Accepted jayseph_ Lore Team Application

jayseph

Level 25
jayseph_
jayseph_
Notable

IGN:
jayseph_ (main)
other accounts - jayyseph (alt) o11ie_ho3 (alt-bird)

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
_jayseph_#6986

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes I do!

Your time zone and current country of residence:
CST/UTC-6, Unites States

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
N/A

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yes, I do recognize that.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
I am currently still a high school student going to be going into my senior year and I do a lot of extracurricular activities so once school starts again it will be a bit more difficult for me to get online and be able to write things. I also show animals and do lots with farm work during the summer, but I am online quite a bit when I can be.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
I truly love everything that has to do with writing, its one of my favorite things to do, especially when it comes down to fictional writing and being able to take something that I'm given a small amount of information about and just kind of run wild with it. Being able to sit down and take a chunk of writing and make it something that reflects the image in my head and be able to tell a sort of story that makes people interested and hooked. I've been able to work through multiple different discord role play servers as well as SRP and just my own writing as well to both make my writing better but also be able to help other people create a story that I enjoy and they do too. I'm also on my high school's speech and debate team, so just writing in general wether it be creative writing, argumentative speeches, research essays, etc. I truly love it all.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I'm a head admin in a fantasy role play discord where I'm also the head narrator for the server itself, so I have quite a bit of experience when it comes to being able to narrate a situation that is going on or just general expression of what an area looks like, that sort of thing is something that I constantly do and really truly love to do. I also create all the lore behind my characters in both SRP, the fantasy discord, and D&D whenever I play it, though its been a while since I've played D&D. Also because of the fantasy discord, I was one of the people who helped create and write the bestiary and other things that go along with the lore that's behind the server itself. Though I don't want to credit myself too much there as someone else had mostly made it before hand, I just helped here and there and also did a large part of narrating events and other things like that.
A summary of the events that I've been involved in narrating: here

In your own words, give your definition of lore:

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.​
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.​
Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

The quiet noise of dripping water resonated throughout the entirety of the humid room the group of individuals sat in. The fire rapidly heated up the chains hung all around, the flames roaring as they combusted the oxygen strewn about the space. A thick layer of smoke covered the ceiling, leading to a choking, nebulous atmosphere. Sat directly on the opposite wall to the fire, covered in sweat and sewer water sat an unconscious man, in front of him were two masked individuals, completely in all black with their backs turned toward the fire. A camera was set up in the middle of the room, planted facing directly towards the unconscious man before the two others in the area approached him. A small kick directly towards the man,
"Wakey wakey, Cyrus."

The formerly unconscious man, now identified as Cyrus M. Tokugawa, shot his head up at the two men in front of him. Sounds of chains as he struggled to try and get out from where he’d been restrained from, one of the men walking away and grabbing a hold of a carton. Some sort of clear liquid held inside, a deep chuckle escaped the lips of the individual holding onto the carton, the other turning with a smirk under his mask to flick on the camera. “Do you know what this is, Cyrus?” He took a step forward, gripping onto Cyrus’s hair and tugging his head back as a way to force it up. “Sulfuric Acid. It causes quite the burn when poured onto one’s skin!” Taking the cap off, the man looked toward the camera as he continued to pull Cyrus’s head back, making him look straight towards the ceiling. “You might want to close your eyes, or else you’ll go blind!” The bottle would then be tipped down, its contents spilling onto Cyrus. Clearly, the liquid would be some form of irritant, the male beginning to thrash around. The tall- 6'5, masked individual would slowly crouch in front of the camera, tilting their head toward the lens. "This is a message to Kaku-Kai: Don’t fuck with Bonten. This is the end for him. Say goodbye!"

The sound of the camera flicking off resonated throughout the cavity, bouncing off the walls making it much louder than what it would have sounded like in a normal room. The individual gave a singular nod to the other man in the room, walking forward the sounds of his shoes tapping on the ground in an almost rhythmic pattern. Once emerged from the darkness, he would be unmasked, making his identity as Gin Hatake shown to Cyrus. A wooden bat dragged on the stone flooring, held loosely in Gin’s right hand as he continued his approach near the chained up man. Cyrus looked up, eyes fluttering slightly as he teetered consciousness. Noises being the only thing that he could focus on in that moment before the individual who was closer to the camera walked forward along with Gin, snapping his fingers directly in front of Cyrus’ face. “You’re nothing anymore, Cyrus. We are the last things you will ever see and we’ll make sure that your family sees what we’ve done.” The voice was harsh and deep, showing no remorse from Gin as he spoke.

A deep chuckle, filled with nothing but a devilish intent escaped from the masked individual as they turned, headed directly towards the flames that still roared inside the wall. Though Cyrus would be unable to see it at the time, they picked up a metal rod that had been sitting inside the flames, being heated during the entire time Cyrus had been sat there, suffering. Gin grabbed onto Cyrus’s shoulders, holding the exhausted man still while the other approached him, branding rod held tightly in his hands.
“Now and forever, your inability to show yourself as a leader will show.” The only words that slipped from the man before the hot end of the rod was pressed directly into his shoulder. Keeping it there for a moment before he took a step back, admiring the work as Cyrus struggled. Sounds of chains pulling, winces, and groans filled the room as the Bonten logo was branded onto Cyrus’s skin.

Gin placed the wooden bat over his shoulder, almost slinging it there in order to keep its place before leaning down close to Cyrus’s ear and whispering,
“Goodnight, Cyrus.” The last words that Cyrus would hear before the sound of the bat slamming against his skull would knock out the boy cold. Whether or not he’d be saved was still up for question, but no one knew where he was or that he was gone. The two individuals simply left him there, walking out of the door as Cyrus would continue to sit in the smoke filled room, completely tied and unable to escape.

[805 words]

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

On the outskirts of the Ochiba Forest, the boundless mountains show interest for those who wish to take on the challenge of hiking the trail to the top of Mount. Karakura. Though the trail starts near the base between two of the large peaks of the mountain itself, the worn down wooden path serves plenty of reason to advise against the passage. Not only that, but the legend of Karakura’s Dragon and the ruby at the peak of Mt. Karakura gave even more ground to keep to the small house and mountain trail that romance-seeking civilians often clung to.

Though the days themselves are unknown, the legend that came from the various stories told from those who first ventured to the peak of Mount. Karakura. The entrance to a small cave lingered just off to the dirt trail that led to a small house, a spot that was often housed by civilians seeking a view of the forest down below with whatever loved-one or friend they chose. Though the cave itself wasn’t a destination many decided to attempt at, having to hop the man-made trail’s fence and begin to climb the steep cliff without any safety. Jagged rocks peeking out of the side, slippery crusted mug begging to fall at any given moment giving the appearance of a place one could place their feet, the dangers were endless. Yet, a few brave souls would show the courage to step off the trail, making their way to the cavern entrance

The direct tunnel that would shown seemed nothing special, stalactites peering down from the ceiling with a rough and uneven flooring. There was barely any light inside, having to make a small fire torch from the sticks on the ground and the dry, dead grass in order to see anything. With a light inside the cavity, small gemstones gliscened, shining brightly onto the faces of the courageous individuals who slowly made their way further into the depths of the darkness. Once passed the tunnel, an even larger area would appear in front of them, water quickly flowing from the heights of the ceiling into a large vestibule. Hikaru holding onto the torched turned to the smaller woman next to him, seeing the space that they’d entered it seemed to have a sort of eerie feeling. “Ayoka, I don’t know if I like this. Maybe we should turn back around-” As he spoke, the woman shot her head directly up at him, the smirk dazzling across her face apparent from the torch flame. “What? Are you scared?” She had a teasing tone to her voice, though seeing that the man didn’t seem to be laughing a small shrug and nod left her body. The two walked out of the cavern, torch thrown directly onto the stone without a second regard.

The pair began to make their way further up the mountain, being the dare devils that they were, it didn’t matter if the wooden path seemed to be missing some planks or rotten in their cores. Swiftly making their way to the mountain’s peak, a bright scarlet shine would catch Hikaru’s eyes causing him to seek out where this glow had been coming from, paying less attention to what was going on with Ayoka or the path itself. Once he finally reached the ruby gemstone, Hikaru took out a small knife, beginning to chip away at the stone itself until a small piece plopped into his hand. The wind direction changed within the instant the ruby broke off into Hikaru’s hand, causing the man to finally look up from where his eyes had been trained.

“Ayoka- Where did you..?” The woman was gone as soon as he looked, almost like she’d never even made it to the peak in the first place. A small rumble underneath Hikaru’s feet caused him to grasp onto the small tree beside him, eyes widening in the fear of falling down before closing them tightly. The speed of the wind picked up its pace so much the man thought he would be thrown from the top of Karakura’s peak. Until it just stopped, almost as quick as it had started. There was no longer a rumble under him, nor any wind around him at all. Finally Hikaru opened his eyes. Set directly in front of him would be a scaled creature, the body of a snake yet four arms and a lizard-like head.

. . .

Karakura’s Mayor would be standing directly behind a small podium, news reporters' hands flying into the air before he cleared his throat to speak.
“As of today, 18 year-old Hikaru Mai and also 18 year-old Ayoka Takashi have been reported missing. Their last known location was the peak of Mount. Karakura. Anyone with knowledge of their location is asked to speak with the Commissioner at once.”

[802 words]

Last edited:

Demurity

Level 35
Accepted
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. Apologies for the long wait but welcome to the team! DM me at sophia#3114 to get all your roles set up.

Users who are viewing this thread