mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Kai W Johnson, Teacher application.

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

ItsJustZ0

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
It5JustZ0
Do you have a microphone?:
I do have a microphone

What is your time zone?:
EST
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I acknowledge that if I become inactive I will be demoted.
Describe your activity on the server:
I tend to be pretty active on the server, I haven’t been as recently as I was last month but that’s because I got busy. I’m planning on at least being online once a day for a few hours.
Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
Film Prof. DENIED.
Spanish Lang. Accepted
What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
The only role I have is Grade 12.
Trivia
What subject are you applying to teach?:

Visual Arts.
What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I think that I’m at a good point in my roleplay with my current character that I’d like to try playing someone that has opposite interests. I decided to really think about and explore the idea of being a professor, because this is something I could never imagine Damien doing, he is normally more focused on sports and building his education in different areas of study. I have had some friends who have expressed great satisfaction with becoming a teacher/professor so that is what initially gave me the motivation to aim for that role.
Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
I do understand.
Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes I understand.
What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
The teacher class logs are basically a sign in sheet. It tells you how many classes were hosted, for how long, and how many students attended the classes. The logs are important because they help the faculty understand how many classes were held by a teacher. This also, however, helps show if a teacher is dedicated to the job and can help the lead make the proper payments to each teacher.
As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
In my classes, there would be five strict rules. Rule 1. Respect, I’ll respect you as long as you do the same for me. Rule 2. Raise your hand to ask a question unless it’s a classroom discussion. Rule 3. Be yourself, as long as you’re not hurting anyone else I want you to feel as comfortable as you can in my class. Rule 4. Try to learn, I'm not going to demand you learn something in a single class but I’d hope and want you to take away at least one thing from my class. Finally Rule 5. Do not curse in my class.
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’ve been roleplaying for years in Discord servers. Along with RPing on a few play by post messaging sites, one of which being a site called Marosia. Recently I’ve taken to Minecraft, and DND as my go to ways of RPING.
In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning: Head Department

↳ Description:The big boss of a department. Along with teaching they monitor other teachers and supervise the new teachers. They’re there to help mentor NQT, and UT to make sure they are doing their jobs right.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher.

↳ Description: You’ve been teaching long enough that you’re good at your job. Not really needing the HD’s around to help you out at this point. Though you’re not good enough to supervise others just yet.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: You’ve just started teaching you may get watched by your HD a lot but you’re getting the ropes to your job, and the basics you know by hand. However, some more advanced things you may need help on.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher

↳ Description: Brand new, you just got in the building honestly. You’re the fresh face to the teaching team at Karakura, you’re getting to know the basics at this stage and you may be asking for help a lot.

Teacher Knowledge
Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are important to a SchoolRp server, because it’s a SCHOOLRP server. You need players who want to teach to play teachers, these players help run the ic day too day, if they weren’t around all the students would be in chaos as there would be nothing to do for most of the days. As teachers host classes to make things more interesting for those who don’t have groups to Roleplay with.
What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
“MoSCoW” this stands for: Must have, Should have, Could have, Would have.
Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?
As you turn your head you'd see standing at a rough six foot and what looked to be around two hundred pounds, was a dark skinned African-American male. His long dreadlocked hair falling down to his shoulders and forehead covering his grayish silvery eyes that exuded a certain kind of confidence while his overwhelming and beaming smile along with his body language gave off a welcoming aura. As he passed you the aroma of freshly made hot chocolate, with a dash of vanilla would fill your nose.
Some background information:
All of Kai's life he's he tried to find the creative side of things, not really caring about the legists or logical type to do something. If he was doing something it had to be big and it had to spark his creative ideas in overdrive. In his carrier as a director he's shown that he was an obvious choice to be a leader also getting that from being the QB on his football team in high school and college. When he spoke his confidence and charisma made people people believe in what he believed in his dreams along with wanting to see his succussed. If people asked him what his vison was for a project there were never times where he wouldn't have an answer always prepared to show you or explain to you what he saw in his "mind's eye." that's what he'd call it in the behind the scenes interviews or footage. However, this leader type creative personality did seem to make him but heads with plenty of people, let that be his couches, teachers, peers, or producers. Which made him stubborn if he knew he was right. While also when it came to make films or doing something important he was always ready to sacrifice days until he thought it was at it's absolute best! Any person he was around he'd demand that from them too their best, nothing more nothing less. Though plenty have said that he already brought that out of the people he was around

