ItsHadesBTW

Level 2
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:

ItsHadezBTW

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
I do. My discord is cyyb3rlos3r/Hadez.

List your timezone and country:
EST (Eastern Standard Time), US (United States)

Describe your activity:
I started playing SRP around June of 2023. In the beginning, I was really on and off due to Online College Classes and work, plus I had just moved. So, I was still unpacking around that time as well. But due to finishing College and spending more time at home, I’ve been on SRP a lot more than I used to be. So, if I were to rate my activity on a scale of one to ten, I would say a solid seven. Especially since I have a Professor Role at the time, I do my best to be on to meet quota unless I need to take a mental health break.

Monday: 9am to 6PM
Tuesday: 9AM to 6PM
Wednesday: 7AM to 7PM
Thursday: 6PM to 10PM
Friday: 7AM to 7PM
Saturday: 9AM to 11PM (with breaks)

Sunday: 9AM to 11PM (With Breaks)

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

Accepted - ItsHadezBTW Professor App| English Literature | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server - [UP] Professor

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
My motivation to apply for reporter comes from my enjoyment of writing. I’ve written several backstories, biographies, character descriptions, short stories or even plots for stories! And every time I do, I have quite a lot of fun and do my best to add as much detail, explanation and expression along with characteristics into every piece I write. Plus, for a while, I’ve been wanting to apply to be a reporter, but at the time, I wasn’t on as much. But due to my activity going up and being on a lot more, I finally brought myself to apply!
Plus, with the encouragement of a few friends on SRP and even those who don’t play SRP, they too, have seen how I write and how much I enjoy it and told me to shoot my shot!

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I have- many years of writing experience. During Middle School, High School and even College, I passed all English and English Literature classes with flying colours. And at the time, back when roleplaying on Discord was a big thing, I would write paragraphs upon paragraphs. I would explain the scenery, the characters, the month, scents and so much more to give a crystal clear view of what the reader was reading and to give them that image to help bring things to life.
My relationship with writing can be described in many ways. But my favorite way of saying it is- bringing fantasies, dreams and thoughts, to life. Writing has always been my escape when the world around me gets a little too much to handle and it’s been one of the main and many things that helps me relax and find my center before trying to face the world once again.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes. I am aware of the set of rules that have been provided and will follow them accordingly.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I really can’t say that I have any fancy techniques that would put me above others. Though, I do know that I will be active most of the time and will do my best to meet quota every month. Making reports and putting as much information as I can to update or give knowledge to those who are reading. I also believe that if I were to be accepted, I would help my fellow reporters if ever needed to make their reports and help them meet their quota. Not saying I would do their work for them, but I would help shoot them ideas and prompts to hopefully give them a bit of a jumpstart to finishing their work.
I have quite a lot of roleplay and writing experience to share and even more to learn, and I believe being in the Reporter Faction, where we get to make reports, learning of the history and the updates of Karakura, interviewing the townspeople; is a great way for me to expand my knowledge of roleplay!

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
Yes, I understand that I must stay neutral with all reports.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes! I will be able to stay active and complete my monthly quota! If I cannot, I will be sure to let you know in advance!

Summarize what you imagine work as a reporter is:
What I imagine working as a reporter would be like running in Intel, which fun fact; I have done before! Working as a reporter, you get to know almost everything about everyone you meet and everything you see. Life stories, the history of people and of Karakura, and the updates of some lives, the town and even your own story. Everyone within Karakura has a story to share, and working as a reporter, it becomes your job to share the stories to everyone. You get to go to events, on the radio and get to work with the other reporters! Which is always a nice experience when you work with someone on a project. You both learn from each other and learn things together! Plus, you get to share the weather and temperature of Karakura- which every time that pops up, along with the song choice, it always makes me laugh.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
My name is Kaneko Shkodra - Knežević

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
I go by Kaneko. Though if you wish to be formal, Mrs. Knežević is just fine.

Current Age (25+):
Ah- I’m 25. Just turned 25 too.

Past job/work experience:
Working as a reporter would be my first job. I’m a little nervous, that’s a fact.

Degree/qualifications:
After graduating in High School at Karakura academics, I left back to Rome, where I was born, and continued in College at Sapienza University of Rome to get my degree in Journalism and Writing!

Nationality and born location:
I am Italian and Japanese. I was born in Rome, Italy. Beautiful place! Really crappy people.

Phone Number: 030-084-4874

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
Hmm, that’s a great question. When I first arrived in Karakura- I would say I was very mischievous, adventurous and a little chaotic. But I was young at the time and I was still learning the way to act in a new place. I was a very bubbly, loud and energetic kid. And the more I think about it, the more I see where my son gets it. Haha! Anyways- over the years of living here, I’ve grown to be more mature and in that time, I found myself. Though, it took many- MANY trials to go through. But I had my family by my side every step of the way, reminding me that I’m not alone. Ah, sorry. I’m going off track. I would describe myself as an understanding person, reasonable and calm. I do my best to hear all sides of everyone’s stories and do my best to help in any way I can. I do my best to make sure I put 100% in my work, no matter what it is, or what time it is.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:

A topic I love- Ever since moving here, was the History of Karakura and the stories it has to offer. Since arriving, I have loved to explore the Historic areas and buildings and learn from them. Much like the shrine, I tend to ask about the beginning of it, its creation and its meaning from the priests and maidens. Or the Eve tree, the woods, or the cemetery. Of which holds the people who rest now, but once lived in Karakura before me.
To achieve writing and making reports, I would ask around town and interview those who know what they know about those places or historical facts of Karakura, or even reading about the history.
As for my comfort zone, I don’t really find discomfort in many things- but if I did, if I needed to pass and cross my own boundaries in order to finish a report, I would. But before doing so, I would ask my fellow reporters to see if they knew anything first before continuing.

What are your expectations for the job?:
I expect to have to socialize quite a lot, having to run to and from places in order to interview or learn. Or even taking some time to myself and sitting at a desk to write reports or help proofread my co-worker’s reports in order to help them if ever needed! Plus- Knowing that a few people I view as family are working in the new station, I know that I’ll be guided and taught well! Maybe a little chaotic, but we’ll see where it goes.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
Ah- Sadly yes. I was arrested for carrying two illegal weapons. I was very young at that time and I was hanging out with the wrong crowd, which caused a few unwanted things to be written in my story. Thankfully, since then, I’ve had a clean record and haven’t been to jail since.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
I am fluent in Italian, though I also speak Icelandic and know JSL, or known as Japanese Sign Language.

PROMPTS:
You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

The Beauty of Karakura

Upon moving to Karakura myself, I believed that this city was just like any other. Or possibly even worse. But really, as soon as I get to learn about its History, the beautiful sights that it holds, or even keeps secret, hidden by beautiful and lush trees. Large and formidable mountains that exceed and kiss the sky day and night. The amazing town lights that shine at night, showing the town's beauty, but forever hiding the dark past of its own story. But despite all that, the history of Karakura and the people that once lived there, to the people that live here now, just add to its beauty and continue to do so.

Spots to enjoy and to love

There are many places to see and to explore in Karakura. Many spots left to age and many spots new, created by one or/and by many. Cute little shops, little picnic spots under willows or cherry blossoms. But I feel as though not many people know of the spots that are hidden from the blind eye- or even right in front of them. Spots that once used to be trails of the ‘Old Lords of Karakura’. Or amongst the beautiful shrine, home of not only the shrine maidens and priests, but even spirits that still wish to visit. Even old buildings, caves and structures that have started to fall apart, but if you look closely, they have stories to tell, to share. Whether that be of its meaning, the people who once lived there, or even a love story. And if I know anything, a love story is the most powerful and meaningful story to ever be told.

Is love really ever dead?

Many believe, even myself from time to time, believe that love is “gone”. There’s no place for actual peace and quiet, time for you and just your partner to have some time alone. Either a roommate comes in while you’re watching a movie, or the sounds of revving engines, screeching tires or yelling seem to disturb you even on public dates. But what many don’t seem to see, is that Karakura gives and reveals the best and most quiet places for you to make memories of you and your partner to remember forever until time is nonexistent. As in, there are beautiful and lush caves within the Ochiba forest, with calming pools of water, candles left and cushions. To the ‘Take out spot’ right above the shrine where the ‘kissing stone’ rests, inviting love birds to kiss where many others have, or the two mourning love candles. A hot spring up a mountain by the beach. Sure, you might just want to go on something easy, but why do that when you can go somewhere not many others to this day may have seen or dare to go? Explore, adventure, make those memories, before it’s too late.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 234624.jpg

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 234746.jpg[!] A small click sounded before a small squeak of a chair could be heard in the recording. A gentle clearing of the throat sounded. [!]

Kaneko;

Thank you for seeing me today, Mrs. Hanazono-Beaufoy. I apologize if this interview is holding you from anything important.

Mrs. Hanazono-Beaufoy;
[!] A small and gentle laugh could be heard along with a child’s giggle. [!]

Oh gods no. To be honest, It’s nice to get out of the house from time to time. Plus, I always find it fun to help the reporters from time to time. And Mrs. Beaufoy is just fine.

Kaneko;
Of course! Now, onto the interview, I’m going to ask you a few questions. Is that fine with you?

Mrs. Beaufoy;
Mhm. That’s fine with me. Hit me with them, I will do my best to answer.

Kaneko;
[!] The sound of rustling paper could be heard softly. [!]

What are your thoughts on the city of Karakura since you moved here?

Mrs. Beaufoy;
[!] There was a gentle sound of a baby babbling. [!]

Hmm, since I moved here? Karakura in my opinion at first, was a little too much for me. I was so used to a small town from where I’m from, and moving to this- large, extravagant looking city- took me by surprise. But the longer I stayed, the more at home I felt.

Kaneko;
I see. And what was it like for you to settle down in Karakura? You say it was different from where you used to once live.

Mrs. Beaufoy;
[!] A soft hum came from the recording. [!]

It was hard. I had moved to Karakura to follow after my twin brother. But- we got into some messy things, terrible choices. We made friends only to lose them in time, and we never fit into any family. At one point, we got into a small life of crime. I never wanted that life, but I was following after him. I..- I lost many important people, my twin included. And I once thought I was going to lose my mind. Until I met the Hanazono’s and I was taken in. Then I reconnected with Isaiah, my husband. He helped me find my center and I finally settled. We started a family and I wouldn't have it any other way. I mean, even my father moved over here and he settled down as well.

Kaneko;
Okay, so- would you say that love made you settle and stay?

Mrs. Beaufoy;
Huh- I guess in a way, yes! I loved my brother and followed him here. I love the Hanazono family and I am forever grateful to them. And reconnecting with Isaiah, made me want to stay. And the love of my lovely kids, as made me realize that all that happened was worth it.

Kaneko;
I see that. You say the Hanazono’s took you in and they are a reason you stayed. How so?

Mrs. Beaufoy;
Well, I met my brother, Yamato, when I was in another family. It took a very long time for us to connect. We both have a background that makes trusting people a little hard from time to time. Especially in Karakura. But, he introduced me to the Hanazono family and right away, even though I wasn’t family to them, I looked up to them all. They helped me realize I needed to find and walk my own path, that I didn’t have to follow my twin's steps. And when life got so hard for me, they saved me. They took me in, and they became my reason to stay in Karakura.

Kaneko;
Wow, so they really are your reason. That’s amazing. And on the topic of love, do you believe that love these days is hard to come by? Or as many others would word it, “dead”?

Mrs.Beaufoy;
That’s a great question. With the newer generations, I do believe that trust in love does become a little harder to find. People want to test and adventure with new things. Which is normal. But, to be honest- there are some days when I hear of something and I feel a little bad. As in, one of my kids fell in love but turned out the partner they had, had about three other lovers. Or, when people only date for pleasure. I always believed in dating for marriage. Not for personal gain.

Kaneko;
Makes sense. You say dating for marriage, and you’re recently married, yes? What is that like?

Mrs. Beaufoy;
Well, not married yet. But engaged. So far, I love it. It’s nice and amazing. We go on dates as much as we can now that we have the triplets. Which even then, we tend to take them with us for just- family fun. To the beach or take them where my fiance and I went on for our first few dates.

Kaneko;
Sounds lovely! Love stories have always been my favorite kind of story. And while we’re on that topic of love and dates, where were some places you and your fiance went on for your dates?

Mrs.Beaufoy;
[!] A laugh could be heard, before a hushed hum. [!]
There were many places! We went to the shrine, up the mountain, on trails, or even onto the mainland. But there were a few that will forever be burned into my memory.

Kaneko;
May I ask, where were those dates at?

Mrs. Beaufoy;
Hmm, there was the ‘Take out’ spot just above the shrine garden. There’s a projection screen and the kissing rock. There’s a sweet little note that asks ‘Wanna kiss?’ and I thought it was the sweetest thing. Then we went to the Tree of Eve. Beautiful and large tree in the center of Shopping district. Then the spot he proposed. The Hot spring just above the beach. Secluded and safe.

Kaneko;
I haven’t seen those spots before, except for the tree of Eve. But, what makes the memories different from the others?

Mrs. Beaufoy;
Well, the ‘Take out’ Spot was our first date. We had just found out we had loved each other while we were in high school and we laughed about it there. And plus, we watched the ‘Cars’ movie since we were reminded of it. Then for the Tree of Eve, it started to rain, and we had to take shelter under it until the rain passed. We talked about our lives in Karakura before we found each other again. We reconnected. And then for the beach hot spring, he proposed to me. And I remember him shaking, he was so nervous. A man who was in the Marine branch, spooked over a proposal.

Kaneko;
[!] A laugh came from Kaneko. [!]
Definitely sounds like something to hold dear to your heart. Do you wish for the same kind of love for your kids, or even the people of Karakura?

Mrs. Beaufoy;
I do. I hope everyone finds their someone, and they write their own love story. There are so many stories that have been left here in this city. Love, sad, scary or interesting. But, most of the love stories I have heard from here, have never gone wrong.

Kaneko;
That was amazing. Thank you for your time today, Mrs. Beaufoy. This interview is done. You are free to go home back to your family.

Mrs. Beaufoy;
Thank you for having me.

[!] The audio would end. [!]

[OOC]
Additional Information:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-09 234325.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-08-09 234325.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 88

Aania

Level 178
Administrator
News Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:

Please get in touch with me via Discord @ aania to start the process and get you set up!

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread