Level 104
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
About Shintoism.gif─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─

Good day citizens of Karakura. Jin Kuroki here! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far!
Today, we have an article about Shintoism, the Monastery, and the new Karakura Shinto Preservation Foundation.
First off, we have a little bit about Shintoism, from one of the Mikos themselves.

─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─

Shintoism

Shintoism is a polytheistic religion based around the Kami, which are the gods in Shintoism. The real meaning of Kami is spirit, but calling them gods makes it easier. The main point of Shintoism is pure versus impure. Izanagi is the Kami that created the earth and everything in it. Izanami is his wife and did similar things. Chiharu-Yamatsumi is the Kami for our shrine in Karakura. The Kami are of two minds. When they are respected, they provide favor to the people. But if they are disrespected, they will unleash their wrath. Kami also have the ability to inhabit items in our world, like possession, but in a positive connotation.

Next, I had gotten a tour by the amazing Shrine staff, and gathered photos and some information about the buildings at the Monastery.

Tour

Main Center
Untitled design (7).jpg

Gift Shop
Can buy lanterns and Omamories
Omamories - Charms that grant Luck
Ema wall
Ema - Wishes and hopes for the future

Untitled design (1).jpg

Tea House
A building that you can enjoy some tea and relax.
Untitled design.jpg

Torii Gate
A gate where people pay respect to the Kami and Spirits by bowing. Shows the entrance to their realm.

Untitled design (2).jpg

The Monastery
Holds the offering box
Where you make an offering and pray. The amount is more symbolic, so its kept at 100 Yen.
How to pray when making an offering:
Drop your offering into the offering box
Shake the rope outside, ringing the bell. Alerting the Kami that you are praying.
Face the shrine and take two deep bows.
Stand straight up and bring your hands up to your chest and clap them twice
Make your prayer, either out loud or think it
Take one final deep bow

Untitled design (3).jpg

The Cave
Many cave drawings, but many were lost in time.
Many involving 2 people, one including a crow
In a deeper part of the cave, there is a depiction of fire and destruction.

Untitled design (5).jpg

Dojo
On the first floor, there are two training dummies
There is a smaller Shrine, just for the dojo
The second floor has 2 more training dummies, as well as a training pit.

Untitled design (4).jpg

Fortune Telling Hut
Tarot Card Reading
Various books and scrolls were on the shelves inside.
Shrines of the seven lucky gods were on a shelf inside
Untitled design (8).jpg

The Old Shrine
Visible fire damage
Rumored to be either caused by the wrath of the Kami or the actions of a priest, angered by the sins of the Karakura citizens.
Shows off the past of the Monastery

Untitled design (6).jpg

Next, I had the honor of interviewing Ryuu Tashiro, the founder of the Karakura Shinto Preservation Foundation.

[!] - The recording would begin
JK | “Good evening, Mr. Tashiro. Thank you for making time for this interview. I understand you have a lot on your plate, running your shop, along with this new non-profit organization.”

RT | “Indeed I do, but I’m honored to give my time to something like this.”

JK | “Well, let's start with our first question. Tell us a bit about yourself, Mr. Tashiro. Whatever you would like to share.”

RT | There would be a short pause “About me, huh? I’m a firm-believer in Shintoism, a father as well, and I’m starting this organization to finally bring some food amongst all the bad to this community.”

JK | “And I assume your belief in Shintoism inspired you to start your non-profit organization?”

RT | “Indeed it did. I visit the shrine very frequently, but what saddens me is the little amount of people I see each time.. Shinto culture has been dying out in Japan more and more, but even more considerably in Karakura. I want to shine some new light on the monastery, and help preserve not only the culture, but all of the great priests and maidens, who’ve dedicated themselves to this religion.”

JK | “Well, this bridges into my next question, which is what your organization will do to bring awareness to the shrine, and Shintoism as a whole?”

RT | “Many of it will be public events, such as public balls, fundraisers, and music shows. Almost all of the profits will be donated to the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery. We hope that our events will bring sight to the monastery and realize just how much culture is struggling here in Karakura.”

JK | “That is very honorable. Those events would definitely bring a lot of awareness to your cause, and donating the funds will greatly help. How will people be able to donate to this cause?”

RT | “We’re currently working on establishing an office somewhere in Karakura, where hopefully people will be able to donate there. Otherwise, just purchasing food, drinks, or even attending our events will help fund this cause.”

JK | “That sounds wonderful. Do you have a time where you will be holding your first event? Like an approximate date?”

RT | “Not any specific dates at the moment. We’re still working on establishing everything here first. Once we get our employees situated, our office, and I meet with our sponsors, we can officially host our first event.”

JK | “And that leads me to my final question. How can people apply to help your organization?”

RT | “We are always looking for more employees, so if anyone would like to apply, they may find me for now. I’m not hard to find. And once we have our office, you’ll be able to apply there.”

JK | “Thank you for your time, Mr. Tashiro. I hope to see you soon, and hear more about your organization.”

RT | “It’s no problem, I hope to see you attending our events in the future. It’d be a pleasure to have you.”

[!] - The recording would end

That is all for today! I hope this has piqued your interests and you give the Monastery a visit yourself!
Stay tuned!
Until Next Time
Jin Kuroki

Users who are viewing this thread