Accepted IssuesIncluded's Lore Team Application

dão aula e olham tudo

Level 13
rottenspits
rottenspits
Rich
IGN: IssuesIncluded

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): Vroosi#7410

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?: Yes, although I'm not always available for voice chats.

Your time zone and current country of residence: -3 GMT, Brazil.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable: N/A.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?: Yes, I do.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team: My messy sleep schedule and my real life affairs. However, I'll never be unavailable for more than 1 day, except when some unpredictable circumstance occurs. If I'm assigned to a project and fail to deliver it in time, I will let the team know as soon as I can.

What makes you passionate about writing?: Being able to tell a story through a narrative, specially when this story is related to a player-driven roleplay universe and can affect its course. Most of my roleplay experience was spent writing lores and stories for roleplay communites. I've spent most of my teenage years on a SA-MP hard-roleplay text-based server that simulated Los Angeles. The community there was way more mature, and we had more freedom to express our creativity. From a corrupt paramedic/firefighter to a member of the Senate, I've role played in a lot of areas, and, in my opinion, the more knowledge you have on certain roleplay areas will help you define what is coherent and what isn't, and this is what improves immersive and realistic lores on countless roleplay communities. At the end of the day, I do believe that most of those who enjoy writing for this server are heavily attached to roleplay, immersion and realism, or maybe just the ability to tell a story that will inflict the In Character universe.

I'm not only passionate about writing, I'm passionate about writing a story that will matter, a story that will likely impact, at the very least, one group, if not the entire interpretative scenario of a roleplay universe's trajectory. It's the main reason why I write; knowing that people will read it and apply it to their In Character reality. Of course, not in extreme ways, but in a slight pace. A lore-driven roleplay community is one that is immersive.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?: Yes. All of this time I've spent writing for roleplay communities has taught me a lot about how to communicate, how to produce creative stories and how to come up with innovative ideas. Despite spending most of my years on a roleplay server that was based on Los Angeles, I'm not limited only to western US coast culture, however, specially when it's clear that SRP already is "americanized" enough. As far as creativity goes, I'm absolutely sure that I can, and will if accepted, come up with modern and, most importantly, realistic stories and lores for the SchoolRP community.

I've written the Nakamoto Holdings' lore; it can be found here.
I've written (and still actively do) Kaku-Kai's Third Era lore; it can be found here.

In your own words, give your definition of lore: Lore is an embodiment of stories (or story) that tells the reader/user about the current interpretative realty in which determined roleplaying universe takes place in. It is also used to explain certain areas of said universe, such as a place, a character, an organ or an entity, and even items, tools and everything else that composes that interpretative universe.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Valkyrie sat on one of the seats of a temporary cell in the main police station of Karakura. Her fingers taps against her lap as her boots sync up with the rhythm. Those brown eyes wander around the walls of the processing room she was in; besides her own presence, it was empty. The right sleeve of her jacket was stained by a red, dark mark of blood, which was cold at that point. The awkward silence haunted the reason why she was in that lonely room, but at one point, it was the same silence that would be interrupted by the sudden sound of steps coming from the closed door, choreographically approaching the processing room.

She could see the doorknob leveraging down and the door pushed open. An uniformized figure reveals itself before Valkyrie's eyes, behind the bars that concealed the girl within the small cell, giving her a complimenting nod. She nods back and stands up, approaching the cell door and holding the bars with her hands. Her charisma could be close to absurdity; "Sooo... are we in the part where you ask me why I did this or that?", she asks. Her voice indicated how much she was used to all of that. The officer, who was reading some papers, turned to face her. He grabs the nearest chair and drags it next to the cell, where he sits down, crossing a leg on the other.

"We can do that, Valkyrie, yeah." The tone that he used presented familiarity. From his pocket, his fingers fish out a phone. Those same fingers tap on the light screen for a few seconds, or perhaps even minutes, but are interrupted with an annoyed groan from Valkyrie. She complains, "Why do you have to do that everytime? Do you take that long to open your recording app' or whatever?" The officer raises his eyes to the complaining woman, before he lowers his face to look at the screen of his phone again. "Well, if it was my recording app' to begin with. I need to access the corporation's. They have some fancy tools and all that, plus, we're required to use it. Takes a while to, uh, open it an' stuff", he says in a non-chalantly fashion. Valkyrie rolls her eyes upwards and drops on the bench she was sitting on minutes before.

Minutes pass and, finally, the officer clears his throat. He uses his thumb to tap on the center of his screen. "Interrogation of Valkyrie Kawahara Ek", he pauses, looking at Valkyrie. She lets out yet another groan; she already knew what that glance meant. She leans forward, "V-a-l-k-y-r-i-e." He nods. "Alias, uh...", he glances over the girl again. She shrugs her shoulders. "... No alias. November 13th, twenty-twenty one, at...", he takes yet another brief pause to check on his clock, even though the time was clearly visible on his phone. He clears his throat and resumes. "... nine-thirty... two P.M. Sergeant Putillo, badge four-seven-one --", Valkyrie interrupts. "Yeah, tell'em how you punched my face!" Putillo sighs, a sigh loud enough to be heard in the recording.

"Charged with... Obstruction of Justice, Possession of Minor Illegal Weaponry, Assault on a Government Worker and...", he clears his throat again, raising his eyes to stare at the girl before continuing. "Accessory Attempted First Degree Murder. I think tha's it", Putillo finishes and switches his legs, the one that was on top switching positions. He leans his back on the chair. "So... Valkyrie. As we've talked before, uh... we caught you with a bunch of masked and armed people surrounding a dude... a bleeding dude. As soon as police arrived, everybody ran. Including you. Me and officer Koniyoshi, badge 522, chased you, and while you were running, you put your knife in your pocket. You were surrounded and then jumped me, empty-handed and brought me down. I shot you with a taser and, from there, you were detained. Do you confirm this story?"

Valkyrie humphs. The audible sound of her lips splitting could be heard across the room. "It wasn't like th --", she's immediately cut by the sergeant. "Be honest, you're being recorded". The girl rolls her eyes yet again, as if it was her only way of defense. "Fine! It was, it was like that", she admits. "So three of the charges have been admitted..."

The girl flinched her fists. Her frustation could be clearly seen, and sometimes even heard. Whenever she was caught by that same sergeant, somehow, she would always confess. Something about criminal psychology, she knew. "Now... about the other charge...", he hums, those eyes invasively glaring at the dark and red stain on Valkyrie's jacket. "As we, uh... as we've talked about before, if you tell me the people who were involved, we can drop this charge, you know?" Valkyrie knew she was being manipulated again. She shakes her head. "You sprayed my knife with that stupid spray, you didn't find anything. I was just... in the wrong place. You can't prove anything.

Something about the confidence in Valkyrie's words would make it obvious that she wouldn't admit. Both knew about the truth, but the hopes that the sergeant once had of making Valkyrie confess disappeared as soon as she said those lines. He nods, ends the recording, stands up and opens the door and exits the room. "You'll be transferred to a prison soon."

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

The couple was travelling one of the hundred tunnels in the sewer system of Karakura. It wasn't an ideal date, but none of them were complaining about it. In fact, both pursued the same goal; investigating the paranormal mysteries of the Masamaru Train Station. The first obstacle: finding the station itself. Boyanatsu, an 18 year old boy who has most of the sewer system's map in the back of his head, along with Elisa, his girlfriend, a girl from France who has never stepped on those dark tunnels but had inside her an adventurous spirit, just like his partner, explored within the quiet walls of the sewer system.

Boyanatsu led the way, while Elisa tugged on his sleeve during the entire foot ride. The guy lets out a quiet squeak as he feels his sleeve being pulled back. He ceases the steps and looks back over his shoulder, glancing over his girlfriend. Mumbling a giggle underneath his breath, he says, "What's up? Are you scared?" Elisa, wordlessly, shakes her head. Boyanatsu frowns an eye brow. "Yeah? Let's keep going, then", he resumes his steps, guiding Elisa with him. The girl has always been known for being risky, almost fearless, but something about the tunnels kept her off balance. Boyanatsu assures her, however, "Hey, I've walked around this system, like, more than I can count. It'll be alright, don't worry", but still, Elisa refuses to budge her courage.

They remain silent for a minute; an awkward, but yet concerning silence takes over the surrounding aura. Until that moment, the couple was walking on solid ground, until they find a gap; Boyanatsu was already expecting to get his shoes wet, but his girlfriend obviously was not. "Well, uh, do you want me to carry you?", he asks. Elisa takes a few steps forward to witness the following level, taken over by almost 10 inches of water. It was like an ocean in the dark. The only thing that made that place different of an ocean in the night was the fact that the floor, even if it was taken by a few inches of water, was still visible. "O-Of course I do, dumbass." Boyanatsu bends his knees ever so slightly and places his arms by his hips. Elisa naturally holds his shoulders and places a foot on his hand, before he impulsionates her upwards. The girl wraps her legs around his waist line, and with a decisive motion, he steps into the water, high enough to cover his feet within. He walks forth, and from that moment on, the sound of the footsteps travelling across the water was, at least for Elisa, threatening. Threatening that it might awake some unknown entity that lived within those tunnels. So threatening for her, in fact, that it was almost deafening.

"W-We should... we should go back", she says with a quiet, but yet trembling voice. Boyanatsu hums in an inquiring fashion. Elisa repeats herself, only slightly louder and more demanding this time, "We should go back!" Boyanatsu stops and stays silent. The sudden and fightening silence spooked Elisa more than anything. She tightened her legs around his torso. "Boya!", she calls, until he lets go of her legs, dropping her. Elisa falls to the ground, the splashing sound of her body against the water echoing across the empty room taken over by mere inches of water. She looks behind her, but the darkness blocked her eyes from seeing any more than 6 feet. It was so dark that it was like she was stranded in an island in the middle of the ocean.

Elisa looks back at Boyanatsu with eyes wide open. He was still in the same position. Numb arms remained by his hips, as if he was sleeping while standing on his feet, until his unconcious-seeming body leans forward, falling to the ground. Unlike Elisa, Boyanatsu faced the floor head on. A scream escaped the girl's throat, trying to warn her boyfriend of something he apparently had no control of.

It didn't move. Boyanatsu's numb body stayed in place, his face marooned within the cold water. Elisa stands up, walking towards her partner's body in large and distressed steps, kneeling by himself and holding his shoulders. She turns his body on its back only to see blank, frightening eyes, a broken nose and a bleeding cut on his forehead. Her eyes open wide, before a crying scream leaves her; she screams as loud as she could. The fear of 'waking a strange entity' had vanished entirely if it was for someone hearing her.

She heard steps. Hurried steps across the seamingless water around her. She could hear, but she couldn't see it. The sound of an aggressive choreography in the form of mortifying steps was approaching Elisa from the side she and her boyfriend were heading to. It's taking so long to reach her was the fact that didn't leave her mind. It was obvious that she was panicking, but making that panic sound was the last thing she planned to do.

And then, it reached her.

"We announce the missing of Boyanatsu Couberuou, of 18, and Elisa Dubois, of 19, missing since yesterday's evening. We encourage every citizen of Karakura to contact the police regarding any information about the whereabouts of the two", said the Commissioner of KPD in a press release for the Karakura News.

Demurity

Level 35
Accepted
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. Apologies for the long wait but welcome to the team! DM me at sophia#3114 to get all your roles set up.

Users who are viewing this thread