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
He sees his students in a way that most would see as... odd. He treats his students like they're a crew on an actual set. If it wasn't for regulations he'd even just have them call him Kai or if they were close enough to him KJ. But because of that he just has them call him "Director." or "Mr. Johnson." He sees each one has their own potential to add something to the film world and even if they don't see it He tries his best to bring that out of them. So some think he's hard on them but it's just his way of saying that he wants to see more from them cause he believes in them. As for the other teachers, It honestly depends. He lives on the rule that respect is earned and not given. Sure he'll be nice to you and respectful as he doesn't want to cause harm or mental anguish with someone, So he'll try his best to be a good coworker and equal to them. But if they've wronged him in some way shape or form, He's cold, only really talking to people when it's completely necessary.
What are their plans for the future?
Kai in the future plans on becoming a professor, and possibly open some kind of food place that has a television theme to it.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Seeing the delinquents and hearing them from down the hall, he’d calmly walk behind them clearing his throat to make his presence known. Once seeing he has their attention he’d calmly ask them. “Please stop cursing and swearing so loudly. If you wish to continue this then I’ll sadly be forced to give you a detention.” Before turning to walk away from the group of delinquents. If they were to continue then he’d simply walk over there and slip detention slips in each of their pockets.
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Seeing how I have no control over my class I’d radio for a teacher/higher up who could help me calm the rowdy students down. Or if it’s a situation where it seems like there is a ringleader, I’d give the ringleader detention then remove them from my class in order to stop the problem at its source.
When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
In the teachers lounge Kai seems to always have a smile on his face, an ecstatic aura seemingly around him as he cracks jokes, smiles, and laughs. Trying to bring a warm light to the lounge with him as he goes.
Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Kai leaning his back against his desk let his class fill in with students. The buzzing energy in the classroom brought a smile to him. As he waited for the students to settle themselves, he’d stand upright at attention. &r”Hello students! How are we all doing on this fine evening?” &5A bright beaming smile on his face as he walked over to the chalkboard, Beginning to write his name with the minimal chalk he’d have. &r”I’m your teacher Kai Wilson Johnson, though you can just call me Mr. Johnson, or KJ if you’d like to!” &5He’d smile as he turned to face the class again. In the process clapping his hands off the chalk.
/me The tall male sat in his chair, his dreadlocks tied up as he had a tissue box on his desk. BOY did he look dead. You could tell just by the way he hunched over his desk, and the way he held the temples of his head. However, those who came regularly could see his usual high energy tempered as his eyes were baggy and he made a congested sniffle. &r “Alright class… I’m sick… so today we're gonna watch a few clips and uhh you’re gonna tell me what kind of visual shots were used in the scenes… ACHOOO!”
/me A smile adorned Kai’s face as he walked the class, a slight bounce in his steps as he looked over each student’s shoulder as he checked their progress on their work. While he walked the bounces in his movements affected his dreads causing them to flow as his body was in motion as if he was doing a model strut, humming to himself the tune of “i’m walking.”
/me Kai’s rose an eyebrow at the blatant disrespect in his classroom. Placing his hands on his desk as he stands up to meet the gaze of whomever is being disrespectful. He’d speak, his voice booming through the class the usual soft voice that didn’t match the football player body changing to a loud BOOMING presence that you’d mistake for someone like Thor. &r “QUITE DOWN NOW. OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES.”

Backstory
Early life: (0-10)
Kai Winslow Johnson was born as the only son to his father and mother, Jaylen Johnson, and Ahnaijah Blair-Johnson. He grew up in those first ten years in an African American household with four older sisters on the northern east coast of America. Being welcomed into his new family he was the "the baby" but also "the only boy" in those early years he was always protected by his sisters but his father made sure to instill to do the same for his sisters. These teachings would seep his way into his mind. His four sisters and him shared a strange bond that was forged in these ages as well, him and the second youngest being the closest to each other not only in age but in mind set only being about three years apart. She'd always end up helping him with his work and shared experiences as they shared a lot of the same teachers in their time in school, each coming a few years after each other. Him and the second oldest didn't get along as well as him and his younger sister, though he'd soon realize that she would be the one to call on if someone was trying to gang up on him. Then finally he and his oldest sister, she was the one he looked up to, she showed him the joys of movies, and media and creativity instilling that into him at a very young age.

Pre to teen years: (11-17)
Kai's life wasn’t just going good. It was going GREAT! his family, his relationships with his sister, and a good circle of friends. Until tragedy struck. His oldest sister, the one who taught him the most of the things he loved most, sadly and suddenly was taken away from their family this shook the foundations of the family to their core. However, none were affected like Kai was. This moment would define Kai for the rest of his life, only allowing his way of coping by making short films. Were these films any good? hell no, they were actually quite terrible. However, there was potential in the way he filmed and the way he directed. His parents picked up on this when he was around the age of fourteen Along with him joining his high school's American FootBall team. At first they thought "oh it's just phase." or "oh he's doing it to remember his sister." Those last words may have had a lot more truth then Kai knew at the time. He'd always imagine his sister being able to see the stuff he made and put the hurt and anger into every project he did. No wonder he ended up loving his films. In his later teens he'd submit projects to festivals gaining a small name for himself in his state trying to make a name in the film world was hard for him. However, he would soon find something else he also loved teaching.

College life: (18-23)
If you asked Kai what he thought of his college years? Like any aging adult he'd say it was some of the best five years of his life. Finally coming to terms with his sisters passing he'd start to gain some small recognition as an amateur film student in college. Keeping in touch with his friends from high school every now and again. Though Kai found himself confused in his second year of college. Did he really only do film for his sister's sake? Did he actually love doing what he did? Taking a semester off to really find himself and what he wants to do. In that semester off he found himself teaching his younger cousin things about film, this moment here truly showed him he liked teaching what he knew to people, and also fell back in love with film all over again. Going back to college with a new found passion for film he saw his skills increase with the more classes he took and understood, while also adding a minor in education to study his new found passion. This passion for education would add to his love of theater, learning the information and becoming fixated on it is something he loved to see from his little cousin still teaching them every time he was back for breaks. When he watched his cousin slowly fall in love with film he knew he did truly love it not only for his sister but because of his love of the art form himself. Adding to his blazing passion for the craft.

Current Life: (24-28)
After gaining his teachers license in America Kai stuck to the film world for a few more years gaining much more experience and even being assistant director for some big movies in the U.S however, he enjoyed making indie movies more than making the big summer blockbuster or romance movies that you'd normally see in theaters. Though he loved the craft and he was sure of that, Kai felt like he wasn't doing all that he could as a creative person. He decided to put his minor and license to work as a film teacher in a performing arts school. However, Kai found the east coast and America itself was losing its creative spark. He needed something new... a new place... a new scenery. In his own words "The east alone has felt pretty tapped out..." After doing some research he thought of only two places he'd want to go: Japan, or Puerto Rico. Having taken Japanese in college, and knowing Spanish because of his cousins. Kai sent out his application out to the small Island of Karakura hoping to see he'd be accepted to a teacher.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

1 - PERSONAL DATA

Full Name:
Kai Winslow Johnson

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr

Given Name(s): Kai

Preferred Name: Kai, Mr. Johnson, KW, KJ

Gender & pronouns: He/Him

Religious Denomination: I'm just spiritual.

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: African American

Current Location: The United States Of America

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
I’ve been working for two years as a tutor! While I’ve been directing projects since my early teen years. However, it wasn’t really a job until I was out of college.

Academic Degree:
Year of Graduation:
In high school I graduated in 2014, and I graduated college in 2019 taking an extra year for my education minor.

Major(s):
Mass Media: Focused in radio, Television, and film
Minors: Education.
Native Languages:
English, Spanish
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
I do not. However, I am planning on getting a CELTA
Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
if I can’t do visual arts then Design technology or theater arts will be okay with me as well.
Do you have any questions?: No I do not.​

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Pending
Thank you for applying! Your application was wonderful! However,

• There were other applications that stood out more
  • The subject you applied for is currently capped

Please feel free to work on the application until the next wave of applications!

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• Your application lacked detail in comparison to some others.
  • The subject you applied for has no open spaces

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread