Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+

─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─

Hello Karakura. Jin Kuroki Here.
Today’s article is about an unfortunate event that happened recently involving a certain member of the community and a member of our esteemed KPD.

On October 28th, a few KPD members were on a seemingly normal patrol, until they arrived at the powerplant. They saw a few individuals in masks and pat them down, until one ran out of the powerplant and held a katana to one of the detectives, Sasha Vasylenko.

The officers had to hold out their guns and tried to de-escalate the situation, but the officer was stabbed. The attacker attempted to leave, but was stopped and detained. Below is the bodycam footage of the chase. Viewer discretion is HEAVILY advised, as there are some graphic scenes.

(Body cam footage)

Next, we have an interview with the attacker. Due to the length of the interview, there will be a TLDR at the bottom.

[!] - An audio recording would be attached, along with a transcript at the bottom - [!]
Kuroki | He cleared his throat before speaking “Good afternoon. My name is Jin Kuroki. I am with Karakura News. Let's start this interview off now. What is your name and age?"

Tanaka | Was silent for a minute, before his name was uttered “Sefu Tanaka.” He then cleared his throat “I’m 20.”

Kuroki | “Well, Sefu Tanaka. It is known that you were the one who attacked an officer. Detective Vasylenko. What was your motive to commit such a horrid act of violence?”

Tanaka | “Why do you think?”

Kuroki | There would be a slight pause before a quiet deep breath was heard “I do believe you had more of a motive than them simply being an officer of the law. Unless criminals have gotten that selfish and... Well... boring.”

Tanaka |
“I don’t know what drove me to do it.”

Kuroki | “So are you admitting to be an average, heartless criminal? One that has no care for yourself or your community? A simple-minded person who harms others blindly?”

Tanaka | He remained silent for a long period of time. Uttering in a low tone “I…” Another sustained silence remained until soft tapping of wood was heard. The rhythm increased and got more intense until the individual snapped “You don’t know how it feels. Your life is perfect.”

Kuroki | “You are correct. I do not know how you feel. That is why I am asking you for the details. What I can say is that my life is not perfect, as nobody is ever perfect. So will you now answer my question? What was your motive?”

Tanaka | Took another brief pause before the sound of a chuckle was heard. It was then interrupted by a loud bang on the table. His voice was filled with emotion “You neither understand ‘nor comprehend what I went through. If I told you why, you wouldn’t get it. No one would. At the end of the day, someone like me gets painted like a criminal the minute they get locked up. I know how this goes. I’ve seen it.”

Kuroki | “You are also correct with that statement. I have not lived your life, so I would not know your experiences. However, what made you a criminal were the acts that led you to being locked up. Not you being punished for your misdeeds. You seem to be misinformed or have been too diluted to realize that. If you won’t admit your reason for committing your crime, then enlighten me on why you believed it to be right. What justified your actions? What made you think it was the right course of action to get your message across?”

Tanaka | There would be audible rustling of chains, followed by a laugh that sounded as if he had broken down. However, it shifted to a more sinister, hysterical laugh. It sounded as if he had gone insane until the laughter stopped abruptly. “Justification? Is that what you want? Is that what you came for? I’ve for sure as hell got some for you!” A small snap was heard before he continued “You rely too much on them to realize how much some of them can hurt you. You don’t know how it feels to lose your friends…” There would then be a long pause. “Tell me, Jin Kuroki. Have you seen someone die? The way they go limp as if they were programmed to?”

Kuroki | “To answer the first part, justification is not what I seek. I seek the truth and bring that truth to light. You are simply too diluted by your crimes to realize that. You believe the world is against you because you yourself have put yourself against everything else. I do not rely on the police department, but I trust them to protect myself and my family from people like you. Those who choose to enact acts of violence for their own selfish revenge instead of getting it resolved the just way.” There would be a pause for him to take a deep breath. His tone remained calm “I have witnessed people very close to me breathe their last breath because of selfish people, such as yourself. Those who have no reason other than their own to attack others. I have lived my life watching those who were close to me exit my life, but I know that the officers seek to prevent that from happening to others. That is why I know you are wrong. Losing people does not drive you to make others feel the same.”

Tanaka | “People like me..” There would be harsh tapping of the table “People like me. Is that how you see me?"

Kuroki | “I see you as a criminal. One who acts for their own selfish gain. You may be your own person, with your own motive, but your actions make you the same as everyone else who is locked up further in this station. So let me ask you again. What justified your inhumane actions??

Tanaka | He scoffed “It seems we both know a lot about inhumane actions, Kuroki.”

Kuroki | “Answer my question, Tanaka. What justified your actions? Why did you attack the officer outside of the powerplant?”

Tanaka | “There’s a lot of things that go unexplained. A lot of our actions go unjustified and a lot of our actions do. Justification is a thing we both seek, isn’t it?”

Kuroki | “Who were your associates? Are they affiliated with you? There were very clearly 5 others, with possibly more of them at the scene. So tell me, what group are you affiliated with?”

Tanaka | “I wish I knew myself.”

Kuroki | “Cut the crap. There is definitely some correlation between yourself and the other individuals present at the scene. Who are you affiliated with?”

Tanaka | His finger tapping seemed to slow to a halt until he answered “Karma.”

Kuroki | “Mr. Tanaka. Do you truly have nothing to lose? No regrets? No thoughts or opinions on what your friends may think? What they may feel? How worried they must be? How selfish you were not only to the officer, but to everyone who cares about you?”

Tanaka | “Why care about people who couldn’t put up an effort to care about me?”

Kuroki | “So you admit to knowing the individuals who were seen along with you? Were those all of the people who cared for you? How selfish of you to bring them into your plans, then seem to hope for them to jump in and get themselves hurt. To sacrifice, just for you.”

Tanaka | “I don’t know anyone who was there. Not anymore.”

Kuroki | “So you do know them. And you brought those who you cared for into that dangerous situation, and are now selfishly dropping them because they did not prioritize you over their own well-being.”

Tanaka | “We both prioritize our own well beings, Jin Kuroki. We aren’t different from each other.” A small yawn was audible “There’s no explanation to it. I’m sure you’ve gone through similar traumatizing events. Perhaps your siblings have too. Relatives. How’s your brother?”

Kuroki | “I am nothing like you. If you will not answer my questions, then this interview is over.”

[!] - The recording ended at that point - [!]

TLDR
The inmate, Sefu Tanaka, avoided answering the questions, giving only cryptic responses. He claims to have abandoned those who abandoned him, as well as acting out due to his own experiences. Choosing to inflict that same pain onto others that he has been dealt himself. Only admitting to prioritizing his own well-being over others.

Thank you for tuning in for this report. I apologize for being unable to get the answers that were desired. Stick around to be informed of other events.
Until Next Time
Jin Kuroki

Any topics you would like to see reported? Contact the reporter hotline today!
020-980-4487

Hirathex

Level 244
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
help why is there a video of me GETTING STABBED :sob:

W report though I love Sefu, I'm proud to have been stabbed by him . .

Users who are viewing this thread