Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):
Joetempz

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
Joetempz_#5900

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
GMT

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
I have 1 ban for having 4 warnings in one day.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes I do!

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I would say I am a very active member on the server, being on for multiple hours daily. On a scale of 10, I would say I am around an 8. If I am not actively on the server, I am active on discord, keeping in contact with my friends or catching up on anything I missed on the server. I am almost always able to be reached on discord.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I have some knowledge about shintoism, not as much as I would hope to have for the position, but I really wish to learn more about it. I have studied up on the religion for the application and have familiarized myself with most of the monastery itself. I am fully prepared to learn more about the religion.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I stand out over other applicants due to my confidence. I will be a very active member of the shrine, which I know is important since I myself have tried to roleplay at the shrine and sadly no staff is online. While I may not have extensive knowledge of Shintoism, I will be able to learn quickly. I love the server, and I want to roleplay with different people. I will be able to detailRP like the shrine staff do. I am looking forward to growing into a large part of the faction.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
I acknowledge the fact I will have to attend mandatory meetings to learn more.

───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Dallas H. Volkosnky

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mr

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Russian

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
030-160-9633

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
My motivation for applying is my devotion to Shintoism. While I may not have believed in Shintoism my whole life, when I first discovered it, I found it was what I was missing in life. It was a light in my life when it was otherwise dark. Now I wish to show others that same light. I will guide others through the religion and teach them about it, just as I did before.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
The shrine prays to the Kami Chiharu-Yamatsumi. This Kami is the only one that is still at the shrine after it was tragicazally burnt down. The reason behind the burning is unknown, some believe it was the Kami who did it in rage, or an enraged priest.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

I hope you are well. My name is Dallas H. Volkosnky. I am a follower of Shintoism, and while I have not always believed in this religion, it has become a major part of my life. I hope that when you read my application, you will consider me. I was very misguided early in life, but when I found shintoism, I changed for the better. Shintoism was a light at the end of the tunnel for me, guiding me to a purpose. I know that if I am given this position, I will make a major impact on the shrine, and community as a whole.

Sincerely
Dallas H. Volkosnky​
BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
With a family filled with only boys, the Joneses celebrated when their first son arrived. Dallas. , of course, but the very first name they had celebrated of was “jack ” when they visually perceived her ocular perceiver color. On July 12, 1990, a baby boy was born. It was safe to verbally express that he wasn’t born into extreme affluence, but they had gotten by quite well, especially when it came to fortifying their children. Dallas's mother had passed away at an adolescent age, leaving him as the main caretaker when it came to taking care of his siblings. She packed school lunches and availed his siblings with homework, and went as far as to take a component-time job when living in Portugal. While being in Highschool, she had met a friend by the denomination of “Miyasaki C. O'Sullivan” a student who had worked at the local store where Dallas shopped at customarily. Miyasaki C. O'Sullivan emboldened the male to switch over to medicine-focused courses when it came down to university exams, despite his wanting to study business and math, he gave in and was convinced with Miyasaki C. O'Sullivan right in the juxtaposition of her. In 2007, he graduated from Highschool and had no quandary finding a position as a student attending The University of Tokyo for Medicine. While not being consummately fluent in Portuguese, he spent his time learning from Miyasaki C. O'Sullivan and fellow students, not only that, but he had withal commenced working on his tailoring accommodation on the side that is still running till this day, he graduated in 2017.Unfortunately, being away from his family was arduous, and after a hard and prolix argument with, his only ‘family’ at that time, he had gotten into quite a traumatic contingency where he had suffered from short-term recollection loss as long as any recall facility of her life.
Physiatrists believed that he had to bring on an incipient identity. ‘Dallas’. Afore applying for her job as a Receptionist in Karakura. Dallas is cognizant of his abuse of the substance in his past, he is very sensitive about the topic of alcohol which is why he is very kenned to be against his adopted daughter's imbibing habits as well. After he had quit his job from school, he found it hard to find another one, wanting to spend some time alone as his motivation had drained, but after the passing of his brother, Jack, he decided to join the Karakura Hospital Staff where he worked for a few months after consummating her training. At first, joe did not want to work as a person who superseded jack on the team, so he left, needing to find her want to perpetuate as a healthcare worker without living in the shadows of his older brother. Now, he is choosing to try again, kenning that his daughters are old enough to take care of themselves, and he conclusively found her purpose

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

The duties that Shinto Priests and Maidens have many tasks, which include taking care of the monastery, giving tours to anyone who wants, while also teaching about Shintoism. Where they differ is where priests offer rituals for the Kami, while maidens perform ritual dances or play instruments for guests.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
Before entering the shrine, guests must wash their hands. At the entrance, before the bridge, there is a purification trough that has spring water that is natural to the shrine. Guests pour water over their hands with the laddles that are in the trough. After cleansing themselves, they can proceed to the shrine.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
The first step is to set down your offering on the offering box. After, you ring the bell with the rope outside of the offering hall. This alerts the Kami that there is an offering. After ringing the bell, you face the shrine and bow twice. Then you stand up straight, clap twice and make your prayer. After making the prayer, you take one more bow.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
To start the tea ceremony ritual, you bow to the guest and offer them tea. After, you take them to the tea house and make the tea, only after taking off your shoes before entering. After making the tea, you set it down in front of the guest with the bowl facing you, then when you pour it, the bowl should be facing away from you in your left hand. After they are satisfied, the guest should bow and then you take the bowl and wash it before putting it away.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
A Tamagushi is a tool made of a branch from a Sakaki tree. These offerings are used for weddings, funerals, as well as offerings to the Kami, since they are a sign of good.

The Ofuda is a talisman that are made from paper, cloth or wood. They are mostly used to decorate shrines, but they also bring safety from evil to those who have them.

The Kagura Suzu is an instrument that is used to perform the Kagura dance. It has 12 bells and can only be played by a maiden.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app. Perhaps in the future you should check out the shrine's involvement in the history of Karakura Feel free to reapply in the future!​

Users who are viewing this thread