Accepted IrisFi's Receptionist application

Iris.fi

Level 31
IrisFi
IrisFi
Rich
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: IrisFi

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Yes I do, and I will be able to join calls on most days! tech suport iris#7339

How old are you? (Optional): I do not feel comfortable sharing this piece of information.

What is your time zone?: Eastern European summer time (EEST or GMT +3)

Describe your activity on the server: I get on the server daily on either of my accounts, usually for 3-10hours. This time ranges between 15-22 in the GMT +3 time zone, with some exceptions such as the weekends. On the weekends, I am online much more, usually between 10-24. Whenever I am online on my main account, I usually play the day as a councillor, patrolling around the school or sitting at the help desk. After school, I hang out with friends or log off. On my other account I hang out with friends a lot or farm attributes.
I also check the forums and most server related discord servers daily for any significant changes I should know of.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?): I have never been banned and I will keep it that way!

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I acknowledge this and it is completely reasonable. An inactive employee is taking away a spot someone with more time for the role.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Receptionist

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
The school receptionist’s role might seem simple at first, but it is more than just sitting at the front desk the entire day. Let’s go over some things they do! Receptionists can usually be found at the front desk. They assist students to the best of their abilities, for example guiding them to the cafeteria, explaining the graduation system or telling them about the upcoming events. The receptionists answer any questions students or their parents may have. They are also the people who will trade reward tokens for their rewards. A receptionist may also call any faculty or students to the help desk for different reasons. Like any other faculty role, they will also make sure students are following the school rules at all times. While it may not be obvious to some, the receptionists are very important to the entire school community.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I started roleplaying on minecraft back in 2015. Ever since then, I've been a part of multiple roleplays on a few different games, sometimes even on instagram with pure text! I've been roleplaying pretty actively after starting, and SRP seems to be the most fun roleplay server I've ever been on. The roleplays I played on have each been different from each other, but a good amount of them were school or city roleplays. When roleplaying with my friends, most actions were p2l. We wrote some of the story beforehand and did it in more detail later etc. I joined SRP somewhere in the middle of March, so I haven't played as much as some of the other applicants, but I am quite experienced in roleplay overall. I have not roleplayed as school staff on SRP before, but I would be more than happy to learn more!

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

HS-Council application Accepted
Finnish Language Application Accepted
Chinese Language Application Accepted
JSL Language Application Accepted

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
IrisFi - Grade 12, Councillor
wandakiifan123 - Grade 12, HS-Swim

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
Oriana would first ignore the student, and instead continue on whatever she was doing. If the student kept using foul language, she would remind them to be more respectful towards people. If it still kept happening, she would give them a warning and remind them to go take a look at the school rules to prevent more rulebreaks from happening again. If the student still wouldn’t listen, she would have a long talk with the student about respecting others and following the rules, encouraging them to keep their grades up.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Oriana will first ask a councillor or an employee for backup over the radio in case the students would decide to attack her as well. After doing so, she will go in between the two students, raising her arms in front of them to prevent them from doing any more harm to each other. Next she will tell any students watching and not involved to leave, before asking the two fighting about what happened. If either one of the students fighting is hurt badly, she will immediately take them to the nurse to get any injuries fixed. In the case of self defense, she will give the attacker detention. If both of them are in it, she will give both of them detention. After this, she will tell the two students to go the opposite ways, warning them of any further consequences if she sees them fighting again.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
First off, Oriana would talk to the school employee about it, clearing up any misunderstandings there could've been. Once she has made sure they did something dangerous, she would explain to them why what they did isn't appropriate, and why it should be stopped. A dangerous act is obviously a safety risk for everyone at the school, both for the students and any adults working there. She would give them better ways to deal with the situation if it ever happens again. Depending on the severity of the case, she would possibly also let the SLT know.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Oriana would enter the employee break room with a smile on her face, greeting any other employees that could be there. Seeing as she loves sweets, she would take this break opportunity to eat some cookies and maybe sip on tea. She would interact with the other employees, telling them about her day and asking them about theirs, trying to build a good relationship between all of them.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
&3's lips formed a friendly smile as she greeted the student who had come to the help desk. &r"Hello! Is there anything I can help you with?" &3she asked them with a happy tone, adjusting her position by crossing her legs and placing her hands on the table while waiting for the student's answer. &r"The private tutoring, hm? Alright so you see the staircase on my right?" &3she nodded her head to her right slightly, waiting for the student's approval before continuing. &r"Go straight past it, continue walking and you will see big glass doors on the left. That's the tutoring room, it's hard to miss it!"

/me &3gave the student a nod as she took out the radio from her pocket. She pressed down on the button to put it on before speaking. &r"Could we get the librarian to the front desk? A student is asking for you." &3she glanced at the student waiting, giving them a warm smile. &r"Thank you! We'll be waiting here." &3She said over the radio before carefully sliding it back in her pocket. Oriana then raised her head again to assure the student. &r"It'll take a minute, but they're on the way."

/me &3started counting the reward tokens this student gave her, sliding them one by one a few centimeters away from the rest of them. &r“Fifty? You must have worked a lot to get this many! I can get you an allowance of 100,000 yen, would you like that?” &3She asked them, waiting for a response before she pushed her chair a little further from the desk with her hands and got up. She gave them a short warm smile before turning to go get their reward.

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only): Oriana Uozumi
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Preferred Name: Miss Uozumi, Oriana
Age (Minimum is 25): 26 years old
Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Academic Degree: Master’s
Year of Graduation: 2017
Major(s): Culinary arts, Business management
Minors: Art, Health safety

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan
Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: Japanese Sign Language (JSL)

Backstory

Earlier life
On the 9th of November Oriana Uozumi was born in Okayama, Japan. In her earliest years, her parents were loving and did spend time with her whenever they were off work. They were a happy family, known in their neighborhood, and their reputation was always important to her parents.
The importance of their reputation was the reason they were devastated to hear multiple negative comments about their daughter. Oriana was a very sweet child, and that was the reason she was an easy target for other kids. Most other kids saw her as weird, talking to even animals and drawings. Another reason they thought she was weird was because she had only one friend, Naomi, who had lost her legs when she was younger. Oriana would defend her friend when she was picked on by other students and got in a few fights because of this.
This was when her parents started mentally and sometimes even physically abusing her. They didn't want a daughter that would destroy their family's reputation. They made her move schools and told her to cut her ties with Naomi.
Unlike many other victims of abuse, Oriana kept her grades up, even raising them. She started avoiding her parents, avoiding any trouble that could lead to punishment by them. She never told anyone, and this continued for several years, until she was 13 years old.
Oriana had made new friends at the school she was now in, and was kind of known there. One friend was above all the rest, her best friend Yazawa Runa. Because these two were so close, Oriana trusted her and told her about the years of abuse by her parents.
Finally talking to someone about it got the weight off her chest, while Runa promised not to tell anyone about this.
The next day, Oriana was normally at school, when a teacher had asked her to come with him. The teacher had asked Oriana about her family. Oriana told him there was nothing to note, but the teacher kept asking questions before finally revealing Runa had told him what had happened.
Oriana felt betrayed, angry and sad. The teacher informed her he had called the cops, and to expect a visit from someone, but Oriana did not care. She was furious, how could Runa have told them? She couldn't realize her friend was trying to help her at the moment.
She found Runa, and confronted her in private. Blinded by her emotions, the fight quickly escalated and Oriana had grabbed a chair. She was about to hit Runa with it when she actually thought about it for a second. She was afraid of becoming like her parents, and immediately set the chair back in place. Horrified by what she was about to do, she ran out without saying a word.
That same day, Oriana got home earlier than usual. She headed straight for her room and packed her things. She had decided to run away, anywhere far away. Even if she didn't have money or friends in other cities, she had to get out. Oriana didn't want to know what she could become spending any more time at her house.

Moving to Karakura
Oriana stole some money from her parents and used it to get to Karakura. The first couple of days were difficult for her, trying to find food and such, but she soon met a family. This family helped her get a home and ways to earn money.
A few days after her arrival, Oriana started going to school. The school became her safe place and she was always very active there. She started figuring out things she likes, such as cooking and writing. She met new friends and joined the art club. When she was in the 12th grade, she took the chance to join the student council. She loved the work there.
Despite not being controlled by her parents anymore, Oriana kept studying a lot to keep her grades up. She wanted to keep many options available for herself in the future.
Oriana started therapy when she was 17 years old, trying to get help for herself. Even though it had been a few years since the incident with her friend, she wanted to get as far as she possibly could from ever resorting to violence again, especially against her friends.
As Oriana got into college, her first idea was to become a chef, either at the school or at a restaurant. Her mood changed later, and she decided she wanted to become a receptionist. Seeing how many times the faculty had helped her, she wanted to do something to help others as well. She continued studying before finally graduating in 2017.

After graduating
Oriana worked at a restaurant for a couple of months, but after that she didn't have a job for some years.
Instead of just loitering around and doing nothing, she decided to take this chance to move to Kyoto with a few friends for three years. During her time in Kyoto she got to know Japan's bigger cities, since she never had a good chance to get to know them properly.
Oriana moved back to Karakura in 2021, and spent a little under a year helping her younger friends coming to Karakura, while also researching the job as a receptionist.
In the present moment in 2022, she's finally applying to be a receptionist to hopefully get to do what she wants to as a job, helping people. Despite her rough childhood, Oriana has grown a lot as a person, and is ready to experience a new chapter in her life.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I moved to Karakura when I was 13 and the Karakura High school was the first place to offer me safety. The faculty always did their best to keep the school a safe place for everyone, even the troublemakers and it made me very glad. The faculty helping everyone motivated me, I want to do good things the same way the faculty has always done. Needless to say, I grew up in KHS, and I would love to continue my adult life working there. As for the reason I decided to apply to be a receptionist, I used to be a councillor, and back then I really enjoyed being able to help people. Although there are differences between a councillor and a receptionist, they also share their similarities.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
I have never had a job at a school, but I have worked in the student council before. Because of this, I am very familiar with the Karakura School environment!

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
What separates me from the rest of the applicants is my willingness to learn and spend time on this job. Although I do not know the other applicants personally, it is rare for someone to put as much time and effort into a single job as I have, and I am willing to spend even more time to learn any new things I need to.
I believe my patience, reliability and communication skills will also come in very handy when it comes to the role of a receptionist. I have always been good at talking to people, and this would put my biggest strength to the best use possible. As stated earlier, I also have experience being a councillor in KHS, and so I know the school very well!

Extra
Additional notes about your application:

The backstory's length is 939 words, and the entire application's word count is 2567. Not sure if this is something you wanted to know, but I decided to add it here either way!
Do you have any questions?: If I get accepted, would it be possible to have some kind of training? I'll be fine even without one, I simply believe it could be beneficial to be more sure of some scenarios.

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Good application! Ping me on Academics Discord to get started - mariav#6666​

Users who are viewing this thread