mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Karakura News | Behind the Scenes: Lawyers!

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+

1638215425724.png

29/11/2021
Tomochin Uemara

Happy Monday, Karakura!

My latest report has been belated, because I have been working on a special monthly feature. Before we jump in to this month’s issue, a quick rundown of “Karakura, Behind the Scenes!” is as so: Every month I will reach out to a member of the public, and pull them up for a chat about their job so all of YOU at home can get the latest scoop on future career paths.

In this edition, we’re going to be going over the world of being a Laywer in Karakura, courtesy of none other than Yuuka Ohikoa, a government worker which has been a part of infamous cases such as the Sage Soda case and the Popovich vs. Herrington case.

[ Karakura News has been given full consent to document this information and show it to the public ]
YO : “So how do we do this?”

TU : “We can start with your name, how old you are and what your occupation is.”

YO : “My name is Yuuka Ohikoa, I am 28 years old and I am one of the best lawyers in Karakura! Actually, I take that back. I’m like totally the best!”

TU: “Awesome. Love the confidence! So, tell me more about being a lawyer. Let’s start with the basics, how’d you get into it?”

YO: “Well, both of my parents had jobs surrounding law meaning I’d hear them discuss it often which is how I learnt a lot of what I know and probably what inspired me most - though at first I had actually gone into the police side of things. . . I just don’t think it was for me and I found being a lawyer a way to do what I enjoy better suited to me.”

TU: “I love a heartfelt story. From what I’ve heard, you are pretty good at what you do! Would you mind telling me your favourite case to have worked on up until now?”

YO: "Since I have been in Karakura, I have only worked on two cases. Neither of which were particularly enjoyable, in fact I witnessed my client die in one which was very unfortunate. The Popovich vs Herrington case was likely my most well known case. As for the other, It was confusing to say the least. . . The boy had cut off his own leg if I'm recalling correctly."

TU: "That would be Sage Soda, no? Well. . Both of those cases received incredible media coverage, but we won't be discussing in too much detail what actually went down at either due to their . . Strange nature. However! Working on those cases, your only two cases, it must have been pretty daunting - right? How did you feel while doing it all?"

YO: "Well, it is certainly stressful to prepare and then speak in a room with so many people but overall I do still enjoy it! Both cases I consider a win as neither of my clients actually faced consequences other than the second, which as you said was Sage Soda's case, in which the KPD had to apologise I believe."

TU: "I see. . I can imagine all of that stress, just thinking about it! But. . Miss Ohikoa. Do you think that this has all been worth it? And. . Do you have anything to say to aspiring law students who might wish to take a similar career path to yourself?"

YO: "It has definitely been worth it! I love the job I do and even if I have worked on strange cases, I'm still able to help people. And I'm not a particularly inspiring person but if there are any law students out there then I wish them the best! But remember that your never the only one arguing in the case, think through what the opposition might say. . . Oh and make sure to get any evidence you can! Those are two of the most important things you can do if you ever get to work a case."

TU: "Wow. . I am so glad Karakura has amazing people like you working for it's government, in a way. Keep doing what you do, Yuuka. And thank you so much for allowing me to interview you - I sure hope you guys see some new faces in the office thanks to you."

YO: "You're very welcome, It has been an honour speaking to you. And some new faces would be lovely to see too, as you said!"

And that was Miss Yuuka Ohikoa representing the lawyers from Karakura’s town hall. It was definitely interesting getting a sample of Yuuka’s every day life working with justice, and you must admit - her work is pretty fascinating! Make sure you keep your eyes peeled for the next edition of Karakura, Behind the Scenes! later on in December, maybe it’ll be something you’ve got your eyes on!

SCREENSHOT CREDIT:
@HokuTana

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT APPLYING TO BE A LAWYER

Users who are viewing this thread