JollyJoltik

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
JollyJoltik#4560

How old are you? (Optional):
I am 18 years old.

What is your time zone?:
My timezone is EEST.

Describe your activity on the server:
I'd say I'm a rather active player in the SchoolRP community, maintaining at least 5-6 hours daily on the server. I sometimes may happen to be online for additional hours, depending on my schedule and how much free time I have in general. The only times where I won't be as active is when something urgent has occurred.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
A single ban for ERP on 2020
https://schoolrp.net/threads/blackrosekillers-ban-appeal.22719/

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I'm well aware of that fact, and I'm willing to be as active as I can.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
I am applying for the Tutor position.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
A tutor's duty is to work with students and enable them to perform at a higher level academically. They also assist their students by reviewing their assignments, test preparation, projects, research and in general anything else the student is in need of. Tutors usually help with specific subjects, but that doesn’t mean they cannot help with any additional ones.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’m more than glad to say that I have got quite a lot of experience on SchoolRP, ever since mid 2019, though I quit it until early 2020. After coming back though, I’ve been through a rather large amount of different role playing situations, those being arranged from the server’s school faction, as a tutor and a teacher, a psychiatrist and even a cadet.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Greek
https://schoolrp.net/threads/nightrps-language-application.24478/ - Accepted
Tutor https://schoolrp.net/threads/greqorys-private-tutor-application.26448/ - Denied
2nd Tutor https://schoolrp.net/threads/greqorys-private-tutor-application-2.27304/ - Denied
3rd Tutor https://schoolrp.net/threads/8zxgs-private-tutor-app.32554/ - Accepted
Chef https://schoolrp.net/threads/gregs-school-chef-application.35513/ - Denied
P.E. Teacher https://schoolrp.net/threads/p-e-teacher-application.37769/ - Accepted
JSL https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.38454/ - Accepted
Psychiatrist https://schoolrp.net/threads/gregs-ems-application.42252/ - Accepted
Police Officer https://schoolrp.net/threads/police-officer-application-jollyjoltik.47040/ - Accepted

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
My current role on this account is Adult.

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
Upon hearing the harsh student’s comments, Estes would simply tell them that they should stop before they get themselves in trouble, in a gentle manner and that he doesn’t wish to punish them when they can behave better than what they’re currently doing. If his words weren’t enough to make the student understand, he’d just proceed with the punishing path, that being detention.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Estes would first call for another employee or even a teacher to come to the place of occurrence to help him out with the fight. Whether someone answers or not, Estes would then immediately rush towards the students, and split them apart at all costs, even if he had to take a hit. He’d then take a sharp breath and tell them to part ways for the time being, so he can talk with each party separately. After doing so, he’d just bring them back together and warn them to not repeat those actions again, or they will face the corresponding consequences.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Estes would get closer to said employee, whether friend of his or not, and rest his hand onto his shoulder, shaking his head before reminding them that such actions could get them in either a warning, demotion, or even fired from their job if they continue. He’d then slowly drag them back and offer them some assistance, if it’s possible for the two. If not, he’d encourage his fellow employee to call for an extra helping hand, or even an SLT’s help, in order to get it done the soonest.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?:
Estes’ behavior inside a room like this wouldn't be any different than the friendly one. As usual, he’d just beam a friendly smile towards everyone and ask them if they want to talk about their day, if they’re up for it of course. If no one was in the mood for so however, he’d nod in agreement, maintaining the smile on his face and sit down and read some newspapers on either a chair or a couch or even make a quick cup of coffee and enjoy it until it was time for him again to go back to his seat for the remainder of his work time.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me he’d fiddle with his pen as his gaze was maintained onto the homework papers he had given his students before in front of him, humming as softly as one could. He’d be looking carefully at the papers' answers for a good amount of time, ensuring he didn’t skip any answers, or even misread a word or two. After a good while of reviewing the papers as a whole, he’d stop fiddling his pen and firmly grasp it, now moving it slowly down to the paper, making any corrections that were needed.

/me he’d close his eyes for a swift moment, interlocking his hands only to extend them forwards and stretch them for a short while, before moving them back to himself. He’d then put his right hand under his chin, smiling as he tapped his left hand’s fingers onto his desk without making much noise, awaiting for any student that could potentially enter, with a warm smile that he just formed on his lips, ready to welcome them upon their entrance.

/me He’d stand up, dusting himself off before walking next to the student, placing his hand gently onto their shoulder. He’d then slowly bend down to look at their current answers to the questions they were given, and immediately mess up their hair for only a second, chuckling as he congratulated them for their hard work. However, if he sensed some anxiety in the student’s aura, he’d look at them with a smile, offering some assistance so they could do it together.

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):
Estes Matsuzaki

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.

Preferred Name:
Estes

Age (Minimum is 25):

Religious Denomination:
Atheist.

Marital Status:
Married.

Academic Degree:
PhD.

Year of Graduation:
May, 2015.

Major(s):
Psychiatry, English Literature, Maths.

Minors:
History, Physics, Chemistry

Nationality:
Japanese.

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan.

Native Languages:
Japanese.

Other Languages:
Greek, Japanese Sign Language.

Backstory
Estes Matsuzaki. A fine Japanese lad who grew up at the magnificent looking Higashikawa, Hokkaido town by two loving parents. Estes’ life was going quite successfully over the years, with minor mistakes and even problems, due to the constant care and awareness his parents showed him over the years. He was always looking up to them, especially his mother, who had seemed to have put in the most effort on helping him grow up as the ‘’prodigy’’ they expected him to be. To show his gratitude towards his parents for their hard work, Estes’ words before Grade-7 were “I won’t let you down. I’ll do my best for you mom! And for you, dad!” His parents beamed the warmest of smiles towards their son, nodding before responding with “We’re expecting great results from you then, dear.” Estes’ eyes sparkled, hugging them tightly before going to bed that day.

Days, months, and even a whole year passed, until the two parents saw that a much better school was found, somewhat close to their home as well. To no one’s surprise, it was none other than the Karakura HighSchool. All three of them were expecting great teachers and a healthy environment for Estes to start learning more about life in general, other than just his lessons, of course. After having a nice conversation with the Principal, Estes was almost instantly accepted to the school with no second question asked.

Few more weeks went by, and slowly but surely, Estes got accustomed to his current environment, getting to know the area, his teachers, the staff in general, and even a sport or two well enough. Unfortunately, he seemed to lack some friends, but surprisingly enough, he didn’t really seem to show that much care for that. His next years however were a so-called blast. He kept his promise and almost excelled every single year, until he now reached 18 years of age. From a small boy, to now almost an adult. He found himself sitting in the media room, humming whilst reading his favorite book, before an idea snapped in mind. He then closed the book, and rushed to the Dean’s office, in hopes of finding him, but unfortunately, he was nowhere to be seen.

That wasn’t the cause though, because that didn’t make our so-far successful boy let his hopes down. He waited for the exams day so he could possibly get to College. As everyone else, Estes found himself a victim of anxiety, but after receiving a few thumbs up and some “Good luck!” He smiled and performed the best he could that day. In the end? He did it.

Years and years went by, and Estes was not only done with his education with the Karakura HighSchool, but he even became a member of the town’s local hospital. He was a psychiatrist, aiming for the top, so he could reach Youta Masuda’s level. Though that was not the case. One day, as he was at his office, looking at his papers and humming, we started thinking about his old school and wondered : “What if I just returned there?” Estes had missed the wonderful experiences and memories he had as a small child there, and wanted to test his luck and become one with that same environment once more. He aimed to be a Tutor, as he always seemed to need their assistance back in the day from them, which is what he did. He sat down, a few cups of coffee daily, and he was reading almost all day for his possible future job, ready to assist the school he grew up in, not just be there.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I’ve always wondered how it’d feel to work in the teenagers’ environment. I’ve also been asking myself why some students behave differently than what anyone would expect, as I’ve missed the times where I was a student myself. I was in a great environment with plenty of successful souls around me, unlike now. Hence why I wish to return to that environment, but mostly to help them with their needs, if any. I think I’d give off quite the surprising results, since I’ve already done so with their mental health, so why not with their subjects and in general with their future too? These questions keep bugging me daily, and I really want to be given the chance to experience how it feels like to be someone who will be by their side all day long.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I think I’d be a decent, if not at least good enough addition to the school’s faculty roster, due to my willingness of helping others, as I’ve done so a lot whilst being a Psychiatrist, which is why I want to do the same but as a Tutor for the Karakura HighSchool. My goal is to give the best advice I can to those who are in need, in order to make their path shine through any obstacles they may come across. Other than that, I’ve always shown respect to everyone who’s interacted with me, and I’m not willing to change that fact. Other than that, I want to offer nothing more but successful guidance.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
If the positions are filled, I’d be more than honored to be given the chance of having the possession of another role.

Do you have any questions?:
N/A.​

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Good application! Ping me on Academics Discord to get started - mariav#6666
Since it's been a while since applications are not reviewed please let me know ASAP if you are still interested in the role.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread