ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
IGN: ProblematicRP and RandonlyAccepted
DATE: 3/3/2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

So as becoming a Professor on SRP, I have come to realize with homework assignments and other things can become very difficult for different time zoned people. As in if I have a homework assignment due on a specific day, but when some of my students do not come on until it is very late for me, or when I'm sleeping meaning they will get a zero for that assignment. But we can change that with this brand new idea me and @RandomlyAccepted have come up with!

What Is Karakura Academics Online?
Karakura Academics Online, is a site that is like a google classroom type thing. The site will when you sign up for it will make you pick your school: College or High School. Once you put the school you are in, you will then insert your roleplay name. After all that is done, you will be given classroom codes from your teachers, either during classes or on their bulletins. There will be three tabs on the home page; Classes, Announcements, and Profile. With the classes tab, this is where you will have all the classes you wish to sign up for and attend. With the Announcements tab this is where school announcements, homework announcements, and upcoming test announcements will be held. Lastly the Profile Tab, is where you will be able to change your profile picture and some other personal details.

Will Karakura Academics Online Be an ICly Thing Or OOCly Thing?
Karakura Academics Online will be an ICly and OOCly thing, we are hoping it will either replace Onrain since no one seems to use it, and as this seems something more players will be using, or create a new website for this all in general.

Why Did We Come Up With Karakura Academics Online?
We came up with Karakura Academics Online, because of how classes are set up and how this will be a lot easier for players. So first of all time zones. Time zones are a big issue well at least for me when doing test and homework, not everyone can turn it in on time that it is due, but with Karakura Academics Online that can change. Students will see the homework assignment posted (if they joined that class) and when they are done with it they can turn it in through there, either screenshots of the work from the written books or from a google doc. Next, Karakura Academics Online, or KAC for short, will be an easier way to create online tests for students. There will be an option for teachers and professors to make tests or quizzes, but if they wish they can still use google forms and just post the google forum test on the classroom page. When creating a test or quiz through KAC, you will be given different tools to use such as, multiple choice, long answers, short answers, matching, etc. Now one of the big things I believe that will help with classes for ICly with KAC is attendance, when in KAC and looking through the classrooms the teacher or professor will tell you what periods they will be teaching, and the students can mark that announcement with "I'll be there" or "I can't make it" this is to help with attendance and to know who will be in your classes beforehand, knowing how many copies of things you need to make also to stop students from being late and prepared before the intercom announces they class.

How Will The Site Know If You Are a Teacher/Professor or Student?
Quit fairly simply actually, if you are a teacher/professor there would be an option for you when logging in, each teacher/professor will get a special password from the dean or principal depending on where you teach. After you get that password you will have to set up your classroom page, once it's set up you will get a code that you will give to the students that participate in your class. To customize your class on KAC is setting the name, sections of work examples; Homework, announcements, lesson plans, etc. For the students there is a little chatroom where students can chat with other class members and teachers. There will also be little private DMs with students and teachers for anyone who has questions.

Other Features
With KAC it will also announce upcoming events like dances, bake sales, club meetings, tryouts and more. There will also be a section where students can find out what lunch will be for that day. The Dean and Principal can watch over the classrooms making sure everyone is behaving and such. Clubs will also be on here, showing there pages where students can join and see updates from club leaders and also chat with other club members.

This is only some ideas for Karakura Academics Online that we have so far! And if this idea gets accepted we will happily explain more about it!

Updates!!!
Okay so here are the updates about the whole site thing. Now this will most likely (hopefully) change your view on this if you are negative about it. So this site will only be used for College Students since it's mandatory for them to attend classes, get test homework and work done so they don't get any strikes or lose their college role. So another thing that will be added to the site is when exams come you can apply through the site for college with the exams, since we do not know how they will work yet and then they will review them and give you an accepted or denied. Again I made this whole idea so we don't got to use google classrooms and people make a new email so they don't show their IRL name and how to make it their RPName. Anyways so this will only be for College Students and faculty. Also this is so professors can have their own bulletins again, and we don't have to share as somethings tend to get lost in the bulletins making you have to scroll and scroll. Also this will help organize it very much with announcements from the Dean or Vice-Dean saying who has retired or quit, and who has been hired as a new professor and their subject and code. So hope this changes some of your mindsets on this.

Last edited:

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
As a teacher myself I would have to agree to it somewhat. I believe you do make a big point about timezone and I believe with the new exams becoming a thing, it’s somewhat harder to have to teach every student that wants to do the exam for certain classes when those certain classes or teachers per say, teach different topics and lessons and have their own way of teaching said lessons. It would be a cool idea at the end of the day and probably a lot more organized. Of course bulletins were set up in a way, however, for the teacher or professor (don’t know if professors have them) to actually post about the lesson, the assignments, and to even give notes about lessons so everyone can easily read them yet most teachers just talk about their topic and post assignment grades. This would possibly replace bulletins as a whole. I somewhat fear that there would not be much traffic to the website but it’s honestly an interesting idea!

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1 / -0
This should be a thing! Time zones are really tough on a lot of people and I think this would really fix that problem.

People who actually enjoy Schoolrp (as in the school, not the server) would also probably enjoy this. If someone had a specific question about something and couldn't log on, being able to contact a teacher as well on a oocly website (speaking icly) would be a nice addition to Schoolrp.

greehn

Level 111
cool but this seems like you're pushing karakura academics to be like actual school.

what i mean by this is me referring to a phrase said by many: "we come home from school just to go to school again in Minecraft." I feel as if this would turn off a lot of people from attending class because they do not want to be handed assignments or homework.

also unless you're going to be the one coding this and hosting the website, I doubt that the owners would go through this process of making it and hosting it as well. (assuming you want a webpage like onrain since you didn't mention anything about a discord or such.)

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
cool but this seems like you're pushing karakura academics to be like actual school.

what i mean by this is me referring to a phrase said by many: "we come home from school just to go to school again in Minecraft." I feel as if this would turn off a lot of people from attending class because they do not want to be handed assignments or homework.

also unless you're going to be the one coding this and hosting the website, I doubt that the owners would go through this process of making it and hosting it as well. (assuming you want a webpage like onrain since you didn't mention anything about a discord or such.)
It still is like school whether the website is real or not, as teachers and professors hand out quizzes and homework, so that reasoning makes no sense at all.

greehn

Level 111
It still is like school whether the website is real or not, as teachers and professors hand out quizzes and homework, so that reasoning makes no sense at all.
yeah but having a platform to hand out homework and assignments where you can (I'm assuming) see who has and who hasn't done the homework gives teachers the power to pester the students about those sorts of things and could make students feel obligated to complete any work which the teacher gives out to maintain a mark of some sort.

if for some reason the teachers are not actually marking these sorts of material, I don't understand why give them out at all lol

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
As a former teacher, I underdtand why it will be more easy for teachers and professors, but like greehn said its like going from school to school and I don't think students will really use it. it's roleplay and not like irl school and you need to remember this, the class you hosting needs to be fun and not something serious like that, although I believe people really learn things from that. about the time zones you right, but me as a girl who coming when its morning for me, of course I see only for example 100 players online but yes I see professors and even if you not going to the all classes because of this, you can to come to another classes.

I general, I think it will be more easy and its interesting idea but it's not actually school and only roleplay so I don't think people will need it or will want to use it.

Laur

Level 39

Great idea and a lot of effort put into it, but if 3-4 people forget / cannot turn in an assignment, you shouldn’t be making whole google classrooms for it and such. As greehn said, it just seems like you’re coming home from school just to do more schoolwork (in a way.) It would also take a lot of coding like greehn said and I don’t think staff members / the owners really have time for it unless they absolutely admire the idea of this.

They should add mailboxes or something for classrooms, though it may be filled with junk/troll mail, students can hand in their assignments while the teacher is offline or a student is offline.

Either way, I think you’re thinking about the idea way too seriously. One last thing, getting one zero on an SRP assignment shouldn’t matter and I doubt too many people care about it. The school doesn’t have a grading / grade book system so it doesn’t really affect them in a way. Just be glad you have students turning in assignments as well.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
i really like the idea of the assignments online because there is a lot of classes that make a test and not everyone can join it, for a lot of reasons (being offline, not at the class, being afk, etc) and with this plataform everyone gets the chance to participate it. BUT i dont think that having online classes will be a good idea, we have the srp ones just for that. I like the assignments part and i would like to understand more about the plataform, will it be at google? will they create a new one? im interested.
[EDIT] Also, reading the comments i have to agree, i dont like the idea of this being mandatory, i think it will be a good idea to the ones that are interested of doing the assignment and etc but not harm the others, and thinking that way, discord might be the best plataform to that, just post it on the bulletins and who is interested can do it.

Last edited:

Laur

Level 39
i really like the idea of the assignments online because there is a lot of classes that make a test and not everyone can join it, for a lot of reasons (being offline, not at the class, being afk, etc) and with this plataform everyone gets the chance to participate it. BUT i dont think that having online classes will be a good idea, we have the srp ones just for that. I like the assignments part and i would like to understand more about the plataform, will it be at google? will they create a new one? im interested. anyways, +1!

I skimmed it, but I do think online assignments is a good idea, just not google classrooms or websites. Though I believe you can already post assignments or tests in teacher/professor bulletins in the Karakura Academics.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Though I believe you can already post assignments or tests in teacher/professor bulletins in the Karakura Academics.
yeah that's what i said on the EDIT, i think if the teachers and professors use the bulletin more, this idea would not be needed.

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich

Great idea and a lot of effort put into it, but if 3-4 people forget / cannot turn in an assignment, you shouldn’t be making whole google classrooms for it and such. As greehn said, it just seems like you’re coming home from school just to do more schoolwork (in a way.) It would also take a lot of coding like greehn said and I don’t think staff members / the owners really have time for it unless they absolutely admire the idea of this.

They should add mailboxes or something for classrooms, though it may be filled with junk/troll mail, students can hand in their assignments while the teacher is offline or a student is offline.

Either way, I think you’re thinking about the idea way too seriously. One last thing, getting one zero on an SRP assignment shouldn’t matter and I doubt too many people care about it. The school doesn’t have a grading / grade book system so it doesn’t really affect them in a way. Just be glad you have students turning in assignments as well.
I asked Alcidies if I could add like a little mailbox or something, but the answer was no due to something I forget. So that's when I started coming up with this idea because if it could just be that simple for little chest and such I would have never thought of this.

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
i really like the idea of the assignments online because there is a lot of classes that make a test and not everyone can join it, for a lot of reasons (being offline, not at the class, being afk, etc) and with this plataform everyone gets the chance to participate it. BUT i dont think that having online classes will be a good idea, we have the srp ones just for that. I like the assignments part and i would like to understand more about the plataform, will it be at google? will they create a new one? im interested.
[EDIT] Also, reading the comments i have to agree, i dont like the idea of this being mandatory, i think it will be a good idea to the ones that are interested of doing the assignment and etc but not harm the others, and thinking that way, discord might be the best plataform to that, just post it on the bulletins and who is interested can do it.
I never said it would be mandatory for players to sign up for this, it will be like Onrain you can sign up if you want to sign up and feel like a real school if they choose, but the platform would also be a place just to get homework turned in, and for test/quizzes to be looked at and taken. This will also be for notes for future test, but again I never said it would be mandatory for players to sign up and join it. Because for the bulletins still gonna be in use you would just send the link of the homework turn in from that site for the students that will use it only once to turn in stuff.

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
yeah but having a platform to hand out homework and assignments where you can (I'm assuming) see who has and who hasn't done the homework gives teachers the power to pester the students about those sorts of things and could make students feel obligated to complete any work which the teacher gives out to maintain a mark of some sort.

if for some reason the teachers are not actually marking these sorts of material, I don't understand why give them out at all lol
No, because as teachers and professors, you have to make classes very interactive and with test and homework. This is just so we can get the people from different time zones, we would never pester players to get homework done. It's just so we can get grades in and submit them. If someone doesn't turn it in through the site but turns it in through SRP the player will still get credit, but if they don't hand it in anywhere it's a Zero. It's just that for teachers and professors if you give out homework you need to put grades out of the assignment.

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
As a former teacher, I underdtand why it will be more easy for teachers and professors, but like greehn said its like going from school to school and I don't think students will really use it. it's roleplay and not like irl school and you need to remember this, the class you hosting needs to be fun and not something serious like that, although I believe people really learn things from that. about the time zones you right, but me as a girl who coming when its morning for me, of course I see only for example 100 players online but yes I see professors and even if you not going to the all classes because of this, you can to come to another classes.

I general, I think it will be more easy and its interesting idea but it's not actually school and only roleplay so I don't think people will need it or will want to use it.
It wouldn't be like going from school to school, as in this isn't mandatory as I said and that also if you want to sign up and participate in the site you can, just like Onrain. And if the owners do like this idea I'm positive me and RandomlyAccepted can help out with making it, as I do know some coding myself and even if they don't want to do it themselves I might just do this idea myself and then show them the finish product and see if we can add it.

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
I skimmed it, but I do think online assignments is a good idea, just not google classrooms or websites. Though I believe you can already post assignments or tests in teacher/professor bulletins in the Karakura Academics.
You can but for assignments not test, how would you know who finished and who's it is?

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich

I know there is no grade book but, for hard committed SRP RPers this is perfect for them, since it would give an aspect of more than just going to a simple class and then doing nothing after it. Also if people don't care about they will just get a zero and I know people don't care about not getting a zero, but this would be also a great step for College classes and stuff, and maybe they could add grade books in and report cards just to give the school life a little more realistic. Also you never know something until you try it, so players might love it and players might hate it but to only figure that out is if you give it a chance. Like Onrain they made it yet not many people use it.

lola✮

Level 7
Honestly i'm down for the idea. i think for ppl who are more committed to srp and rp, it's a good idea because it makes things for realistic and school would work better with classes being more- like they are your actual class, not just a random one you go to, like a bit more of a committed pov ig. In addition it also works because it is optional to those who are less committed and dont want this aspect of things in srp, then they don't have to take part. It could also make the job of proffessors and teachers easier, However it could be a drag for some people to do after more work ik this pain especially as a lazy person cough- but I think he said it was optional so like- it'll be less of a drag to do, since most ppl doing this online work will be doing it willingly.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
maybe they could add grade books in and report cards just to give the school life a little more realistic.

Grade books would be near impossible to maintain. I speak from experience. Especially if the person constantly changes character or IGN all the time. There could be a grade system plugin where the teacher/professors can give actual grades for the students work and the student can keep up with it that but that would take too much time for both parties, those working on it and those giving out the grades. If you have a near full class of students to give out grades to then its a challenge/battle against time and organization and we all know how short every period is. The whole problem was regarding timezone issues. I’m pointing this out because most likely everyone has to deal with personal issues, school, and/or work so would it be worth it to even have those thing set up? No not really. I was skeptical about the whole idea because of how little the possibility of students actually using and it comes to that point where you’re asking yourself “was it really worth doing all of this if at max only 5-10 are only gonna use the website and all of its massive features?” I would think not honestly unless you make it mandatory but as people said above, nobody wants to come home from school just to go back into a school that’s supposed to be a bit more laid back and not too serious but serious enough to make it feel like an actual school.

Users who are viewing this thread