Check out our in character Social Media

mc.roleplayhub.net

Loading status...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jamlesslee's Psychiatrist Application

Discussion in 'Reviewed Applications' started by jamlesslee, Aug 3, 2020.

1. jamlesslee

jamlesslee Greece Level 4

Local Time:
    11:06 AM
    • ────── ✾ ────── •
    [​IMG]
    • ────── ✾ ────── •
    IGN:
    jamlesslee

What timezone are you in?:
    Greece (GMT+3)

Do you have Discord? If you do, list it here:
    Yes I do, @Jongho종호[♡]#8772

How long have you been on the server for?:
    I joined the server during mid-July of 2019 and played almost daily with some exceptions ever since, summing up to around 11 months at the moment.

Do you have any previous bans or kicks?:
    *( Please link or show evidence )
    I’ve never been banned on the server however I have been kicked for role changes in the past. I make sure to frequently read the rules and do my best in following them. Additionally I have been a regular player of SchoolRP for almost a year.

List your past and current applications:
    *( Please link or show evidence )

What’s your motivation for applying?:
    I’ve always found EMS to be quite interesting, both in real life and within the server. When the hospital first made its appearance, back in around November while I was still working in the Karakura Police Department, serving as a cop, it managed to peak my interest. After my dismissal of the Police Department, I never got myself to actually apply. This continued to bother me up till recently, resulting in me wanting to apply and try something new within the server.
    Another reason that motivated me to apply for such a job is due to the family my character is in. The Saiky family is known to have quite a few members working in the hospital of Karakura and so that also played a small part in making me want to apply.
    A third and very important reason as to why I wish to apply and join the EMS is due to the fact that I would like to gain more knowledge concerning doctors, medicine and EMS in general. Rather than only knowing first aid and working as a School Nurse with whatever knowledge I’ve gained throughout my life, I’d like to get actual training and help the citizens of Karakura during emergencies.

What are you applying for?:
    I am applying for Psychiatrist.

What do you know about the role you’re applying for?:
    Within the hospital and the city as a whole, psychiatrists are one of the most important jobs as they take care of the mental state of patients. Their job is to plan sessions with patients who are in need of help due to their unstable mental state and help them overcome their troubles. If a patient requires a prescription for a drug, it is their job to give them the right prescription which will help them get better.
    The role of a psychiatrist requires patience as well as a stable mental state as they deal with patients who are willing to vent out their problems in need of medical help which can be quite stressful at times. In short, psychiatrists are in charge of diagnosing mental disorders and must assess the mental and physical effects that a disorder may have on the patient.

Do you know the basic Color Codes for medical emergencies?:
    Code Blue: A Medical Emergency.
    Code Red: Fire or smoke.
    Code Black: Bomb threats or suspicious objects.
    Code Pink: Infant or child abduction.
    Code Orange: Hazmat spill.
    Code Silver: Active shooter.
    Code Violet: Violent or combative individual.
    Code Yellow: Disaster.
    Code Brown: Severe weather.
    Code White: Evacuation.
    Code Green: Emergency Activation.

Are you aware that each position has a set minimum age limit? (N: 23, D: 25, S: 28)*
    *(Key: N = Nurse, D = Doctor, S = Surgeon)
    I’m aware that each position has a different age limit.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
    I understand that I can be demoted at any time and I'm willing to accept the consequences of being inactive.

What do you know about basic medical knowledge?:
    Though, I’ve never received proper training, I know the basics of first aid as we were taught in my school. I’ve also watched a few medical shows where they explain how to treat different cases within the hospital and show the process of doing so. Other than the things I’ve been taught in school as well as through medical shows and dramas, I would like to get proper training within Karakura’s hospital concerning medical practice.
    Due to my lack of knowledge in this field, I’m willing to listen to the higher ups of the hospital and take a lot of notes in order to help the citizens of Karakura and perhaps become a good doctor in the future.

List all the EMS roles and their jobs:
    Nurse: The job of a nurse is to help take care of patients during medical emergencies as well as provide emotional support if needed. They must also keep the public informed of any new illnesses going around. Part of their job is to monitor patients’ conditions and provide them with advice and a lot of care.

Doctor: Doctors are health professionals, just like nurses they must take care of patients during medical emergencies, examine them and in general they are in charge of diagnosing illnesses, injuries and treating them. They are also in charge of checking up on the patients in order to inform them of their illnesses and must come up with treatments. In short, Doctors are in charge of maintaining the human health, mainly minor injuries, through the practice of medicine and making sure the patients receive treatment.

Surgeons: Just like Doctors, Surgeons are in charge of ensuring the patients’ wellbeing by performing surgeries on patients with more complex or major injuries such as shattered bones, tumors etc. Their job is to remove or replace diseased or damaged parts or areas within the human body in order to keep the patients healthy. They’re also in charge of diagnosing patients as well as giving them prescriptions.

Psychiatrists: As already mentioned, the job of a psychiatrist is to treat patients with mental, emotional and behavioral disorders. Unlike doctors and surgeons, they mostly work with the mental state of patients which does not require the treatment of physical wounds. They’re in charge of diagnosing patients with mental disorders this including:
    • Anxiety Disorders.
    • Mood Disorders such as Depression.
    • Eating Disorders.
    • Personality Disorders.
    • Post-traumatic stress Disorder (PTSD).
    • And Psychotic Disorders, including schizophrenia.
    As well as writing prescriptions for those disorders.

Clinical Lead: Clinical leads are the ones responsible for their corresponding clinical area. They’re the ones who are in charge of the training of their trainees as well as monitoring the people in the branches, making sure they’re doing a good job. They’re also responsible for giving certain activities for the people under their category to follow.

Clinical Manager: This is one of the most important positions within the hospital as they are in charge of all hospital staff. Their duties include the managing of clinical, administrative and clerical staff; they’re also in charge of managing the recruitment of new employees. They’re responsible for monitoring the development of the hospital staff, just like the Clinical Leads but for all clinical areas, including the Clinical Leads themselves. The clinical manager must also attend meetings in order to discuss future plans as well as the development of the hospital with the Head Physician, adding suggestions for any improvements needed.

Head Physician: Last but certainly not least, the head physician, or in other words, the owner of the hospital. They’re the ones who make the big decisions around the hospital, manage the budget of the hospital staff, are in charge of recruiting as well as training new trainees if needed. They create rules within the hospital as well as make sure all staff members follow the rules in order to give the highest quality medical care.

• ────── ✾ ────── •
    [​IMG]
    • ────── ✾ ────── •
    CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

How are you like during and off shift?:
    As a psychiatrist, Hikaru will act professionally around patients, though knowing how to adjust his tone around different patients. He’s a calm person overall and so he’s not the type to panic easily. Around his co-workers, he knows to treat them with respect, along with his higher ups. Hikaru looks up to his higher ups and strives to perhaps be like them some day. During calmer days, when there are only a few patients, he’s slightly more laid back around his co-workers. He’s quite bubbly but as already mentioned, he knows when to act professional and serious.

Off the job, Lux is very bubbly and cheerful, sometimes even childish around his friends. He enjoys having fun, partying and whatnot. He’s confident in himself and his actions, making sure to not regret anything later on. If he stumbles upon an injured individual, he’s willing to drop everything he’s doing in order to help them.

How would you describe your personality in summary?:
    Lux is an overall cheerful and somewhat childish at times male. He likes to be optimistic and enjoy the beauties of life, although he does have his depressed moments just like everyone else. He’s taken it upon himself to put others first and make sure they’re happy and healthy, explaining his previous job as a School Nurse and current one as a Psychiatrist. He has a weak spot for his family and for children in general, wanting to become a father someday. Although the male usually acts childish and is soft most of the time, he knows exactly when he needs to be serious. Hikaru is usually confident in what he’s doing and generally believes in himself.

How would you describe your appearance?
    Hikaru is a Japanese Male, standing at 6’2” with an athletic, mesomorphic build. He has black and brown hair, though he always dyes them a different color, depending on his mood usually; and gunmetal blue eyes, complimenting his face. He usually smells of Lavender as the flower is his favorite color, purple. Hikaru has a tongue and lip piercing, along with earrings. A scar crosses through his eye, seeming to be a burn scar.

Do you have any mental or physical illnesses we should be aware of?
    *( Please link or show evidence if an application was required )
    Hikaru has no mental or physical illnesses that would get in the way of his work. He is a bit of an alcoholic, but he’s doing his best to cut down on the amount of alcohol consumed weekly. He knows that drinking during work hours is not allowed and is ready to follow that rule.
    February 21st, 1995.
    Born into the Saiky family, Hikaru had a pleasant childhood. During his early years, him and his siblings would get along well, often caught observing the older family members studying in order to become Doctors, Nurses, Psychiatrists, Surgeons and in general hospital staff members. It seemed to run into the family and so Hikaru became quite interested in becoming some sort of hospital staff member himself. Once he reached an age where he was able to read, write and understand more complicated subjects, he began getting interested in reading medical books. He wasn’t the smartest kid in school but he wasn’t a rebel either, he was slightly above average when it came to his subjects.
    When Hikaru turned sixteen, he dreamed of continuing studying abroad and following his dreams of becoming a Psychiatrist. His parents allowed him to move to Russia once he had turned seventeen and finally entered the twelfth and final grade of highschool. During his time in Russia, he met a female which he fell in love with and decided to elope with her. His family had no knowledge of the woman however until recently. A few years passed and Hikaru- or Lux- his new nickname received by his wife at the time, finally entered university, studying medicine in order to achieve his dream job, soon being accepted as a trainee in one of Russia’s hospitals, ‘St Petersburg Psychiatric Hospital of Specialized Type with Intense Observation’.
    During his way home one day, he saw people gathered around his apartment complex, gazing towards the rooftop of the building, his wife staring right back at them from the top with cold and dull eyes. He bolted to the rooftop as fast as his legs could take him, reaching out towards the female though being too late, she had taken her last step and was falling off the building. He witnessed his wife’s death, unable to save her.
    A month after the incident, Lux decided to drop everything and move back to Karakura, where his family was already settled and start a new life, find love again and live peacefully, though that dream soon came crashing down. His family found out about his past in Russia, causing him to fall into a depressed state. He was completely given up on his dream of becoming a psychiatrist, not deeming himself worthy until recently. He met a Psychiatrist within Karakura’s hospital who managed to give him hope, causing him to return to his studies in order to finally achieve that dream of his.
    • ────── ✾ ────── •
    [​IMG]
    • ────── ✾ ────── •
    SECTION 1: Personal Details
    Full Name: Hikaru Saiky
    Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Dr. or Mr.
    Given Name(s): Lux
    Preferred Name: Hikaru or Lux
    Religious Denomination: Atheist
    Marital Status: Single
    Nationality: Japanese
    Current Location: Karakura, Japan

• ────── ✾ ────── •
    SECTION 2: Academic Details
    • ────── ✾ ────── •
    Years of Residency: One year.
    Working Experience: He was accepted as a trainee in one of Russia’s hospitals for around two years before moving back to Karakura, where he got a job as a School Nurse for a few months.
    Academic Degree: Ph. D in Psychiatry.
    Year of Graduation: 2018
    Major(s): Psychiatry, Personality psychology
    Minor(s): Journalism, Psychopathology, Biopsychology
    Native Languages: Japanese
    Other Languages: Jin, Russian

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1