Level 13
rottenspits
rottenspits
Rich
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

IssuesIncluded

Previous bans:
I've only received one ban, which was for ERP in October of this year. I admitted the fact that I was guilty, which I was, and the ban was appealed.

Describe your activity on the server:
The schedules listed here are in my timezone. I'm currently in college IRL, which starts at 6PM and ends at 10PM. Most of my free time is around 11PM to the rest of the night (this is how bad my sleep schedule is), and a few moments during the afternoon (11AM until 5PM with a few breaks). I do not have any pre-defined schedules during the weekends; I'm almost always available during Saturdays and Sundays.

Which timezone are you in?
BRT (Brasilia Time) / -3 GMT

Do you have Discord? If so, what is your tag
Vroosi#0202

Do you have a microphone:
Yes.

List your current and past applications:
IssuesIncluded's JSL Application [Accepted]

What is your motivation for applying?:
I've always been someone for CopRP. When you read the few next questions, you'll notice my long history in CopRP on other communities, all of them based on other games (as you can imagine, GTA). I enjoy roleplaying and developing a realistic police officer, who has a life outside the job, has its own feelings, concerns and so on. This is what I want to bring to SRP and KPD; I want to roleplay a cop in the most realistic way possible, and of course, adapt it to the SRP's environment.

Do you understand Japanese Laws and Basic Conduct?
I am well aware of the current Penal Code we have.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I don't think that defining laws and their meanings can prove anything, so I'll tell you the experience I have in roleplay communities regarding Police RP.
I come from what used to be a big hard-roleplay community (in SA-MP, a.k.a. GTA SA online, on a server called LS-RP. I've met a few people who used to play there who also play SRP as well) in which made up roughly 6 years of my roleplay experience, 3 of which I spent roleplaying and developing police officers in a police faction (based on the LAPD) with nearly 100 members; it was something very dynamic. The same server was based on Los Angeles, California, and the factions you would have would be based on the LAPD and the LSSD. That server gave me 80% of the knowledge of police duty I have today, because all the community would put a whole amount of effort into making the thing as realistic and verisimilar as possible through researches and adapting the reality of LA to the reality of the server itself.

Those years made up all the experience I have nowadays regarding the US western coast police culture, common sense around police service and a few other aspects regarding detective work (I've spent 6 months roleplaying as an uniformized police detective and other 6 months roleplaying as an assigned detective) and law enforcement. Of course, I'm well aware that the SchoolRP reality is far different from the one I was once used to, but I'm willing to learn and maybe bring some realistic factors that would certainly improve the KPD's dynamic.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
I like to defend that the Police faction isn't here to policy the server, but to bring quality CopRP to the community. Yes, it's natural to say the Police's job is, obviously, to policy, and ICly, that is true. However, you cannot let that be the OOC reason, otherwise, it turns into a robocop fest instead of an actual Prefectural Police Department with real cops who live their actual lives. Police is important to SchoolRP because it's a way of variety, and a way of bringing realism to the interpretative environment of Karakura.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorised to attend or you will be punished?
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to IC harassment, and you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Standing at about 6'5, Charles G. Kawahara is an American-Japanese male with a very subtle American accent. He has black hair perfectly framing his face, showing off his pair of black eyes, which would make up his gaze, expressing a neutral, but yet attentive look on his face most of the time. A scar is well-settled on his stomach, showing what once was a severe cut coming from his waistline, all the way to the side of his abdomen. A constant, straight physical posture was the main factor that made him as serious as he could be - at least when he was among other people.

What they're like on and off the job?
Charles, as anyone else, wears a mask along with an uniform. Professional when in front of the public eye, Kawahara always made sure to surprise others who had their attention on his performance. He always remained calm, respectful and, most of all, polite. He was always very well organized - former co-workers could prove, with no doubts, that Kawahara had the cleanest desk.

However, when not in an uniform, Kawahara doesn't face his problems the same way he does while uniformized. That busy mind of his could only worry so much about the countless problems and concerns he has to deal with. Years of law enforcement duty back in the American western coast changed the guy's life, as any type of job would - bringing few good aspects, but too many bad ones to be ignored. Mostly dealing with the constant, excessive stress, Kawahara could only deal with his problems with the help of alcohol. He wouldn't dare to let his co-workers know how many potential or actual relationships were ruined by the many glass bottles his hands once held, or how the nights he spent at the pubs he used to visit turned out to end. A secretly stressed out, impulsive and controversial soul was hidden behind the black uniform he used to wear.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?
He is not sure of what to expect. That is probably one of the few things he is not sure of what he might encounter in this new jorney. However, Charles is a defender of the idea that police culture is universally related in anywhere in the world. Common sense is what makes up police duty, and he is more than sure that common sense also makes up the Japanese police and security system.

However, his plans are to keep up with his American legacy; being a Detective at the Prefectural Police Department of Karakura, and keep up the good work he was executing a year ago, and, as any other police officer, go up in the hierarchy of the Force. Of course, he will start from scratch as any other Police Cadet, but he will make sure that his ambitions stay high up.

Charles will take this opportunity to change a few principles of his; during his career, he was never very sociable. Work was the only thing that used to be in front of his eyes. Social interactions were never exactly his castle, but he will surely take advantage of this new opportunity to change this and overcome his obstacles.

BACKSTORY
(Make sure this biography/lore has 100+ words.)

Charles Kawahara, born in 1993 in Los Angeles, California, was the son of an American-Japanese couple.

His father, Ogata Kawahara, divorced, was a Police Officer assigned to the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department. After 3 years of service, the TMPD Public Security Bureau opened an inquiry against Ogata Kawahara after receiving a complaint from two Sergeants accusing him of taking part in secret deals with criminal organizations and groups, along with two other Police Officials at the time. He was temporarily suspended before a verdict proved him and the other officials guilty. Ogata was arrested, but never pleaded guilty. A week after his arrest, it was proved that he was, in fact, innocent. He was later released, but never received his badge nor weapon back.

Disappointed in the system he worked so much on, Ogata moved to California, Los Angeles, to apply for the Los Angeles Police Department. After one failed attempt, Ogata was finally accepted into the Force and begun his career as a Police Officer I in 1986, when he was 25 years old. He spent 6 months training, and another 1 full year in probatory. During his probatory period, he met Sara Goodridge, a college teacher at the time; months of getting to know each other would result in a dating relationship. The rest of that same year passed by until Kawahara finally graduated and became a Police Officer II in 1987, at 26 years old. Two years later, Ogata and Sara married.

3 years later, in 1989, Ogata would be carrying the two chevrons with a star on his uniform, receiving the rank of a Police Officer III, and in 1992, he'd become a P.O III+1, during his 30, also becoming a Senior Lead Officer. However, during that same year, Kawahara would face his first biggest challenge as a Police Officer of the LAPD: the L.A Riots of 92. At that time, Ogata Kawahara was a SWAT operator within the Metropolitan Division, and was in the front line confronting the rioters. Many officers involved in that situation would receive a medal, and Ogata was no different.

In early-1993, 6 years in the Force, Ogata had his course in the Supervisory Team, becoming a Sergeant for the METRO division. In that same year, Sara Kawahara would be pregnant, and in the end of 1993, Charles Kawahara was born. Two years later, in 1998, Ogata Kawahara retires as a Lieutenant for the Metropolitan Division of the LAPD.

CHARLES KAWAHARA:
In 1993, Charles Kawahara was finally born. Son of a retired Police Officer and a well-known college teacher, he had a childhood that many would desire to have. Student of respected schools, Kawahara graduated the High-School in 2014. However, he would only join college 1 year later, despite the efforts of his parents to put him in one earlier. Since his childhood, his parents would take him to the nearest Christian church. It was starting to become a tradition thing - his mother, Sara, presented the Christianism to his father, which joined the church and became a Christian. It wouldn't be any different for their child, obviously.

By pure parental pressure, Charles studied Business Administration, even though he already had a plan in mind; being what his father once was. However, he never had the support of his parents, specially from his idol, the former Lieutenant, who was blind by his overly-protective fatherly concerns over his son. His grades at college were not the best ones, nor the necessary for him to pass. He'd need to attend to recuperation exams at the end of almost every semester - luckily for him, the grades on those exams would be enough for him to miracously pass.

Two years had passed and Charles finally received his Master's in Business Administration. However, it would only take a few months for him to try the LAPD. Unlike his father, Kawahara was first-try-accepted into the training course of one year at the LAPD in the end of 2016. In 2017, Charles, just like his father did, would become a probationary officer; a Police Officer I. The face of the Los Angeles Police Department was far from what it was decades ago; assigned to the Central Community Police Station, Charles was finally promoted to the rank of Police Officer II after passing the probatory period in 2018. Months later, Charles stopped visiting the church and dedicated most of his life to the Force.

After the beginning of the course of his career, Charles would meet and let go of countless potential partners and even friends due to alcoholic issues with himself. Since his time at the college, the guy would deal with serious issues with alcohol, which he never addressed, not even to his parents. He would rather ignore it than seek help; until he met Angelina Charpentier. She was 23, after her Bachelor's Degree in Medicine, while he was on his 25, spending his years in one of the biggest police forces in the world. A few months had passed and the couple grew closer and closer to each other, until an official, commited relationship took place. However, it wouldn't take long for Charles' alcoholic traditions to become clear over the days. First, his constant drink, and then, the rude ignorance towards the girl, and for last, domestic abuse. The LAPD has a strong campaign against domestic abuse; from stickers on their cruisers condemning it and who commits it, from long speechs in public made by countless Captains of the Force, one of them being the Captain of the station Charles Kawahara was assigned to. A relationship that only lasted for such a brief period of time had already ended, and that's when Charles grew aware of his mental state.

However, the case of domestic violence against his ex-girlfriend was never reported - nor by her or anyone else. It was a secret that never came to the public eye. Charles kept up with his life, until joining the Detective Support & Vice Division as an uniformized detective in 2019. Years of work got Charles a few condecorations, none of them much valuable, but the kind of condecorations that conventional police officers would receive from their commanders.

Next year, 2020, Charles was finally promoted to an assigned detective; the rank of Police Detective I, with the price of being transferred to another police station. It wouldn't take long for Kawahara to realize that his promotion was nothing but a necessity to fill the neighbour station's detective desk. Taken out of the Central Police Station, Charles was now assigned to the Homicide Detective Desk of the Hollenbeck Police Station. He wasn't proud, nor happy, aside from having his pay-check increased, Charles wasn't satisfied with the LAPD, and soon enough, he would take the decision of moving to his ancestors' land; Japan. His parents, obviously, were totally against it, but the 27 year old man was already sure of his decisions. He said goodbye to his parents and former friends and went to the Japanese country.

Having a native Japanese father, Kawahara wouldn't take more than one year to be considered a citizen of Japan. He stayed only a few days in Tokyo before moving to the Prefecture of Karakura, trying the same job he loves; the Police force. Mere months ago, Charles started to visit the church again, after being reminded of it multiple times by his parents through voice calls.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:

Charles Goodridge Kawahara

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.

Given Name(s):
Goodridge Kawahara.

Preferred Name:
Charles.

IC Phone number:

Religious Denomination:
Christian.

Marital Status:
Single.

Nationality:
American.

Current Location:
Prefecture of Karakura, Japan.

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of training:

2 years.

Working Experience:
4 years of service in the Los Angeles Police Department (US, California):
Police Detective I at the Hollenbeck Community Station: Homicide Desk, assigned to the Detective Support & Vice Division.

Academic Degree:
Master's in Business Administration.

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Logistics.

Minor(s):
Economics.

Native Languages:
American English.

Other Languages:
Spanish and Japanese.

Last edited: