@gothcita

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

What is your time zone?:
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I acknowledge if I am inactive, I will be demoted

Describe your activity on the server:
As of this application, I currently have 6 weeks 3 days playtime. This started around late May 2023, with a 2 month break around September - November, which was needed for mental health reasons. I came back mid-December 2023 and I've continued to remain active to this day.
SUNDAY​
MONDAY​
TUESDAY​
WEDNESDAY​
THURSDAY​
FRIDAY​
SATURDAY​
7-11PM (Around 4 hours)​
5-11PM (Around 6 hours)​
5-11PM (Around 6 hours)​
5-11PM (Around 6 hours)​
5-11PM (Around 6 hours)​
5-1am (Around 8 hours)​
Free all day (Still around 4-6 hours)​

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:

[ACCEPTED] https://schoolrp.net/threads/jnlies-2nd-jsl-application.61513/
[ACCEPTED] https://schoolrp.net/threads/jnlie-italian-language-app.64878/
[ACCEPTED] https://schoolrp.net/threads/jnlies-language-application.67365/
[ACCEPTED] https://schoolrp.net/threads/jnlies-other-application.67547/

[DENIED] https://schoolrp.net/threads/jnlies-jsl-application.61454/

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Primary slot is a Grade-12, Secondary slot is a Fish whitelist, Third slot is a Grade-12, Fourth slot is Cat, and Fifth slot is just empty

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Math

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher is I've always wanted another/different roleplay experience; I've always been used to the Grade-12 characters, but eventually I’ve spread out to trying a fish then a cat character, which I actively enjoy since it is a new perspective and new way to roleplay. In my personal life, I’ve always excelled in math related subjects which led me to tutoring my peers and younger classmates, so I do have a bit experience in teaching already and I’d be familiar with how to help kids learn. A teacher can make or a break a person’s view on an academic life and I’d want to be a teacher that makes it possible, learning is something I’ve always been keen to doing and as much as I want to learn, I also want to be able to teach people, whether that’s in real life or through SRP.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
Yes

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
The teacher class logs are where teachers can record the classes they've done so they can be calculated properly for their payroll for each month. Each class log consists of submitting their username, how many classes they've done that month currently, which room the class was held in, how many students attended each class, how long each class lasted for, and the currently available/online high school students. The class logs are important since it helps higher staff, other teachers, and yourself see the progress you've made towards being a teacher and how your class performances well. This is something that can be easily referenced too when it comes to becoming a NQT or a QT or even a HD.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
As a teacher, the strict rules being held in class depend on the subject and the teacher’s personality; these both can affect how the rules are enforced. For my character, she would be strict but try to be understanding, with a touch of "If you show me respect, I'll give you respect." All of these follow the same path of 2 verbal warnings, then a remove from class or detention if it escalates.

Rule 1: No eating or drink in class. There's no reason to eat during class time as there is lots of time outside of class to eat. This disrupts lessons, student's concentration, and can be messy. Imagine trying to teach in a quiet, respectful classroom, and someone opens a loud bag of chips and drinks their clown juice out of a straw. This rule would of course involve alcohol.
Rule 2: No phones allowed. Phones can cause you to lose focus on what is important, and can be distracting for other classmates, as well as being disrespectful to someone trying to educate you, so please have your phone silenced or turned off and put away. Phone time is best used outside of the classroom, unless the teacher allows it inside the classroom.
Rule 3: Raise your hand to communicate. This rule is important since I feel like the best way for a classroom to succeed is to have an organized way to communicate. Raising your hand is a simple solution to communicating, whether you have a question, have an answer, something you want to acknowledge, or even just to use the bathroom. Blurting out random questions, or talking over the teacher can be disruptive and disrespectful to other classmates.
Rule 4: Pay Attention in Class: Math can be a tricky subject to learn and something missed can be detrimental to your education, but of course, questions are always allowed so feel free to ask as many as you want to!
Rule 5: Always strive to be your best! Being active in the class, participating and doing your school work shows that you are prepared and striving to be your best.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’ve always been into roleplay since I was younger, starting around elementary school playing Minecraft with friends and roleplaying as if we’re in medieval times.
Eventually I got into roleplaying on GTA with friends on Xbox, and then roleplaying on FiveM GTA. I’ve always played several minecraft roleplay servers throughout the years, especially creative servers such as CreativeFun where they always did small private roleplays in each plot. I’ve also been on a private community SMP where we played medieval characters a few years ago. SRP is my first experience back into Minecraft roleplay since I started almost a year ago.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:

Head of Department
↳ Description:
The Head of Department is the highest ranking position. This is an important position which shows that they’ve advanced as far as possible, developing the skills required to make decisions for their department and for teaching newer teachers. They are essentially someone that other teachers go to for help, advice, and to learn from, as well as listening and respecting them. This requires the most experience and dedication.
- QT
↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
A Qualified Teacher is a teacher that has been fully qualified and has enough experience to teach on their own and supervise UT/NQTs. They are someone to go to if you need advice or help as they are the second highest work.
- NQT
↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
A Newly Qualified Teacher is a teacher that has completed the training and supervision required and are now qualified to host their own class, but this doesn’t mean they are done with learning as they will still have HDs or QTs overlooking them; They still have a way to go and more experience needed before becoming a QT.
- UT
↳ Meaning:

Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:
An Unqualified Teacher is a teacher that is brand new to teaching, a newcomer in the faculty. They require training and supervision as they’re brand new before they can teach/host any class, as well as being on a “trial period” to see if they are fit to run a class. They are usually spectating a HD or QT’s class to learn from them.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Out-of-game, teachers serve the purpose of educating the next generation and hold a lot of responsibility for what they do. They are meant for students to rely on and go to when it comes to learning about the world and how subjects interact with one another. Communication plays a huge part in their daily lives, whether it’s communicating with their coworkers, tutoring kids directly, or giving lessons or lectures. A NQT starts with a base pay of ¥350,000 after completing 10 classes while QT’s have a base-pay of ¥400,000. After completing the minimum quota, Teachers receive +¥50,000 for every five classes after, on top of their paycheck until the ¥500,000 maximum amount has been reached, as well as teachers can only do four classes a day OOCly. Teachers often teach in different ways depending on the subject and their personality. Some teachers are more strict with rules and others are more lenient. Some require more focus while others require more creativity, which means it depends on the way teachers teach, but generally they should teach to educate. Teachers in their spare time either use it to review lesson plans, go over their students’ work, or live their lives. After all, they’re regular people too who have a life outside of school.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are important to a SchoolRP server since they provide the second half of a SchoolRP, creating a sort of loop where students and teachers combined create the full experience. Without teachers, there wouldn't be classes, there wouldn't be an education system or any type of learning, there wouldn't be a school or a roleplay, and students would eventually get tired of the staleness if there were no teachers around. They are a backbone to the community since they provide opportunities for students to interact with and to get a form of a true school experience, while people are able to roleplay as teachers to get a handle of what they might be like, or how they would want their type of teacher to act like. Teachers provide an interactive experience that can feel true to how a real school would act, even if it is through a virtual school.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
Karakura High School uses the MoSCoW lesson planning system, which means Must Have, Should Have, Could Have, Won’t Have. (The o’s are there to easily pronounce the acronym)

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?

Valeria Rivera would stand at 5’4, being around 120 lbs. Being the latina she is, she’d have lean tan skin with brown wavy long hair, reaching down towards her waist, with a side swept bang that would have her brown eyes showing through them. She’d have a beauty mark under the right corner of her lip, which accentuates her face, along with her glasses that always sit on her face.
Valeria would always look stern or serious, but she’d act the complete opposite. She’d always listen and understand, asking questions when needed to get a better grasp of the concepts being explained. She would never hesitate or be afraid to say something if it’s important. She’d always help people when needed and wouldn’t mind going out of her way or doing more for someone so they are satisfied. Teaching to her is something she’s always been passionate about, since she’s always had to care for her only child and teach them everything about the world; Doing this made her want to teach other kids because it gave her joy.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
Growing up, Valeria always had to care for her siblings, throughout school time and by the time she grew up, she had a child of her own which she raised by herself. She was always involved in her child’s life, helping him with studying and making sure he’s performing well in school, continuing this even throughout highschool currently. She always loved the idea of teaching, and once she began teaching all of those years ago, she’s always enjoyed her time. Sure, some classes always had students with a negative attitude but she always did her best to help them and educate them so they can strive for their best. She’s always cared about taking care of young people, having the role to educate them and be involved, even if it was just in a classroom. She wants to do her best to educate the next generation, as they’re the future and will make the best decisions for everyone. When it comes to coworkers, she’s always done her best to be friendly, trying to spend her time discussing lesson plans with them, cooperating to see if classes can do things together, and comparing and contrasting things together to learn from them or show them something new. She loves spending time with her coworkers, since it’s essentially a new form of family to her since teaching is her life.

What are their plans for the future?
With Valeria being a foreign to Karakura, she predicts she'd stay in the area for a long time. It's a dream to be in her position and living in Karakura with a stable job, after all she worked hard for it through out her years. She'd most likely retire in Karakura, or a different part of Japan with hopefully meeting someone soon to spend the rest of her life with and to settle down. She'd keep on passing life day by day, educating students and help them to their fullest potential, and working towards a higher position in Karakura, since that's the type of woman she is.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Valeria would walk up to the group, interrupting them and making sure they are listening to what she said. She would then ask them to stop cursing and to keep that outside of school or to not curse in general. After that she'd try to figure out the situation to get a better understanding as to why they are cursing and what the context is. She'd give them a verbal warning but if the situation escalates or continues, she'd ask on the faculty radio for help if needed, but she'd hand the cursers a detention slip regardless and notify the other faculty members of said situation.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
If no student in my class is listening to a word being said, Valeria would raise her voice to try and capture their attention, or clap if it gets too rowdy, and ask them to quiet down, pay attention, and listen. If it continues, she'd simply end the lesson and give them work that they will be graded on based on said lesson. If none of that works, she'd simply end the class altogether, since if there is no one listening, there is no point in having the class to begin with, as it would waste the time of the few trying people trying to learn and participate. If it's only certain delinquents vs a whole class of students, those said delinquents will receive a warning then detention and be removed from the class.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Valeria may look like the type of woman to give off a "leave me alone" look, but in reality, her attitude is completely the opposite when she's around people that she's familiar with. She'd greet her fellow workers and initiate conversation if possible, or join in as long as it was okay with them. She'd talk to them about their lives, upcoming class lessons or plans, talk to them about workers or ask for advice if she needed some. She'd smile and be friendly as she wouldn't want to upset anyone, but also want to get her work done. If she were alone, she'd stay quiet and humbly grade her students' work, as that's an important task to her.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
She'd stand Infront of her desk, giving off a friendly smile, as she waits until her students were all seated, organized, and paying attention before beginning with &f"Good morning class! My name is Miss Valeria as some of you may know, but for those who don't, it's a pleasure to meet you. Please make sure your phones are off and silenced as today we will continuing with our Algebra lesson, Section 2A. Please open up your notebooks, if you do not have one, please walk up now in an orderly line and I will hand you one."

/me She'd turn to the chalkboard, writing neatly as she writes "m / 9 - 6 = 0." She'd turn around, using her chalk to point to the equation, and repeating the equation &f"&f&oM &rdivided by nine minus six equals zero. Please raise your hand if you would like to come up here to solve this equation!"

/me She'd stand in the front of her desk, a stack of papers sitting neatly next to her as she waits for her students to finish studying, smiling cheekily. &f"Okay class, everyone should now put their phones, calculators, and notes away. It's time for your exam. Please come up here and grab a paper. Make sure all of your work is shown and stay quiet to not disturb the class. You have until the end of the class to finish, and please, raise your hand if you have any questions, I will help if needed."

/me She'd silently and slowly walk around the classroom with her hands together behind her back, looking over her students' shoulders, and checking their work as she passes by, but checking more importantly that they don't have their phones out.

Backstory
Valeria Rivera was born in Mission Viejo, California, a few months after her parents immigrated from Tamaulipas, Mexico. She was raised in the middle of 4 other siblings, which left her feeling neglected, but she was still able to handle being independent from them growing up. She moved a lot, which caused her to be distant from other students, developing a mindset around 5th grade of "We're gonna move eventually, so what's the point of being close with anyone?" She was always book smart, reading anything she could find in her local library or in school libraries, and studying in her free time, but giving priority to help her younger siblings by teaching them and educating them By the time she went to middle school, her parents enrolled her in a private institute, with her 2 older siblings, as they felt it would've helped her excel in life. She spent her middle school years studying Japanese, as one of her best friends she was introduced to was in nearly all the same classes with her, and her study buddy. By the time high school came around, Japanese had become another language for her, using it actively in online chat rooms, or with her best friend. After doing research with her best friend, they found a scholarship for a school in Japan, the Karakura High School, they would end up both applying, but only Valeria was accepted. She left her family and best friend behind to become a foreign exchange student there, and lived with another family as she went to high school there. This was when she really got interested in teaching and learning more. She always had a tendency of wanting to know more information so she can be well educated in most things. She began to excel in classes, with math related subjects being one that she was always a grade ahead of, being in classes with older classmates and tutoring kids at a local middle school. Doing this over the years gave her a greater sense of purpose, enjoying her time interacting and educating people. Eventually, when she started going to college, this led her to scholarships, giving her an opportunity to educate highschoolers and younger, while also being able to use that experience for her degree as she’d have a general knowledge of what to do. It’s like a cycle, in what she learns from her college classes towards her degree, she could use to educate younger students, and use that experience from actually educating, to help her with her classwork. After being confident that teaching would be her life purpose, she graduated college after 4 years, getting her degree. She’d then begin teaching at a local Japanese middle school, then staying there for a few years, before trying her hand to begin educating highschoolers, as her child was now a highschooler.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)
SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Valeria Rivera
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss
Given Name(s):
Valeria
Preferred Name:
Valeria, but to students Miss Valeria

Age (Minimum is 25):
Religious Denomination:
Agnostic
Marital Status:
Divorced, Single
Nationality:
Mexican
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

11 Total Years
- 4 years tutoring
- 7 years at a Middle School
Academic Degree:
Bachelor’s
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Education, Mathematics
Minors:
Finance

Native Languages:
Spanish
Other Languages:
English, Japanese, JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No
Extra
Additional notes about your application:

N/A
Do you have any questions?:
N/A​

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Pending
Thank you for applying! Your application was wonderful! However,

• There were other applications that stood out more
  • The subject you applied for is currently capped

Please feel free to work on the application until the next wave of applications!

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread