Level 26
MrSharkyJR
MrSharkyJR
Fundraiser+
IGN: RickPD
DATE: 13/07/2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I wish to talk about the fact that I think police officers should have JSL

Why you may ask? Well good sir or ma'am its because like ems, police work with a lot of people and come across people who are unable to speak or hear therefore we as police officers now cannot help everyone we come across while the KPD should be there for everyone and not just the speaking ones

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I believe this could benefit those who cannot speak or hear and wish to report or bail someone out inside or outside the KPD

At the moment I don't really see a disadvantage for anyone like maybe those who speak JSL and wish to talk behind the KPD's back but that is all I can think of but if you wish to convince me otherwise feel free to comment on this feedback or maybe change some stuff up.

Alright, that's all folks! thanks for reading and I hope you have a good day!

RickPD signing out!

pashy

Level 183

Realistically IRL KPD do not require the JSL as a must. If you want your character to have the sign language, then apply for it like everyone else. I'm going to be very disappointed if this feedback gets accepted.​

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
+1
This should definitely be added due to a lot of people who have death or muted characters. This would help a lot for all KPD who need to help someone, because why apply for JSL if it may be denied and you really need it for your job as KPD as well as if you have other languages that you really need and don't want to really replace any with JSL

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+

Realistically IRL KPD do not require the JSL as a must. If you want your character to have the sign language, then apply for it like everyone else. I'm going to be very disappointed if this feedback gets accepted.​
Completely in agreement with this comment. It would be unfair for people who are actually applying for a language, why would police officers/EMS have not just JSL, but any other language upon joining KPD/KH forces? That is not fair and doesn't benefit anyone, simply apply for the language and write down a backstory on how your character got to learn said language within emergency services' training, even if it didn't happen ICly at least it would make more sense — since as you said, people who have deaf/mute characters use JSL to communicate with others, so it would then be normal that KPD and KH workers got to learn somehow JSL within their training.

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
Pretty sure EMS had or still has JSL, so I don't see a reason to why KPD shouldn't. EMS has it because well it's pretty self explanatory. I believe the same would still apply to KPD other than the reasoning change.

+1

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Although it is clear that it would be useful for KPD officers, I believe that it shouldn't be a SkipRP'd process when being accepted into the KPD. Not only would this make it fair, but it'd also avoid issues if you're removed/resign from KPD. Think of KPD as a valid reason to start writing out your language application

Bookish

Level 17
-1/+1

I see both side of this arguement. As shown in the following image, ASL is required for american police officers. My -1 is due to the reasons above. upload_2021-7-13_18-25-10.png

Then again, by your (RickPD) logic, teachers should also have JSL. As a teacher without JSL, I can say that it's frustrating when students speak a language that's not one of the 2 my character speaks and I have no clue what they're saying. However, it's also kind of a fun roleplay scenario- so I guess I'm split even.

Last edited:

MrSharkyJR

Level 26
MrSharkyJR
MrSharkyJR
Fundraiser+
I understand that some of you think it's unfair that we would not have to apply for JSL but my idea mostly was like EMS it would be inside of the tag instead of being given it and them apart from it, like I said before I am mostly requesting this since I believe that KPD should be for everyone not just the talking people. Also, most of the time (like me) I already have two languages that have something to do with his backstory and it would upset me that I'm forced to remove one of the languages just so he can JSL while it wouldn't harm anyone if we would get it with the tag.

pashy

Level 183
I understand that some of you think it's unfair that we would not have to apply for JSL but my idea mostly was like EMS it would be inside of the tag instead of being given it and them apart from it, like I said before I am mostly requesting this since I believe that KPD should be for everyone not just the talking people. Also, most of the time (like me) I already have two languages that have something to do with his backstory and it would upset me that I'm forced to remove one of the languages just so he can JSL while it wouldn't harm anyone if we would get it with the tag.

KPD is one very good job and many wish to get it... If you could make it to KPD I'm very sure you can use a very bit of that skill for JSL

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich

Note; with EMS if you resigned or got fired from your position JSL would also get removed from your set of languages. In reality you're not really benefiting anything other than the ability to talk to others in which have JSL. Which makes sense because you ARE apart of the Government, working as an EMS or KPD.

Rebel

Level 53
This is not very ideal at all, the issue I see here is if they make you apply and you never get accepted you would never get into the KPD if this did become a thing until you were accepted for JSL, if anything if you want your character to have JSL just apply for it at your own will. This doesn't seem fair for those who already have two languages and they do not want to remove one to make room for JSL, for example if the two language spots taken by languages they may be for a family as some families do require you to have the language of where the family is from.

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
This is not very ideal at all, the issue I see here is if they make you apply and you never get accepted you would never get into the KPD if this did become a thing until you were accepted for JSL, if anything if you want your character to have JSL just apply for it at your own will. This doesn't seem fair for those who already have two languages and they do not want to remove one to make room for JSL, for example if the two language spots taken by languages they may be for a family as some families do require you to have the language of where the family is from.

For EMS they just added it ontop of the current languages your character speaks, therefore if you already had 2 then you would keep that + have JSL. They did NOT remove anything. They removed JSL after A you resigned from your position or B you got fired. It really is not unfair. In this case the same would most likely happen. No one is losing benefits nor really gaining. It's beneficial for roleplay as well.

Rebel

Level 53
For EMS they just added it ontop of the current languages your character speaks, therefore if you already had 2 then you would keep that + have JSL. They did NOT remove anything. They removed JSL after A you resigned from your position or B you got fired. It really is not unfair. In this case the same would most likely happen. No one is losing benefits nor really gaining. It's beneficial for roleplay as well.
Well, that is something I didn't know as I never heard of this as well, apologizes for this! but still, its not really ideal at all, but yeah, not many people have deaf characters as it is... well from what I've seen, this is also kind of.. replacing what I said before kind of.

Loooper

Level 136
Prads
Prads
Fundraiser+
DENIED

For now EMS is the only department who really needs JSL, if this changes in the future this feedback will be reviewed once again​

Users who are viewing this thread