jugheads
jugheads
Notable
IGN:
jugheads

DATE:
08/24/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO MENTION:
Alright, I feel like this can relate to both the GangRP and KPD. So, as a member of the KPD; we get calls about people being 'stuck' in homes, or 'kidnapped'. However, they aren't detained or locked in any way. You can't lock a door from the outside with a key, and not be able to unlock the door. Unless you have a lock on the outside; which isn't allowed due to the edit mode area (in apartments at least). You can't be kidnapped in a house, without having a barricade in front of the door, it just doesn't work that way. They would have to action to throw down something to block you from getting outside, I don't mind going and telling people this logic but we get calls 'non-stop' about it. I'm not complaining about the part of the call, because that's what you do in the Police Faction is help the town out, but we could be busy dealing with a gang event or, stabbed victim, or something instead of having to go open the door for people just because they don't have door permissions to 'open the door' even though they could just action and like warp out, or TP (unless it'd be breaking a rule.. which doesn't really make sense to me could just be me though).

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It will save time for the Police Faction without having to go through these calls, where they aren't actually kidnapped and could just action to unlock the door and open it. And people could understand that if they want to kidnap someone, they have to detain them not just throw them into a room and lock the door. This could just be something a KPD member sees' as a pain, but I know other people have had some trouble with this. I just want to mention that you can leave the room at any time unless you are detained or actually barricaded in. Then you should call the police department, or try to escape.

Last edited:

philbertman42

Level 136
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
This is one of those things that ultimately can't be fixed by staff. Common sense is often completely disregarded on SRP, and people often fall back on videogame logic instead of thinking for even a microsecond before considering what would be a realistic course of action in any situation. The only solution to this would be teaching people common sense, but it'll be a cold day in hell when people like the ones you described grow functional brains.

robinzee

Level 21
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
What Ali said here, it's not a suggestion, really, it's more of a thing to bring awareness to. It's great that you brought attention to it, but staff cannot fix it unless it's a rule that you can't... call the KPD when you're locked in...? Which as a rule makes zero sense to me.

The_eight8

Level 37
The_8eightYT
The_8eightYT
Omega
-1, I don't rlly see a suggestion here, unless you mean your suggestion is don't be able to lock a door? Which in that case still -1 for me personally

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

From what I've seen, you don't need to action to put a lock on a door. It's already implied that the door is locked from both sides. I see where you come from but if someone called and really was kidnapped in an area, they should not be able to /warp or it'd be failrp. Though I get what you may be saying, it is also realistic for people to call when they are kidnapped. If they really were kidnapped, why would they warp away? Unless they are lying, I don't see the issue. If I kidnapped someone and they were in an apartment or house that I owned, I surely wouldn't want them to just warp out.

If someone was stuck and not kidnapped inside of a house, it may be possible that it is a new player that doesn't know how and it's not their fault. And for situations when a player is stuck in a spot that they physically could not get out of, I don't see the problem with them calling 110 to get out. The phone number isn't only just for crimes. In addition to that, just because KPD might be dealing with something already doesn't mean that people shouldn't call in the case of an emergency like this. It isn't often that KPD is dealing with a gang event and when it comes to stabbed victims, there are more than just a few KPD members, I'm sure some could branch off and deal with other situations.

If this is also going for calls where you go to where they say they are kidnapped but when you get there, they aren't there, people might be baiting the KPD to a specific area to commit a crime and get away with it. I have done this before to get cops to a specific area so that I'd be free to do something in another.

jugheads

Level 6
jugheads
jugheads
Notable
What Ali said here, it's not a suggestion, really, it's more of a thing to bring awareness to. It's great that you brought attention to it, but staff cannot fix it unless it's a rule that you can't... call the KPD when you're locked in...? Which as a rule makes zero sense to me.
It wasn't a suggestion, this is for Mentions or Suggestions that's the whole idea of this thread.

jugheads

Level 6
jugheads
jugheads
Notable
I got so lost reading this someone explain to me please
Okay so basically, KPD gets a shit ton of calls about people being kidnapped. However, they aren't kidnapped when they could just open the door and leave. If that makes any sense. An idea of kidnap; would be tied down, or a barricaded door. But SRP's logic is just since they don't have apartment keys they can't unlock doors from the inside. Also the whole "that's no fun", you gotta think about other people as well. That's like 70% of the calls we get, which is helping the town or whatever but we have to break into homes to open doors for people when they could just open the door themself?

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Okay so basically, KPD gets a shit ton of calls about people being kidnapped. However, they aren't kidnapped when they could just open the door and leave. If that makes any sense. An idea of kidnap; would be tied down, or a barricaded door. But SRP's logic is just since they don't have apartment keys they can't unlock doors from the inside. Also the whole "that's no fun", you gotta think about other people as well. That's like 70% of the calls we get, which is helping the town or whatever but we have to break into homes to open doors for people when they could just open the door themself?
Gotcha gotcha

Users who are viewing this thread