JustAri
Notable
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
JustAri

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Ari#4638

How old are you? (Optional): 20

What is your time zone?: GMT +3

Describe your activity on the server: I’m pretty active, I try to get on every day or at least a few times a week for a few hours. Right now I have an adult character and I will definitely be more active with more things to do on the server.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?): Ages ago, ERP

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Receptionist

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for: The receptionist may look like they are not doing anything on their shift, but it’s far from the truth. The receptionist is the first person the students see when going to school. Their main goals are to maintain the peace around the school halls, help new students get to their class, and make sure other students are attending class as they should. They also give out schedules, and rewards for students with enough tokens.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have a wide history of roleplaying, whether it’s from minecraft or out of minecraft. I have roleplayed on several minecraft roleplay servers, and have been playing on SRP for a couple of years. I have roleplayed a variety of different ages and roles, including a teacher on SRP.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?: Right now my current two characters are an adult and a high school student. There isn’t much to do around the server as an adult, especially during school hours. I want to roleplay with more people, and experience different roleplay scenarios I didn’t get to in the past.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
DENIED - Korean Language Application
DENIED - Korean Language Application

ACCEPTED - Korean Language Application
ACCEPTED - JSL Application
ACCEPTED - Drama Teacher Application
ACCEPTED - JSL Application for alt account (there is another application exactly like this one, it was also accepted. This one was after I switched the character to a different account.)

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
JustAri - Adult
LuvnAri - Grade 10

────────────

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Kei is a generally calm person, so keeping his calm he will have a talk to the student to get to the bottom of their little outburst. After questioning them about their behavior, he will explain why they shouldn’t talk to other people that way, and stress that in the future this behavior will not be tolerated, then send them off on their way.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

After stepping between the two people he will attempt to calm the both of them down, while also telling the crowd of people that are usually around the fight to move along. If necessary he will call for other school staff members for backup. After calming the two students down, and getting to the bottom of what caused the fight, one or both of the students will get detention according to the situation.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Kei will talk to his co-worker privately, asking them why they were acting inappropriately during work hours. After stressing the fact their actions were dangerous and was setting a bad example for the students, he will also remind the employee that they need to stay serious and be the source of security for the students. If the action was too dangerous, or the employee were to continue with their inappropriate behavior, Kei will eventually contact SLT to report their behavior.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
When Kei is on his break, he will unwind from dealing with the students all day and usually drink a cup of coffee while interacting with his co-workers. Since there isn’t work for him to do like grading students’ paperwork, or preparing for the next lesson, he will just eat or socialize until his break is over.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
Kei smiled at the student, taking their reward tokens from their hand. After he counts the rewards he opens the drawer to place them inside, and looks for the student’s price. He takes his sweet time looking for the reward in different chests, and when found he hands it to the student with the same smile. “Good job, and enjoy your reward!” He says, his tone not as excited as his facial expression.

/me Kei looked up from the paper he was writing on, shifting his attention to the student who approached the front desk. “Hello, how could I help you today?” He asks, waiting to hear what caused him to lose track of his thoughts. The student asks for the school’s schedule. He let out a quiet sigh as he got up to get the student their schedule. To not lose his thought, he would search quickly for the school schedules. When he finds them he takes one and walks back to his seat to hand the student the schedule they asked for. He quickly shifted his attention back to his paper to continue writing.

/me Kei decided to get up from the front desk and stretch his legs a little, not before asking his fellow receptionist if it’s alright with them. He started walking calmly around the halls, making sure everything was in order. He spotted three college students skipping class right next to the cafeteria, approaching them quietly from behind. He coughed to get their attention, and they all looked at him. “Don’t you three have a class right now? I’m sure the dean would be happy to hear this. Get to class, and if I see you again it is straight to detention. You should know what you sign up for, college classes are mandatory and not a suggestion.” He watched them walk to their class and made his way back to the front desk.

────────────

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):
Kei Hyeong
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Preferred Name: Kei

Age (Minimum is 25): 25

Academic Degree: Bachelor
Major(s): Psychology
Minors: Literature

Nationality: Korean
Known Languages: JSL, Korean

Backstory

Kei was born on the 13th of August 1998, to a small Korean household in Seoul. When Kei was around 1 year old, his dad vanished without saying a word, leaving him and his mother behind.
Raising Kei as a single mom was hard, but he knew that and did everything he could to be there for his mom and help her. He was almost the perfect child growing up, doing all the chores and even taught himself how to make his own food when he was just 7. He did everything around the house so his mom wouldn't have to worry about him, as she had to work 2 jobs to keep them on their feet.
As an only child, he found it necessary to have friends, and would always surround himself with people during and after school hours. Although being the perfect child for his mom, his teachers wouldn’t usually agree. His mom would often have to send her close friend to pick him up from school after disrupting his teacher during class, or getting himself into fights with older students.
Kei was close to his mom’s friend as she would babysit him often when he was little. Sometimes after he got into bad fights she would take him out for ice-cream which made him like her even more. He saw her as a 2nd mom figure and he often felt like having her around was better than having a dad.
Despite all the trouble he made, he had great grades and graduated at the top of his class. His mom wouldn’t let him waste time with a job, and wanted him gone straight to college, so that’s what he did. He found a good college at Kyoto, and moved to Japan shortly after his 18’th birthday.
Leaving everything behind was hard for him. Also learning a whole new language was rough, despite knowing some basic Japanese. He also knew that leaving home would mean that his mom would start focusing on herself, and take a break from raising him on her own for 17 years. In this new college, he changed his whole behavior around. From the troublesome student he was during his middle and high school years, he became a model student. He started respecting his teachers, and was less hot-headed than he was as a teen.
Since he moved from one big city to another, Kei felt like his life was stuck on repeat. He had trouble finding himself and his place there, although he never had trouble finding friends he didn’t feel like it was helping him.
After graduating Kei felt like his life had hit pause, and he spun into a circle of depression. A couple of years pass of him hopping around jobs aimlessly, and he hears about a place named Karakura from a friend of a friend, and decided to move there in hopes he could reinvent himself in this new place.
Kei quickly fell in love with the town and its people and wanted to look for a job he would enjoy doing. After befriending a couple of college students, he decides to apply for a receptionist position at the school. He finds it ironic due to his high school history, but also finds it as some kind of closure to the troubled teen he once was.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
Despite having rough school years, I feel like having one staff member who was there for me could change the whole experience around. I know there are students like me, or even at worse positions who just need help going on the right path. I know from a personal point of view what it’s like to be in their position, and I am aware some teachers may find it hard to empathize with the troubled students. Also, I care deeply about making the school a safer place for the students to go to every day. I want to make the student’s experience better and more fun.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
I used to tutor high school students shortly after graduating college, I did it for 8 months. It helped me gain experience of working with young people, and that’s where I got the idea to work for this school once I moved here.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
Considering I am new to Karakura, I already love it here. I feel like I could bring a lot of new things to the school, and new things are often exciting. I am often a serious person and take anything I do with great responsibility, no matter what it is. I am patient and calm even under pressure, which could be useful in a lot of different situations especially when handling young people.

────────────

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

No, but thank you for reading!
Do you have any questions?:
No

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations, you have been accepted for the role of Receptionist! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.

Users who are viewing this thread