Yes, I do.

How old are you? (Optional):
18, turning 19 in 2 months.

What is your time zone?:
GMT+2

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Fully aware

Describe your activity on the server:
I mostly roleplay with my character Haru K. Saito, a college student. I am online almost every day, and whenever I log in I play for a couple hours at a time.

Do you have any previous bans?:
Yes, one from a couple months ago for EroticRP. Nothing else before or after.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Sign language, accepted
Korean language, accepted
Korean application, denied
Language application, denied

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
College, Bachelor degree.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Drama teacher.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
First when I just joined the server, I had alot of fun roleplaying as a student but always had the thought of becoming a teacher. After roleplaying as a student for a large ammount of time, I tried roleplaying as an adult on other servers and with other people, which led to roleplaying as a teacher. Out of every role I've played as, I found most fun teaching, for a couple reasons. First, I reallyenjoy sharing my knowledge with people, I think everyone has something to learn from someone. In addition, I like the thought of having some kind of a responsibility on others. Even when roleplaying, I mostly play as the older sibling, or the one that takes charge of the group. I believe these skills would if and when I become a teacher.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, and I have no problem with it.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Classroom logs are records of your activity on the server. They are important because they prove that you are doing your job and that you are honest about the amount of classes you've taught. You also can't get paid without them

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

- Students shouldn't talk while the teacher is speaking, neither when a classmate is answering or asking a question. In general, students may only speak when given permission to, by raising their hand and receiving permission from the teacher.

- Eating or drinking isn't allowed during classes. It might be distracting for the teacher or other students, or make a mess. Drinking water however, is ok.

- Students should turn in their class work on time, or at the end of each lesson. In addition, whenever students are having a test or a quiz, cheating is not allowed under any circumstances.

Failure to comply with the rules above might lead to the student to be kicked from class, or even get detention.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
My whole experience with roleplay starts about 5 or 6 years ago. That is when I officially started roleplaying. At first my skills were limited, but with time I learned more and got to work on my skills. I have roleplayed on a lot of roleplays before, too much to count. Some on minecraft, some were with a group of friends. I have roleplayed with different topics, inclusing sci-fi, fictional, realistic and a lot more. I have experience with roleplaying as different ages, between 12-40. After joining SchoolRP, I expended my skills by roleplaying with a larger group of people. By doing so, I learned more about DetailRP. As of right now, I'm still learning DetailRP, but I am learning more each day and getting better with every action. Roleplaying in English was new to me, and I had a hard time giving as much detail, but now I am already used to it and give as much details as I can find.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department, if I'm not wrong.
↳ Description: Head of Department is the highest rank you can get as a teacher. They are the leading role and most qualified.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Qualified Teacher is someone who has experience teaching and has likely been employed for a while. This teacher is allowed to teach classes.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly-Qualified-Teacher
↳ Description: Newly qualified teacher is someone new to teaching, could be a recent graduate or a career change. They are qualified enough to teach classes solo.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: An unqualified Teacher is a person who has yet been trained and qualified for teaching classes alone.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

The teacher's salary is 350,000 Yen, that is if they teach the required ammount of classes per month. Sometimes a teacher might receive a bonus of 50,000 Yen, if they do extra classes. Teachers are employed to help teaching students and succeed with their studies. Even though they are not counselors, they do have an important role with guidance and the well being of the students. Different teachers have different teaching methods. I will be teaching by both giving quizes and having the students make their own little plays, and make scripts. Outside of school teachers of course have their habits, family, friends, and other relationships. A teacher's job never ends, even after school hours. After all, school hours are not always enough time to grade student's paper work.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Since SchoolRP is a school server, teachers play a big role on it. School without teachers isn't really useful, not even at all. Without teachers, SRP wouldn't have a reason to really exist, since teachers play a big role in real life school as well.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
We are expected to prepare lessons ahead of time: planning what to say, giving the students tasks to perform and assigning homework. From what I understood from others, the school uses the MoSCoW method.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Haru K. Saito is a slim looking, yet athletic, Japanese trans-male. He is standing at the height of 5'11. Haru had dyed his hair blue, although his netural hair color is blue. He has bright grey eyes, that look tired. Especially after sleepless nights. Haru might seem quiet or shy at first, but I can assure you he is nothing like this. He is very energetic, especially when with his family and friends. He is a family person, and since he is the oldest sibling he feels the need to care for everyone. Haru recently married Suraya Kato, (We are gonna PauseRP the relationship if I get the teacher role.) and adopted Miki Saito not too long ago as well.
When coming to work, he takes everything he does with great seriousness and responsibility. Everything from school work, to carring for his family. He doesn't joke around when it comes to his responsibilities, and it is something he grew up on since a very small age.
Haru's goals for his future are quite simple, he wants his family to grow up to be succesful people and he is willing to do anything for it, and for them. Regarding his own future, he has always thought of becoming a teacher, and mixing that with one of his greatest passions, acting, he thought that applying for the position of Drama Teacher would be great for him. Since he was a kid, he always fancied different actors and scripters.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

At first, Haru would observe the converation. If it being a one thing, he would not interrupt, or give aquick 'Language.' warning. If the said curse word, or different ones, keeping popping up in their conversation, he would approach the students, and calmly ask them to stop swearing. He would see it wouldn't be afficient, and would approach them once again. This time looking more assertive, he would raise his voice, and calmly ask again for the students to stop. Once again, they wouldn't stop. Haru calmly files the said students detention, and stop them from cursing again.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Seeing the students are not paying attention to Haru's words, he would simply lean down on his desk, looking around the classroom. After that, he would simply raise his voice, calling for the class "Would you please be kind and let me teach?" Seeing this wouldn't be afficient, he would stand up straight, slamming his hand on the desk once, making a loud 'bang' sound echoing throught the class. Once again he would ask "Please be quiet, if you chose to attend this class be respectful towards me and your classmates that doenjoy learning." Smiling a little to himself, seeing this time it worked, he continues with teaching his lesson.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Usually Haru would hang in the teacher's lounge during breaks, or when there is no class to teach. Whenever he would hang in the teacher's lounge, he would grade his student's class work, or work on the next lesson he is going to teach. Whenever he meets another schoolfaculty memeber, he would be polite, and friendly with them. Making some small talk, or trying to make a new friend, Haru would always talk to anyone in the room. But he wouldn't try and delay school work, he would simply do so to be-friend his fellow school faculty members.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Haru would wait quitely for the students to make their way to the classroom. He would be leaning on his desk, glancing at his watch. He'd put his hand to his side, and take a small sip from the water bottle that would always sit on his desk. Seeing that students start to arrive, he simply smiles at them, and greet them before asking everyone to sit down at their seats.

/me Haru would stand to the side of the stage, glancingat the students while they are making their scripts, trying to figure out their own play. He has a little smile on his face, proud of his students for trying so hard to accomplish this. By the time their finished, he quickly walks over to the seats, watching as his students play out what they just planned with their fellow classmates. Being proud and happy with them, even if the play wasn't perfect, at the end he would always stand up ans clap for them. Just like he is doing now.

/me After choosing a random student to preform solo, he handed them the script. He watchedas the student read the script, and started preforming. For the whole time Haru is studying him, taking notes to himself about every detail. After they're done, he points out his notes, and dismissed the student back to their seat.

/me Haru would glance around the room of studentsthat are supposed to be working by now. With a very disappointed look and gets up and asks everyone to continute with their school work, shaking his head, he returned to his seat.

Backstory
*One of my old application includes Haru's old backstory, this wasn't accurate since I was still working on it. This is the finished one.
Haru Saito was born and raised in Japan. He's the oldest of his siblings, although he didn't grow up with most of them. He was assigned female at birth, and Haru was his given name at birth. Growing up, his parents were mostly emotionally distant from him. His family is quite rich, and he mostly got anything he wanted or needed, money wise. When he was 4, he met the person that would be his closest friend. His name is Chan Hyun, and he's a Korean immigrant. Chan and Haru grew up doing almost everything together, Haru was over at their place often and Chan would come visit whenever Haru's parents weren't around. When his little brother, Stephan, got to the right age he also begun hanging out with them. Chan also had a little sister, about Stephan's age. The four of them would hang out often, and would become the best of friends. When Haru and Stephan were very young, their parents got divorced and would have children with other people. Around the age of 14, he started learning Korean. His parents held pride of being Japanese, and didn't like the idea of him learning another language. One that isn't English that is. They always said how Korean wasn't going to help him with anything, and that he was only learning it to run away to his friend's house. That of course didn't change much, and by the time he was 15 he was pretty much fluent with the language. Around the age of 15, he asked his parents to go to a therpist, since he wasn't feeling well. Mentally. They agreed and took him to see a psychologist. One thing led to another, and eventually he would see more and more LGBT+ people, all around the interenet. Being very curious with this new thing he found, he quickly found his place. Bringing it up in his therapy sessions, they both got to the conclusion together, Haru has gender dysphoria. Building up the courage to tell his parents, he waited until his 16th birthday. Only things went wrong around this time... And eventially Haru ended up being kicked out by his parents for being transgender. Heartbroken and frustrated, he went to live with Chan's parents. Chan's parents treated him like his own son, and for a moment didn't even look at him differently after him coming out. They rebuilt his confidence and helped him fund a new place to live and finish with his school. Eventually they came across Karakura, where Haru ended up moving and staying there until this day. After him came Stephan, his little brother. They are all currently living in Haru apartment, together with their other siblings, and Haru's daughter and wife. Haru couldn't hide his passion for teaching and acting any longer, and he applied for a teaching position at the school he once attented.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Haru K. Saito
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Preferred Name: Haru

Age (Minimum is 27): Currently 20, applying to be 30
Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Married (Void if accepted)

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura,Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
Sadly, none. Applying right after college.

Academic Degree: Bachelor
Year of Graduation: 2012
Major(s): English, Drama
Minors: Geography

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: Korean, JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Sadly, no. I do not.

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your application, you have been accepted as a Highschool Teacher.

- You'll be contacted via Discord shortly regarding teacher training.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread