players online

Karakura News | A Powerplant Investigation

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
pwp2.gif

Hello civilians of Karakura, today I have brought you a report investigating the abandoned powerplant, right here in the corner of Karakura! As everyone knows, the powerplant hasn’t been given the best reputation, there is much that supposedly goes on here. I’ve taken it amongst myself to heavily investigate the criminal hangout spot. From afar, the structure looks entirely run down. If it weren’t so well-known, you’d never expect this formerly closed-off area to be riddled with violent crime. Let’s take a closer look.

From the very minute I arrived, I was met with a large quantity of masked youth. . It didn’t take very long for them to notice my presence. I blinked and suddenly, I was surrounded by a mass amount of probably gang-affiliated teenagers. While not attacked, it was a rather intimidating first impression of the dangerous scene I’d soon report on. From then on, I sat there, observing for hours. What did I see? Not as much as people make it out to be. For the most part, there wasn’t much that went on. . That is, until the evening. As nightfall announced itself, a large number of what looked to be gang members flooded the scene. They said something about a group known as ‘Kamaitachi’. More will be spoken on that in the next section. They were quite eager for me to report on them, though of course, I refused. One of the masked gang members decided to detail just how gruesome these gangs are. The results? I cannot describe them for filtration reasons.

Now allow us to walk into the information I managed to gather.

For the past few days, I’ve spent a majority of my time doing data collection on the powerplant, and the people who happen to operate in it. When I first arrived, I was told that the area is a ‘social hangout’. . and while they were clearly trying to make it sound innocent, they weren’t exactly wrong. Much of the time I’ve observed the structure, it’s been mostly kids socializing rather than violence. The nighttime is where it becomes a much darker place. Multiple people have recounted their own instances of being attacked in the powerplant, some being more violent than others regarding weapons, while some are things like a broken nose. But that’s beside the point, I had a special opportunity to meet with a low-ranking member of Karakura’s Akihito Clan. A group that claims that they stop crime and operate like a business here. We had a little conversation about the powerplant, and that brings us back to this group called ‘Kamaitachi’ from the earlier section. While this is all hearsay, it makes convincing talk for our investigation. Apparently, they’re quite the active gang, who terrorize people that happen to wander into the powerplant. It’s been said that they have a high ego, often making remarks such as ‘they’re invincible’. The Akihito Clan member has stated that their group does regular patrols in the powerplant, looking for anyone who tries to lure citizens or commit violent acts. The thing to look for is black full-body suits, but they can dress as simple as a standard tuxedo.

Let’s move on to our last section, an interview!

This time, I managed to secure a short interview with Detective Tsukimomoe Taro from the Karakura Police Department! Listen here to learn more about the KPD’s efforts to stop powerplant violence.

Recording Started

NK: Hello Karakura, I'm here with DSI Tsukimomoe Taro to investigate Karakura's powerplant. . let's start off. Powerplant crime. . I've heard many things, but just how bad is it?

DT: We patrol there daily, and maybe one out of three times there'll be an ongoing crime. Sometimes it's minor like a mugging but moooost of the time it's eerr.. A lot more gruesome.​

NK: I see. . with that knowledge, would you consider the powerplant the epicenter of Karakura's violent crimes?

DT: No, I'd consider the sewers the epicenter. It's just that the powerplant is where a crime may start- whereas most crimes conclude within the sewers.​

NK: My my, that's the most interesting answer I've heard thus far! The other day when I was having a look at the powerplant from the outside, a bunch of masked probably gang-affiliated people came up to me. . They stayed there for a while, though with the police's frequent patrols, I believe they scatter quite often. . Would you consider this a common turf for gangs?

DT: Yes.. For meetups and otherwise, it'd be ignorant to say gangs don't love it there. It's a sort of playground for them, no one cares what happens to the property. In fact, right now there's a gang meeting there.​

NK: Really?! Right now? This must be common then... How does the Karakura Police Department currently combat the frequent gang issues at the powerplant? Outside of patrols of course. .

DT: Eeeeh.. It varies depending on what's going on. I won't disclose our exact tactics but usually, you have two officers block the exit, and everyone else pats down whoever's present while a few sweep the place. . . Obviously, this might change if say... It's a murder going on- But usually, it's just gang meetups.​

NK: I see! I think I’ve actually witnessed that myself a few days ago from the outside. . Do you as an officer believe that the KPD could do more about the powerplant's frequent gang violence? If not, how about Karakura's government?

DT: I'm not sure there's much else we could do, aside from lock the whole place up but then that just means the criminals will go elsewhere. Personally, I'd block off the sewer entrance at the bottom. No more escape route. . Does that make sense?​

NK: Indeed it does! While on the topic of government officials, do you suspect that one of Karakura's politicians will eventually try to either clean up or close off the powerplant?

DT: I suspect the deputy mayor may try to, but I don't know if it'll go through. She already cleaned up the tunnel- where criminals used to like to gather. Now they're all trying to share the powerplant, who knows where they'll go if they lose that.​

NK: That's all I have for today. . Thank you for agreeing to this interview!

Recording Stopped

That’s all for today's report, tune in soon for more interesting investigations!

Nobuyuki Kurihara
Have something you’d like reported on? Call the Reporter Hotline, at (020)-980-4487

Users who are viewing this thread