for 5 years. After that, it would lead me here to where I am now in Karakura.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?: While a majority of my experience comes from schooling on a military base it comes with more ups than it does downs. I structure my day every morning so that I have time to help students with different subjects in history so that we can do an overview of everything at the end of the day so that they have a full understanding of everything they learned that day. I also take the extra steps to put them ahead if we have time so that they don't fall behind in class and keep up with the class and what they're currently learning that day. I enjoy working 1 on 1 as it brings a more personal side to teaching where I can sit down and teach the student how they learn the easiest and not in a crowded class where they don't have time to do that. My training in the military can also come in handy as I understand how to create a schedule and how to effectively follow it so that I have time to get around to everyone and extra time in the end for a group overview where we can end the day with a fun review game.

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:
No Sir

Last edited:

suneaterchan

Level 105
Thank you for taking the time to apply! Fortunately, today, your application for TUTOR has been
ACCEPTED!
. . .

Welcome to the team! In order to move forward. . .

Ensure that you are in the Karakura Academics Discord
Contact SUN#0040 over Discord to obtain your required roles and for any other necessary information

Users who are viewing this thread