Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

JustVibing

DISCORD NAME & TAG:

vide_g

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:

Eastern Standard Time (EST)

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:

I do have a microphone yes. I’m very introverted though so I won’t be talking that much in vcs but I will if I absolutely have to

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

Currently I’m on the server a lot, however not as much on weekdays due to working. On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays I’m usually on from 4:30pm-12AM EST. Wednesdays are from 8-12AM EST, and weekends are at anytime from 8-2AM EST. Right now on the server I gangrp on my alternative character profile but that’s about it at the time of this application.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:

Shrine Maiden

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

I don’t really know that much about Shintoism, however I’m very willing to learn more about the religion.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

Well, that is easy. Simply because I have the time and dedication in order to be a part of this role, to be able to truly see what Shintoism is all about and to help others show what the religion is all about, to have them understand how the practices work and to be able to answer any questions that they may ask.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

Yes, I completely understand that I have to attend mandatory training.

───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Eleonore Beauchene Helvete

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mrs.

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Married

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:

French

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

(030)-875-5026

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

My motivation for applying to work at the monastery comes from watching how the shrine staff practice the religion, ranging from bowing in order to respect the Kami, the offerings that they do, the lanterns that they launch them into the sky at the beach of everyone’s messages, and watching how they do their weddings. It has intrigued me much more than I thought it would, and I have come to the monastery with my wife before, which is actually where the motivation actually began. If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t have been interested in applying.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

Well, I know that the monastery was burned down twice within it’s lifetime, one of which was back in 1176 by the Kiyomori’s allies after some outrage from the Taira family, oh as well as the monastery was built originally for Buddhism before converting to Shintoism.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

[!] Right in front of you appears to be an envelope. Upon opening it, you would notice a letter inside of it. It would say the following [!]

Dear Monastery lead:
First of all, I just want to say thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this letter. I want to say that me and my wife have always loved the monastery and the religion of Shintoism. After our wedding, I’ve taken my time out of town to read all about the history of the monastery, and although I was unable to completely read everything about it within the time frame that I had, I’ve learned about it a good amount. I just want to say that it would be an honor to be able to work at the monastery and to be able to learn a lot more about it as well as Shintoism, to spread the religion to those in Karakura who are interested in learning or practicing it, to answer any questions that people may have, and most importantly to give people big smiles whenever we do special events for all of Karakura. I hope you consider accepting me, and thank you once again for reading this

~Sincerely,
Eleonore Beauchene Helvete

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

Early stages of life:
Eleonore was born in Strasbourg, France on August 28th, 2002 where she would be the only child in her entire family. At first, life would be going great for her. However, at the age of just three years old her life would take a turn for the worst. Her father would suddenly end up leaving her, along with her mother. This devastated not only Eleonore, but especially her mother. Her mom would stop caring for her, so Eleonore had to learn how to take care of herself ever since the age of seven. She learned how to be mature, make herself sandwiches, alongside other things. Then, she would fall in love with basketball at the age of ten, and so she would start to practice it and actually play for her team in high school. After high school, she would then move to Karakura, where she would be a transfer student and became captain of the Spartan basketball team.

Karakura Basketball captain:
Eleonore would move to Karakura at 20 years old, where she would come in as the new Spartan captain on the female basketball team. Not knowing what her team is like, she would evaluate their skills to see where everyone is at, and then be able to work on certain skills that are lacking. She would mix her practices with workouts, and even made her entire team clean the house as soon as ****roaches infested the team house. She didn’t have a perfect image of herself however, as she was found a couple of times arguing with people over something that they haven’t even done. She would make plenty of friends within the time of her being on the team, from both the female and male college teams, forming close bonds with them as they all love to play the sport. Then, one day she would talk to Margarete and tell her that she’s actually lesbian, to which Margarete would be very happy and actually confess her feelings to her, in which Eleonore actually has feelings towards her as well and says yes when she asked El out. Margarete would then introduce El to the monastery, and Eleonore immediately started to grow interested in it, and started to learn what Shintoism is and what the religion is all about. Very slowly as time went on, she would drift her focus away from basketball and focus on more important things in life.

After Basketball:
After basketball, Eleonore would fly home to visit her mother for a bit to see if she is doing ok, as well as start to prepare for her wedding. After flying back, she would then try out for football, thinking that she wants to be in that sport now. She would then have her wedding at the shrine, which would be the best day of her life, she would be extremely happy. However, after some thought and consideration, she decided to step down from football and study on Shintoism and as well as some history on the monastery, in which is what she is truly interested in, and thus she would apply for it.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Priests:
Also known as shinshokus, their main jobs is to officiate all monastery ceremonies on behalf of and request of worshippers, such as a wedding or special event. They’re not expected to lecture, preach, or act as a spiritual leader to their parishioners, but rather they ensure the continuance of a satisfactory relationship between the Kami and the worshipper through offerings, evocation of the Kami, and meditation of the deity’s blessing to the parishioners

Maidens:
Also known as mikos, maidens typically perform kagura, which is a sacred dance for entertaining and satisfying the Shinto deities, conduct exorisms, practice divinations, and acted oracles, as well as providing assistance to the priests

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

In order to be purified, you would need to wash your hands at the water area right before crossing the bridge to the Monastery, dipping your left and right hand in and scrubbing it before you would then be able to enter.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

Well, for an offering to the Kami you would first of all walk up to the offering box and offer whatever you want to offer. Then, you would ring the bell, in which you would bow twice and clap twice. Afterwards, you would then say whatever prayer you wish to say, then you would bow once again.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

A tea ceremony would occur at the tea house, where all of the guests would go to a tatami mat and usually go onto their knees. Either the priest or the maiden would start to prepare the tea, usually it would be green tea by putting the tea into a pot and waiting for it to boil. Once the tea would boil, they would then pour it into cups, usually depending on how many people there are. Then, everyone in the room would bow once before drinking their tea.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

Tamagushi:
Tamagushi is a form of Shinto offering made from a sakaki-tree branch decorated with shide strips of washi paper, silk, or cotton. At Japanese weddings, funerals, miyamairi and other ceremonies at Shinto shrines, tamagushi are ritually presented to the kami by parishioners, shrine maidens or kannushi priests.

Ofuda:
Ofuda is a talisman made out of various materials such as paper, wood, cloth or metal. They serve as protection against calamity or misfortune, safety within the home, or finding love and may be kept on one's person or placed on other areas of the home (such as gates, doorways, kitchens, or ceilings).

Kagura Suzu:
Kagura Suzu are a set of twelve bells used in kagura dance. The set consists of three tiers of bells suspended by coiled brass wires from a central handle: two bells on the top tier, four bells on the middle tier, and six bells for the bottom tier. The shape of the bells are thought to have been inspired from the fruits of the ogatama tree.

───────────────────────────────────────

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app due to its lack of detail. Feel free to reapply in the future!​

Users who are viewing this thread