Item Display

Gunna!

Level 99
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
IGN: Veganlaser
DATE: 7/9/2021

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I would like to suggest an a item or plugin that could be used to display items on blocks, like an item frame or an armor stands

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I feel like this would mostly help the shops, so they can display their items so players can see what they're buying because most of the time I enter shops without knowing what items is which mostly having to ask one of the workers to know what it is and it could lead to some really good design ideas, I'm not sure how it would be done but i think it would be really convenient for stores and possibly players apartments too

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Although this could technically be made, you must note that item frames are entities. The more entities are loaded, the more lag the server will have. Furthermore, some 3D Items aren't made so that they look good on an item frame, so many of them would glitch out if they were to be put there. Instead, you can simply ask the shop worker to show you how the model looks on their hand / off hand / head

Ducky

Level 7
Although this could technically be made, you must note that item frames are entities. The more entities are loaded, the more lag the server will have. Furthermore, some 3D Items aren't made so that they look good on an item frame, so many of them would glitch out if they were to be put there. Instead, you can simply ask the shop worker to show you how the model looks on their hand / off hand / head
Item-frames cause mostly only client lag, ticks happen not as frequent if edited in spigot.yml causing ticks not to be checked as frequent.

But I still -1 because models cause too large of a performance loss (client sided) if too many are in one chunk / if looked at.

Bookish

Level 17
-1/+.25

I think that in theory, it's a good idea. If the server had less entities and such, I would totally recommend this. However, as everyone else has said, there is already entity lag, and considering the amount of items, I think this would have far too many negative effects than positive.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1

it really wouldn't create that much lag guys, you are overexaggerating.
stuff that does create a bit of lag for NO good reason:
random nether portals in fraternity
a broken resourcepack
a useless park football field
the dodgeball and track plugins
the abundance of heads or entities used in place, although not useless (and is something that should stay) should be spread more evenly around a chunk
a needlessly big school

also yeah "item-frames" the item wouldn't work, you'd need to edit all 3000000 models we have. a better thing would be giving shop owners the ability to place custom items (with the knowledge they'll reset upon daily restart)
obviously this would add a little smidge of lag, i can't disagree with you there but it would be a nice feature for just about everyone?

Kandu

Level 24
im just gonna say it as it is.
I DONT WANNA REPOSITION THOUSIANDS OF MODELS TO LOOK "GOOD" IN A ITEM FRAME
+ this will make people break them and get a free item
(Autoclickers)

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
DENIED
------------------------------

• The item frames and armor stands will disappear after a restart, and players can easily break them.

Users who are viewing this thread